z

Young Writers Society

Winged Ones

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu May 13, 2010 12:06 am
View Likes
fictionfanatic says...

sunstarfrozenlife, Kaylee will like your character too but she just doesn't want to show it because she's not sure how Blaise feels. Good?

And Dragonet, you can join.
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Thu May 13, 2010 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Thu May 13, 2010 12:23 am
ArahniaSiddel says...

Kaylee!! You are TALKING TO Me PLEASE READ ALL POSTS YOU HAVN'T READ BEFORE WRITING :)

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Thu May 13, 2010 12:49 am
LovelessSummer says...

Sorry! I have been away for a birthday bash, would anyone mind updating me?
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

84 Reviews

Thu May 13, 2010 12:53 am
fictionfanatic says...

Sorry Arahnia! I must've missed those. Huh. Well here's the new version of my post...

Loveless...nothing has really happened. We're just getting to know each toher's characters. Blaise and Blake are surrounded by wolves, Blaise and my character like each other, we live in a cave, that's pretty much it. Am I missing anything?

Kaylee:

I attempted to get a tan, my wings spread out and my feet laying in the cool water. Michel landed next to me. "Hey." I said leisurely "so I hear you enjoy watching people train."

"What do you know?" He snapped at me. With a barely audible sigh I sat up and faced him "No need to be snappish honey." I placed my hand under his chin and kissed his nose lightly. It wasn't a "we're in love" kiss, it was a kiss that a sister would give her baby brother.

"I was just going to say that you can watch me whenever you want and I won't mind. I know most people here get a little paranoid about it or dislike it when you do that. I was just putting it out there."
Live, Love, Laugh

48 Reviews

Thu May 13, 2010 1:10 am
ArahniaSiddel says...

Michel, Eli, Marvel, Ester, and Kaylee are all at a waterfall. . . .
Michel
"I was just going to say that you can watch me whenever you want and I won't mind. I know most people here get a little paranoid about it or dislike it when you do that. I was just putting it out there." Said Kaylee. Michel wondered if that was true, or she had seen him watching Blake. She may just be letting it go because he had been so snappish. But, he wasn't going to say anything if she wasn't.
"Yeah, I guess I do. I like studying different techniques. Sorry I snapped; I didn’t know anyone saw me.” Even he knew it was a lame excuse, but if Kaylee didn’t buy is she didn’t say anything.
“That’s o.k.” she said "Hey, let’s go join the game. She jumped up spraying Michel in the face. He didn’t mind though, just as long as the subject was changed. He dove down behind her trying to clear his thoughts.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Thu May 13, 2010 2:00 am
ultraviolet says...

Blake

A growling sound came from my right.

"Crap," said Blaise. "Looks like wolves got here first."

I reached down and pulled my daggers out. I went into a fighting stance. Three wolves stepped out from the greenery, snarling. Blaise hadn't thought to bring a weapon, but he never missed a beat.

A wolf lunged at him, he grabbed a huge branch that was lying on the ground, and swung. Had we been playing baseball, it would have been a home run. To my surprise, a new wolf stepped out of nowhere and took it's place. And another showed up. And another. Soon we were surrounded by what must have been twenty wolves. Even with our fighting skills, with Blaise unarmed, we were outmatched.

I looked over at Blaise. "Retreat?" I asked with a grimace. I hated that word with a passion.

"Retreat," he agreed.

Together we shot upwards, though one of the wolves succeeded in cutting a gash in my leg with it's claw. We crashed through a layer of pine needles and branches, finally breaking to the clear sky.

I looked down and my denim jeans were getting soaked with scarlet. Uh oh.

As uncoordinated in the air as I usually was, this maxed out. Normally it took me a while in the air to feel faint, but wooziness was already arriving. We weren't far from base, however, and I could hear everyone at the waterfall playing around. Me and Blaise silently agreed to go there. Somehow, we just knew.

We were almost right above it, when I started seeing spots. This was not good. Sure, I had seen spots when flying before, but that was after an hour or two. Not a few minutes.

