The Lake In The Woods

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Tue May 25, 2021 1:05 am
View Likes
Lib says...

The Lake In The Woods

You’re kayaking on a lake far from home, in the middle of the woods, and the only person you know well is the lifeguard because you come here every year to camp for the summer, and the lifeguard is always here. There are a few other kayakers and paddlers and canoers around. Some look familiar, because they come here every year to camp as well, but some you’re not so sure about. It’s only the beginning of camp, so you’re sure you’ll have time to get to know the others.

This year, though, things are strange.

The weather is way colder than usual, and you feel goosebumps run up your arms as you start to notice the slowly darkening sky. The few lamp posts around the lake start flickering, but their reflection on the lake’s surface doesn’t move. The wind is louder than ever, and it sounds like it’s humming a tune. It’s not menacing; more… consoling. You try getting out of the lake but the lake currents start getting stronger by the second.

Before you know it, your head is underwater and everything’s gone black.

Rules

1. Be kind to your fellow roleplayers.
2. Don’t control anyone else’s character without permission from their writer first. If you want to have your character conversing or being in contact somehow with someone else’s character, you can try collaborating with the other character’s writer.
3. Please don’t make any major plot twists/changes without my consent first. I’m always up for scheming, so don’t feel shy, we can work on it together!
4. There can only be a maximum of six writers in this roleplay, including me. If you need to drop out of the roleplay, don’t worry, it’s not a problem, we understand, but please don’t ghost us before letting us know. :)
5. Any discussion about the roleplay can be done in the OOC thread.
6. Most importantly, have fun! <3

The Writers

1. Liebensteiner
2. Magebird
3. Valkyria
4. rida
5. HarryHardy
6. ShadowVyper

453 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 25, 2021 11:18 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Spoiler! :
Nyx Comet (she/her) is an eighteen year old girl who has been coming to this camp every year for the past five years with her older brother. Her brother has a fear of being in lakes, oceans, ponds, pools, you name it, so he wasn’t one of the people who are now underwater.

She’s tall and athletic - she was on her school’s basketball team. She has a natural skin tone, and a pretty deadpan look all the time. She has glasses, the big circular wired ones. She has long brown hair that’s always tied up on her head - looks more like a nest, but y’know.

And since this is a fantasy roleplay, she has powers - she can make fire and water.

Nyx’s nose twitched. And her neck - oh the pain. She opened her eyes and sat up straight. She was underwater. She was literally in the lake she was kayaking so comfortably on the surface of. The winds and currents had grown stronger, the sky had gone dark, the lamp posts had been flickering all of a sudden and now… This was definitely strange.

The lifejacket she had on - where did it go? She looked down at her clothes. The same black t-shirt and leggings. She secretly sent a prayer to the lord, thanking him that she hadn't worn see-through colors.

Nyx groaned at the pain in her neck. She thrust her hands up and tried squeezing the sides so the pain would stop but it felt like she was suffocating. It felt like there were deep gashes in her neck. Nyx’s breathing quickened and panic surged through her. She opened her mouth to talk, but bubbles came out instead. “Ahurgh-” she tried to talk again. It was definitely going to take some time to get used to.

She got up - and mind you, it took a while because it was like there was no gravity. And… Her clothes felt wet, but they weren’t? If you had asked her to explain the experience, she would’ve given you a blank stare.

Then she noticed the other people around her who were slowly starting to gain consciousness. They were all familiar faces; she had seen some of them and even said hi when they passed by each other on their paddle boards or kayaks or canoes.
*insert quirky signature here*

4093 Reviews

Reviews: 4093
Fri May 28, 2021 10:18 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Susan Reyana Danvers
Appearance: She's exactly 5 feet tall (not a millimeter/ 0.039 inches) more than that. Shoulder length bright red hair (outrageously red to the point that someone would be skeptical if its real). Blue eyes. She's about average size for her age, not muscular but not exactly a walking skeleton either. She's also very pale.

Now...as she originally is...she is very much dead...yup...she died sometime in the year 2020 I think...as a 17 year old...but she's been dead for about two years when this story comes out....she, her sister Daph and Daph's girlfriend kind of chose this option to complete some quests and get out of the underworld and yes...Harry Hardy was responsible for creating these options...just fyi for those who know all of three of them.

