z

Young Writers Society

Journey Into the North Discussion Thread (Old 4T thread)

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:00 pm
sabradan says...

Sure. If you don't mind.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:08 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

I'm back and i'm gonna be posting as much as i can.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:43 am
Ego says...

Here's the idea I've been tossing around the various members of JiN:

Valin drops a rope for Seraph to climb, then orders the group to move out. Finn refuses to leave, preferring to wait for Seraph.

The group moves into a new room, which is really a large corridor. the is a row of collumns on either side of the walkway. At the end of the corridor is a large statue or an armored man--except the statue is made largely of adamantine and trimmed with platinum.

Obviously there wouldnt be a dead end at the end of a trap filler corridor, so the party tries to find a hidden door. Henry ends up tampering with the statue, looking for a seam, and the thing attacks--it's an enchanted suit of massive armor--a Golem.

I thought this might be an opportunity to face an enemy we cannot beat with our power.

I have a couple ideas on how we might defeat the golem... the main one I've been tossing around is where Henry ends up shoving his sword into the empty scabbard the golem wears around its waist, and the golem goes passive.

thoughts?
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:19 pm
misspriss says...

Interesting...I'll try and post soon.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:11 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Fellow Authors,

Over the past few months, we have collaborated to build one of the most successful storybooks in the history of this forum. It is unsurpassed as of this post.

As of late, activity for JIN has wound down to near zero. The story can be finished, but I think the interest to do so isn't there.

JIN, it seems, is dead.

A sequel to JIN may be written in the future, when I get the itch to start a new storybook, but in the short term it is unlikely that it will come about.

I would like to take this time to thank all of my fellow authors, past and present, for helping make JIN as great as it is. Without your help, it would not have the energy it did. It is a pleasure to write with such an enthusiastic group of authors.

And that, I think, is just about it.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:44 pm
misspriss says...

So...it's over? Hmmmm.

I would be interested in a sequel, if anyone else is.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:27 pm
Jennafina says...

I am too. Maybe it's because I just joined, but I'm not bored of it at all.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:00 am
Firestarter says...

I would like to have a new storybook, if only on the condition that the plot is more thoroughly thought through this time. It wasn't really engaging enough to keep me coming back with JiN. I know we started to sort out stuff towards the end, and that was cool, but at the beginning the premise was a little tenuous with all the characters involved and it seemed a little flat all the way through. The best thing about the storybook was indeed the characters, who turned out to be awesome. But I think we should give more *collective* thought to the plot this time.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:42 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

In the past, I liked the idea of getting characters first and then setting up the story around them.

This worked out okay for the first two, but it didn't really include all the writers.

In the next sequel, we'll talk plot before we set up shop. I will set up a thread for plot discussion, then we can take it from there.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:35 am
Ego says...

1) Are we going to abandon JiN in favor of it's successor, or are we going to finish this one, and brainstorm for the sequel as we go?

2) Asking permission to turn JiN into a story co-written by Fand and myself.
Got YWS? I do.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:00 am
sabradan says...

As long as I can read it and add my two cents (or more) along the way. And make sure Valin stays as BAMF as ever, then you have my permission.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

576 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:11 am
Ego says...

It would be posted here, yes; however, all decisions would be made by Fand and I.
Got YWS? I do.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:19 am
Griffinkeeper says...

You know how Alden works, but if any thing comes up... well, you know the drill.

Anyways, I'm cool with it.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:26 pm
Firestarter says...

That sounds alright.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Monster is a relative term. To a canary, a cat is a monster. We're just used to being the cat.
— Henry Wu, "Jurassic World"