z

Young Writers Society

Journey Into the North

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:28 am
Griffinkeeper says...

The blades stopped in mid-swing. Alden moved forward carefully, avoiding the blades. It would have been difficult to get past these on his own.

At the end of the hallway, Henry and Valin were all ready moving ahead.

"Whoa," Henry said. Alden looked over his shoulder to see this massive chasm. A bridge spanned the chasm. It rotated around a pillar in the center. The pillar extended all the way down into blackness.

"The bridge is over there, we need it to come over here so we can cross," Valin said.

"I can get to the bridge," Alden said.

"Here's some rope, tie it to the end of the bridge and we'll be able to pull it over here," Henry said, giving him a coil of rope and holding on to the end. Alden nodded and took flight.

The flight was too short and Alden came to the bridge. The coil was almost gone when Alden landed. He tied the end onto the banister. Henry and Valin began pulling and the bridge

It took no time at all before the bridge was aligned. Henry and Valin tread carefully over the rickety old bridge. Alden landed on the other side of the bridge and waited just inside the threshold.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:27 am
Jennafina says...

"Some of the planks are loose and rotten," Valin called, from the other side of the bridge. "Be careful where you step."

"Best go not too many at a time," added Henry.

Becky stepped onto the bridge after Carmenia and Adrian. The boards underfoot creaked loudly. After a few seconds from in front of her came a small intake of breath and the sound of splintering wood.

"Carmenia!" Adrian shouted.

"It's fine," Carmenia hissed, sounding shaken. "Don't trust the railing, it's falling apart."

"Thanks."

Becky stared down, searching for a bottom in the black crevasse, but couldn't see anything. She focused on her feet, taking one slow step after the next. It was painstaking progress, but soon she was on the other side, re-lighting her candle.

The next group knocked off the remainder of the railing as they crossed. It plummeted into the blackness. Becky didn't hear a sound of it hitting the bottom.

Suddenly, the bridge started to move again, creaking on its great hinge.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:36 pm
deleted6 says...

Adrian watched Becky progress keeping eye on the taunt rope making sure it wasn't fraying. He was ready to risk his life. He was finally forgetting his past mistakes and making up for them he thought. Suddenly he heard a whimper from Becky he shot his head up and the bridge was swaying to and fro slowly. Becky seemed really nervous and had started shuffling back.

Adrian went back on balancing himself so his weight was evenly matched. Becky had stopped walking back and stood transfixed. Adrian walked slowly making sure his weight was even both sides. He so hoped the bridge could stand more punishment. Becky realizing started tentatively moving when her foot touched a rotten plank. She screamed as her foot fell through. Adrian took a deep breath trying to remain calm. She was doing exact opposite she tried to pull her foot out bridge swaying to and fro. Adrian was feeling very nervous he kept his balance... When suddenly a plank broke off in Becky struggle to get her foot out. Adrian begged her not to overreact but she shook the bridge more. He took few more steps and tried to stop her

"Becky stop!

she continued to shake bridge he took more steps and tried again

"Becky you'll kill both of us seize this!"

She continued he took last few steps and was just one plank away from her unfortunately this was the plank that she had kicked off. He reached his arm and shook her hard

"Becky stop shaking bridge and relax while I help you across."

Becky relaxed and took his hand as he helped her over. Seraph and others begun to cross jumping over gap. Adrian let go of Becky hand and sighed outloud. He saw Becky seemed slightly nervous. Suddenly she quickly wrapped her arms round his back awkwardly. Becky then instantly pulled away mumbeling thank you and smiled quickly turning away from him. Adrian tried to figure out what the hell had happened just there?
"Well I'd love what they have in store for us next!" Cyrus implied sarcasticly.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:14 pm
View Likes
Ego says...

As I exited the corridor of blades and stepped through the threshhold of the following door, I stopped the second I saw what lay beyond. Valin and Henry were already across, and Adrian, with Becky in tow, had stepped onto the bridge. I froze when I took in the bridge they were on. It was rickety, decrepit, and on top of that, continually spinning around a central platform. I stepped to the edge of the platform we were standing on and looked over. The bottom of the gorge was not visible, but I was sure that whatever lay beyond was not pleasant.

