Young Writers Society

LSS: Channel Pirates

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:59 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Channel Pirates

For thousands of years, ships have feared pirates, from the moment they see the flag on the horizon, to the instant their ship is sunk. Stories and legends tell of a multitude of treasures hidden on well-protected islands designed to slaughter anyone who attempts to enter.

When the allure of the ocean reaches a small cargo crew on a steamboat, they cannot resist, yet they never leave their usual channel. With a boat too weak to survive the harsh ocean, these sailors never attempt to venture to the unknown, but they are always chasing their ultimate dream!

Simply being a sailor is not enough: especially not for the Channel Pirates.

CAST

1. tweezers
2. ChesTacos
3. InuYosha

they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:43 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Claudius Morgen

February 22, 1903

Claude frowned, staring at the horizon longingly. In his eyes, the channel water was murky— murky with the filth of humans. For every single boat that humans put into the channel, it got murkier, cloudier, full of human residue.

Most people couldn't see what Claude saw. Then again, most people didn't have Claude's eyes. Claude could feel the water. He knew when it got mad, or when it was feeling blue. It was usually blue.

His crew was not only inexperienced, but it was pitifully small. If Claude could visit the open ocean, he would, but there was no way, especially since his crew was in a very hazardous financial situation

The sky that day was partly cloudly. The sun was hidden behind the clouds, as if to shield itself from the horrors of human civilization. The clouds themselves were dark and ominous, foreshadowing an incoming thunderstorm.

He leaned close to the water and whispered, "Will it be bad?"

The water replied, sloshing around and crashing against the side of the tiny boat.

Claude sighed. That bad, huh.

Since the entire boat was small enough for anyone to be within shouting distance, Claude raised his voice, something that he rarely did. He used one of their favorite phrases of warning. Of course, they didn't use them in public; it was too embarrassing. But when they were out in the channel alone, they couldn't help it. They loved pretending to be pirates.

"Gangway!"

[235 Words]
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

218 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 218
Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:53 pm
View Likes
creaturefeature says...

Farley H. Montgomery

February 22, 1903

Farley crossed his arms over his chest. The winds were starting to pick up speed, and he knew what that meant. He was a man of boats, after all. He knew them better than the back of his hand.

For now, he got to spend most of his time on one. It wasn't the best boat, but it kept itself steady. There were people too, most coming from the same situation as him. You see, times have been rough lately, and being out in the water got rid of the feeling; not for long, but it did.

It wasn't great water, but it was still water. Not an ocean or anything, but it felt like home to him. It called out for him, and he called out for it.

He looked to the sky, wondering what the future wanted from him to cause such dreadful clouds upcoming. Sure, he was a man of boats, but he wasn't that good of one. They were easy to look at, sturdy, strong, and just always there. People depended on them, Farley being one of them.

It was a lot to handle. He found himself drowning in the thought of it.

This wasn't the first time, and knowing him, it wouldn't be the last. There were better things to think about, though. A few were how the sky progressed into more dark and how the sun crawled itself away from what may happen. The skies knew things humans like him didn't have the capability to know and understand.

Another thing to think about would be the fact he had just heard someone shout out a call of warning, and he wasn't paying much attention to who did it and why they did. It always happens like this.

Being a pirate wasn't all that it was said to be, and being a fake pirate was an even worse experience. Farley swore by that.

[320 words]
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
— George Santayana