Young Writers Society

The Thirty-Seventh Hunger Games

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:26 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Devony Woodhull

Dew dropped on Devony's head. She groggily woke up, and despite the soreness in her neck, she felt okay. She untied the rope connecting her to the branch and quietly stretched her legs. Devony stood up slowly, trying not to slip. She stretched her neck muscles. Then she bent down and stuffed the blanket in her backpack and tied the rope around her waist.

Devony had fallen asleep on trees before. On weekends back in District Seven, she would go into the secluded part of the forest and climb the tallest tree, and she would take a nap. Her neighbor had taught her how to keep balance when sleeping.

He also told her that tree bark was nutritious. Devony had gorged herself on calories when she was in the Capitol, so she should be okay for some time. But, she took out her knife and whittled away at the bark until she found the inner layer. Devony started eating. Every so often, something made a sound, and Devony jumped, but it would only be animals.

Seventeen tributes still alive, she thought. She started feeling hopeless.

"Perhaps, they are going to kill me," she said quietly. Was this how Jay felt when he entered the arena? Despair. He had died in the first five days when a Career impaled him.

Devony took a deep breath. This is not the way to win sponsors, she thought. Sponsors meant popularity. It meant the Gamemakers would keep her alive.

Her tongue felt parched. There was a stream below her. Devony could climb down quickly, fill her bottle, and climb back up. She leaned down and listened for human sounds. Nothing. As she slung her bag over her shoulders, a thought came to her mind.

"I heard you sing, Devony," Aariz Willis had said, during her interview. Devony nodded shyly. "Will you sing for us tonight?" The audience had cheered, and Devony sung a few notes.

"Beautiful, just beautiful," Aariz said. "You could perform for all of Panem."

Devony grabbed the branch and lowered herself to the ground.

"If that's what you want, I shall gladly sing for you," she said to the hidden cameras. Devony started filling up her filter, and she sang a song that she was sure the Capitol's citizens would fawn for.

Devony drank some water and closed the bottle.

And then she heard mocking laughter in the distance. Devony's blood turned cold, and she froze.

Careers.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:16 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

Quentin Serval

The girl Quen saw before him was from his own district, he was sure of it. He remembered those wide, yellow-brown eyes that always seemed to seem seconds from overflowing with tears. She was a few years younger than him, but taller. Her arms, too, were toned with lean, sinewy muscles. Quen had never seen her in the fields before, so she must have been a mill worker. Her hair was cut short, shorter than his own, and it showed off the shape of her head. The expression on her face was fierce, and Quen felt his heart beat faster with fear. She also had a knife, serrated and sharp, which, now that Quen thought about it, was probably the most likely reason for his fear.

"Hey," he finally said. "You don't want to hurt me."

She said nothing in response, but clutched the knife tighter. Quen saw a flicker of terror in her eyes.

"I'm Quen," he continued.

"I know," she whispered.

He gave her his best smile. "Well, we're practically best buds already."

She did not smile back.

"And you are...?"

He watched her swallow, her eyes darting left and right. It might have been his imagination, but he though he saw her grip slacken on the knife handle.

"Amaranth," she answered.

"Well, Amaranth," Quen said. "Tell you what. You're going to put the knife down. And then you're going to walk over here. And you are going to tell me everything about what makes you happy."

It was something his grandma used to do, back when Quen was having a bad day. She'd invite him to sit, perhaps make some ginger tea, and ask him to tell her about everything that made him happy. It worked, most of the time.

Amaranth gazed at him. Quen knew she thought it was probably a trick.

"I promise, I won't hurt you." He held up his arms to show he had no weapons, and for good measure tapped his lame leg.

Amaranth did not lower her knife, but she did draw closer. Quen smiled at her again. "Come on. Districts stick together."

She gave a small smile at that, and then, to his surprise, plopped down beside him.

"Baked bread," she said. "The kind with currants my older sister used to make every Sunday. That's what makes me happy."