As Adrian and Becky made it across with some trouble, I looked over my shoulder. “Finn, Sirloaz—you’re next. Carmernia, you follow.”

“’M thinkin’ yeh c’n take tha’n shove it—“

I cut Finn off: “Move along, Chant.” She closed her mouth and stpped forward, until she was beside me. “We do not have time for this, Finn. Cross the brigde, or be left behind for the Priesthood to find you.”

Her eyes widened at the threat, and she moved forward, her cheeks flushed a brilliant red with anger.

As Sirloaz stepped forward silently, I clapped a hand on his shoulder. “Watch her, Sirloaz—keep her safe.” He nodded without a word and shrugged my hand away as he stepped tentatively onto the bridge after the woman I had grown to care about.

There was a great rumble, and then the center of the bridge fell away. Sirloaz shoved Finn across, then moved to jump it. He fell short, but dug his daggers in to get a grip. After a moment of drama, both Finn and Sirloaz were safely across, albeit with some scratches.

When Finn reached the other side and Valin reached out to take her hand and pull her to the relative saftey of the island in the center, I sighed inwardly in relief. Then only Cyrus and I remained on the far side of the bridge. As we waited for the bridge to come around for another pass, we looked to each other. After watching the bridge seem to break away even as the liughtest of our group crossed, we knew that it would not so readily accept our considerable bulk. The dwarf, while small in stature, weighed nearly twice as much as Valin. I myself weighed more than all three of the women in the party combined.

I grimaced and looked at the dwarf.

“Go on, then,” I said. He looked at me incredulously as the bridge swung around. He looked from me, to the bridge, to the party on thbe islance, back to me.

“Yeh gotta be jokin’,” he said gruffly.

“Would you prefer to stay here and face the priests?” I asked.
Last edited by Ego on Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:33 pm
misspriss says...

Stepping carefully to the other side of the bridge, Carmenia let out her breath. It seemed she had been holding almost since the swinging pendalums when Hen--no. She wouldn't think about Him.

Taking a deep breath, she stepped back and waited for the rest to cross. She had to stay as far away from Him as possible. She knew if He so much as spoke to her, all her resolve would melt. She couldn't let that happen.

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:53 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

“Watch her, Sirloaz—keep her safe.” Sirloaz nodded without a word and shrugged Seraph's hand away as he stepped tentatively onto the bridge after the woman.

The bridge creaked and complained at the newly found weight, but it held. The bridge was slowly moving toward the wall as Seraph and Cyrus watched them cross. The deep pit beneath them beckoning, asking for another foolhardy adventurer to devour, to fall into its gaping black mouth, for ever.

"Finn, we need to move faster" Sirloaz said quietly and calmly but his voice was soon followed by a whisper 'or die'. Finn shuddered a little as a chill went racing up her spine; but shrugging it of she pushed onwards towards the center platform. upon reaching a few broken boards she lightly leaped over them only to have the one under her foot snap with a loud resounding crack, as she began her fall, Sirloaz's hand snaked out and grabbed the back of her shirt, yanking her away from the large falling section of the bridge. Upon catching her breath she nodded her thanks, while Sirloaz stared past her at the new obstacle.

"we'l 'ave ta jump it" Finn said as she stepped back a few feet then began her dash towards the other section of the bridge; yet as she jumped off, Sirloaz grabbed her once again, yet instead of taking her back he tossed her adding momentum to her jump. An audible gasp was heard from Seraph as Finn cleared the gap and landed on the bridge in a roll, and turned around waiting for Sirloaz.

The the bridge although turning slowly was making its way towards the wall where it would push off all persons still on the bridge, they had to move faster for the wall was almost upon them. Sirloaz backing up dashed, his body bent as he gained speed. Kicking off the ground he propelled himself through the air but it was clearly not going to be enough; as he fell his hands reached back and ripped two daggers from their sheaths. The jump seemed to last forever yet the fall was like lightning. He plunged his daggers into the board, thankfully it was thicker than the rest, yet the bridge as if willing aid the pit in its devouring of souls seemed to speed up on its way to the wall.

