z

Young Writers Society

Good writers needed!

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:34 pm
blackwings_angel says...

Zayku looked at the elf who was holding him with her erthen magic. He knew elves were powerful but this strong? He had never seen anything like it. "I'm here to retrieve my horse." Zayku smiled at her, "And I wouldn't mind accompying you on your quest to wherever it is your heading." He smiled sincerely at her. Truely, the voice that painfully echoed in his mind told him otherwise. Befriend her, gain her trust. Then take the gem. I want the gem.... I want the gem..... "So what do you say?" He asked her, crossing his amrs acrossed his chest.
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:23 am
misspriss says...

Elainora looked at him curiously. Why on earth did he so confidently believe she would trust him?

The last time she had half-way trusted a man, the results had been disastrous, and that was what had gotten her into this situation. She despised vampires. She had made her decision.

"I think not." She stepped closer, coming eye to eye with him, "I know what you want." Suddenly she jerked back. She had never been in that close a contact with the male species before, and she felt strangely when she did.

Thoughts that flicked across her mind involuntarily caused her resolve to weaken, and the vines jerkily receded an inch or two. However, she quickly regained control and her resolve strengthed.

"No. Go tell your queen, which I'm sure you work for her, that her precious jewel is as good as gone. As soon as I get across the border, she is powerless." Elainora stopped, she didn't want to reveal too much, she wasn't out of the Queen's clutches quite yet.

She moved the vines backwards, forcing him to move along with it, and stand against a tree. With a thrust of her hands, the vines bound him to the tree.

Turning to leave, she hesitated, and perhaps out of pity, or just plain spite, stopped, and dropped an open pocketknife near his feet. It was just out of his reach.

"Good bye." And with that, she disappeared into the shadows of the forest tree's.

38 Reviews

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:00 am
blackwings_angel says...

Zayku hung his head sadly. He wiggled his foot, reaching for the knife. That terrible voice once again echoed through his head. I can free you..... Let me free you.... let me get back my gem...... I want my gem......" Hestinantly Zayku let the voice gain total control over him. He hung his head, the pain harder than ever. His emerald green eyes flashed pure white and were replaced by the queen's dark brown eyes.

The queen's femine voice crawled out of Zayku's throat, her voice enchanting. She spoke in words of the ancient language. One only used in forbidden magic.

"[/i]Mertitoh, Toringod, laurt, HUMICZEG!" Zyku let out a scream, one from his body. Flames crawled out of his skin, turning the vines into ash. Zayku fell to the ground in pain. "Fetch Me my gem darling."
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

Random avatar

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:47 am
misspriss says...

Leaping on the horse, Elainora kicked it to a full gallop. She had paused a moment, watching the soldier try to get free, just to make sure he was bound tightly enough. He was, and as she had turned to go, but she had seen out of her peripheral vision, a bright flash.

She had glanced over her shoulder and seen the flames shoot out of his skin, releasing his bonds.

Now she was fleeing at top speed. Whatever had occurred back there, was not just ordinary magic. She dug her heels into the horses heaving side, urging the horse to go faster.

She wondered how long before the horse would have to stop to rest. She hoped it they would cover enough ground. If not, she herself would probably die. Whether by her employer or the soldier, she knew not.

38 Reviews

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:42 pm
blackwings_angel says...

Zayku struggled to his feet, his eyes returning to their nromal color. He staggered a few feet forward and collasped. Their was no way he could catch her. Absolutely no way.

I can catch her my darling. Take one of my little beasties. Zayku nodded, almost as if in a trance. Elves had earthern magic, and some could free people of evils souls. He had to get there, and get their fast. A screech sounded from above. Out of the sky flew a giant black shadow. A dragon. He climbed onto the beast, as if in unreconition. THe beast took off, and flew after the girl. Moments later, Zayku looked down and saw hi shorse galloping away. He had to reach her soon. He pulled on the dragon's reigns, it swerving over the girl. He needed her help soon, and he couldn't wait as long as the queen could. He let his body start to slip over the edge of the dragon's shinging body.

