z

Young Writers Society

A decaying world

Reviews: 0
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:04 pm
View Likes
xenoboy05 says...

When scientists create a serum they thought caused rapid healing and an extremely fast cure for virtually everything of both plants and animals had a nasty side effect. It also caused rapid growth to the infected subjects and caused horrendous mutations. You will be a survivor, someone left to fight to survive, 6 months after the initial outbreak.

When you join, put your character's names along with information about them, such as age, appearance, etc. You do not need to add a back story. I just wanted to for fun.
Last edited by xenoboy05 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
The world is a stage and a stage is a world of entertainment.

Why does anybody do anything? Shear absolute boredom!

Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:13 pm
View Likes
xenoboy05 says...

Joster Detro Sotum

Appearance: Fluffy black hair, brown eyes, 5'10" slightly muscular

Backstory:He lived with his parents and 2 younger sisters out in the country, him and his family often hunted for food so Joster would gain some experience in a case like this. When his parents and sister went for groceries while Joster stayed home, due to a cold. When he got up when they weren't home after a few hours he couldn't find them in the house nor could he reach them through his cellphone. Then he saw what had happened on the news. When he recovered from the sickness, he piled weapons and supplies into the truck that was soon to be his, he headed for the nearest town. He was sure they'd take shelter somewhere there if they couldn't make it home. It looked like a zombie movie. But yet he saw no mutants. He got into a fire department building, no one. He decided to take shelter there for the night. He'd resume his search tommorow. Yet day after day went by and no sign of his parents. After 2 months of searching for his parents, he left the town and went to the city. And there, for the last 4 months, he's been surviving. Fighting off mutants and occasionally finding and helping survivors. Now he finds his home base in a city repair garage where he keeps his truck running and has ready access to more supplies for weapons.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:00 pm
View Likes
blueca says...

Is this setting close to modern day as far as technology goes?
i can't beleive it's not gender!
artim/artos/artims/arself
my name is the same as my user, or you can call me jan Laso!

romance makes me uncomfortable, please don't.

Sat May 01, 2021 3:13 am
View Likes
xenoboy05 says...

Yes, maybe a few things that are slightly ahead here and there but not much.

Tue May 11, 2021 12:31 pm
xenoboy05 says...

Joster wanders through the city, now searching for fuel. "I'm running low...I'm gonna have to find a funnel to get some fuel out of the left over cars or hopefully find some left over in a gas station further away." Joster said to himself. He's carrying a hunting rifle and a backpack with supplies in it.

Joster then spotted a herd of the mutants, he ducked into a building. "Great." The herd slowly walked past but stopped in front of the building he was in. "Are you joking?" He whispered to himself. He looked around, every doorway was barricaded. He knew he couldn't break them open without making noise and attracting the mutants. "I'll probably have to wait it out." Joster then sat down and kept his sight on the windows for the mutants and the doorway.

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:41 pm
Blackfire1 says...

Willow Aria Black
Appearance: athletic, 5'6", red hair usually kept in a long braid and a long scar down one side of her face.

Willow carefully stepped out of the alley she was walking down, her rifle drawn. Great. There didn't appear to be many hiding places on this street and there was a pack of mutants slowly wandering further down the street. She sighed and sat down to wait until they were completely gone. She adjusted the hunting knife sticking out of her boot and looked around the corner. The mutants were almost gone. She stood up and leaned against the house, ready to move as soon as possible

Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:36 pm
xenoboy05 says...

After an hour they began to move and the herd got smaller as they passed. They were more scarcely in the area now and he snuck out. Keeping his eye on the herd and stragglers. He sucked into another alley. A mutant approached but it was silent, it seemed to lack and facial orafices to make noise out of, he pulled out a hidden blade the stabbed the thing until it stopped moving. He was covered in the blood of it and would need to wash it off soon. He ran down the alley until he approached a small gas station.

Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:49 am
Blackfire1 says...

Willow stepped out and walked down the street towards what appeared to be an old hardware store. The door was open and one of the windows was broken. She stepped carefully to avoid the glass and surveyed the entryway. No sign of any mutants. She entered and casually walked through the shelves.
" I need an axe, rope and basically anything useful I can find" she muttered to herself. She froze at the sound of glass breaking behind her. Willow slowly turned around, her rifle ready to fire. She edged her way against a shelf, her back against the wall, waiting. Two mutants had entered, but hadn't caught site of her yet.
"Damn" she whispered. They were too close for her to take both with the rifle, but she couldn't knife two of them without getting killed herself. She shot a quick glance to her side and noticed she was next to a door with an "employees only" sign. That was her only option. Willow took a deep breath, opened it just enough for her to get in and slipped inside, keeping the door open enough to hear and see a little of what was going on. The mutants weren't moving much, which was odd. Being behind the door, she could shoot one and have enough time to pull her knife and stab the other one.
"Please, please let this work" she whispered, just before firing. Her aim was perfect, and the bullet went straight into one of the mutants head. Willow dropped the rifle and pulled her knife, praying she could move fast enough to avoid getting injured by the one running at her. She sucked at the last minute, turned and started stabbing with all her strength. The mutant fell to the floor and Willow stopped, picked up her rifle and walked back outside.

Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:07 pm
xenoboy05 says...

Joster looked to where he heard the gunshot. He began panicking, the herd surely heard that. He began running towards the gunshot. His gun was ready for mutants, as well as someone ready to fight. He wanted to leave but couldn't leave someone behind. They might've not known of the nearby herd.

It didn't sound far and he honed it down to a hardware store. It only took about a minute and a half go get there. Joster then noticed the two dead mutants on the floor as he slowly approached. "Hello? Anyone here?" Joster said in a normal voice. He was unsure if they left.

Joster decided not to enter the store and looked around. "Perhaps they left. But just in case." Joster took off his backpack and grabbed a can of spray paint and spray a small message on the ground. He sprayed the address of a secondary 'base' he had where he met other people and helped them, and then wrote information that there was a herd of mutants nearby.

Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:01 am
Blackfire1 says...

Willow walked to the front of the door and saw something bright on the sidewalk. She cursed to herself as she read the message. She could not fight of a herd by herself. Was the person still around? Willow decided not to yell out and started running down the street, in the direction of her house.

Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:59 pm
xenoboy05 says...

As Joster made his way to his secondary base, he heard the herd making it's way towards the direction of the gunshot. Hopefully the person made if away. A few minutes later he me made it to his little 'outpost'. He walked in and set his stuff down. He pulled out a rubik's cube and began to try and solve it.

how can i live laugh love in these conditions
— Orion42