So this kind of makes her a ghost...but not a ghost...like a mix between a zombie and a ghost...she would qualify as a part of the undead..but she's still very much ghostly...think of her like ghost from ant man and the wasp...she's solid occasionally and not so solid most of the time...she never has to eat or drink...and that's kind of her powers here really. That trio sort of travels time as superheroes...and they are technically wearing what they wore on their deathbed but automatic glamours cast on them by the lord of the dead in my world {Harry's brother} means they appear to be wearing what you would expect a normal teenager from the time period they're in to be wearing...superheroes that can see through glamour can seee what they're actually wearing though.

So...tldr...Sue can phase through stuff, and be invisible...she's had this power for about a year at this point so she kinda has control over it but not really...its not so much a power as a side effect of her state of being...at any rate, she can occasionally be super strong or fast, or sometimes the total opposite...the point is...its in constant flux. And she's known throughout time as The Phantom...for those that care to keep track of time travelling beings that is.

Name: Daphne Rose Danvers
Appearance: She's a hair over five feet tall, just a tiny bit taller than here sister, she's also got shoulder length red hair and blue eyes. She's a little more well built than her sister to the point she does look slightly muscular but she's also very pale.

Now she is also very much dead....died along with here sister in fact. She's also kind of like her sister, in that she doesn't need to eat or drink or anything...but of course she's not glitching like her sister, she is totally solid and pretty normal looking besides how pale she is, and how her skin is super cold. Normally she doesn't breathe in the first place...so that's helpful underwater??.

Uhh she was given the power of electricity control and air control for backstory reasons I can't mention...because its the same as in RoHG and I don't want anyone ;) accidentally reading that...xD....aaand well those powers will be totally useless underwater because well...electricity and water = bad and air just doesn't exist so she might as well not have powers...xD.

Susan nearly screamed when they went underwater. It wasn't that she was afraid of drowning, they couldn't really drown after all. She'd become very familiar with that when they'd had to dance around that old pirate ship. It was the atmosphere that had surrounded them. The lampposts had flickered, the wind had picked up, humming an eerie consoling tune of some sorts. It was textbook horror movie material and that was the last thing she wanted to be experiencing on the one little holiday she got with her sister. And before she could think of anything else, she passed out.

When she came to, she was still underwater. She looked around, searching for her sister. She saw several other people around them, some of them familiar faces from before in the lake. She was sure she'd said hi to at least a couple of them, well her sister had, she's mostly smiled and stuttered things.

Speaking of her sister, she saw Daphne slowly coming to right next to her. She tried to talk but nothing but bubbles came out of her mouth. Well, that would make communicating with people difficult. Luckily she was pretty good at talking with her sister through expressions alone.

Daphne raised her eyebrows quizzically at her, gesturing towards the people around them.

Susan shrugged.

Daphne, pointed towards the only person who seemed to be fully conscious, a girl that looked about their age dressed in black.

Susan nodded and the two swam towards the girl.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat May 29, 2021 12:04 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Eli Novelo [he/him; 16]: A boy with mousy light brown hair and green eyes. He looks the boy down below, and is currently wearing the same outfit: a black t-shirt, denim jacket with the sleeves rolled up, cargo pants, sneakers, long/finger-less gloves and a messenger bag slung over one shoulder. I've had him for awhile but never really fleshed him out, so this roleplay is a chance for me to test-run him. I think he can come across as introverted, incredibly observant, and definitely a little...weird. I've only written him a little bit, so that's the best I have for his personality right now. >>

Levi Whitby/Zero [he/him, ?]: Only Eli will be able to see him. Levi appears to be somewhere in his teens, but it's hard to pinpoint an exact age to him. He has short, messy black hair and dark brown eyes. He's also wearing a private school's fall/winter uniform. It's been a hot second since I've written him, too, so his personality might be a little off from how I describe here. Like Eli, he's observant. He also has a knack for analytical things and solving puzzles. Whenever Eli brings Levi/Zero up, it's almost always as the person he goes to for help doing research and figuring out tech issues. I'd say he's more dorky/awkward than weird, but he could also be considered pretty strange to anyone who knows him.