What are you doing you fool?! I need you, you can not do this! Zakyu left the dragon entirely, falling for what seemed like a centrury to him. His weak body flew at intense speeds towards earth. With a screech, the dragon flew down underneath him, attempting to catch him. Zayku made a rolling motion in the air, aiming for the beasts wing. He pierced through the dragon's velvety wings, slowing his fall almost to a stop. With only a few hundred feet until he splattered on the ground, Zayku tried to slow himself. Smoke filled his vision when he remembered the dragon. The gigantic thing fell quickly towards the ground, smoke pouring out if its wing by the cloud full. Shadow Dragons were the only type that listened to the queen. The beasts wing started turning to ash, the burning flesh slowly growing towards the beasts main body. He could see the elf whipping the horse to go faster and faster. The dragon beat him to the ground with a thud, shaking the earth. It knocked her off her ride, but she countered with a backflip landing upon her feet. Elves were so graceful. Zayku looked towards the ground below him. The corpse of the dragon slowly burnt away, the spinal cord stood strong. The wind deafing his scream he landed hard upon a streak piercing his right leg. The ash setting his leg on fire, pain searing his leg. His voice suddenly hoarse, Zayku screame dout towards the gril. "Help me! Free Me! Free me from her! PLease!"

Random avatar

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:12 am
misspriss says...

(OOC: Is this okay with everyone?)

Elainora looked wildly around her. What had happened? Then she saw the Shadow Dragon, the fire eating away its flesh.

Then she spotted the soldier. He was writhing in pain on the ground, his eyes--his eyes...they were not normal.

She ran closer, and indeed, they were unnatural. Someones soul was inhabiting his body. She cursed, why had she not seen it sooner? Running towards him, she grew a Haulao plant, and ripped off the leaves, pressing it to his burning leg, the fire died immediately, but the damage was serious.

Now came the hard part. She drew a deep breath, trying to focus her mind. Grabbing his shoulders with both hands, she bowed her head and closed her eyes. There was a ripping and tearing sound. The soldier moaned, his eyes rolling into the back of his head, and his face drained of all color.

Elainora shuddered from the intensity, but with one more violent jerk of her power, a steamy swirling mass came screeching out of his chest. Sweat broke out on her forehead, and she withdrew her grasp on the soldiers shoulders, he fell to the ground with a thud.

Regaining part of her strength, she used the gem's magic to erect three solid walls, giving them partial shelter. Again she used the gems power to start a fire, and drew on her own Elven magic to grow some fruit, which she took several bites of, before collapsing on the ground herself.

She had to get up and tend more to the soldier, she told herself, but she put it off for a few more minutes, she was far too drained of energy to ride.

38 Reviews

Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:43 am
blackwings_angel says...

Zayku shook his head, pain searing through his temples. An emptiness haunted him. No pain, no voice. The elf had freed him. Yet something seemed wrong. A missing feeling. Something that was once there missing. The girl slept in a blanket near the horse bundled up in a blanket. He opened his mouth, nothing coming out. He paniced silenty, trying to scream. THe queen had took something with her, his voice. He shook the elf, waking her up. "Wh-what now?" She said irritated that he interuppted her peaceful slumber. Making hand signals from his mouth and shaking his head, he tried to tell her he couldn't talk. "What are you doing?!" He picked up a leaf, and with a cold piece of charcoal from the fire, wrote out on the leaf in elvin, "I Can not speak!"

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:48 pm
ConformandObey_ItsFun says...

He managed to slip away without him following. He didn't know why he was there. He didn't care. He didn't particularly want to see him. He had wanted him dead. He should have known he couldn't have died.

He walked through the streets, trying to figure out why he was there, but could come to no conclusion.

Just as he approached the cathedral a young woman slyly bumped into him. His instincts told him to check his pockets. He reached in and felt around the empty pocket. Pick pocket.

"Hey, you, stop! Now!" he screamed at her.

He was about to run after.

"Ulvstien!" came a voice from the shadows of the cathedral. And a tall, thin man came out from the shadows. "Forget it. I'm sure it wasn't any amount of money to fuss over."

Britten rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Daryis." Britten said in an annoyed, yet calm tone.

"I'm looking for someone." Daryis stated as he took a drink from a wine glass.

"Still drinking, Daryis? You'll meet your death early if you keep that up." Britten said with a grin.

Daryis smiled.

"Early?" he sighed, "If only it were true. If only."

Daryis examined his empty glass and dropped the glass on the ground casually. Britten flinched when he heard it shatter.

"Now, again, Britten," Daryis began, "I believe I said I was looking for someone. And I think you know where he is..."

Britten rolled his eyes again.

"I have no clue who or what you are talking about, Daryis."

"Liars go to hell."

"And you know everything of hell, don't you?"

