Hey-Day Capriccio

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:29 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Susan Reyana Danvers
Appearance: She's exactly 5 feet tall (not a millimeter/ 0.039 inches) more than that. Shoulder length bright red hair (outrageously red to the point that someone would be skeptical if its real). Blue eyes. She's about average size for her age, not muscular but not exactly a walking skeleton either. She's also very pale.
Personality: Susan is quite shy and has to seriously pluck up her courage to actually start a conversation. She tends to be quite optimistic about things. She's also very attached to her sisters and parents.

Susan sighed as she finally gathered her things to head out. It had been a very bad idea to stay back to help clear up the classroom after their mini celebration for the end of the year. The three others who'd stayed back to 'help' had just pushed things around a bit until the teachers were still there and then vanished and there she was having to clean up pretty much everything.

After she was finally ready to leave, she checked her phone. She'd called her parents earlier to let them know she would be late and she had to tell them that she was leaving. Except there was one small problem. The phone had no signal. Somehow in the few hours since school ended something had happened. Shaking her head, Susan headed for the bathroom thinking it would be a good idea to drop by that before the long walk home.

Outside the bathroom, Susan could see two people talking to one another. It was a boy and a girl. The boy was either Kody or Jack, she could never tell which one was which, not that she'd talked to either of them anyway. The girl Susan realized with a start was Secret and froze in her tracks knowing very well that her cheeks had to be bright red by this point. She was one of the coolest people in school and Susan had never worked up the courage to even stammer out a hi.

Susan seriously considered just making a run for it but logic prevailed and she knew if she was going to get a chance to talk to her parents it was going to be from one of their phones.

Steeling herself and hoping she wasn't looking as much of a tomato as the heat on her cheeks indicated she walked up to them and tried for a hi, then changed her mind to say hey.

What came out was something that sounded like a donkey braying as she managed a "Hiheyhaw." She blushed even redder if that was even possible.
Last edited by KateHardy on Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:34 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That reaction was slightly more normal than Secret, but Kody still felt himself settling into an awkward silence after the newest arrival in the hallway spoke. If Kody hadn't seen how the girl was looking right at Secret, he would have guessed she thought he was Jack. People always acted like that around his brother. Jack had a charm that Kody never would have.

"Hi," Kody said.

He slipped his phone and his hands into his pockets. Eying the door to the girl's bathroom, he decided to just go for it and interact with the girl hiding inside it. She must have thought they were teachers. He couldn't ever imagine turning in his work so late that hiding in bathroom stalls and yelling at teachers was the only option left, but he still felt bad that she had been in there for so long.

He leaned up against the door.

"We're not teachers," he said. "The teachers left awhile ago-"

The doors at his old school were pull doors; you only had to push them from the inside. Kody hadn't expected the door to suddenly go swing inwards, and had been even less prepared for the moment where he went falling backwards into the bathroom. He tried to regain his balance, but he just couldn't get a good grip on the doorframe. It felt like his fingers were pushed off the smooth frame before he went sprawling across the tiles.

It was only when he looked up from the floor that he realized the door was a pull door, just like the ones at his old school.

But he couldn't see anyone behind the door that could have given it a pull inwards.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:43 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

"Okay, that's a relief," said Amber. She walked out of the stall and heard the noise of a door swinging open. Amber turned to see a boy laying there on the ground-- inside the girl's bathroom.

"Y-y-yo-" Amber, "W-what the heck are you doing in here!?"
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:02 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Kody groaned as he sat up.

That had hurt more than he had expected. He still didn't see anyone who could have opened the door, but it looked like the girl who had been in the stall hiding from teachers had finally come out.

"I fell," he said, still sitting awkwardly between the bathroom and the hallway outside of it. "I was leaning up against the door when I was talking to you, but the door swung open."

He knew what this looked like, but he hoped that she would believe him. He didn't want to add going into this bathroom as one of the many offenses his peers wrongfully thought he had committed.
mage

queer and here.

129 Reviews

Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:23 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

"Uh, there is nobody here, except for me . . . and the door swung open? By itself? I'm supposed to believe that?" Amber inspected him suspiciously, "What's your name, anyways? Isn't it like 'Jake' or something?"

so i took another nap

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:26 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

"Hey," said Secret. The newcomer's face was red, so she offered her a small wave in hopes of easing her nerves. The girl looked a little familiar, but Secret couldn't remember where she saw her before.

"I thought we were the only ones left," she said, gesturing to herself and Kody. Then, she heard another voice in the bathroom. "And that person, I guess."

Kody leaned against the bathroom door to assure them that there were no teachers anywhere in sight. Suddenly the door flew open, and Kody tumbled onto the bathroom floor.