When Eli came to, it was to the slightly muffled sound of Zero panicking.

The last thing he remembered was kayaking on the lake. Zero had somehow managed to squeeze into a one-person kayak with him; all the canoes and two-person kayaks were taken. The wind had been strange. The water had, too. And the lights had flickered, which was typically a sign of a haunting.

Then the kayak had been overturned, and both Zero and him had been thrown into the water.

He opened his eyes.

He was still underwater.

There were other people there, too, but it was Zero he was the most concerned with. Zero panicked over some things, but never like this. He never grabbed at his neck like there was something on it.

"What's wrong?" Eli said, the words coming out with a flurry of bubbles. Huh. That was odd. He wasn't drowning, was he? He hadn't ever drowned or even almost drowned before, but he assumed it would be more painful and suffocating.

"There's slits on my neck," Zero said. A torrent of bubbles escaped his mouth as he spoke. "Eli, someone cut me."

"But no one could have hurt you," Eli said, furrowing his brow.

Zero gave him a look that very clearly said that was the problem.

...But now that Eli thought about it, he could feel slits on his neck, too. And when he breathed, it didn't exactly feel...normal. He wasn't naturally breathing through his nose anymore. The slits on his neck were moving with each breath.

"Take your hands off your neck," Eli said, swimming over to him. Zero didn't look he wanted to in the slightest, but he did as requested. Eli stopped next to him. His theory was confirmed when he saw Zero's slits moving, too.

"You weren't cut," Eli said. "Those are gills. I have them too."

"Like that makes it any better-" Zero started to hiss, but stopped when he caught a glimpse of the others who were underwater with him. "You shouldn't be talking to me right now."

Eli looked at him. "You're my best friend."

"And you're the only one who can see me," Zero said, bubbles spilling out of his mouth again. Eli absentmindedly wondered what the other people in the water would see when Zero spoke. The bubbles were tangible things, like when Zero pushed him a moment later to get him closer to the others. They might not have been able to see what Zero was doing, but they could probably see the effect of what he was doing. "I've done my best to make sure your mom and sister don't find out how weird you seem at school, but there's no tech for me to manipulate here. You have to act normal for once."

"That's hypocritical," Eli commented.

Zero just gave him a very strong push in the direction of the girl wearing black and the two who had to be sisters.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sun May 30, 2021 6:37 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Spoiler! :
Aeron Munen [he/him; 19]: Aeron is tall (6'2") and lean, but well-muscled and very athletic. He has fair skin and brown hair that he keeps in a ponytail at the base of his neck. He's witty and good at making people like him but shares very little about himself. He's one of those people who you feel like you've known for ages, even though you actually know very little about them besides their sense of humor and public persona. He notices a lot and tends to be thoughtful before he jumps into anything, but he can keep his cool even when there's a lot of pressure or danger.

Nope.

Aeron wasn't sure what had happened, but he wasn't okay with it.

He was on his feet before he even finished opening his eyes, trying to remember what had happened. He inhaled sharply, blinking to clear his vision. He'd been on the water. Now he was under water.

He caught his breath as soon as he realized.

But it hit him half a second later that he'd somehow managed to take a breath... or... had he? He felt vaguely unsettled and not quite sure he was in control of his own body.

He looked around and realized there were other people around -- he'd noticed each of them on the lake. What were the chances that they'd all fallen out of their canoes at once? For that matter, what were the chances that he had flipped his kayak? Low. That's what the chances were. Almost non-existent, in fact. His eyes landed on the nearest people and saw that they all had gills on their necks.

Nooope.

He still wasn't sure what was happening, but he still wasn't okay with it. His chest was starting to burn from the lack of air so he tried to swim up to the surface, but his body wouldn't let him. He strained harder, a bit of air escaping his mouth at the exertion.

To his surprise, it sent a shudder through his neck. He reached up to touch it and his eyes went wide when he realized he had gashes in his neck and his fingertips brushes across filamentous gills. He definitely wasn't okay with that.

He let out a surprised yelp that disappeared into a cloud of bubbles in front of him, then inhaled despite himself. The water tasted vaguely like fish mixed with dirt, and tickled his neck as it passed through, but relieved the burning sensation in his chest.

He was asleep.