"Good answer," Quen said. "Food is always good. There was this rabbit stew my grandma made, when we could get rabbits. It was just... amazing. It had these little bits of spiced greens, and..." He trailed off, overwhelmed with the ghosts of tastes of home.

"Sounds great," Amaranth said. The knife had fully left her grasp now. "I remember my favorite stew was always mushroom. It was sweet, and also kinda savory. But it was all delicious."

"All this talk of food is making me hungry," Quen started. That was a lie. He'd been hungry before they'd started talking.

"Me too," Amaranth said. They both stared at each other, expecting the other to miraculously produce a feast from their jacket pocket.

"I guess neither of us have food," Quen surmised. Then he laughed. "That's... a problem."

"Yeah," Amaranth agreed. "It is. What should we do?"

"We?" Quen asked. He stared up at her.

"Districts stick together, right?" Amaranth grinned.

He chuckled at her echoing his own words. "Right." He glanced both ways, and then motioned for Amaranth to come closer. "You know what I think we should do?"

"What?" she asked.

Quen continued the conspiratorial tone in his voice. "We should go to the Cornucopia. See what we can find. I know I could do with a weapon, too. Not to use against you, of course."

Amaranth frowned. "But the Careers, they'll all be--"

Quen shushed her. "Yeah, I know. But I have a plan."
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:19 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Kate

Kate awoke to a bright day. They're going to start with just the usual sunshine I guess. The storms will follow. She slowly got to her feet, bones cracking in several places as she stretched out of the uncomfortable position that she'd been lying in. It hadn't been a very comfortable night.

She stretched, trying to get her body functioning again. She was on the banks of one of several little rivers that she'd discovered on the island. The banks were muddy and damp, but she needed water because of her frequent thirst so she had no choice other than to try and find a dry spot and settle down. The trees around her were all quite tall and she wasn't the best climber by any means so she'd found a large rock and managed to fit on top of it.

She recalled the way that she'd ended up there.

Last night had been a blur. After the shock of what she'd had to do, she hadn't stopped running, tears blurring her vision as she tried to run away not just from everyone else and the cornucopia but herself, as if she could ever run away from the thing that resided in her own head. She had no idea how long she'd run for, but she'd only stumbled to a stop after her legs had nearly given out and nightfall was approaching.

She took a look around the place that she'd ended up in. One of the rivers nearby the large lake that had been right next to the cornucopia. Her subconsciousness had routed her towards it even as she ran with no real sense of direction except to get as far away as possible. That was good. Water was going to be absolutely essential. She could go without meals for a couple of days and then try to hunt a bit. She knew enough about the wildlife and knew how to hunt. Water was not so easy. Especially not with her condition.

Wiping away the tears clouding her eyes, she set about trying to find a good place to lie down, rest and hopefully catch a few hours of sleep. She was absolutely exhausted from the fighting and running she'd done. The backpack that she'd grabbed could wait till morning. It's not like it was going to run away and the Careers themselves also had to have settled in for the night to sleep of their injuries from the day's bloodbath.

She found a decently clean rock and laid her bag down on it along with her trident. A grip. She quickly tore off a strip from one of her pant legs and made a makeshift grip for the trident. Then she gave it a quick rinse in the river before wiping it down. It was going to be her main weapon in the fight for survival. After that she arranged her backpack into a makeshift pillow, shifting around a few hard objects inside till she found a relatively a comfy part of it to lie on.

Then Kate lay down, making sure to keep the trident at arm's length and then finally let out a sigh of relief. She stayed awake until she could see those who had died that day. It had all happened so fast that she'd been unable to keep count.

As the photos were finally displayed, she silently wished for the thousandth time that they didn't have to go through such a thing. Even the idiots that had threatened her were all just a product of a society that the capitol had ultimately created all for their pleasure. She said a soft good night to all those still alive, wishing them all luck. She then took out her token, admiring the four little links.