"FINN MOVE!" Seraph yelled, and Finn gave Sirloaz one last glance at Sirloaz and ran.

Sirloaz began too pull himself up one leg, then the next, finally his body was all the way on the bridge, by then fin had just barely made it to the platform as she turned back to regard her comrade's actions. Sirloaz turned and faced the wall, like a man facing his death, then jumped up and hit the bridge hard, the spikes on his shoes driving into the aged wood while his daggers held his body steady. Slowly he began to climb upwards.

"Oy, It's jus' like a tree, jus' flat n' withou' branches" Cyrus yelled out to Sirloaz as encouragement.

Upon reaching the higher part of the wall Sirloaz began to make his way to the platform, a good 20 feet above ground level, yet he was still hanging of the chasm. About ten feet from a jump to the stone circle was a vine covered section of the wall. Disregarding the vines Sirloaz reached to stab his dagger deep into the wood to continue his procession across the wall.

Yet upon touching a vine an electric shock blasted through his body, numbing his left side and badly burning his left hand. Dropping the dagger, all his weight was placed on his right side, a terrible strain on his arm as the spikes from his foot began to slide out of the wall. The ranger grunted as his foot fell from the wall his left arm hanging limply at his side, slowly he began to swing, and slowly the dagger began to slide out of the ancient wood.

"Come on, you can do it" cyrus said silently as he watched with anticipation.

Sirloaz at the peak of one of the swings let go of the dagger, leaving it stuck in the wall as he sailed towards the central platform, the ground rushing at him fast, he landed with a heavy thud and didn't move. Silence was all that was heard throughout the room. Finn slowly inched her way over to the ranger, grabbed his shoulders and rolled him on his back to have his pained face star back at her; and slowly she helped Sirloaz into a sitting position.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:54 am
View Likes
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

Dargquon Ql'deleodna wrote:“Watch her, Sirloaz—keep her safe.” Sirloaz nodded without a word and shrugged Seraph's hand away as he stepped tentatively onto the bridge after the woman.

The bridge creaked and complained at the newly found weight, but it held. The bridge was slowly moving toward the wall as Seraph and Cyrus watched them cross. The deep pit beneath them beckoning, asking for another foolhardy adventurer to devour, to fall into its gaping black mouth, for ever.

"Finn, we need to move faster" Sirloaz said quietly and calmly but his voice was soon followed by a whisper 'or die'. Finn shuddered a little as a chill went racing up her spine; but shrugging it of she pushed onwards towards the center platform. upon reaching a few broken boards she lightly leaped over them only to have the one under her foot snap with a loud resounding crack, as she began her fall, Sirloaz's hand snaked out and grabbed the back of her shirt, yanking her away from the large falling section of the bridge. Upon catching her breath she nodded her thanks, while Sirloaz stared past her at the new obstacle.

"we'l 'ave ta jump it" Finn said as she stepped back a few feet then began her dash towards the other section of the bridge; yet as she jumped off, Sirloaz grabbed her once again, yet instead of taking her back he tossed her adding momentum to her jump. An audible gasp was heard from Seraph as Finn cleared the gap and landed on the bridge in a roll, and turned around waiting for Sirloaz.

The the bridge although turning slowly was making its way towards the wall where it would push off all persons still on the bridge, they had to move faster for the wall was almost upon them. Sirloaz backing up dashed, his body bent as he gained speed. Kicking off the ground he propelled himself through the air but it was clearly not going to be enough; as he fell his hands reached back and ripped two daggers from their sheaths. The jump seemed to last forever yet the fall was like lightning. He plunged his daggers into the board, thankfully it was thicker than the rest, yet the bridge as if willing aid the pit in its devouring of souls seemed to speed up on its way to the wall.

"FINN MOVE!" Seraph yelled, and Finn gave Sirloaz one last glance at Sirloaz and ran.