That was the only explanation for this. He didn't usually realize he was asleep when he was, but it always made the dreams more interesting when he did. Well, if this was a lucid dream, may as well go see what nonsense his brain was cooking up this time. He made his way towards where the other people were starting to gather.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:41 am
View Likes
rida says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Quentin
Appearance: brown eyes, chestnut-brown skin and brownish- black hair that is cut a little too short. Red T-shirt which has worn out words that say: “all men are created equal, but those born in March are better”, and murky green cargo pants.

Usually, when you’re kayaking at a nice, peaceful lake, of the camp, in the middle of the woods, with silent kayakers and a silent lifeguard who’s been there since before you can remember

You don’t expect any adventures.
You don’t expect a goosebumps book to come flying into reality with you, being protagonist.

Or, one of them, at least.

When Quentin’s kayak was upturned and he was drowning in the water, he wasn’t worried. Sure, he felt a little surge of panic in his stomach, and his natural instinct was to flay his arms uselessly like he had never taken any swimming lessons, but he managed to suppress all that, and try to sleep.

This strange, somewhat irresponsible behaviour would’ve surely surprised you, but Quentin felt sure that this was just the beginning of a magical adventure with wizards, magic and Hogwarts. (He was a huge Harry Potter fan)

So he held his breath, shut his eyes, and tried to lay perfectly still, waiting for a magical Hagrid to come striding in, save him and explain to him all about his magical family, his ‘parents’ who were actually a wizard and witch, but couldn’t say that because of some top secret mission he would soon find out.

It was hard work
He tried to count the seconds

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12…..

He gasped, opened his eyes, and immediately swallowed a lot of water. He coughed and gagged, releasing a string of bubbles. Holding your breath and trying to lay perfectly still was hard work, and torture for the poor child.

The strange thing was, though, that he could breath perfectly normally, almost as if he had gills.
His eyes widened as he squinted his eyes and almost strained his neck to see that he had gills

He looked around. A lot of people were there too, all looking confused, and some, terrified.

He felt a sudden surge of excitement and tried to jump, failed, and panted, because he’d just used all the energy he had in being excited.

He sighed, bubbles flowing from his mouth. The only person here who looked like this was all perfectly normal and a part of a super-structured plan, was a girl in a black dress.

He walked swam, towards the girl, waiting for an explanation.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:44 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Nyx stared at the people who were slowly approaching her. The confused looks on their faces made them look more like zombies, and the gills-that-looked-like-gashes made them look like zombies who were after her. She wanted to run away, and swim back to shore - which she tried and failed miserably - but somehow she stayed grounded on her spot.

Nyx took a quick glance at everyone There were two girls who looked so much like twins - both with the brightest red hair Nyx had ever seen. There were two young boys, both looked to be about fifteen, and another guy who was way taller than she. Her brain scoffed at her. And you thought five-eight you was tall.

"Does -" her voice cracked. She cleared her throat. "Does anyone know this place? I... um, haven't been here before. I've seen some of you up on the surface -" Nyx realized how stupid she sounded. Why would anyone already have been here? They all looked as lost as she was. She took a deep breath. Breathing in the water was actually getting easier. It's going to be okay, it's all going to be okay.

She looked around at the few people around her and desperately hoped someone else would do a bit of talking.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:58 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Oh great," Zero whispered from beside Eli, bubbles spilling out of his mouth. Eli looked over at him with a blank expression on his face. "They don't know anything, either."

Eli raised an eyebrow. "Would they know something about this?"

Zero hesitated.

"...Maybe," he said. He sighed and crossed his arms. "I was being optimistic-Wait. Eli, stop looking at me. They're going to think that you're weird."

Eli opened his mouth to protest that they were probably more concerned about being underwater and having gills, but Zero pushed Eli's head so Eli was facing the girl who had just spoken instead of his best friend.

Eli glanced over at Zero.

Zero just gave him a look.

Sighing, Eli mirrored Zero by crossing his own arms as he floated in the water.

"I haven't been here before," he confirmed. "I'm guessing that no one else has, either."

"Say your name," Zero hissed into his ear, sending more bubbles up from what had to seem like empty water to everyone but the two of them.