After wishing her sisters all goodnight, she finally lay down to sleep, the trident in one hand, the other hand, tightly clutching the token, folded over her heart. She slowly entered the land of dreams.

She couldn't help the tear that made its way down her face even then. She patted the pocket where she'd stowed her token away safely as she woke up. Look at me. Day 2 just started and I'm already crying. They probably think that I'm the most useless now. She moved about, trying to formulate a plan for the day.

Once she'd had a drink of water, she decided that the first course of action before thinking about food should be to figure out exactly what was in the backpack that she'd managed to grab. So sitting down on a reasonably dry rock, she propped the bag on her lap and opened it.

The first thing that came out was a very thin sleeping bag. Of course there is a sleeping bag in there...and I don't find out until spending one night on a darn rock of all things. She dug deeper and found the hard object that she'd felt earlier. It was an empty black water bottle. Well now that is perfect right there. Now I can go hunting if I have to. She dug further and came on something that felt like leather. She pulled it out to see some kind of leather belt like contraption, several knives held inside. There were three small throwing knives and a couple of larger knives. Definitely have to go hunting. Looks like this backpack was made for someone who wanted to hunt.

She tied the belt around her waist. Then she used one of the knives to cut off a strip of leather from it and wrapped the grip of the trident with it, covering her previous cloth grip. Digging in further revealed a flashlight, some weird looking goggles she identified as night vision goggles, a first aid kit, a pack of dried fruit and a pack of crackers.

All in all, it was a generous haul, a lot of very useful hunting equipment and a few snacks that would help out quite a bit. Guess I should definitely go hunting at some point. Those idiots like to go around at night so that's not safe. Hmm...maybe I should rest a couple of days on that built up fat and these crackers...that's certainly enough. After a few days it should be safe enough as long as I don't use a fire or anything and stick to the night vision. Yaa that sounds like the best way. Now to spend today finding a good spot to camp out for a while.

Kate packed away the supplies, tightened the knives around her waist and then filled up her water bottle, which she tucked away in the backpack as well before picking up her trident and beginning the walk down the river. Hopefully there's some kind of clearing or maybe a beach.

It had been a couple of days and Kate was getting quite suspicious. She'd got the feeling of being watched several times over the past couple of days as she'd slowly made her way along the river, finding a route off from the cornucopia. Whenever she took a break to drink or to explore the area she could hear the sounds of the underbrush moving, as if something was following her and doing a very clumsly job of it.

She was sure that is couldn't possibly be the careers. They would have already attacked her by now in her sleep and made a lot more noise. This seemed like either a very curious and very carefully bred creature that the capital had cooked up or it was another tribute that for some reason was following her around.

At first she couldn't imagine why any of the tributes would want to follow her. She had kept totally to herself and no one besides the careers had really tried to even talk to her. She'd been the one in the corner doing her own thing for the most part because not everyone was exactly lining up to learn how to use a trident or doing advanced survival skills based puzzles.

Then she remembered the one person that might have a reason to come find her. This year's youngest tribute, the 13 year old from District 6. She couldn't recall what her name was, but if any tribute would want to approach her, the tribute that had volunteered in place of her younger sister, it would be that one. She decided that two days was plenty and the next day she was going to have to try and catch the girl in the act. Scaring her would do no good.

The next day, she moved much slower, she could sense that a beach, and a potential spot to camp out was close by and she wanted to try and catch whoever was following her. Just as she'd expected the same telltale signs of someone following her plagued her throughout the day. As the nighttime came, she decided that tonight was the night she had to go and get some food. Her crackers were nearly over and she was starting to feel quite hungry. She was going to have to catch her stalker and catch some food all in the next few hours. And also not get killed by the careers.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:34 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Cress Dawnville

co-written with @LZPianoGirl

Cress narrowed her eyes as she looked down the edge of the mountain at the District 4 male, Terrence. She didn't know him, really, and all she could remember from his interview was that he'd been extremely quiet, difficult to get to know, but considering that he'd gotten a 7 in his training scores, something about him was dangerous.

