z

Young Writers Society

In Which A Stupid Dragon Comes Into Town...

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:13 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

First person RPG.

The details? This is set up in medieval times, where dragons, unicorns, whatevers, are wandering around. And there's also the typical village full of typical people.

Nearby the village, there is a dragon. This dragon, being old and partially blind, decides that he is going to steal the prettiest girl around - a true princess - and then eat her alive.

Sound fun? I thought so too. Come up with your bios and then let's get this started!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:19 am
Snoink says...

I am the dragon. :)

Name: Muncy
Eye color: cloudy gray (remember, he's sort of blind.)
Scale color: cloudy gray, and he has some fungus between his toes that make his feet green.
Personality: a crab.
Favorite food: the king's royal deer.
Pasttimes: breathing fire over villages.

Bio:

After becoming a relatively old dragon, he's going through a midlife crisis. When he fails to burn up a village, he gets depressed, so he decides to prove to himself that he has as much spunk as he did when he was younger. Unfortunately, he's nearly blind, has exzema on his feet, and has to use cow's milk to make his feet feel better. How horrible!

So, he's at the end of his sanity. He will capture a maiden, if it's the last thing he does! (Which, knowing him, will be the last thing he does, lol).

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:44 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

Saden Sal'ar.
Eye Color: Green
Feather Pattern: Hawk.
Personality: Gryphon.
Favorite Food: The King's Royal Deer
Pasttimes: Killing bad people.

Bio: As a Defender, she patrols the area and solves conflicts on behalf of the King and augments local authorities. She mostly deals with the more magical species, where humans are not very respected.

She is also going through a mid-life crisis also, instead of killing bad guys at will, she now has to do all sorts of politically correct stuff.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

Random avatar

Reviews: 124
Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:40 am
View Likes
Reyu says...

Name: Stormsong Winterstone
Eye Color: Grey
Skin: Tan.
Height: 4.5 feet
Hair Color: Brown, tied back in a pony tail
Beard: Long, braided on the left and right while the main beard flows down the middle
Personality: Grumpy dwarf.
Favorite Food: Red Meat
Pasttimes: Making something out of metal or wood

Bio: Born royalty of Winterstone, did not like the idea, left.
Became a Journeyman, helping people on my travels. Is an expert smith, jeweler and wood-worker.

Also, being royalty, he is undoubtedly trained in the arts of war, human sophistication, and possesses reading and writing skills.

Weakness: Beautiful things made of metal being destroyed in front of him. After the crying, the person cannot be forgiven.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

~George Carlin

The Completely Evil Plan.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:07 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

*Muncy*

It first started when there was a chicken farm nearby. I, being hungry, decided to go catch the chickens and then systematically eat them one by one. This, I figured, would be an enjoyable experience. After all, chickens are a lot smarter than humans, thus dragons were able to communicate with them. Usually, they would scream in terror. But something was wrong.

This time, the chickens continued on with their pathetic lives. I roared; no response. I scratched my feet on the ground; still no response. I was getting desperate. "Hallo!" I cried out finally.

"Hiya Muncy!" they all clucked.

At least it was a response. "I'm going to eat you all!"

They all stared at me. And then they began to laugh. Yes, they began to laugh. I was humiliated.

"Well, aren't you scared?"

They laughed more.

Then, the dog came at me and growled, going straight toward my feet. I screamed in pain and took to the air.

It was then that I knew I would have to do something. Anything. This town, the chicken coop, everything would go.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:15 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

(I don't think I can enter until Muncy fails, then Saden can come flying in.)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:25 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

(OOC: Oops... okay, I'll get to it.)

*Muncy*

It was the dead of night when it happened. I had been planning it for a week. It had to be done smoothly... yet everyone would have to notice it. So when I finally swooped down, shadowing the moon from the villagers, I looked around quickly.

I had finally decided on something - I needed to steal a princess. In the stories, that was the only thing that really worked. And what did a princess look like? The most beautiful being in the land. Yes...

I swiveled my head, looking around. Nothing. This was not turning out well. I sighed and then looked again. Still nothing. There were plenty of girls lying in their beds, but none were so beautiful as what a princess ought to look like. I sighed, about to give up, until I saw her.

She was lovely.