"My name is Eli," he offered. He gave Zero the briefest "are you happy?" look he had ever given and waited for the others to introduce themselves, too.
mage

queer and here.

4093 Reviews

Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:30 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Um, hii," said Daphne, as she stopped, letting herself hover in front of the girl, "and uhh no, this is just all very strange. I've certainly never been here before, well I have been underwater before, but never this spot specifically." She shook her head after the last part, her cheeks heating up as she realized how stupid her last statement had sounded. Great Job Daphne. Now the people you're trapped with in whatever this is will all think you're an idiot.

Susan nodded enthusiastically to what Daphne was saying. She was a little confused by the boy that had talked earlier. He looked like he was talking to himself every so often, or at least to a random spot of bubbles in the water. Deciding not to dwell on that, she turned back towards the girl as the boy introduced himself.

"Uhh, I..I...I'm Daphne," sputtered Susan, before she realized her mistake, "I mean, she's Daphne, I'm Susan." Her cheeks also turned a shade of red to match her hair.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

47 Reviews

Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:25 am
View Likes
rida says...

When bubbles are flowing everywhere and it’s hard to see anything at all, it usually means either of the two things:

a) you’re in a bathtub and you added too much of the weird soapy-thingy that adds the bubbles

OR

b) you’re underwater, because you forgot how to kayak, and you’ve sprouted gills along with a few other people so whenever anyone tries to speak, bubbles feel more than obliged to appear

Quentin had been silent as people said their introductions. To be truthful, he’d been largely disappointed that the girl in the black dress was just as much confused about everything as him, and he had hoped for at least one monster-encounter in which all of them would discover their hidden powers and then a magical Hagrid would come. (Really, he thought, what was delaying Hagrid? He wasn’t so clumsy when it was Harry’s turn. Maybe he’s getting old……. All the same, he does have Sirius’ bike….)

Then, when a few people started looking at him, he decided he wasn’t invisible after all, and no explanation was going to be coming his way, and he was getting bored, anyway.

“Hi, um. I’m Quentin. I’m pretty sure Hagrid is going to come any second, sorry for the delay though. Hagrid’s not usually like this.” He said apologetically, nodding towards his left.

“But the gills are kinda cool, right? Hey, I just realised! What if there’s no Hagrid at all?! What if……….. WE’RE ALL SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF POSEIDEN!” He found himself unable to contain all the newfound excitement (I know, it’s a wonder how he gets all the energy, he only eats one small helping twice a day, no dinner), and tried to flip again, but, failing miserably, hit his jaw on a nearby rock, (yes, in the river. It’s a strange world, get used to it!), and grinned.

“I’m fi-” he broke off, staring at the ‘rock’ he’d hit his head on.

“GIANT STATUE MEN!!!!!!!!! THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!”

Er, yes, in case you were wondering, that was Quentin
And, er, yes, he did just fail miserably on his jump attempts

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:19 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Aeron barely managed to keep from gaping as he watched the chaos unfolding in front of him. The boy that kept talking to himself. The twins who couldn't remember which one they were -- that was going to get confusing, trying to tell them apart, if they couldn't tell themselves apart. The boy hitting his head off a rock and getting excited about it.

He was getting more perplexed by the moment. Hopefully, his subconscious would sort this dream out soon so it'd make sense. "I'm sorry... what is going on?"

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:26 am
View Likes
Lib says...

"Eli," Nyx murmured, nodding.

She stared at the twins, half awed and half baffled at how identical they were. "Susan and Daphne." She didn't know who was who - that would take time to figure out. I'm good with names. It shouldn't be too much of a problem working it out.

Tearing her eyes away from them, she looked at the super-tall young man. "I know for sure that we're underwater." She coughed, not believing her awkwardness. "Obviously." Her eyes landed on Quentin. She wondered how in the world he could be so hyped to be underwater. And... was he talking about Harry Potter? And Posiedon?

Then her eyes landed on the statues. There was more than one. Nyx's jaw dropped, and when she looked around, she noticed they were surrounded by them. They were all made of stone, they all looked like they were frozen in time, in the middle of an action, be it running, walking, talking, anything.

"They have gills, too." Nyx said absentmindedly as she approached one of the statues.

