z

Young Writers Society

EAGLES Discussion

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:49 am
Ares says...

Discuss. Right now, we need to figure out what we're doing with this complex, and how long it's gunna last.

I'm under the impression that some of us are covering the others who are going to come out with Banks. Then we're leaving. Idunno how, because we have no transport. But the mission would then be accomplished, so it makes since for us to leave.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:26 am
sabradan says...

I agree. Although, I would kind of rather kill Banks.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:15 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

What we can do is have an us patrol come check out the site due to explosions and what they heard?

I mean banks could be an arse and resist then get shot and die on the way to a hospital if you want to.

I kinda like the patrol idea (US or Allied).
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:46 am
Griffinkeeper says...

A US patrol in Colombia? They wouldn't go anywhere near a spec-ops unit. That would acknowledge a US (NATO?) incursion in a sovereign nation.

If a patrol comes along, it would be a special operations unit, most likely an allied spec-op unit.

You know what I've been thinking about? What if the unit was our very own SPEW Commandos?

Think about it: Nate's the Commander, but did he ever say he was the Commander of the Eagles? No, he merely was the Commander of a Spec-op base.

Of course, it could be other YWS/TSR based units. The SPEW Commandos is my particular branch, we could have Sabradan's CCF come in, Hunter's UNMC team, a second team of E.A.G.L.E.S, or even a combination of the them.

Think about it:

SPEW: Super Powerful Enhanced Warriors.
CCF: Counter-Criminal Force.
UNMC: United Nations Marine Corp
E.A.G.L.E.S: Elite Anti Terrorist and Global Law Enforcement Expeditionary Strikeforce

Same basic deal: an anti-crime/terrorist paramilitary unit. SPEW and UNMC are more on the military side. CCF and EAGLES are on the legal side.

All of them, interestingly enough, probably would be under Nate's command. Including them in the Storybook would also bring some of the old members of these groups out of the woodworks (though quite a few are already here.)

Of course, this is the EAGLES Branch, but a cameo from another group isn't out of the question...

As for transport out of there, one of the explosives that was planted didn't blow up. It was attached to a plane. The plane should still work, they could disarm the bomb and fly back to base if they needed to.

I think that our orders were to capture banks, but if Clive gets his computer, this would be an acceptable outcome.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

147 Reviews

Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:14 am
sabradan says...

I don't know. I don't like how everything because YWS based. meh.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

863 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:19 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Just a funny idea.

I think that if we do have another unit come, it should be a second EAGLE team we haven't met yet.

147 Reviews

Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:48 am
sabradan says...

Thats a better idea than SPEW

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:43 am
Firestarter says...

Yeah, I don't like the idea of SPEW.

I think a better idea would be to find out Banks has a secret helicopter or something and ride away on that.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:37 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

More likely than not, the helicopter would be in the building they're in now, since they would retreat to a place where they can escape.

I think it would be better if Banks escapes.

147 Reviews

Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:05 pm
sabradan says...

I don't think Banks should escape because I don't want to spend the duration of the story book chasing some colombian cartel when there are terra-ists to kill.

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:53 pm
Firestarter says...

Yeah, we could do so much cooler missions.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:48 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Fine, let's kill the guy and get back to base. Deal?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:52 am
Firestarter says...

Yes. And then we can start to think about how to propose new missions and plan them properly, and make more co-ordinated posts, where everybody knows where everybody is.

This Columbian mission has had every character with a different map in his head ... and it hasn't worked. Characters have jumped from the armoury to the hangar in one post. I think we just need some rudimentary map for every mission ... just a five-minute job in MS Paint or whatnot. Then a clear mission briefing.

To be honest I wouldn't mind doing this: my character is supposed to be an intelligence officer anyway.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:47 am
Ares says...

Sounds good Jack. And I think if we're gunna get any more teams it should just be a second EAGLES. Also, why can't we just capture Banks and deliver him to the DEA? That'd make our first mission a rough success.

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:57 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

Hey, i'll create the maps, i have photoshop/paint. All i need is a little help on planning things out and i can create them.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.
— Leonardo da Vinci