No, she was beyond lovliness. She was lying on her bed, covers barely covering her beautiful, voluptious body. She turned over slightly, and I heard the bed give a tremendous squeak. Of course! She was the princess!

She was not in the best of conditions, mind you, but I ignored the rundown shack she was in and guessed she was in hiding. Yes... that was it. I picked her up, using my talons. Her eyes fluttered open. "Who are...AHHHHHHHHHHH!"

I felt her large, strong leg kick me in the nose. With a loud "oomph" I almost dropped her. Then, with a firmer grip, I squeezed her tightly. "Sorry, princess!" I said before flying into the night sky.

She was mine.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:39 am
View Likes
deleted6 says...

Name: Godferry Keln
Clothing: A Steel Brest Plate a gold gauntlet on each arm an wearing chain mail vest
Eye Color:Blue
Skin:White
Height: 6.8
Hair Color: Short Black Hair
Beard: Short
Personality: Loves Tournaments Wenches an Chivalry
Favorite Food;Venison
Pastimes: Sword fighting

"I, Godferry Keln, had been giving the task of protecting the Princess from the Assassin who was around the court. I rode to the hut and walked in. Nobody was there. I had to find her or else it would be my head."
Last edited by deleted6 on Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

863 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:41 pm
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

Fontroy, use good grammar. That entire post was a gigantic run on sentence. Fixed, it should read like this: "I, Godferry Keln, had been giving the task of protecting the Princess from the Assassin who was around the court. I rode to the hut and walked in. Nobody was there. I had to find her or else it would be my head."

*Begins thinking of the next post.*

863 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:50 pm
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

~Saden Sal'ar~

I saw a smoke pillar to the west, meaning that I was needed. I changed my course and gained altitude. Some bandits had once tried to kill me by setting up a dummy fire. I smiled dreamily as I remembered how I killed them, with so much ease. I didn't even get scratched.

The smoke was coming from a castle. I entered the castle from the air and landed in a courtyard. I folded my wings and entered the castle.

I found my way to the throne room after I grabbed a idle page.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:35 pm
View Likes
deleted6 says...

I looked around, then slapped my face; right their in front of my face was a large footprint.
Not just any... a Dragon one.

I rode back to the castle, to tell the king.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:27 am
View Likes
zelithon says...

Name: Prince Blake
Eye color: gold/blue
Skin color: pale
Personality: foxy and intelligent, but has badish grammar
Favorite food: hawks
Pasttimes: see occupation
height: 6ft 2 maybe growing
hair: raven black

Bio:
hansome prince who hates leaders and teams and loseing. He is from a nearby kingdom, out to... do bad things. For no reason! muhahaahahah!
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

241 Reviews

Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:33 am
View Likes
zelithon says...

Blake

"did you hear?"
"Hear what?" I asked the farmer impatiently.
"the princess was kidnapped by Muncy!"
"yeah right" I chuckled
"really!"
I paused to think, then I decided, "I am gona rescue her; see ya later."
But who is going to rescue her after I have? Muhahaahhaha!
I love saying that.
MMMMMMMMMMMMuhahahahahahahaHAHAAH
-Dr.Suess

badonkadonk

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:47 am
View Likes
Areida says...

Name: Princess Amanda Lucille (Mandy)
Eye color: Dark brown
Hair color: Dark brown
Personality: Silly, clumsy, your basic daydreamer
Pasttimes: Making up songs while she wanders through the castle and its gardens. Sometime she tries to balance on the garden walls while she does this, which has resulted in more than one broken arm. She has always wanted to meet a unicorn.

Bio: The second daughter of His Majesty, Mandy was always the forgotten princess-- not that she minded. She just figured she could leave all that boring stuff (like princes, jousts, court etiquette and fancy balls) to her elder sister. But now that her sister has been kidnapped by a fierce dragon (*cough*), her parents are beginning to believe she will be their heir. No more playing in the garden for Mandy! Now it's all rules, rules, rules. Unless of course, she can find her sister and return her to her rightful place as the dull princess with all the responsibilities.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

241 Reviews

Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:51 am
View Likes
zelithon says...

How do I have a conversation with Mandy? Make it up or actually say something like hi Mandy and wait for a response?
-Dr.Suess

badonkadonk

If you have a dream, you have a duty to make it come true.
— Marco Pierre White