Sirloaz began too pull himself up one leg, then the next, finally his body was all the way on the bridge, by then fin had just barely made it to the platform as she turned back to regard her comrade's actions. Sirloaz turned and faced the wall, like a man facing his death, then jumped up and hit the bridge hard, the spikes on his shoes driving into the aged wood while his daggers held his body steady. Slowly he began to climb upwards.

"Oy, It's jus' like a tree, jus' flat n' withou' branches" Cyrus yelled out to Sirloaz as encouragement.

Upon reaching the higher part of the wall Sirloaz began to make his way to the platform, a good 20 feet above ground level, yet he was still hanging of the chasm. About ten feet from a jump to the stone circle was a vine covered section of the wall. Disregarding the vines Sirloaz reached to stab his dagger deep into the wood to continue his procession across the wall.

Yet upon touching a vine an electric shock blasted through his body, numbing his left side and badly burning his left hand. Dropping the dagger, all his weight was placed on his right side, a terrible strain on his arm as the spikes from his foot began to slide out of the wall. The ranger grunted as his foot fell from the wall his left arm hanging limply at his side, slowly he began to swing, and slowly the dagger began to slide out of the ancient wood.

"Come on, you can do it" cyrus said silently as he watched with anticipation.

Sirloaz at the peak of one of the swings let go of the dagger, leaving it stuck in the wall as he sailed towards the central platform, the ground rushing at him fast, he landed with a heavy thud and didn't move. Silence was all that was heard throughout the room. Finn slowly inched her way over to the ranger, grabbed his shoulders and rolled him on his back to have his pained face star back at her; and slowly she helped Sirloaz into a sitting position.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:00 pm
Fand says...

I helped Sirloaz sit up, propping him up with one hand. He leaned back against me heavily, and I had to exert quite a bit of effort to keep the ranger in anywhere near an upright position. The impact didn't seem to have injured him too badly, aside from bruising and dazing him.

"Y' alrigh'?" I asked, checking him over for obvious wounds again.

He turned his head and blinked dazedly at me for a moment, before shaking his head as though throwing off his discomfort. "Next time," he muttered, "move faster, hey?"

I reddened, but nodded and helped him to his feet at his behest. He eyed me suspiciously, apparently surprised to find me so biddable; truth be told, it was gratitude. I probably wouldn't have been able to make that jump on my own; I was too small. If he hadn't thrown me, I might not've made it.

I realized a mere moment before Cyrus shouted across that if Sirloaz and I had so much difficulty crossing the gap... and Cyrus and Seraph were still on the other side...

"Alden," Valin barked, getting the griffin's attention. "How much weight can you carry short distances?"

The griffin eyed the warrior and the dwarf speculatively. "Cyrus, with a good deal of difficulty. Seraph..." he made a face (which is incredibly comical on griffins, actually), and finally shook his head. "He's too heavy."

Valin sighed and ran a hand through his hair, thinking. "Alright. Cyrus!" he shouted across. "Alden's coming for you!" The dwarf's reply was lost as Valin continued. "Seraph... time to put that stellar mind of yours to good use, old friend."

I looked across to where the last two stood, and even as Alden dropped down and allowed Cyrus to clamber clumsily up onto his back before taking off (with the dwarf muttering obscenities the whole time), I couldn't look away from Seraph. He paced the ledge's edge like a trapped animal, eyeing the distance, occasionally making frustrated hand motions or muttering to himself. I kept watching him even after Alden and Cyrus had rejoined the rest of us, and for some odd reason I found it difficult to breathe. How was he going to do it?

I'd barely articulated that thought aloud to Sirloaz when I saw Seraph walk away from the ledge, stop and turn, and take a deep breath. With a horrible certainty, I realized that I knew what he was going to do--though why he'd be that foolish, I had no idea. I screamed for him to stop even as he ran forward down the bridge, launching himself off the end and towards us.

My scream died even as his face contorted with realization. He wasn't going to make it.

He didn't.
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

576 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:31 pm
Ego says...

I felt my fingers brush the other side of the bridge, and then it was gone. I plummeted like the hunk of steel and flesh I was, and knew my moment of weakness and arrogance had cost me everything.

Finn's scream echoed in my ears as I dropoped out of sight.

