z

Young Writers Society

The Land Of The Fairies (Discussion Thread)

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:03 am
misspriss says...

Here is were you post your fairies profile form. You can also discuss the story here.

Random avatar

Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:05 am
misspriss says...

Name:
--Rhyannon (Meaning: Great Queen, Pure Maiden, Nymph)

Fairy Type:
--Fire Fairy

Personality:
--Bold
--Passionate
--Unpredictable
--Flirty
--Fun-loving

Looks:
--This picture ( http://www.jayna.com/Images/RedFairy.jpg ) without the staff and tattoo's and with these ( http://www.butterflyutopia.com/BIG/135.jpg ) wings instead.

Strengths:
--Clever wit
--Great beauty
--Persuasive manner

Weaknesses:
--Quick temper
--Untrusting way
--Suspicious
--Rushes things

Biography: (It's a secret! )

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:58 pm
Esmé says...

--Name: Anaisathy

Fairy type:
-Night

Personallity:
-Arrogant
-Lazy

Strengths:
-Cool headed
-Persuasiveness
-Intelligence
-Beauty
-Patience

Weaknesses:
-Indifference
-Iciness around her
-Oh yeah, and she's evil.

Biography: Not much is known about Anais. She lives on the top of a nearby hill by herself, not counting a servant. Few fairies visit her, and even then only in times of need. She is known for her power, but also for the fact that the asks for payment in return for assistance,

Random avatar

Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:07 pm
misspriss says...

Hey Elein, JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS, I DID GIVE ELEIN PERMISSION TO PLAY A NIGHT FAIRY. There you have it! :D

Anyway, I was thinking that this could be about how there is some magical object (sword, gem, something) that the fairies need to live. And so they send a few gifted fairies (we'll think of a name) to retrieve it.

So we can post about our characters lifestyle but we have to wait a bit for other people to join before we can actually go and get the thingy (we can't just go as two! :wink:). And the stories about them getting the object.

What do you think? Lame? Cool? Do you have any better suggestions?

Random avatar

Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:09 pm
misspriss says...

Oh, I just remembered your evil. Your fairy I mean! *winks* Anyway, would you like to be an evil fairy that pretends to be good (or turn over another leaf) so she can go along and steal the object after they get it? That would be cool. But it's just a suggestion. If you have something else in mind I'm sure that would be great too.

571 Reviews

Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:14 pm
Esmé says...

Yay! She's gonna pretend to be good! Mwahahaha cackles evily*

Okay, as to retrieving the object... Uhm, that seems a little cliche (no offence here) Though I personally have no idea.

Random avatar

Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:15 pm
misspriss says...

Mmm...yeah, I know. Do you have a better idea? (I'm not saying that nastily)

571 Reviews

Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:17 pm
Esmé says...

No, I don't.

-Maybe Anais wants to rule the universe?

-Humans wanna kill fairies off.

-some kind of prophecy?

-Fairy Qeen dies. ???? - that is the best that I could think of.

Yay, what if the queen / king dies and they need another one?

Random avatar

Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:22 pm
misspriss says...

Hmm...it's possible. But that doesn't really bring our fairies together..I thought that having them journey to find the object would do that. The most of the story would be about the things in their path that they have to conquer together to get the object.

I just don't want to start this without a plot that will bring everyone together...

571 Reviews

Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:05 pm
Esmé says...

Um, but the quest for something is going to be so boooring :(

Oh, I don't know. Guess I can't talk if I don't have and idea.

Anyways, I just wanted to ask if can start or do we have to wait till someone else comes and till we think of what we're going to write about?

Random avatar

Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:52 pm
misspriss says...

You may talk even if you don't have an idea...it doesn't matter.

Anyhoo, we can try and do something besides a quest...we just have to decide what it is.

Also, you can go ahead and post on your fairy...about her life and personality...to introduce her into the storybook before suddenly all the action starts. I'm going to.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:42 am
Kasie says...

Name: Blanaid (means flower or blossom in Irish)

Fairy Type: Tree

Personality: Meek, quiet, loves to sing but doesn't talk much, loyal and intelligent, avoids fighting.

Looks: http://www.flowerfaeries.com/images/nat_fiordaliso1.jpg

Strengths: Aware of others emotions and things happening around her, helpful, resourceful, peaceful, intelligent.

Weaknesses: Distant, cut off from others, very secret, tendency to mix where it is unwise or forbidden, a law on to herself.

Biography: Blanaid is a lone character, distant from her fellow fairies, she tends to wander a lot, she converses with animals and is curious about humans. She is questioning always wanting to know or see more.
'The truly insane perform on many public stages. The sane stage their performance in the privacy of their own minds. Everyone is an actor. In the end, everyone wants applause.'
Madame Senetsky
Falling Stars by Virginia Andrews

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:01 am
Kasie says...

Hey! Well now I have wrote a fairy I decided I better start joining in on these discussions with you both! I was thinking, going on misspriss's first entry about her anger with the wind fairies what if the different types of fairies don't get along. Then maybe our fairies are given a job to somehow retrieve this 'object' so as the fairy race may live on. They have to go on a journey to find it and perhaps put aside their differences. It's just a rough idea, funny feeling it is not too original though so its up to you both! wb and let me know what you are both thinking!
xx
'The truly insane perform on many public stages. The sane stage their performance in the privacy of their own minds. Everyone is an actor. In the end, everyone wants applause.'
Madame Senetsky
Falling Stars by Virginia Andrews

Random avatar

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:08 am
View Likes
misspriss says...

I think its a good idea, but I want to know what Elein thinks.

571 Reviews

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:38 pm
Esmé says...

Okay, so:

a) Faeries don't get along /approved by me, hehe

b) quest for some object / can't we stay at faerieland?

Ok, lets have that object.

Can that object be hidden in Fairyland? Then each fairy would have too look for it.

Oh! Got an idea! maybe there should be a prophecy that e.g. the fairies have to unite their powers etc.

Do we really have to go on quests? Nononononono. This reminds me of LOTR too much...

mashed potatoes are v a l i d
— Liminality