"Blaise, I think I'm gonna pass out." He knew I meant it.

"we're almost there. Can you make it?" he asked worriedly.

"Um...." My wings gave way. I started falling. It was thirty feet to the ground.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Thu May 13, 2010 3:08 am
Dragonet says...

Name: Corbin

Appearance:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/boy% ... an.jpg?o=1

Wings: Molasses brown and feathery, with pale, creamy tips.

mask: just a plain, regular mask made out of leather. Not the sleek, black leather; the old fashioned, tan kind. (Why do we have masks?)

Personality: He loves everybody and everything. He can always find good in everyone. He changes his personality allot so that he can fit in. So he is a very agreeably person. He is also slightly mischievous. He likes teasing people but it's a fun, brotherly teasing,and he doesn't let it get annoying.
He's like a brother to everyone. At times he's like a big brother that you could tell anything to. And sometimes he acts like a fun-loving, teasing little brother. He calls everyone on the island "his family".

Feelings towards the people that left him on the island: He doesn't like to think about it. He doesn't hate them, but he hasn't forgiven them either. He can't understand why they did this to his, what he did he ever do to them?

Likes: Nature; He feels like he knows every rock in the creak and every tree in the wood. Night; it gives him time to be alone and think.

Dislikes: Bullies and bossy people. These are the only people that he can't stand. If a bully picks on someone then he will fight for the person that is being picked on. If someone commands him to do something without so much as a "please" then he will get stubborn and won't do it.

Strengths: He's really, really good with animals. He has great eye sight. Musically talented; he has a pipe that he loves to play. He is as quiet as a mouse, he can sneak up on anyone. He loves to eavesdrop on people and doesn't consider it wrong.

Flaws: Can't sing a note for the life of him. He walks allot so his wings aren't as strong as they should be. He can't fly as long or as fast as everyone else.

Up for love: Yes.

Lovless I know that my charecter is a lot like yours but I swear that I did not copy you. I only just now read your profile, after I wrote mine. So, I'm sorry! (but could I keep my charecter the way he is? I was up late at night making his profile.
Last edited by Dragonet on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:05 am, edited 10 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Thu May 13, 2010 3:13 am
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Blaise

I flew down in a fast spiral and caught Blake. Crap, she was heavy when you were trying to fly. But I couldn't land, as the wolves were in fast pursuit. I struggled to stay up.

I saw the waterfall. Everyone else was there. I quickly flew down and put Blake on the ground. "Help!"

Michel ran over, as did everyone else.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Thu May 13, 2010 11:10 am
Yuriiko says...

Caroline: Edited

My peaceful environment unexpectedly turned different as I heard chatters and noises filled the air. Intrigue, I spread my wings and jumped off from the rocky ground I was lying on, even if that was leaving my favorite book. Next thing I knew, I was flying and looking for that strange calling for help. I wandered over the woods until I saw a crowd and a person lying on the ground.

I hurriedly descended and then felt the wet grassy field. I made my way through the crowded area. I moved closer to the person on the ground.

It was Blake.

I took a quick glance at the boy beside her. He looked unfamiliar but my attention focused more on the injured body. I directly sat on my heels and examined her body until I saw her faint wings. I heard a small whimper from Blake’s distressed face.

“I want to help.” I muttered with assurance… all of a sudden I sensed something different ... Wolves.
Last edited by Yuriiko on Thu May 13, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

48 Reviews

Thu May 13, 2010 1:16 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

How many people are there? Yuriiko12345, it takes a while to get to the waterfalls from the cave . . . just saying.
Michel
Michel looked up from the game. Someone was calling for help. The others heard it too, and almost in unison they sprung to the air. They didn't have to fly long to see. It was Blaise and Blake. Blake was lying on the ground. Blood soaked one of her pants legs. Still in the air Kaylee called out,
“What’s wrong? What happened? Is she going to be O.K.?
They landed and Blaise was about to answer when about 20 wolves rushed into the clearing.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Thu May 13, 2010 1:40 pm
Dragonet says...