Daryis' eyes grew to become a dark shade of blue. Britten had succeeded in making him angry. Then again, Daryis was always easy to agitate.

"Listen here, Ulvstien," Daryis began in a loud tone, "I will not stand for any of this! Where is he!?"

Britten chuckled a bit. He had had his fun.

"The Dancing Dove."

Daryis smiled and disappeared into the shadows again.

Daryis walked into the inn. He cringed at the smell of beer. Where was these people's class? Drinking beer was no way to live. He much preferred wine.

"Can I help you, sir?" the woman behind the bar asked in her thick accent.

Daryis looked around a moment, shooting glares at anyone who looked in his direction.

"Sir?"

"Yes, I'm looking for someone."

"And who might that be, sir?"

"A man. A very dear friend of mine." His black hair fell into his face, and he pushed it away. "He might have come here with a woman. A woman by the name of Vortex, perhaps?"

The woman's eyes grew large. she pointed up the stairs.

"The third door down, sir."

"Thank you, miss." He said with a devious smile.

He made his way up the steps. He could sense he had been there earlier, but he wasn't there anymore.

So, he waited.

A few hours later Daryis heard the sound of foot steps coming up the stairs. A man appeared at the top.

Daryis' cobalt eyes sparkled and he grinned widely.

"Matisyn."
Manda Michell

"Why give up? Why give in? It's not enough. It never is."

90 Reviews

Reviews: 90
Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:40 pm
rosethorn says...

The glare from those twin pools of fire could have made anyone else turn and duck out. But Daryis remained firmly implanted in the room, his eyes twinkling with a less-than-sober gleam.

"Get out. I did not give you permission to intrude."

But a grin only spread across Daryis's face. "Why so glum?"

"What's it to you? What do you want?"

Daryis, ever-dramatic, made a mock impression that Matisyn's words had stung him. "That does hurt, you know. How long has it been now?"

It didn't matter to Matisyn. Could have been centuries and he didn't care.

Still, there was relief in seeing Daryis here. Alive. So he had survived afterall. How?

"If you're here for Avril, she's out at the moment. Visiting an old friend. She'll be back around nightfall, I'm sure." There was resentment in his tone, familiar and stale.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:54 pm
ConformandObey_ItsFun says...

"Why would I be here for Avril?" Daryis raised an eyebrow, "I'm here to see you, of course."

"What exactly do you want from me?" Matisyn said coldly.

"I am surprised, Mati!" Daryis gasped in a much exaggerated tone, "I want nothing from you. Must it always be about you, Mati?"

"Do not call me that." Matisyn commanded as he glared hard at Daryis.

Daryis sighed. He leaned against the wall, crossed his arms, and hung his head in a depressed manor.

"Matisyn, I do not see how you can be so cold." Daryis' tone was beginning to sound more and more intoxicated, "After all, it has been over twenty-two years since we've seen each other."

"Twenty-two years is nothing."

"Not to you, or to me, but to others..." Daryis began to drift then caught himself, "Listen, Mati, you and I have been through everything together. We've shared the same womb, the same trials, and even the same fate. Damned forever to this hell we call earth. Forever." Daryis' voice gave the hint that he was more intoxicated now than ever, "Ahhh, come, let's have a drink together."

"Daryis, a drink is the last thing you need."

"Oh, you never were any fun."

"No. I never was." Matisyn's gaze was still icy, and never left Daryis.

Daryis sighed and his arms fell to his side.

"I give up." Daryis stated dramatically.

"Good." Matisyn stated simply.

"Wait, you weren't supposed to say that..." Daryis started, "You were supposed to stop me before I left."

Matisyn smiled.

"I know." he looked at Daryis with a straight face, "If you're planning on stalking me from here on out, I suggest you get a room on that end of the hall." Matisyn pointed to the the other end of the hall.

Daryis looked at Matisyn in disbelief.

Matisyn smiled and began to walk in to his room.

"Good night, Daryis"

"Nigh. Some..." the door slammed, "brother you are..."
Manda Michell

"Why give up? Why give in? It's not enough. It never is."

Random avatar

Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:40 am
misspriss says...

Elainora hadn't meant to fall asleep. She had just meant to take few minutes of rest, before leaving.

But now she found herself trying to decipher a hastily written note scrawled on a large leaf.

"Oh." She said simply, realizing it was written in Elven.

"I-I," she peered at it closely, "cannot--speak. Oh. You cannot speak." Her eyebrow puckered in puzzlement. What did it mean?

