The Haunted Holiday Lodge

Random avatar

Reviews: 63
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:47 pm
View Likes
NastyMajesty says...

Spoiler! :
Aight, imma just yeet out--

Nasty wandered off into the bushes among all the commotion. Suddenly, a portal appeared... into her beloved bed. "Heck yes," she grinned and hopped right in, disappearing among the warmth of her blankets.
"You guys have fun," she whispered from underneath. The portal disappeared at once, and as did Her Majesty of Nastiness.

178 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 178
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:35 pm
View Likes
MaybeAndrew says...

Andrew looked out at the gathering crowd of writers, trying to devise a way to defeat the group of possed snowmen. "Umm, yes, this is uhh, defiantly confusing. My last issues of Ghost Hunting magazine said nothing about Possessed Snowmen, but to me, this seems like an incorporeal physical manifestation of-"
@Harryhardy interrupted, the ever efficient, "That's all fine and dandy but how do we kill them?" He yelled, able to talk and battle the snowmen at the same time.
"Well, we'd want to do our research wouldn't we?" @Stringbean said.
"Yes, we must look at how this world was built, or else the way to kill them wouldn't make sense." @Vil added, "
@LadyMysterio snapped her fingers, "It's elementary my dear friends, We must look at the lesser-known works of Charles Dickens. He is the king of Christmas ghosts"
Andrew nodded, Charles dickens had written many more Christmas ghost stories than the Christmas carol. Maybe one of them talked about dark snowmen.
@Magebird smiled, "We need not worry then! There's a library in the lodge. I knew a YWS vacation wouldn't be fun without a bunch of books!"
"YAY, I LOVE READING!" Euphoria8 said, sending a couple of snowman flying back from pure positivity.
"Nice." The Lady commented.
Andrew smiled, finally, his countless hours of reading victorian ghost stories might come in handy. "To the library then?"
Previously Andrewknorpp, now less sure.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:08 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

LadyMysterio started walking as she said.” Yes, the Library!”
@magebird squinted” I haven't told you where it is yet?”

Lady stopped, turning her head, spotting @Andrewknorpp behind her,” I read the informational pamphlets, and observed the building when we arrived.”
Mage nodded.

She continued her stride towards the library, thankful Andrew had suggested it. It was the perfect place to find some information. As well as the perfect hideaway, with a cup of tea, when needed. It was much to peoplely here. Though she didn't mind @vils and Andrews company, and @euphoria8' s constant flow of positive energy. She wondered where @Stellarjay was.

Lady pondered the snowmen, perhaps she'd have to morph into her ghost form and do some midnight investigating.

Scanning the doors, she heard Euphoria skipping along with them.

As she was scanning she spotted a figure walking down the opposite way. Steallar Jay
Lady smiled, and waved her over,” stellar! Would you like to come join us? We are going to the Libary to figure out these crazy snowmen.”

Stellar nodded and joined them, walking beside Lady.
Spotting the large decorative oak doors of the library, Lady quickened her pace, “This is it.”
She waved an arm at the doors. Letting everyone pass, as she admired them. Tracing a finger over the skillfully made pattern. A shadow moved in the prereferral vison, Andrew was admiring them too.

“Too bad they don't make such magnificent doors in every house now,” he commented

Lady nodded,” Then let her hand fall from the door,” I suppose we should go look for some ghost replated information. As a ghost expert yourself, do you have any suggestions? For reading or just what might be going on.”

Vil ran up behind them @SilverNight hooked on his arm. Looking amused.

“Sorry guys, someone said Trump was great, I had to correct them.”

Shadow chuckled, and they both swept into the library, Lady and Andrew followed, gasping at the sight of the magnificent rows and rows of huge wooden shelves. All of them reaching up to the high ceiling. Ladders making the higher rows of colourful books accessible.
I know my worth, anyone else opinion doesn't really matter
-Agent Carter

178 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 178
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:28 pm
View Likes
MaybeAndrew says...

