z

Young Writers Society

Role play

Reviews: 0
Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:08 pm
View Likes
Hiro says...

*Walks into a lonely Tavern, his cloak was Drenched in water and his boots were covered in mud and other Things that are to be left unsaid, He walks over to a table and throws his cloak on the back of a chair to let it dry by the fire; staring solemly at the flames he subconsciously orders a pint of ale and waits for his body to warm up before pulling out his Tin whistle and playing a few tunes in the silent tavern.*
Filled with sorrow and controlled by anger, But I am your guardian angel for the rest of your life.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:56 pm
View Likes
TellATaleForTwo says...

The waitress walks up, hands him his ale, then steps back a bit and examines the stranger. He is very quiet and it seems as if he doesn’t realize that she is still there. “We don’t get many newcomers in here. Where’d you come from?” There is no answer from the quiet stranger. “Right, well I’ll be just behind that counter if ya need me, alrighty?” again, no answer came from the enigmatic stranger. So the waitress walks back behind the counter and begins to prepare for the night’s event.
"Theoretically, if you go to the past in the future, then your future lies in the past. This is a picture of you in the future - in the past."

~Kate and Leopold

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:55 pm
View Likes
Meep says...

[ooc: yay, RP'ing! I vote there ought to be a role playing usergroup.]

Marian burst through the door, scooting inside and slamming the door against the wind, which was blowing something awful. She was one of the regulars. She was early, but she'd finished up at work and had nothing better to do here. She was the first of the regulars to show up, but there was another man there. He was creepy looking, she thought, so she sat at the bar, farther away from him. She waved brightly at the barmaid/waitress.

"The usual, if you please."
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:53 pm
View Likes
Jules the jester says...

A few minutes later a short man with a slight limp walked into the tavern. He wore no cloak or coat and his meagre cheap clothing was soaked through. The short man stamped his feet and walked to the bar.
"Pint" he growled. the bar maid obliged. "Bloody Weather" from somewhere upon his person he removed a small cigar and lit it using one of the lanterns set on the bar.
The short man looked over his shoulder at the sitting man. strange he thought. usually newcomers were usually scared off by the sign outside the village. he shrugged. nothing to do with him.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:57 pm
View Likes
Poor Imp says...

This is what the storybook forum is for. ^_^ So...moved there.
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:52 am
View Likes
Bella says...

*She opened the door and stepped into the tavern, glad to be out of the horendous wind. She kept her long, black coat on, as well as the hat that hid her eyes. 'Another newbie,' the waitress thought tiredly as she poored another pint for the short man. The girl reached in front of him and took it before he did, then went to sit next to the strange man who was playing an alluring tune on his tin whistle.

After about an hour of some of hte most beautiful and mysterious music ever played, the stranger stopped playing. The girl was in tears.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

Reviews: 0
Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:17 pm
View Likes
Hiro says...

*Plays the tune known as "Silent as the trees" which was a soothing and peaceful tune, almost hypnotizing from the soft flow of the music, as soon as he finished the song The man stood up and walked over to the bar and greeted the short man with a smile of his razor sharp teeth and looked toward the bar maid.* Ma'me, I was wonderin' If the entertainment wasn't here by nine That I would be tonights entertainment? If so than I would be much appreciated. *Turns around back to his chair, notices the woman sitting across from him and he smiles at her as well, which she returns a smile to him as well.* 'ood evnin' mi' lady
Filled with sorrow and controlled by anger, But I am your guardian angel for the rest of your life.

50 Reviews

Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:04 pm
View Likes
TellATaleForTwo says...

The barmaid hands the short man, another, pint of ale. Then she turns to Marian, "Can you believe the nerve of that guy? He comes in 'ere an' asks' for a pint, which I glady give 'im, but when I bring it to 'im an' try ta make friendly conversation 'e totally ignores me! An' now 'e wants to play in place of tha band?" she sighs, "Should I let 'im play? You know I can't hold a good grudge..."
"Theoretically, if you go to the past in the future, then your future lies in the past. This is a picture of you in the future - in the past."