She frowned, trying to think of a solution. It must have happened when she had freed him from the soul, which had took quite a bit of her strength, she remembered angrily.

He was the cause of this mess. It wasn't her fault. She had done all she could for him. She stood to her feet, quickly repacking the things safely in the saddlebag.

"I've done for you all I can. I don't know what else to do." She said, hurriedly mounting the horse.

"Don't try and follow me. Just--" She clenched her fists, "Just stop. If you try to follow me I will bind your wrists, except this time with thorns, instead of ivy." She paused for a moment looking over her shoulder at him.

"I have nothing against you." She wanted to add, except that you wasted a lot of my time, but she didn't.

"But if you keep tracking me, I will harm you." She dug her heels in the horses flanks, starting off.

She wondered if he would heed her warning.

38 Reviews

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:00 am
blackwings_angel says...

"Well," Zayku thought to himself. "Technically she still has my horse and I doubt I'll be able to catch her so I migth as well just go to Dursa and see what I can do there." A clomping of hooves sounded behind him. His old brigade, all in armor rode up, still in search of the princess. Or at least so Zayku thought. "Captian Zayku, you are under arrest according to the queen herself. I seems as though she wants your head now instead of teh elf. Maybe she should thank you. Two men jumoed off their horses and bound him in handcuffs. They saddled him on one of their empty horses, bound him up tightly. He wasn't go anywhere. In fact, he wasn't planning on it. "At least I get a free trip to the castle. I could even see if she'd give me my voice back."

38 Reviews

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:00 pm
blackwings_angel says...

the carriage same to a sudden stop, waking Zayku. The rear doors flung open, stinging Zayku's still weary eyes by light. A woman stood in the doorway, an arrogant grin upon her face. "Zayku Darling, how have you been? She outstreched a hand, that Zayku kissed, only because otherwise he would of been hung. "Come with me darling." Zyaku followed the Queen into her palace, each rooms marble floorsa too much of a luxury to him. THe queen led him down a corridor he had never been before. They past a library, a den, and something that puzzled Zayku, a nursery. He knew that the queen never did have a child, a nursery would be a waisted room. She shut the door to the nursery, a pained look upon her face. She led him then into her bedroom, guards on either side of the door. She stopped and whispred something in his ear that Zayku could not hear. "Come darling." they entered the room, and teh door slammed behind them, a chink from the doorknob. They were locked in. THe queen wandered over to her nightstand, where a glass case stood empty. "This is where that little wretch took my baby from me." She was talking about the gem. "I need my baby back. She can not leave these borders." Zayku nodded, she had said something about the queen becoming powerless. SHe opened the drawer of the nightstand. She reached in, and pulled out a small pin, much like a sewing needle. "I was afraid someone would try and steal my baby. So I made Ergok" The queen's favorite sorcerror "Make me a needle, a sewing needle. Small enough for no one to notice. Inside this needle is a piece of my baby. But this needle, isn't just an ordinary needle, no. She pointed a crooked finger at his arm, and muttered something under her breath. His arm instantly became stiff, as if he no longer had control over it. THe queen lit a candle, and put teh needle through the the flame, steralizing it. "Whomever this needle has, will be forever bound to hunting my baby. The needle will become part of them, and they will become a part of the needle." She walked straight at Zayku, her eyes glittering with an evil power. "I want you to find my baby." She then stabbed him with the needle, burying it deep into his arm. Zayku tried to scream, but nothing, and he collapsed to the ground, holding his arm away from him, as if it wasn't even him. Smoke curled from the spot the needle was inserted, a loud sizzling as well. Blood trickled out of the small dot, the dark red liquids, seeming as if to become a snake, curling along his skin staining him. "You are mine Zayku. Mine" His eyes flickered, and then he lay there as if dead.