Andrew scanned the beautiful library, it didn't just have books, but each row of shelves ended in a piece of art. A bust of some bearded philosopher, a painting of a fair away land, a rusted sword for killing dragons, and many more sculptors, all more beautiful than the last. Countless common reviewers were scattered about, reading the many books, @Lunagirl over sitting on a couch, @lordmomo on a desk.
"Wait a second..." Andrew cried out, pulling a book off the shelf, "These are all works by YWSers! A book of poems by @ladygemstone, a novel by @RadDog13579, a picture book of planes by @LZPianoGirl," He paused, "Even the art on the walls, that bust of a bearded philosopher is @Arcticus, that painting is by @FlamingPhoenix, that sword is a three-d model of @Harryhardy 's sword!"
He fell back into an armchair. "We'll never find Charles Dickens in here!"
@squid, who Andrew had not noticed in the bustled tapped his nose and smiled,
"You need not fear, for Charles dickens was in the young writer's society, back when the website only came on parchment!"
@magebird smiled, "Oh, you site noobies, you don't remember the days YWS parchment!"
Previously Andrewknorpp, now less sure.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:01 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Mage had an internal confession to make: there was never a ye olde version of YWS. But there was a printer app she could use to print out a copy of it, and she wouldn't even get into legal trouble for it! A Christmas Carol was in the public domain.

(@Squid's joke had been too good to pass up going along with it, even though she was seriously regretting it once the words left her mouth.)

Not that she was entirely sure this was a holiday ghost. This could have been the work of a poltergeist that coincidentally got active around the holiday season. But having some kind of book to go off of sounded like a great idea, especially when the panicking had miraculously died down a bit.

"I'm going to check over there!" Mage announced, gesturing wildly in the direction of the printer. She hoped no one noticed it among the shelves. As she walked over to it on her lonesome, she whipped out her phone and started scrolling through her apps. Now, where was the wireless printer app? She had way too many apps open. There was Spotify open with the first episode of @Elinor's About a Girl podcast; if it hadn't been for the chaos, she would have actually been able to listen to it. There was her roleplay server over on Discord. And then there was good old Ecosia, open to the latest fic that when of her non-YWS friends had posted on AO3 just the day before.

But none of them were what she was looking for.

"Come on," Mage whispered, frantically glancing back over her shoulder at the group. If she didn't hurry, @Andrewknorpp was going to see right through her!

"Caw caw!"

Mage jumped at the noise.

When she turned, she saw none other than...

"@LoonyMaroony?" she said, raising an eyebrow. "What are you doing here? It's the middle of winter, and you're a tropical bird!"

The parrot just cawed again.

"...Do you need to use the printer, too?" Mage hesitantly asked.

"If anyone's using the printer," @lulon suddenly announced from nearby, "it's going to be me - I was here first. I need to print off all of my campaign posters!"

"She really does," @Icon agreed.

Nearby, @LZPianoGirl gave a nod. "We want the best for our daughter."

"But you're right around the same age-" Mage started to say, only to be caught off by Loony cawing again. The printer crew all turned to look at what was getting Loony so frustrated - apparently, it was a weirdly shaped book. Getting strong Scooby-Doo vibes, Mage hesitantly reached out a hand to grab it.

She gave it a tug.

A moment later, the floor opened up beneath the group.

Mage, lulon, LZPianoGirl, Icon and the printer all went tumbling into the darkness down below. As the floor shut with a very, very quiet creak, Mage really wished she had taken up @alliyah on her offer to run her through @KotGRCommander's survival boot camp.

Because whatever lay in the darkness down below, it couldn't be good.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:39 pm
View Likes
Icon says...

@lillianna, @Magebird, @LZPianoGirl, Icon, and of course, the printer screamed as they plummeted into the abyss. It wasn't long before they hit a cold surface, and Icon heard LZ's voice ask "Is everyone okay?"

"What's happening?" asked Icon, who wasn't particularly phased by the fall, she just hadn't read the entire RP that closely and was a little confused.
"I think we found a secret passage," said Mage carefully. "I'm not sure where it leads though."

"Wow, how'd you figure that one out?" said lillianna, with a distinct air of sarcasm.

"Watch your tongue young lady!" scolded LZ.

"Yes," said Icon. "Your mother and I are very disappointed in you."

"Just to be perfectly clear," inquired a confused Mage. "lillianna is the oldest one out of the three, right?"

"I mean, yeah, but I'm also the shortest so it makes sense visually." Replied lillianna.

Icon squinted into the darkness, searching for any signs of a way out. She could barely make out the dim lights of the cabin above them, and it was clearly too high for them to go back where they came from. She decided to try and locate the printer, instead. Because that is exactly what was important right then.

She could hear her companions talking about potential escape plans and the muffled shouts of those above.

"We should call your aunt @Liebensteiner and see if she can help us." LZ said to lillianna.

"Whose sister is she supposed to be again?" asked Mage, who was growing more concerned with this family the more she learned.

"Come to think of it," said LZ, "I really don't know."

"I found it!" Shouted Icon, scaring the bajeezus out of her fellow hole-dwellers.

