142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:57 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

[ The End of the World As We Know It ]
[ Discussion Topic ]
[ a lz production ]

Britain began evacuating its citizens to Mars nearly two years ago. France followed soon afterwords, then what was left of the Baltic states, and soon enough, the entire world was loading rocketships with their citizens. No one that wasn't involved in the government, army, or space force knew what happened. One day, they were living their normal lives and the next day they were being forced out of their homes and loaded on to rocketships.

The explosions started detonating after Germany began evacuating its citizens. These explosions destroyed major cities such as St. Petersburg, Washington D.C, Paris, Tokyo, and London with ease. Officials and militaries around the world tried to figure out how to stop the explosions, but no one could. Soon enough, the world was in ruin. The radiation that emmitted from these explosions were different, though. It wiped out the general area of any living organism, made buildings crumble to the ground, but it didn't harm plants and within a few days, it was safe to be in the affected areas again.

Most of the survivors were rounded up and ushered into rocketships companies such as SpaceX provided. They were sent to Mars, never to see their home again. The rolecall wasn't perfect, though, and many people were left by themselves, stranded in the ruins of a once prospering country. The problem is, these people are dotted around the continent and the last rocket is taking off from the reminents of the Kennedy Space Center in a week.

Can you make it in time?

[ Character Sheet ]

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b] (first and last)
[b]Age:[/b] (14+ please)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Type:[/b] (human, alien, mix, etc [explained in the DT])

[b]Appearance:[/b] (pictures are optional)

[b]Personality:[/b]
    [b]- Strengths:[/b]
    [b]- Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]History:[/b] (short or long)

[b]Other:[/b]

[ Characters ]

-

infinite slots available

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:35 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Briana Frasor

"You don't have to be so rude," Briana said as she threw the last bite of apple on the ground. Her smallest dog, Checkers, ran at it and practically swallowed it whole. 
Briana shook her hand, trying to fling away the pain that Checker's teeth left, but it was no use. The pain stayed.

Objects in bags, boxes, and just by themselves were strewn about the room. Briana's stash of water bottles was safely tucked in the cabinet under the sink, but her rations of food were all on the counter. Well, not all the food. A few perishables were still in the ice trunk.

Icebear, Briana's large great-dane/husky mix, was sitting next to Briana on the couch. He yawned and licked her cheek, which Briana immediately wiped off. She stood up and stood in the middle of what would have been the house's living room. It was still the living room, but since Briana hadn't had anyone over in more than five months, it had slowly grown into her office, indoor garden, and a lavish space for the dogs. Some photos of the previous residents still hung on the wall.

"Ready to go?" She asked the two dogs. Checkers barked and Icebear didn't respond, "Alright, then."

Briana flung her personal bag over her shoulders, the dog's bag over her arm, and she picked up the box of food she had decided to take. It was at least a two day drive to Florida, but since she only had enough gas for fifty miles and she didn't know if she could get anymore later, she figured she better pack for much longer.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:11 pm
View Likes
MadilynReads says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Rebecca Thompson (first and last)
Type:Human (human, alien, mix, etc [explained in the DT])

Appearance:long brown hair, usually in a braid, tall (5’7 ish) riding boots, pink jacket brown pants. (pictures are optional)

Personality:Independant, country girl
- Strengths:has a horse, independent, strong, resilient, knows how to drive.
- Weaknesses:introverted, claustrophobic, strong willed

History: (short or long)
Born and raised in Mississippi but was at a camp in Louisiana and got lost when her family friends and camp mates got sent away. She learned that the last rocket was leaving from Florida and with her horse (yes she brought a horse to camp, it was a weird camp.) she has been riding to Florida trying to survive.
Other:The horse’s name is chestnut an that is her color too.

I pulled up on the reins as we, Chestnut and I, approached another abandoned city. I jumped off her and tied the reins to a tree. “Alright girl, you stay here and eat and I will go see if I can find any human food.” I knew I was at Orange beach, having been there with Daddy. The spaceship was said to be leaving from the old Kennedy Space Center. I figured if I followed the coast till I hit Flint Rock then traveled east till I hit the ocean then followed that coast, I would get there. This was going to be a long ride and my tushie already hurt.
Happy Reading!

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:01 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

The warm sand tickled her toes as Diana stood at the edge of the beach. She didn't know how long she had been standing there for. Perhaps all morning. The ocean was right in front of her. If she took two steps forward, she could touch the lukewarm water.

Her family used to come to the beach every summer. Diana hated getting wet, so she would watch her younger siblings dive into the water while she watched, the water up to her ankles.

Diana sighed and turned back, bending down to put on her shoes. Those moments were memories now; you can't turn back the clock.

She left the beach, walking across the empty parking lot. There were barely any people left in New York, but those left either kept to themselves or joined gangs. Diana had to learn to defend herself.

Picking at a scab on her arm, Diana hopped on top of an abandoned car on the side of the street. She sat on the top, resting her feet on the hood.

"The last spaceship leaves Earth at Kennedy Space Center in Florida." That's what the attendant had told her when Diana had finally made it to the station. "If you go there, you can board the ship. I'm sorry you couldn't make it."

Diana was sorry too. Her mother had been on that ship. It was the last time she ever saw her. But, if she made it this time, she could finally see her mother then. Diana gripped her staff.

"Guess, I'm going to Florida," she said.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:06 pm
MadilynReads says...

[are we still doing this?]
Happy Reading!

I drink tea and forget the world's noises.
— Chinese saying