z

Young Writers Society

A Dragon's World

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:46 pm
Forestqueen808 says...

Yay! I am suddenly obsessed with fantasy and thought of this idea...dun dun dun!!! Okie dokie...continuing...

Plot

Dragons, the fiercest creatures in the world, the one hunters have been after for years, and you're one of them. As you hunt for food, stealing sheep from the fields and deer from the woods, hunters and dragon slayers begin to notice you. Your job, is to survive. Humans are looking for you, and its not that easy not to be spotted when hunting. Survive, live, and help the dragon race to survive.

Species

there are a couple different species to choose from, of course, you can be any color, just put your species down...

Western Dragon (European):
Spoiler! :
The Western Dragons are the ones that us westerners think about. The one's knights fought and who gaurded princesses in lonely tours and reside in mountains. (They do reside in Mountains by the way)

Eastern/Oriental Dragon:
Spoiler! :
The Eastern, or Oriental Dragon is the one that appears in Asian history, mainly Japanese and Chinese. These dragons represents elements, mainly air and water.

Frost Dragon:
Spoiler! :
Now, my favorite. The Frost Dragon. The body is similar to that of the European Dragon, but they are covered in ice, and such. They also breathe ice instead of fire. These dragons reside in cold places, such as Antartica, Greenland, and some may reside on very high mountains, like Mt. Everest for example. :)

Marsupial Dragon:
Spoiler! :
[img][IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/DHADMIN/Avatars/6445f35a.jpg[/img][/img]
Now, for all your kids upside down (hehe, Australia, New Zealand, etc.) this is your dragon, the Marsupial Dragon. The Marsupial Dragon is believed to reside in Australia, and countries like it. Anyways, these hop on their feet, much like kangaroos. They have wings, but are not the best fliers in the world. This makes them depend on their hiding skills. Oh, and they also have a pouch and are the only dragon who gives live birth. But it is only to one or two at the most at a time.

Mexican Dragon:
Spoiler! :
The Mexican Dragon, is one out of two that has feathers. It does not have legs. So it mainly flies, or slithers on the ground like snakes, but of course, prefers to fly. Many of the hunters and slayers are after this dragon for its bright colors and feathers.

Bird Dragon:
Spoiler! :
This Dragon, the Bird Dragon, is the second species that has feathers. This Dragon resembles a bird in many ways, for example, it has feathers, an almost beak like mouth, and bird like talons and feet. This dragon, hunts much like a bird as well. Though, it goes for bigger prey. It circles around fields, and when it sees its prey, it picks it up, just like a bird would.

Now, Character Pallate:

Spoiler! :
Name: (Something cool and dragon-like please!)

Species:

Appearance:

Picture (optional):

History:

Personality (Dragon's have personalities too!):

Up for Love?

Other:

Post character palate in Discussion Thread: topic61994.html
Last edited by Forestqueen808 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you,
and hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole... as you flew right through me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

151 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:50 am
Forestqueen808 says...

Okay, hopefully we can start this as soon as people post.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

151 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:25 pm
Forestqueen808 says...

COME ON GUYS!!! We only have 2 characters!!!

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:43 am
fictionfanatic says...

Can you lemme know when this starts?
Live, Love, Laugh

151 Reviews

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:56 pm
Forestqueen808 says...

sure thing, actually, even though we only have a few characters we can like start now.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

151 Reviews

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:06 pm
Forestqueen808 says...

Zara

I blew a small puff of smoke from my nostrils, breathing in the scent of the fields awaiting down below. I lifted my head, slowly standing and walking to the entrance of my lair.

I looked down at the sea of green. White fluffy dots grazed on the grass and my stomach growled with hunger. But I knew to well, down below, there was a dragon slayer. I could smell him, he had tried to cover up his scent, but I was too smart for him. He should have known that.

A growl rose in my throat, along with one in my stomach. I was so hungry, but I would die if I went down there...wouldn't I?

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:23 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

Nabrowi

I heard the soft thumping of a dragon creeping up on me. I didn't move from my position, pretending to be sleeping through the dragon's approach. Though his stench was rather overpowering. I felt my nostrils twitch, and a rumble erupted deep within the dragon's throat.

"I know you're awake, little one."

I replied with a soft rumble of her own and lifted her head. Peering down at me was the tribe leader (and my blood uncle).

He nudged me, and I slowly sat up, my serpentine tail curled up beneath me. "Come. The feast has already begun. Surely you're hungry after so long a hibernation."

"Oh, wonderful," I replied. I slithered around him and flew out of the cave. My tribe of Amptheres were all enjoying a large array of wild animals spread across the ground. It all smelled so delicious! Deer, cow, pig, and even my favorite: mountain lion. I picked it up with my teeth, then flew away to an open area by the cliff.

Our tribe rested amidst a sea of mountains in northern South America. I sat where I was, enjoying my mountain lion. We were forced to move our home some time ago, and half of us were completely exhausted from the battle. When we finally found our place here, we rested for days, weeks.. even months. Some were still fast asleep, but no dragon slayer would dare the mountains alone; so we were safe for the time being.
I make my own policies.

Reviews: 0
Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:10 pm
colorsoftherainbow15 says...

Leneth

I could hear footsteps, but I knew they were far. I was so exhausted, I had flown quite a ways in the past week. I had had to leave my home, and now I was in the West, well, what I supposed was the West. I had never really ventured out of the East before, even when I had been in hiding.

