z

Young Writers Society

The Prologue

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:41 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

The chaotic pinging and clinking of arcade machines creates an undercurrent of sound that you feel as though you've been hearing for hours, though you could swear you just got here.

In your head is a fuzzy memory of being on your way to somewhere...similar to this, though you're not even sure if your world has anything like this place. Still, it feels right that you're here. In your pocket (or fanny pack, if your outfit did not have pockets before) is a handful of quarters that never seem to run out, no matter how many you spend, and the arcade is nearly empty.

As you go to play the games, though, something seems...off, about them. You don't recognize them, which may not be a surprise, but something else is wrong. The characters and stories they seem to portray are...oddly familiar. Some of the character models, game titles, and premises seem to have been loosely based off of some memory or other. Still other games bear no relevance to you at all.

Something about the atmosphere is strange, almost dreamlike. This place feels somehow familiar and totally alien at the same time.

Spoiler! :
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=200&t=112175

Rules:

1) one writer may write up to 2 characters, exceptions may apply though so ask in the DT before adding more than that.

2) no taking control of other writer's characters

3) the serious injuring or killing of other writer's characters has to be discussed with that writer beforehand

4) if this is DND, I'm the DM, and I do have a plan for what is going on here and why, so please don't create your own narrative and take those decisions out of my hands, as some details may be relevant to future RPs

5) please put a short description of your character(s) in a spoiler before your first post

6) Have fun!
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

But even the worst decisions we make don't necessarily remove us from the circle of humanity.
— Wes Moore, The Other Wes Moore