When Zayku awoke he was in a stone room, somewhere below the castle, A small torch burned in the corner, luminously lighting the cell. He stood alone in the room, with nothing but a mirror and a torch. He gazed upon the mirror, not seeing himself. Instead of his short light brown hair, he had thick charcoal balck hair covering his head. His eyes, his poor eyes. His once beautiful emerald green eyes seemed as if to be burned, the irises a dark orange. He physically changed too. Before this incident he was built like any normal man, not very muscular, now he looked like one of eth queen's berserkers, his body rock hard. Perfect abs, pecks, biceps, triceps, everything. His arm though, looked terrible. His blood had stained him, the tail of teh snake where the needle was, twisting around his arm all teh way to the back of his hand, where the serpents head was. His mind felt weird too, a tugging, and a small voice. His voice. [/i]"Freedom, I want freedom. That beautiful piece of freedom," The gem glittered beaautifully iun his mind. He wanted freedom from this leash he was on, drawing him ever closer to the stone. The stone door swung open and their stood the queen. "You will find my baby, won't you?" Zayku nodded " I want my freedom." Zakyu's voice was back, but sounded much raspier. "Get me my stone darling, and you are getting yourself your freedom. But before you leave take these gifts." A guard handed him a larg epackage which he opened. It was armor, or at least that's what he thought. The breast plate was obvious, it looked like roman armor, But it had marble bone pieces running down his chest, it was made of steel, which was quite dull, and didn't shine at all, it looked almost burned. The arm pieces, were quite different. They had two large spikes on the shoulder pates, that looked as if the were made of bones, and he had arm guards as well, with smaller spikes upon them. going bout a foot further than his hand. They also made him practically skin tight leather gloves that went about half way up his forearm. THe last thing in the package, was a black cape, made of what felt like burlap, the snake on his arm coiled up in the center embroiderd on in silver thread. "Go now Zayku, and bring me my gem." Zayku nodded, that small voice still in his head repeating over and over, [i]freedom . When the guards guided Zayku ouside he was greeted by a black steed, already saddled up, his gear upon it. "This is my favorite horse Zayku. We call him Voldedor, king of the night. He will run faster than the stars for you, and carry you safely." Zayku thanked the queen, and strapped his pouch with his armor to teh beasts side, he would put it on later. He rode all night to Dursa, where he stopped at teh town inn. "The dancing dove," He chuckled, "What kind of name is that." He took Voldedor to the saddle behind the inn, and tied him up in the first stall. He walked into the inn, booked a room from a terrified women, and then left to go to the tailors. The enitre store was like a closest, Clothes all along the back wall, with a counter in front of it, where an elderly man stood, working on another piece of clothing. "I need new clothes, preferably a black shirt with sleeves, and dark green pants. THe man nodded never taking his eyes from his work. He grabbed one black shirt and the pants from his wall, it was a common order. He set them on the counter, "that will be twelve gold piec-" he stopped mid sentence, making eye coontact with Zayku. "Attach a hood on to it as well, something that can hide my face." The man nodded still in fear. "I will come tommorow at day break, i want it ready by then."
[/i]

38 Reviews

Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:58 pm
blackwings_angel says...

Zayku woke up, the fire in his room still blazing. Someone must of came in and started it up while he was asleep. He didn't like intruders. He put his ear to the door. Something was wrong. Men were whispering outside his room in a scared manner.
"- I put an oil pellet in one of the new logs. It will either smoke him out, or if he's close to the fire when it goes, blast him back to Hell." One man said. Obviosuly he must of been the town spook, and was hired to rid the inn of this "evil spirit".
"But what if he's one of those fire demons? Won't it just pisss him off and make it worse for me?" The voice was reconizabgle, the bar tender.
"Nothing can control an oil fire. Too fast and too intoxicating. Unless he's a sand demon, which he defiantly doesn't look like, there's no way he's putting it out."
Zayku chuckled. His new powers, his ability to strike fear in people's hearts, he was loving it. He opened his windo wall the way, and leaned out. It was a two sorty drop, and he wouldn't naturally make it. ONce again he chuckled, he was going to have some fun with this bar tender and see if he really would be under her control until the stone was found. Could she control him throughout his death? HE leaped out the window, a sizzling sound behind him. The pellet was ready to blow. he flipped vigoursly towards the ground, in almost a free fall. Feet before the ground, a voice echoed in his head. More forbidden magic. THe pellet exploded, flames bursting out the window, flying towards him. THe fire rushed below him, causing him to make yet anothe rflip, and lanindng softly on the ground. She couldn't control him through death, but as long as she was guarding him, death was not an option. He ran into the bar, a wicked smile upon his face. Calmy he walked upstairs, smoke curling out from beneath his door. Muffled voices sounded from inside. He pushed the door open, a scared bartender and spook twirled around to see him. "I'm not that easy to get rid of." The evil and hatred that now flowed through his veins took over, all of his morals gone like the smoke. He savagely attacked the men, the screams heard across the town. "Now to pick up my dry cleaning"

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
— Charles Mingus