"How do you want to do this?" Cress asked, glancing at Sylvia.

"I'm not sure," Sylvia responded. Her eyes were glued to the boy, who was sharpening a stick. He looked to have some sort of sword to the right of him and on his left was a small backpack, "Do you think he's allianced with the Careers? Last year they sent out people to hunt and then return to their base."

"I don't know... Maybe, maybe not, but you never know," Cress admitted. "I don't see anyone, but that doesn't mean anything in the slightest."

"Yeah," Sylvia whispered. She scanned the area again, "What if we crept around that bend and got him from the left?" She pointed to the left of the boy, where a thick bush grew. He wouldn't be able to see them there without close inspection.

Cress nodded slowly and glanced towards the bush. "Do you want to go down first?"

"You're more skilled," Sylvia gestured her hands forward and cleared a space for Cress to pass.

Cress smirked and quietly started to scale down the rocky terrain, glancing back at Sylvia for a heartbeat before returning her focus to the task at hand. After a few minutes, she was tucked beside the bush, waiting for Sylvia to follow.

Sylvia slowly followed closely behind Cress and positioned herself next to the bush. There was the boy, facing in the opposite direction of them. He was finishing up sharpening his stick.

"We should do it quickly," Sylvia whispered into Cress's ear, "Before he moves."

Silently, Cress whipped up and positioned her spear right at his back, motioning for Sylvia to join her so they could move forward and strike. Cress had a mere sharpened stick-- hardly enough to do him in without help.

Sylvia pulled out a knife and held it in her dominant hand. She put her switchblade in her pocket so she could reach it incase she needed it.

"Alright," she mumbled, "You back him into the edge of the clearing there and I'll come up behind him and, well, stab him."

Cress nodded, following the plan as best she could. Silently, she snuck around the male tribute, jumping up at just the right moment. Faltering backwards, it was obvious that he was startled as he tumbled closer to the clearing's edge.

Sylvia krept along the edge of the clearing and behind the male tribute. Cress stuck out her spear at the boy, backing him up against Sylvia. At the touch of her, he jumped forward, effectively jumping onto Cress's spear, which pierced through his abdomen. He bent over forward, holding his hand to the wound, giving Sylvia the perfect oppurtunity to stab him in the neck.

He fell down, groaned, and gasped for air. After a few minutes of him lying on the ground, groaning, and crying, Sylvia turned to Cress, "So, uh... You want to put him out of his misery?"

"No!" the boy screamed, "No, god, please no!"

Cress stood over him, silent as she looked upon his pitiable face. "The odds were not in your favor," she whispered to herself. Pulling her spear out of him, she prepared to make a killing blow at his heart. Legs tesning up, she closed her eyes ad jabbed it into him, not daring to look at him or Sylvia or anything else. Once she was sure the deed was done, she released the spear and backed away.

"Well, that's that," Sylvia said, putting her knives back in her pocket and wiping her hands on her clothes, "Do you want to go back or continue hunting?"

"GO back, I think," Cress said quietly. "Enough blood has been spilled or one day, I think."
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:10 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Devony

The District Two Male, Onyx, jumped out behind a tree.

"Boo," he said. Devony jumped, and he laughed. "I'll be honest, you weren't at the top of our list, but since we're here... Garnet, I found one!"

Trembling, Devony slowly stood up and backed away. Onyx, spear in hand, advanced. Although he was still a distance away, Devony couldn't bring herself to run. Her mind screamed at her to run, but her body couldn't react to it.

The District One girl, Garnet, bounded up to Onxy, grinning when she spotted Devony.

"I thought I heard you singing," she crooned, giggling.

Devony didn't answer. She had backed herself into the tree she had slept in. She looked around, waiting for the other Careers to show up.

But the other Careers are dead, she reminded herself.

"It's just you two," Devony said. Their faces darkened, and Garnet opened her mouth to speak, but a cannon boomed. Devony jumped, but the other two looked confused at best.