I stretched my tail and let out a loud yawn. I walked out of the cave and took off, twirling in the air around the mountains. The mountains were similar to the ones back home, at least I still had that. But I couldn't stay here for long, I'd have to fly across the ocean, I mean, someone could easily spot me here.

I flew around, spotting a patch of green, sheep grazing. I had never really liked the taste of sheep, years ago, I had been offered rich cattle and such. But I was hungry, and I needed the food.

I dove down, grabbing a fluff of white in my claws. I heard shouts and my gaze turned to humans, they were dressed differently than my people. Sticks were flying at me, no, not sticks, arrows. I had been caught!

You stupid, stupid, dragon. I thought. I let out a cry along with the prey in my talons. I heard another screech to my right, and a flash of gold dove down from the mountains.
Sometimes fantasy's better than reality.

Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game.

~A Cinderella Story

151 Reviews

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:16 pm
Forestqueen808 says...

Zara

I watched as the strange, snake-like dragon picked up the sheep in her talons. I shook my head, didn't that dragon know better? Hunters and slayers and shepherds were everywhere, and heavily armed.

As she let out a screech I quickly dove out to help her, I couldn't let an innocent dragon die, I might as well grab food while I'm helping her.

I let out a war-cry and dove down towards the humans surrounding the pasture, knocking them with my tail and my feet. I breathed in, blowing out a stream of fire directly at the humans shooting the arrows.

I looked at the dragon and she gave me a look that said "thank you." I gestured towards my cave and she quickly nodded, flying off towards my cavern. I picked up two sheep, one in each claw.

I quickly flew back to my cavern, nearly risking my life. As I got there, I saw the dragon pacing and shaking. Her slender, long body was foreign to these parts, but yet I knew she was from the East. I had heard about these dragons before, but never actually seen one.

"Thank you," she said.

I didn't reply, I was too busy trying to figure her out. Why would she think that there weren't any slayers about in the West? And why was she so far away from home?

I quickly dug into the flesh of my sheep, the juicy blood flooding with flavor into my mouth. "I'm Zara," I finally said.

"Leneth," she replied, taking a bite of her own prey.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

84 Reviews

Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:22 am
fictionfanatic says...

Alagar:

As I slept I dreamed-
Mahaul and all of the children were alive and well. Ash walked around clumsily and she nuzzled her head against Mahaul. We were at home and we were safe. The three boys came running excitedly and- I awoke when I smelt blood. I wasn't at home and they weren't alive. With a loud groan I lifted myself up and went out for food.

From the sky I circled around until I spotted a mountain lion. I swooped down and plucked it from the ground with my claws. I settled around some of the other dragons and began eating the bloody mess.
Live, Love, Laugh

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:19 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Obsidian Feraverto-

I had slept comfortably in my little cliff-face cave by the sea until the storm came.A spray of water had awakened me, and I had exited, my head still in a daze. I had been trying to wean myself off from the mountains- I had never been a fan of the cold- but it seemed that they were the only place I could be comfortable.So I had flown back in the dead of night, blending in with the inky black sky. As I neared some ridges, my stomach growled. I hadn't eaten in several days.I touched down and caught myself a mountain goat, killing it as swiftly as possible. I hated seeing things suffer.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

84 Reviews

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:27 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Alagar:

I rose suddenly feeling very lonely. I wandered into Zara's cave and said "Hello Zara. How was your hibernation?" She tore at her sheep and said "Okay I guess. And you Alagar?" I gave a shrug. "It was okay. I woke up very little through out it. I had some nice dreams though." I turned to the other dragon "And you?"
Live, Love, Laugh

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:05 am
JabberHut says...

Nabrowi

Besides the tribe enjoying its feast in the background, it was a peaceful day. The sun was shining, and this mountain lion was extremely tasty. I took another large bite of it, ignoring the sound of Uncle coming up from behind.

He rested himself next to me, his tail curled up beneath him as if in a sitting position. His wings folded inward, and he made a huge sigh. "We had a few more casualties while you rested."

I made no sudden movements. It was too late to save them anyway, so why overreact?

"The last thing I want to do is go to war with these people," he continued. "But if the dragon slayers don't stop--"

"Don't be ridiculous, Uncle," I said. "Our lives are hardly affected. Soon, the dragon slayers will forget that the Amphitheres even exist--"

"I'm not worried about us," he replied. His eyes looked down at me with a mix of sympathy and pride. "Most humans do believe us to be gods rather than real beings, but what about our brethren? Those who live to the east and west? We may be safe, but they most certainly are not."

I didn't reply, taking the final bite of my meal.

"The Amphitheres are not fighters," he said, "so it would be too much to ask of them for war against the slayers. But I must know what goes on beyond our homelands. Therefore, I'll be sending out a few chosen Amphetheres here to scout the lands and return in due time with reports."

"...spies, Uncle?" I said, slightly surprised. "Even if we do 'spy,' how would we benefit from it?"

"We may not be great fighters, but we do have our strengths which our brethren do not," he said with the same solemn look in his eyes. "And also, our strength comes in numbers. I want our brethren to know that we are prepared to fight alongside them whatever the cost as long as the humans stop fighting us."

I sighed and lowered my gaze to beyond the cliff.

"You will set off for the Eastern lands tonight."
I make my own policies.

The man who never makes a mistake always takes orders from one who does.
— Anonymous