"Dude, you're like three feet away from us and it's mad echoey in here, why are you yelling." Said an exasperated lillianna, who was now a frat boy apparently.

"Sorry," apologized Icon. "I just got excited because, well," she held up the printer, which was magically intact, and glowing with an angry red light.
Last edited by Icon on Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽
Life is short.
Reality is an illusion.
Eat the spicy nuggets.

‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽

-Previously IconspicuoslyAplacaing-

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:07 pm
View Likes
lillianna says...

this lodge was for sure haunted. the printer was glowing, the family plus @Magebird hadn’t died when they plummeted to the bottom of the void, and lulon was possessed by the ghost of “Chad”, the basic frat boy.

@Icon held onto the printer for only moments until it suddenly was glowing red with heat. she dropped it, making it shatter into pieces. “Icon! what have you done? we might have needed that!” @LZPianoGirl shouted. she collapsed on the ground like a limp starfish.

“aye, wassup with her?” frat boy lulon asked, doing the cringey ‘bro’ head nod. “lulon, snap out of it!” Magebird yelled at her. “dude, no need to yell. what is with you peeps and yelling. i swear i’m finna go deaf. ahahaha.”

“honey, i’m not doing this anymore. stop with this. i’m going to count to three and you better be back to normal.” and the powers of motherly authority scared ‘Chad’ off.

“my printer!” lulon cried, “how will i ever make campaign posters and print out copious amounts of harry styles pictures??” she sobbed into her hands while Mage consoled her. meanwhile, Icon was shaking LZ unnecessarily hard. “wake upppppp.” she whisper yelled into her ear.

LZ suddenly snapped back up, accidentally banging heads with Icon. they both started bleeding. “mom! mom!” lulon yelled, wiping the tears off her face. Mage used her magic powers to determine that they both had concussions. “can’t you use magic to help them?!” their daughter asked nervously. “i mean, i couldddd, but do i really want toooo???” Mage shrugged. “aight, some hands about to be thrown then.” lulon said, readying her fists.
i'm probably listening to taylor swift.
can you tell i love pink?

she/her

(previously harperlouise06 and lulon)

Random avatar

Reviews: 63
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:05 am
View Likes
NastyMajesty says...

NastyMajesty was thrown out of her sweet, warm blankets and spit back out the portal to find herself laying at Lulon's feet, Lulon about to step on her.
"NOOOOOOOOO PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!" She yelled, as soon as she saw Lulon readying herself for a fight against Mage. Nasty began to shiver profusely, now exposed to the cold in her giraffe onesie. She lay there, a trembling lil' giraffe on the floor about to be stepped on by a triggered Lu. She made a face, identical to ;-; . "MOMMYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!" She screamed for @ChamomilePendragon. "MOMMY COME HELP I'M SCARED AND COLD!"
Spoiler! :
yesi'mmakingareentrancecuslulonwantsmetookaygoodnight

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:59 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Siren snored gently in her thick, thick sleeping bag.

She snored in Morse Code, 'Do not wake me.'

One month prior she made the trek to visit @Antarcticus to help him prepare for the Yuletide season, only to find she had come far too early, so she found a hidden compartment in the rafters of the holiday lodge and went into 'hibernate mode.'

'MOMMMMYYY!' screamed @NastyMajesty.

"Mnuh," grumbled Siren from her muffled layers.

"WHAT NOW? I HAVE A PRINTER TO AVENGE-" screamed @lulon.

"THERE IS A GHOST IN THE RAFTERS I HEARD IT SNORING!" shouted @Hattable.

"Ha'buhl wasn' herebefurr," groaned Siren. "Whossallese peppuls."

"IT SPEAKS IN TOUNGUES!" exclaimed @LordMomo.

"WOULD IT HELP IF I POKED IT WITH A STICK!?" yelled @Squid.

"NO-" yelled @Magebird.

"Oh, sorry," said Squid, already in the midst of poking.

BAMP. BAMP. BAMP.

Siren rolled hard and furiously and the hatch gave way and she fell with the force of a great spinning burrito of regret.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGH-Oh hey bud, how goes?" said Siren. Magebird had caught her.

Hopefully, her friend had forgotten about that last tagbook by now. It was a funny story, really-

That very second, nu metal began to echo down from the hidey hole. Specifically, Fallen, the Evanescence album from 2003 on an aging, banged-up cassette player.

"...Did you bring an Evanescence tape with you?" asked Mage.

"I didn't bring a cassette player." said Siren.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

seeing this tag and going "oh what's this? :)" then getting slapped in the face with shady's good grammar is the worst thing that's ever happened to me
— SilverNight