Garnet said, "Just us." Her fist, which held a knife, tightened. "I'll kill that Danvers girl. But, first, you."

She raised her hand and threw the knife straight at Devony. Devony leaped sideways, hitting the ground with a thud. She scrambled up and grabbed the knife and ran away.

She heard the Careers running after her, and she heard whizzing close behind her. Devony ducked, but Onyx's spear nicked her shoulder. She cried out in pain as blood spotted her shirt.

She zigzagged through trees, hoping that their weapons would hit the bark instead.

Devony spotted a tree, next to an open space that dropped off. If she could get up there, they couldn't kill her. Devony jumped onto the closest branch and swung her legs up, hooking them on another branch. She hoisted herself-

-And felt burning pain in her side as a knife hit her. Devony screamed in pain and lost her grip and tumbled to the ground. She landed on a mass of something withering... and hissing.

Her breathing hitched when Devony found herself face to face with snakes.

A lot of snakes.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:43 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

Quentin Serval

"So. Here we are." Quen turned to Amaranth, who was right over his shoulder. They stood at the treeline, eyes on the Cornucopia. "You know the plan."

Amaranth nodded. "I run out first, to distract them. Then you come up behind, and gather all you can. We'll rendezvous where we met."

Quen nodded. He was quite proud of the plan, despite it being very simple. It seemed like it should work. He just hoped they could escape with both of their lives.

"You ready?" Quen asked.

Amaranth nodded. She shook her arms out, exhaling shakily, then bent down, ready to bolt. "OK. Three— two—!"

"One," Quen finished, urging Amaranth out of the treeline. His stomach was grumbling, and it was taking all he had in him to remain calm.

He watched her dash out to the Cornucopia, legs pounding powerfully. He held his breath, hoping that once she arrived, there wouldn't be the telltale squelch of flesh opening. He could do without the metallic scent of blood in his nostrils.

"Hey! Uh— Quen?" Amaranth's voice carried from behind the Cornucopia. Quen wanted to tell her it wasn't wise to shout, and especially unwise to let the others know where he was hiding, but Amaranth spoke again. "There's no one here."

"There isn't?" Quen emerged, walking slowly towards the Cornucopia. That was odd, he thought. Why would the Careers leave the Cornucopia, especially when there were people left? Why... unless. Unless it was a trap.

He could see it now: Amaranth, held at swordpoint, Careers on the other end making her lure him out so they could kill them both. Quen wouldn't be able to run, and neither would Amaranth. And they'd both die.

Unless she was in cahoots with the Careers. He had no idea if Amaranth had had any standing alliances. Maybe she'd been sent to trick him, to pretend she was on his side only to have his back stabbed, both metaphorically and literally.

Who could he trust? Was there anyone on his side in this hellish hole?

"Quen?" Amaranth poked her head around the side of the Cornucopia. No sword point. No Careers. Her face was a mix of pleasant surprise and utter serenity. "I'm being serious. There's no one here. They must be out hunting."

Quen limped over to find that Amaranth was telling the truth. The Cornucopia was surprisingly... alone.

"What are you waiting for?" Amaranth said, and began rooting through packages. "There's enough food in here to last us for days!"

Quen grinned. "You got that right. Grab as much as you can." His eyes darted. "I'll keep watch."

Amaranth smiled. "Got it."

Quen stood, leaning on his cane, hearing Amaranth rustling in the background.

"There's a lot of good stuff back here," she said. "Backpacks and everything. Here. Take these to the tree." She handed him a satchel, which, from the weight, was very full. "I'll see what else I can find. We shouldn't be here for too long."

Quen nodded. "You're right." He started to walk away from the Cornucopia when he spotted something glinting on the grass. From where he was standing, it appeared to be a long blade, perhaps a sword of some sort.

He walked towards it, leaning on his cane in order to bend down to examine it properly. Sure enough, it was a sword. The finest sword he'd ever set eyes on (not that he'd set eyes on many).

