z

Young Writers Society

In the Land of the Dragons

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:22 am
Morgaine says...

Ok....
[/i]The story so far.... The Land of Tamin is in grave peril. The dreagons have seized domination and are brutaly ruleing the land and it's people. But one girl, quiet, reserved Elainie who has been bought up in the wilderness carrys their fortune.
the blue diamond DRAGONBANE!!!!!
But the dragons also carry a weapon her twin sister Kelian....
(Anything blue can be given a decription ect....)

~Morgaine
The Narwhales Are Coming...
Beware

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:25 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Elaine repelled another wave of attacks.
"Good! Take five minutes and we'll try again," Gyre said. The gryphon fell down onto her fours.
"Why do we keep doing this?" Elainie asked as she sat down on the mossy forest floor.
"I've told you many times. You need to be able to defend yourself from any wild creatures while I'm hunting," Gyre said, sitting down.
"Why the constant training though?"
"To keep you physically strong and alert."
"How come we didn't do this before? Is it because of the dragon?" Gyre looked sharply at Elainie.
"The dragon was a wake-up call. We should have done this for years now; now we are short of time. Besides, you need some toughening up," Gyre said, pawing at her hands, which were fairly soft, although callouses were forming quickly.
"So what happens when the dragon finds us dead tired after training?"
"Us? You're the one that is always tired after training."
"One day I'll run you ragged," Elainie said playfully.
"One day soon. Let's try that sword work again." Gyre reared back on her feet, and grabbed a wooden sword, Elainie grabbed another, and they commenced their swordwork.
"Attack me," Gyre ordered. Elainie moved forward with a series of swipes, which Gyre repelled easily. A rapid exchange insued, with attacks, parrys and counterattacks flying around.

"Where is your footwork? Why are you staying in one spot? Are you whacking my sword or trying to hit me?"Gyre yelled above the fray. Elainie began to get better, even forcing Gyre to react to an increased assault.
"That's enough," Gyre finally said. Both of them were breathing heavily. Beads of sweat came from both of them.
"Very good, but you need more strategy. If you are going to beat an opponent, you need to be overwhelming where he is weakest, not where he is strongest. Attack various areas, see how hard it is for him to defend, and then take advantage of it," Gyre taught.
"Thanks Gyre," she said.
"Oh, that reminds me, you turned 16 today. I got some things for you," Gyre got up to fly to her nest, and returned with a bag.
"The first thing is a sword. It was made by the great forges of Tamin. It is very strong, but quite light, it should work very well for you." Gyre took the sword out, it gleamed brightly in the sunlight. She flipped it around and gave it to Elainie. She admired it.
"The second thing is a much more interesting item," Gyre said as she took out something. It glowed brightly as light came into it. Elainie gasped in amazement.
"This is the Dragonbane Diamond. I don't know exactly what it does but you might."
"Where did you get it? It's beautiful!" Elainie said.
"Don't interrupt me. The third thing is a tunic I made for you," she said, taking out an odd looking tunic, with patches of tanned animal skins covering it.
"It is a little warm for the forest, but it is strong enough to stop a sword, at least a sideswipe." she said, pleased as Elainie admired the tunic.
"Finally, there is something infinitely more precious, your Mother's diary," she said with sadness.
"Mother?" Elainie said, she had never heard of her mother before.
"Yes, that is my fifth present. Sit, for the story is very long," she said, and waited for Elainie to get comfortable.

"Once upon a time, there lived the Kingdom of Tamin. It was very prosporous and was ruled with fairness and justice by the King & Queen. It attracted the attention of dragons, who desired it's immense treasury. The dragons assaulted the Kingdom, laying it to ruin. On the eve of the assault, the Queen commissioned a loyal gryphon to take her daughter into the wilds and train her to take back the throne of Tamin. The gryphon promised to come back and to take her and the royal family to safety, but it was not to be. The next day the dragons attacked, killing the royal family." Gyre closed her eyes, as if envisioning the day.

"There was fire everywhere, the land had been scorched. The people of Tamin that fought were killed by there fellow men, who made a deal with the dragons. They became the Realm of the Dragons, enforced by men and ordered by dragons. A few are still honorable in that city, but they may all be gone now."

"You mean, I'm the princess that made it? It is real?" she asked, in complete disbelief.
"If I am lying, you can fly to the heavens."
"Why didn't you tell me before?"
"Two reasons. The first is you never asked. The second is that I couldn't tell you. If you look in the inside cover of the book, you'll see why," Gyre said.

Lady Gyre, I make you a knight of Tamin in our most desperate hour. I have included several items necessary for the resurrection of Tamin. Give these to my daughter on her sixteenth birthday. I can't describe them in the short period of time I have, but she will know when the time comes. Protect my daughter to whatever end.

