Daybreak

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:36 am
View Likes
AceassinOfTheMoon says...

"Y-yeah. I'm Kamea's sister. My n-name's Astra."
this is Ace erasure and I won't stand for it— silv

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

Ace, you’re aggressively loved. Accept or perish.— Wist

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:54 pm
View Likes
Stringbean says...

[Shoot, I keep forgetting about this, sorry guys]

Evelyn nodded slowly again as she kept slicing. The flower was crumpled inside her palm, hidden from view, but nothing else felt as clearly real as it did just then. The petals were soft, almost silky against her skin, the short, thin stem cool to the touch.

"I didn't see you when I came in, sorry."
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

13 Reviews

Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:54 pm
View Likes

[All good :P]

Astra shrugged a little and shyly tucked a bit of her hair back into the old, worn beanie she had on. Most of her hair was scrunched into the hat, but several long, red locks were falling out. "No one ever does. It's fine."

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

37 Reviews

Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:11 am
View Likes
Stringbean says...

Evelyn swore silently in her head. She glanced at the people on the other side of her as her hand started shaking. Her knife slipped and smacked the cutting board loudly. She cussed under her breath as her eyes snapped back and she put the knife down. Holding the flower to her palm with two fingers as surreptitiously as she could, she quickly started scooping up the carrot slices. "I didn't mean it like that."
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

13 Reviews

Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:19 am
View Likes

"O-oh," Astra said awkwardly. She blushed and looked down. "I-I- um-"
Curse her lack of social skills. How did one respond to that?? How did one respond to anything??

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

37 Reviews

Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:18 am
View Likes
Stringbean says...

[I feel that, Astra, you poor thing]

Evelyn didn't seem to be paying attention though. She fumbled a little bit with the carrots until she finally had every last one of the slices, then started to turn. She looked back at Astra for a second or two, apologetic, a bit anxiously, then just as quickly looked away again and headed to one of the big soup pots. She glanced around as she lifted the carrots over the pot-- then quickly dropped them into the fire beneath the cauldron and moved away to the other side of the room.

She went to another open cutting board with her back to Astra now and cut something up quickly, then lifted her head and looked around. She seemed to spot something, and moved toward it with her fist closed at her side. A middle aged woman in a tattered apron was just finishing pulling apart the last of the late season lettuce heads and rinsing them in a bucket. Evelyn approached her, spoke a few words, then took up another knife and started cutting.

[So, Cham, if this is too much, let me know. I was thinking something like maybe Astra could see her being suspicious and then depending on what you want to do from there, follow her out or something, or run into her later or something. Do you have any other thoughts?]
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

13 Reviews

Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:25 am
View Likes

[I know, my sweet baby is so awkward and relatable ;-;
This is good! I can work with this. Astra can definitely follow her out and I guess we'll work things out from there? XD]

Astra, at this point, was blushing almost the same shade of red as her hair, and was very relieved when Evelyn walked away.
Also kind of offended.
But mostly just relieved.
She took a moment to try and pull her hair back under her hat, and as she did so she caught sight of Evelyn out of the corner of her eye. Without really meaning to, she half-frowned. Was it just her imagination, or was the woman acting... weird? Like, really awkward and suspicious?
It was probably just her imagination. Kamea always said she had an overactive imagination.
She returned to her task, but she glanced at Evelyn every once in a while, when she was sure the woman wasn't looking at her. Something was off, she could feel it, but she wasn't sure what or even why she was getting that feeling.

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:03 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

The moon was dimly lit in the sky above, a slim, curved crescent shining down upon the edges of the Thiran city. Smog lay in patches here and there. Everything seemed dead and quiet. Justinian sat in a bunker about a mile away. Any minute now, the missiles would launch and the Invasion of Thira would official begin. It was time these tyrants had been thoroughly dealt with once and for all.
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

37 Reviews

Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:01 pm
View Likes
Stringbean says...

AceassinOfTheMoon wrote:[I know, my sweet baby is so awkward and relatable ;-;
This is good! I can work with this. Astra can definitely follow her out and I guess we'll work things out from there? XD]

Astra, at this point, was blushing almost the same shade of red as her hair, and was very relieved when Evelyn walked away.
Also kind of offended.
But mostly just relieved.
She took a moment to try and pull her hair back under her hat, and as she did so she caught sight of Evelyn out of the corner of her eye. Without really meaning to, she half-frowned. Was it just her imagination, or was the woman acting... weird? Like, really awkward and suspicious?
It was probably just her imagination. Kamea always said she had an overactive imagination.
She returned to her task, but she glanced at Evelyn every once in a while, when she was sure the woman wasn't looking at her. Something was off, she could feel it, but she wasn't sure what or even why she was getting that feeling.