4093 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:13 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Susan was going to combust in flames at all the new people starting to surround them now. This was getting out of hand. Meeting so many strangers at once should be illegal. And then Daphne was tapping on her shoulder pointing towards something else. Susan turned to see statues. Now that she looked around properly it looked like there were statues all over the place, frozen in various actions. One of the others was also talking about something to do with Poseidon and a vague memory of a similar story involving statues came to here.

"Daph, wasn't there some old story about a place surrounded by statues frozen in various actions?" asked Susan.

"Uhh, maybe," said Daphne, "what are you thinking? We're somehow in the lair of some mythical creature?"

"Considering our life at the moment, I would believe that," said Susan.

"True," said Daphne, "well if remember correctly, that was, Medusa?"

"Yes," said Susan, eyes going wide, "there are gills on them too. What if this is some sort of place where they lure people into make statues...now that I think about its a little weird, but are we in the lair of some...I don't know...

"....underwater Medusa thing," finished Daphne.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

47 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:27 am
View Likes
rida says...

Giant statue men have been the world’s wonders for many centuries. You can find a statue of a man in almost every town, and it’s almost always rusted, weird, and very creepy. With the exception of statues of Winnie-the-pooh, all of the others are very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, (yes, very) grand and overly dramatic.

In Quentin’s town, people were obsessed with statues. Especially statues of men cleaning their noses. If anyone thought that was gross, they were immediately abducted and shown a presentation of benefits of men-cleaning-their-noses-statues. The presentation was long and tedious, and often left a person ruined for life.
So people had learned, over the years, never to express their true concerns about the influence these statue may have to young children, or their opinions about its vulgarity.

When Quentin saw the statue men, he at first was very excited, because he felt he had just teleported his town’s statues underwater. But then, squinting at them, he was utterly and completely agitated and flabbergasted to see that none of them had their fingers even remotely close to their noses. He felt that the artisan must’ve surely been hit several times on his head to make such hideous statues, but that was before he saw these weren’t art.

Rather, it seemed as if Medusa had decided to take an evening stroll and left her sunglasses at home. He wasn’t surprised, he often saw hideous Medusa-looking ladies walk around without sunglasses, though they never turned people to statues. Later, he figured they probably wore those ‘contacts’ thingies. (He wasn’t very up-to-date with modern technology)

When a strange man with ponytail had introduced himself as ‘Aeron’, Quentin had found that very hard to believe, because his best friend at home was also Aeron. And he read in his computer book that no two people could have the same ‘email’ ID. So how could Friend-Aeron, whose ID card said he was ‘Aeron’ have the same name as this guy?
But he’d decided to be quiet, secretly becoming highly suspicious of him.

So Quentin had introduced himself, discovered the statue men, waved aside the realisation that no one thanked him, and then proceeded to realise that they could all be descendants of Poseidon, again waved aside the realisation that no one thanked him, and then listened to all people introduce themselves.

When Ponytail-Aeron said: "I'm sorry... what is going on?"
Quentin had narrowed his eyes, frowned, and then scoffed.

“Seriously guys, do you people know anything about Greek mythology?!?” He’d said loudly, proceeding to explain, rather dramatically, about Medusa and her works-of-art.

He’d then smirked, proud of himself for being so clever, and deciding‘Sherlock’ was a name worthy of his possession.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:10 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maybe this could have been the work of something like Medusa, but Eli wasn't inclined to believe that. He floated closer to one of the statues and studied it as the others talked. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Zero following him over—and giving the others in the group nervous looks.

"Alternatively," Eli said, his voice loud enough for everyone to hear, "they might just be statues representing a group of people who had gills."

He was technically talking to Zero, but he knew the others probably could hear the conversation, too. He didn't think it hurt for them to be aware of what he was saying. They could probably use the theory, too.

Zero crossed his arms and shivered. "It's a creepy place to have statues."

Eli shrugged. He didn't point out the irony of a ghost being scared of something.

"But they look so natural," Zero added, swimming up so he was closer to the nearest one's head. "They look like they were caught in the middle of doing something."

"Maybe they were made with magic," Eli replied. "The sculptor might have also just liked sculptures that depicted daily life."
mage

queer and here.

The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitudes.
— Viktor Frankl