"Are you okay?" asked Secret, hurrying forward and gripping the door frame. He groaned as he sat up, but he didn't look like he had hit his head too hard.

The girl inside the stall appeared, demanding to know what he was doing in there.

"He's telling the truth," said Secret, earnestly looking at her. "We were both right there with him, right?" she asked the red-haired girl. "And his name is Kody."
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

4075 Reviews

Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:43 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Hi," managed Susan finally, her heart deciding to skip a beat for some reason at Secret's wave. It could be so pesky sometimes. Before she could introduce herself the boy had fallen inside the bathroom and Secret rushed over to help him up.

She stood their temporarily frozen as she processed all of that and then Secret was turning to her and asking her a question. It vaguely registered in a logic center that was somehow still active and Susan shook herself out of her daze.

She quickly nodded. "He definitely looked like he fell down." She refrained from mentioning that she hadn't actually seen anything else because she'd been looking at other things or other people to be more specific. She took a few steps closer. So that was Kody. Lucky I didn't try to guess which twin he was because I would have totally guessed wrong and made a fool of myself.
Last edited by KateHardy on Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:46 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Someone had finally thought he was his brother. Kody wasn't really surprised, even if she had gotten Jack's name wrong.

He got to his feet.

...He wasn't used to other people supporting him like Secret and the other girl were. Jack and Chase would when they were there, but he felt like he barely saw the two of them lately. Both were at the cafe now, or even at one of their houses. He hadn't expected anyone to be so nice to him this afternoon at school.

"I don't know why it opened on its own," he said. "It's a pull door. It would have to be pushed from the inside, but no one is near it right now."

Maybe the door hadn't been closed all the way? He could have sworn it was, but what other explanation was there?
mage

queer and here.

129 Reviews

Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:22 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

"Okay," Amber sighed, "I guess I falsely accused you."

After looking at him for a while, Amber decided that his face was too honest to be doing something like that.

"Now we just need to figure out why in the world did a door open on its own. Either that or Kody here just got superhuman strength," Amber walked out of the bathroom.

so i took another nap

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:00 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Not to disappoint," Kody said, a little smile appearing on his lips, "but I don't even have normal strength."

He turned back to the door and gave it an experimental push. He didn't expect too much in response. The door moved like a door was supposed to move. Even if he pushed his whole body against it, he doubted it would budge like it had earlier.
mage

queer and here.

159 Reviews

Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:39 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Secret tilted her head, furrowing her brow.

"That's really odd," she said. “Our phones don’t work, and the bathroom door swings open by itself... What’s next?”

Secret folded her arms. “Well, let’s get out of here in any case. Hopefully, our parents or whoever are waiting for us.”

4075 Reviews

Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:15 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Uh hmm," said Susan, nodding in agreement as she tried to figure out why either of those incidents could happen. The phones not working had a lot of explanations, so many things could mess up a signal but as far as she knew bathroom doors did not swing open by themselves. It was definitely time to get out of the place, she was definitely not walking into a bathroom where doors opened by themselves. She said it out loud to make sure everyone understood. "I second that plan."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:21 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Kody stuffed his hands into his pockets.

"Finding the nearest exit sounds like a good idea," he agreed. He tried to remember the layout of the school. It wasn't that he had gotten lost; he had a better sense of direction than Jack ever would. But it was still unfamiliar compared to his old school, and he could use the mental refresher. "Who wants to lead the way?"
mage

queer and here.

129 Reviews

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:35 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Amber pointed towards a hallway, "Why do we need someone to lead the way? Let's just go down that hallway and be done with it."

What Amber forgot to notice was that when she came to the bathroom, there was only one hallway. When she came out . . . there was a new one branching out from it in a T shape.

so i took another nap

159 Reviews

Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:45 am
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Susan gaped at the hallway where Amber was pointing.

"That-that was not there a second ago," she said. It was never there, to begin with.

Secret had been at Ghast High for three years, and she had been down every hallway and through every door. Yet, she had never seen that particular hallway.

A sense of unease welled up in her stomach. "Let's not go down there. I don't like it one bit. Let's just go find the main entrance and get out of here."

She turned around and led the way down the hallway that she did know. The walk was silent and tense. Secret was sure that the others noticed how weird that hallway looked.

She was relieved to see the entrance just ahead of her.

"Goodbye, Ghast High," she said, and she threw open the doors... and she gasped. Her hands fell limply to her side.

"How-How is that possible? It shouldn't be possible!" she said.

There was no blue sky or a parking lot. It was another hallway.

An unfamiliar hallway with red tiles.

Remember when dad's shoulders were the highest place on earth and your mom was your hero? Race issues were about who ran the fastest, war was only a car game. The most pain you felt was when you skinned your knees, and good byes only meant tomorrow? And we couldn't wait to grow up.
— Unknown