~Kate and Leopold

75 Reviews

Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:44 pm
View Likes
Jules the jester says...

The short man leans over closer to the bar maid. 'I say we get the boys out here' The bar maid nodded. The short man sipped his ale. 'let him play if he wants, but go and light a lantern in the back so the boys get here quickish.' Marian leant over closer to the short man.
'Clam down Culas.' she said 'he might just be passing through and wanting somewhere warm to sleep."
"Aye but whos that wench that arrived and sat next to him?" The bar maid made a non commital noise and poured herself a small glass of wine. 'looks strange dont she?' Marian looked over her shoulder and waved at the woman who was now sat with the man. her wave was returned with a stunningly beutiful smile.
'dont seem so.' the short man turned away and spat onto the floor. thsi earned a swift punch from the bar maid

50 Reviews

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:30 pm
View Likes
TellATaleForTwo says...

"How many times do I hafta tell ya not ta do that?" The barmaid shakes her head and throws him a towl to wipe up his spit, then turns to go and light the lantern.

~Kate and Leopold

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:00 am
View Likes
HeadInTheClouds says...

The door opened again, and a young woman hurried in. The taverns visitors with the misfortune of sitting near the door glared at her as a gust of icy wind swept in. She shut the door quickly and made her way among the clusters of tables and to the bar, where the barmaid had returned from lighting the lantern.
"A pint of Ale please." She muttered, keeping her golden-brown eyes directed at the counter and dropping a few coins on it's smooth surface.
The barmaid brought the drink without a word and the woman walked to a table near the mysterious man with the flute. She sat quickly, not bothering to take off her weather-worn leather jacket or sheepskin cap, and nursed her mug of Ale while letting her thoughts drift rythmically to the soothing notes of the flute.
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

142 Reviews

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:00 am
View Likes
Bella says...

The girl didn't reply to the strange man when he said hello to her, but was kind enough to smile, even if it was only a slight smile. She smiled to the barmaid as well, but not nearly as happily. She didn't like the way they were talking about her and the strange man, like they were accomplices in a crime or something; it bothered her greatly.
A new woman walked in and bought a pint, then came and sat next to her, across from the strange man. The woman smiled warmly at the girl, but the girl did not return this smile. *What nerve she has* the girl thought. *coming over here and sitting next to me of all people.* No one would have understood this thought, except for possibly...the strange man.

50 Reviews

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:17 am
View Likes
TellATaleForTwo says...

"Would you like another pint?" asked the barmaid warmly. She hated it when people didn't like her, and she was pretty good at reading other peoples feelings, but other than the fact that she didnt like her, the barmaid couldnt really tell with this girl. The girl nodded and accepted the pint, then turned away once more. The barmaid sighed, then went to inform the other newcomer that he would be able to play tonight.

~Kate and Leopold

142 Reviews

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:20 am
View Likes
Bella says...

The girl took the second pint, but didn't drink it. She wasn't thirsty anymore. She was too busy watching the strange man anyways. She wanted to speak to him, but couldn't get up the nerve. It was actually more of a need to speak with him, but the woman sitting next to her prevented that; as did the fact that the girl was abnormally shy around this man. The only question was, besides would she ever get him alone, was why was she shy?

75 Reviews

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:53 am
View Likes
Jules the jester says...

The door to the tavern once again banged open and four tal broad shouldered men entered. all wore expensive oiled leather cloaks that protected them from the elements.
The leading man spotted teh short man at the bar and walked, seemingly glided over to him. "What's happening culas? if this is another one of your pranks, i will hang you this time." The short man shifted uncomfortable under the stare of the newcomer.
"you be leaving him alone Remik, or the master will here" Marian Butted in. She pointed over her shoulder at the man and woman who were strangers. "it's them. Now do your job" The tall man smiled cruelly.
"It' be a pleasure."

Oh, I'm sorry. My friends are in the popcorn and I have to save them.
— Tori Hansen, Power Rangers Ninja Storm