[I am sooooo bad about replying to this RP, what the heck ;-;]

Evelyn slid the cut up lettuce into a big wooden bowl and glanced around from the corners of her eyes. She sprinkled the finely shopped Heart's Thorn over the vegetables and quickly sliced up another carrot to throw in too. The middle aged woman she'd spoken too came up beside her and laid a hand on her shoulder. Evelyn started and finally nodded as the woman said something. She put her knife down and walked towards the door, casting one last glance first towards the salad bowl, then over her shoulder at Astra as she turned the corner and disappeared.
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

13 Reviews

Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:36 pm
View Likes

Acting fully on instinct, Astra waited a few seconds after Evelyn disappeared before dropping what she was doing and following after her. The tiny voice in the back of her head - which, interestingly enough, sounded a lot like Yamren's worried voice - told her that this was a terrible idea and that she was getting into something she shouldn't, but her heart tugged her forward, insisting that this was something she needed to check out.

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

37 Reviews

Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:52 am
View Likes
Stringbean says...

Outside, heavy shadows of night made it hard to see. The bit of moon that hung in the sky was shrouded by a slow cloud. Half way across the courtyard, Evelyn moved as a dark figure against the high stone wall, her arms pulled tightly to her chest and her head down. She was walking quickly, but then she stopped and leaned against the wall, turning her head to the doorway she'd come out of. She didn't recognize Astra there in the firelight right away, but when she did it was clear because she straightened, watching Astra from the darkness.
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

13 Reviews

Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:14 am
View Likes

If Astra could have vaporized herself on the spot, she would've.
This was such a bad idea, this was such a bad, bad idea, she knew she was gonna get caught and then she'd have to explain 'yeah lol thought you was sus' and it would be so, so awkward because Evelyn already probably thought she was a weirdo - who was she kidding, she was weird - and now Astra was stalking her and oh god could she just FALL DOWN DEAD NOW?????
She briefly considered just turning and running and then probably hiding in her room for the rest of forever.
She wasn't really good at the whole 'running' thing though, and that would probably just end with her flat on her face and making herself look even more stupid.

She took a deep breath and reconsidered.
Maybe Evelyn didn't think she was following her. She could've just been leaving, right? Leaving was a thing ordinary people did. They left buildings all the time. It was a perfectly normal, okay thing for her to do.
All she had to do was walk the other way and pretend she hadn't been following Evelyn at all.

... she'd been standing there for a really awkwardly long time, hadn't she. Evelyn definitely suspected something now.

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

37 Reviews

Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:48 am
Stringbean says...

In those awkward, silent moments, Evelyn had shifted her weight around on her feet, casting uncomfortable glances off to nowhere in particular and back to Astra. It was Astra right? And Astra was looking at her? She thought? Or she might be wrong, it was pretty dark after all and maybe-- Yeah, who was she kidding, Astra was standing there staring at her wondering what the h*** she was doing.

A shiver that was only partly from the cold stone against her back ran through her as she leaned back again. It helped her not to tremble. "D'you lose something?" she called.
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

13 Reviews

Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:52 am
View Likes

Yes, actually, I've lost my dignity, my sanity, and my ability to think straight. Thank you for asking.

"..." Astra made a squeaking noise that, if typed out, would probably look something like a keyboard smash. "N-no," she finally managed.

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Wed May 19, 2021 4:31 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

The RP was silent. The ghost knew what that meant. Ghosts, really. As if she'd be alone as she appeared in someone's unnecessary dream when her only true purpose was to bump this thread.

Does it matter?

Not at all.

She's here, and people will be happy.

Through the dream-like mist, Hope saw a figure condense and form someone she knew-- and knew well at that! "Freedom!" she cried.

Freedom smiled but said, "My time is short, Hope. Place your faith in the crown. Sinny won't lead you astray."

"I won't!" Hope promised. "I miss y--"
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

Be careful or be roadkill.
— Calvin