I fell no more than twenty feet, then hit the bottom of the pit. But it was not the bottom, I realized. I had hit a ledge a mere fraction of the way down. My feet hit first, and as I had been trained, I let my knees buckle and I went into a roll. My legs slid off the ledge, and my armor sent sparks into the air as it scraped agianst the hard stone.

"Damn it all!" I grunted, then reached out for a handhold. I found one and held tight. Tentatively, I allowed more of my weight to be supported by that handhold as I lifted first one, then the other leg back onto the ledge. The thing was barely five feet by six--it was a marvel that I had managed to land on it.

I heard calls from the others, and, after shaking my head to clear the stars, raised my head.

"I'm--" a fit of coughing overtook me for a moment. My throat burned, and it took a few moments for me to recover.

"I'm all right! Drop a rope down to me, then get going! The book is all that matters!"
Got YWS? I do.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:43 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Alden stayed near the edge. He wasn't sure if he could carry Seraph, but if the rope failed, he would find out.

Alden saw the rope tense up and from over the cliff, he heard grunting noises. A few moments later Seraph appeared, sweating profusely. Finn and Alden grabbed onto him and pulled him onto the floor. Seraph breathed heavily.

"Are yeh okay?" Finn asked.

"I'll live," Seraph breathed.

"The others have gone ahead," Alden told Seraph. They walked over and entered a chamber where the others were.

Henry and Valin were moving carefully forward towards a gigantic statue.

"Do you see a panel?" Valin asked.

"Nothing yet, wait a minute- I found one," Henry said, moving to a place behind the statue.

"I pushed it, but nothing happened," Henry said. The statue winked.

Alden blinked, no, that statue didn't wink. It was a statue. Impossible.

Then, in a terrible sound, the golem grabbed Henry and Valin with his massive stone hands.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:30 am
sabradan says...

It all happened so fast. One minute, Henry and I had found a panel, ready to open the chamber for one of the greatest discovieries of our time, and the next....I found myself clenched in the giant, mailed fist of a bloody golem!

As the now reanimated Golem came completley to life, it stepped off the dias, revealing further to us our goal, and we went farther to the other direction, as the Golem began to take its first strides toward the rest, who looked about as shocked as I felt.

"Holy Bloody hell! What in the name of the Gods is this thing?!" I heard Henry yelling, among many...other explatives.
"Calm down, Henry. Its a Golem. Let's try and figure a way out of its grip," I called over to him and he nodded in agreement.

No sooner had I said it than the Golem lunged toward the group, who only barely made out of the way of being smashed to bits by the giant mailed fist that also held me.

I tried wriggling out of the fist, and squirming and doing anything to allow me to slide out, but to no avail. I also tried prying the Golems fingers open, forcing it to drop me, which would have been not the most pleasant thing, but better than the present situation. However, each time I tried prying the Golem's fingers apart, they just tightened around me.

I finally decided to try something drastic. I concentrated all my energy on my hands, heating them up wiht my innate ability to control heat and fire. While I could no longer cast fireballs or anything of that sort, I could still create heat, and to a lesser degree, fire. I placed my now red-hot hands on the Golem's metal hand and after a few seconds it burned the Golem so much that it opened its hand and dropped me. I fell to the ground, rolled, and got back to my feet, quickly scanning the room for what was happening.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:29 am
Fand says...

[Taking place right after Seraph falls]

I couldn't breathe. Why couldn't I breathe? I staggered, and felt someone grab my shoulder--Carmenia, I realized a moment later, her fingers digging into my flesh in a harder grip than I'd expected the elf-woman to have. I ripped myself away from her and stumbled to my hands and knees at the very edge, my skin scraping against the rough ground. Desperately I peered over and into the chasm.

I saw movement, then, though it was too dark to see distinct shapes. A moment later, a broken word and then a fit of coughing. Then, "I'm all right! Drop a rope down to me, then get going! The book is all that matters!"

He was alive. He was alive!

My throat was so tight that swallowing back tears hurt. I struggled against them, then straightened and brushed off my clothes as I attempted to regain my composure.

