Young Writers Society

The Cantina

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:55 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Evaline stared as Télos slid the pumpkin pie plate closer to her, but after Amy's outburst, she was no longer interested in pies, or food, or eating.

Or the people around this table, for that matter. Why was she even here, at this table? Better yet, why was she at this place? Was no one else bothered by this?

Amy and Bo seemed to continue their conversation, but Evaline was no longer interested. Not in the conversation, not in them. She just wanted to disappear and sleep and hope that this nightmare would end. She hated not knowing what was going on.

Without prompt, she scooted her chair back and stood up, careful to not make eye contact with anyone as she began to walk towards the hallways at the back of the restaurant. Realizing that she may have looked a bit dramatic, she stopped and bit her lip, trying to think of something to say that would excuse her behavior.

"I'm going to try to find an exit," was the best thing she could think of as she walked forward again, entering the nearest dark hallway.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:28 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo laughed a little at Amy's comment, but it wasn't because what she said was funny. He didn't know how to respond to that.

"Well--" he started to say, until Evaline got up and walked away.

"You know, that's actually a very good idea," Bo said.

As nice as food had been, Evaline's plan had been, probably, the first reasonable suggestion any of them had in a situation like this. Try to find a way out.

Normally, he would've done the same. When did that change? He didn't really have time to dwell on that.

He looked down at his half-eaten food and pushed back his chair, standing up. "We should probably all try to find a way out. Food was nice, but I think we can all admit none of us belong here, or meant to come here, and all of this is really weird. We should really try to figure out what's going on, and finding an exit should be a good start. I think I'll join Evaline."

He followed after her into the hall.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:13 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Télos awkwardly glanced back at the two remaining in the main room.

Evaline had seemed okay once they started talking about pumpkin pie, and Bo had been a little more understanding when it came to gods. Even though Télos liked the idea of finishing his pumpkin pie, he liked the idea of sticking with them even more.

He got to his feet.

"I'm going to join them," he said, giving the two a slightly nervous smile before darting after Bo and Evaline.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Nouns can verb very well actually, they verb better than some verbs do.
— winterwolf0100