Corbin~

I crouched on the branch and watched Ester. She was leaning on the tree that I was in, and was reading a book. I quietly slipped down to a lower branch that was directly above her. Grabbing onto the branch I swung down into an upside-down position and stuck my head through the leaves. I brought my mouth close to her ear and suddenly said, "Bo!"

Ester jumped and dropped her book. She spun around and swung her fist at me. I leaned to the right to avoid the strike, but she managed to knock me on the chin. The impact of the hit made me lose my grip and I fell to the ground.

Ester saw that it was me and she lowered her fists. "Gosh Corbin! Don't do that! You are such a jerk."

I sat up and rubbed my chin. I groaned. "I'm gonna have a bruise," I say wincing.

"Serves you right," Ester replied with her hands on her hips. She hates it when I sneak up on her, but I could see that she was holding back a smile.

Suddenly we hear a bark and a growl, and both of us turn our heads.

"Wolves," I say.

Then we hear someone cry for help and both of us take off toward the sound.
Last edited by Dragonet on Fri May 14, 2010 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK!!!

Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?

84 Reviews

Thu May 13, 2010 10:33 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Kaylee:

"No one move." I said gently. Kneeling on the ground I said "On the ground. No one make eye contact." The leader of the pack let out a low growl. In a quick second he was ontop of me. Everyone jumped but I said "No. Stay where you are." The wolf let out another low growl. I refused to meet his eyes.

Then he began growling threateningly "Oh well if you're going to be like that." Bringing my legs up I kicked the wolf off and he slammed into the ground. All of the other wolves began charging and everyone began fending them off.

A wolf was going to bite into Blake. In a large leap I crouched over Blake, fending off the wolf. I let out a snarl which I had learned to do long ago. The wolf hesitated for a quick second but lunged. It clawed my arm, leaving large bleeding claw marks. I jumped ontop off it and plunged a knife I've been working on into its back.
Live, Love, Laugh

48 Reviews

Thu May 13, 2010 10:56 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

Suddenly Kaylee kicked the wolf off her, and everyone jumped to action. My knives were back at the water fall; a large white wolf jumped on me and we wrestled on the ground. I went into the overdrive I always got when fighting. I didn’t think about my actions I just acted. The wolf bit my arm and leaped back before I could hit it. But, the next time I was ready. It made a gash in my chest, but flying up I landed on top of it. It turned in circles confused. I groped at its face then felt something soft. I dug my fingernails in. The wolf yowled. Dropping to the ground and rolling. Another wolf clenched down on my wing making me lose me grip.
As it flings me in the air motion stops, I see everything, and one thing. We are losing the fight.

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Thu May 13, 2010 11:00 pm
sunstarfrozenlife says...

Blaise

A wolf lunged for Blake. I flew out my wings, and it hit the wolf in the face. It fell to the ground, a trickle of blood on it's face. It stood back up, growling, but I continued to fight it off.
When your life is based around the face of Sawyer from Lost you know you're officially obsessed.
--
Join Isha's SB, the Shadows!
And mine, Lament of Innocence!
And LDR's, Dark Fey!
And- ok, I'm going to shut up now.
:D

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Thu May 13, 2010 11:07 pm
ultraviolet says...

Blake

I heard a pain-filled scream, which aroused me. Looking around, I saw we were in a fight with the wolves.

Ignoring the pain of my leg, I jumped up, and grabbed my daggers. Light glinted off my knife, and I saw it reflect something behind me; a wolf. Most people would have missed this, but that was the kind of thing I trained for. I swung around and, as the wolf pounced, I stuck it in the chest, and it fell to the ground.

Another wolf tried to bite my arm, but with my lighting quick reflexes, and pulled back, and it got a mouthful of my dagger; the sharp side. It howled in pain, and I used it's distraction to finish it off.

Behind me, Blaise was fighting off one barehanded.

"Yo, Blaise." And I tossed him a blade. He caught it on the handle, that's how good we worked together. Of course, now I only had one dagger, but I would deal.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything
— Plato