I didn't care. Really I didn't.

Sod it all, I really, really did.

I muttered all sort of expletives under my breath as I followed Alden and a very bruised Seraph into the other chamber.
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:05 am
Jennafina says...

Valin dropped from the Golem's fist, getting quickly to his feet and looking up.

"Oh, thanks!" Henry yelled, thrashing about in the Golem's grip. "Very considerate!" But the rest of his words were swallowed up by the Golem's roar, as it lunged towards the rest of the group.

Probably just as well, Becky thought, leaping sideways to avoid a giant foot.

The group scattered, darting in opposite directions. Swinging its giant limps, the Golem charged after them, Henry still clutched like a trophy in the Golem's fist.

"'Ow do we kill it?" Becky screamed.

"We don't have to. We just need to get through this chamber, but first we need to all get through that door," said Alden, nodding at the trap door which looked very far away.

"'Ey!" shouted Henry. "Forgetting something?"

"And rescue Henry," Alden finished.

"Right," said Becky. "How?"

"Run."

"Wha'? That simple?"

"Becky, run. Now."

Becky followed his gaze. The Golem's head had swiveled in their direction. It lumbered forward , shaking the chamber with each step. The sound of its bellow was like thousands of rocks falling down a slope. Its teeth were sharp, and it had two layers of them.

Right, thought Becky. Run. I think I understand him.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:52 pm
deleted6 says...

Adrian jumped back and drew the sword as the golem came to life. It's eyes glowed with small diamonds. No chance is blinding the automaton he thought. He saw Becky had run he felt kinda sorry for her, after all she wanted to fight. Suddenly he felt something hard hit his stomach. He groaned and bent down. He desperately tried to stand but fell over.

He spluttered trying to speak blood droplets falling from his mouth "Well anyone any other ideas, none of our attacks are working.

"Well like hell will I ever let a rock defeat me." Cyrus shouted smashing his axe against the golem torso.

Henry shouted back defending against the blows "We're not trying to kill it we just need to subdue it."

"Well still not letting a rock beat me lad." He replied swinging his axe once more against the body of golem.

Cyrus was right it was only a rock. He tried again to stand up, managing a crouch.

He returned to battle and swung his sword against the side of golem hard. He then realized how bad that plan had been, the sword vibrated violently in his hand.

He shook his head to clear away the dizziness. Just in time for Golem to counter attack with another swift punch in his stomach. Adrian cried out in pain and fell over. He was sure that punch had rearranged his organs. Becky had turned round when he cried out. He lifted one leg up, but it was no use his body wouldn't cooperate. Last thing he saw before he blacked out, was another of the golem fist heading for his chest.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

576 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:33 am
Ego says...

I saw the foolish, uncharacteristically brave paladin rush forward to attack the golem, only to have his blade strike against the enchanted rock and adamantine that made up the thing's skin. After to blows, the man was on his knees, but the golem knew no mercy, and, despite the determined dwarf hacking ineffectively at its side, raised its fist to crush Adrian to the ground.

Without a second thought, I rushed to the man's aid, bringing my blade up to meet the golem's swing. I let my other hand slide up the flat of the blade, gripping it tightly as I stepped in front of Adrian and held it horizontally in front of me to catch the golem's attack. The mere force of the blow against my sword nearly made my elbows buckle, but I stood my ground. Now the golem's focus was on me.

"Get Adrian back. Take him to the bridge--" I grunted as the golem raised its fist again. I locked my legs in a crouch and my elbows bent slightly and took a second blow, shifting the blade slightly to deflect the statue's blow to the side. Becky had run back up to Adrian, who'd fallen over, unconscious, and dragged him away.

I looked behind me to make sure he was clear, just as the golem's other fist came around and struck me on the shoulder. The next thing I knew I was soaring through the air, then colliding with one of the large pillars that littered the room. I slid down to he floor, not really hurt and cursing violently.

"Arcane Magic...perhaps we are better off without it."
Got YWS? I do.

Saying Why-Double-you-Ehs is inversely like saying Ah-beh-Seh (Abc)... just say yewis it's cooler.
— Anonymous