"Happy Birthday, Princess Elainie of Tamin," Gyre said.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Tue May 10, 2005 6:50 pm
deleted6 says...

"It just so unexpected i always thought i was special she replied happily.Suddenly Gyre heard a sound " quick hide Princess.She hid and what she saw was a horrible black dragon with huge wings and red eyes plus a huge claw on his tail had flown down and started talking to Gyre in another language.Then suddenly the dragon attacked Gyre with his huge claw on his tail.He left Gyre for Dead. "Gyre Gyre speak to me said Elaine shrilly. "Princess the dragon was a messager for you warning if you did not give back the treasure you they would kill me "cough" of co...arse i would ne..ver gi..ve up that treasure tha...t ea..sily so i fou..ght hi..m and lo..st never give up ho..pe i have fai..th in you".Gyre died Elaine sceam and cryed until....
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun May 29, 2005 3:34 pm
Willow says...

The light shifted through the trees in shafts of glittering hazes. Morning had finally dawned, bright and spiteful. Elainie looked up tearfully. She swallowed and stood up.
Someone was behind her. She knew who it was, who else could it be?
"Elainie?" he asked tenderly. His voice was soft and gentle.
Elainie let a shuddering breath and turned, looking slowly up at Dane. She looked down after a moment, ashamed of her tears.
"What are you doing here?" Elainie asked, feeling a hand close around her upper arm. It felt warm and comforting, but she pulled away.
"I heard about Gyre," he said softly. She could his warm breath on her forhead.
"I should've," Elainie gasped, feeling the tears come back, "I -"
"It's okay," Dane said, wrapping his arms around Elainie and kissing her forhead. He had known Elainie all her life, and although they fought sometimes, he still felt compelled to help her. She was so vulnerable and delicate, so beautiful.
He could feel hot tears against his chest. They stood there, until Elainie's tears finally dried and she stepped away from Dane, still sniffing.
"Now what?" Elainie asked.
My life is a broken stair
Winding down a ruined tower
and leading no where

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:36 am
zelithon says...

They were too preoccupied to notice until the Griffin landed it had been flying towards them. Extraordinarily there was a Young man maybe a little older than Elaine on it's back. Griffins were rare and tame ones were supposed to be extinct. The boy on its back agilely dismounted. He had feathery raven black hair and were toughs pointed ears? no Dane decided when the youth gave his head a shake and his ears were covered. Dane too would have Black hair but it was shaved off. The youth also had yellow and green eyes on a narrow long face he had pale skin unlike Dane who was black. He was also taller and than Dane's six feet by about two inches making him about 5 inches taller than Eliane who had blue eyes and blond hair. The handsome stranger was also lean and wirier and though Dane had more visible muscles he gave off the impression he could beet Dane with ease in a fight. He was whereing a blood red traveling shirt and black trousers.
The griffon was strange for griffon, instead of a beak it had a lion's snout its pointed ears were tipped in the same black as the rider's hair, it gave the impression that if it was a human it would be his rider visa versathey also shared eye color, the griffon Dane estimated was about as old as the rider and since griffins live about as long as humans young. Dane knew this because he worked with hunting eagles.
"What do you want who are you," Eliane demanded boldly stepping forward, "and where did you get the griffon? I thought tame ones were extinct"
The boys laph was harsh, "I am Zan short for Zan Qurery, what I want I do not know yet, after all we are young and who said anything about tame? Tame Griffins are extinct."
Eliane stepped back this boy with a dragons name rode a wild griffon?
"Then again Zan is not tame either!" the griffon shared Zan's harsh chortle and when he saw the look on Elainie's and Dane's face both he had Zan broke out laughing. Neither of them had known wild Griffins could talk.
"By the way me'name's Mactire "and he growled if you make fun of it i will bite you face off." Eliane could not see what was funny about Mactire.
She did not notice when Zan stole a look back to the bushes.

It is my intentions that a dragon that is not evil is waiting for Zane and Mactire in the trees, both Zan and Mactire were raised by dragons and were in a way adopted brothers there third brother a black dragon is also 16 and is the one in the trees i don't know how Elianie will find any of this out but she (and Dane if you want) come to travel with Zan somewhere you figure out whatever.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:33 pm
Green Monkey says...

Elsewhere...

"Our plan is moving quite well..." Said General Osiris, a feared leader of the dragons.
"Indeed... Kelian will prove useful to us. If anything happens to her, our plan is failed, and we shall never rule everything." Came a whispy voice from the darkness.
Below them, through a steel gate, was Kelian.
"I can here you, fools..." She said.
Osiris looked shocked. Then he smiled.
"So, you've decided to talk."
"If I help you, will you let me go." She shouted up to them. Osiris smiled.
"Sure..." He lied...

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:28 am
zelithon says...

As soon as she helped them they killed her.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

Stay gold, Ponyboy.
— S.E. Hinton