z

Young Writers Society

The Demon

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:26 am
forest_ofthe_nightingale says...

I am screaming, but I cannot remember why. I feel no pain, no anguish. My eyes are fused shut, unopenable (or so I thought). There is something haunting me, preventing my peaceful passage to the netherworld. Why can they not release me? "Let me go!" My mind screams, but it plagues me still. There is no escaping the evils that cannot be escaped...
Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake... unless it's to remind him that he won't fail... he just won't kill you.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:23 pm
Green Monkey says...

What curse hold me here, and why won't it go away. perhaps I shall search for it. But what can a mere spirit do floating through the living world. Are there others like me, bound here by whatever it is that haunts me.
As a ghost strolling through the woods, I sense a darkness. It is one I had not noticed before now, but it is one all to strong to ignore. People have always feared these woods, but I never did. Perhaps that is why I no longer walk among the living. Did evil fear my courage?...

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:33 pm
Phoenixfire says...

Or did it merely flee from something I did not yet understand? The trees seemed to blend into one another, walls of brown and green that vibrated with ancient echoes. I could feel the wind--it swept through me, chilling me though I had no flesh. Only one thought stayed in my mind: why was the netherworld barred to me?
The echoes grew stronger near the heart of the wood. I could feel them, much as I once felt the sun on my face or soft velvet on my skin. It wasn't an unpleasant feeling, but it was a new one. The darkness overshadowed the echo, overlaying it with the stench of fear and pain. I was much closer now.
"....I hold with those who favor fire", Frost

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:40 am
Alice says...

I could still remember those days bitterly. They shall haunt me forever, everything before I entered the forest was a blur, if even that. But I didn't care, I soon found myself living up my life, I was enjoying killing. I knew I didn't have to but I did. I started with the one who made me.

He was my first kill. He had the mistake of thinking that I was too weak to hunt for myself that first night. The pleasure of the easy kill, is one I never feel the need to experience again. It was too easy, too fun, which made it sickening.

When he was dead I had to seek out someone else of my kind. I would have to ask them to help. That is how I met Jason
I just lost the game.

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.
— Samuel Butler