It had a utilitarian air to it, all a steely gray, but the blade itself... just looking at it brought visions of clean cuts. It looked like it could cut through flesh as easy as hot butter, slicing the body before blood even began to flow.

Quen wanted it.

Thankfully, there was a scabbard lying in the grass right next to it. Quen picked it up with one hand and swung it around his neck, too laden with other things to attach it properly to his waist.

"What are you still doing here?" Amaranth said, a pitch of worry in her voice. "You should leave. You don't want to get caught, do you?"

Quen got up. "I— you're right. I'm going. I just thought—" He held up the sword. "Could be useful, no?"

Amaranth walked over to him. "You're right." She flicked her gaze over her shoulder. "I'm almost done here. I just really want to find some medicine." She turned back to him. "Just get to the trees. You should be fine."

Quen nodded, then, impulsively, hugged Amaranth. He didn't know why, other than the fact that he wanted to. A part of him craved the loving human contact he'd been deprived of.

"Whoa. OK. Too much," Amaranth said. "I'll still be here, yeah? After. We're going to survive, you and I."

Quen smiled. "Yeah."

She clapped him on the shoulder. "Now go, you idiot."

He continued on towards the trees, waiting for the sound of Amaranth's feet behind him. Since his pace was considerably slower than hers, he figured she'd catch up and they'd go off together. He was almost at the edge of the trees when the footsteps did come, but they were considerably faster than he'd expected.

He turned to see Amaranth, out of breath. "Amaranth! What—?"

She heaved. "No time. Take these. Go." She began shoving all her packages she'd gotten from the Cornucopia in his arms.

Quen stood, confused. "What?"

Amaranth looked up. "Careers. They came back." A whooshing noise that sounded too close for comfort reached Quen's ear. "Just run!" Amaranth continued, placing the last bag from the Cornucopia on his shoulder. "They don't know about you. I'll give you enough time to run away, and then I'll shake them off."

"But—"

"Go!" she whispered. Quen noticed a steely resolve in her yellowish eyes. She knew the risk of what she was doing. She knew she might not make it out of here alive.

Quen nodded and started moving as fast as he could into the trees, while also trying to maintain stealth. It was hard; he had to worry not only about his feet, but about his cane. He was laden down with packages full of food and supplies, not to mention the large metal sword on his back. Each dull scrape of his lame leg against the foliage made him wince. He was sure it was equivalent to wearing a neon sign over his chest that said I'M HERE.

Eventually, he had to stop. He'd not gotten as far as he would have liked in the forest, but his leg hurt to much. He stopped at a tree, collapsing near the roots. Over his heavy breathing, he could hear fast footsteps and shouts in the distance. Then—

Quen shut his eyes. No. It couldn't have been. He clamped his hands over his ears, trying to block out the rest of the noise, the sound to terrible to listen to.

As the last notes died down, he was sure of what he'd heard. The unmistakable sound of mutilated flesh, followed by a piercing scream in a voice remarkably like Amaranth's.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:38 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Kate

Kate started to prepare for the night ahead as darkness started to fall across the arena. Making sure her trident was in good shape, cleaning out any smudges on her night vision goggles and doing a few stretches to get used to the hunt ahead. It was going to be particularly rough as she was going to have to catch a stalker, catch a pig or something, not get killed all at the same time and she usually went hunting at least two of those things usually weren't relevant.

After making sure she was prepared for everything including possible injuries, she sat about covering up any evidence she'd been around here, it wouldn't do to make it any easier for the careers than it already was. Once the whole place looked more or less like it had been when she arrived, Kate shouldered her backpack, securing it tightly to her so it couldn't fall off. Goggles in place and trident held firmly in one hand with the knives holstered in the belt contraption that she didn't know the name of. She set out into the jungle, looking for any signs of an animal, keeping here ears strained for any noises from the one stalking her and the careers themselves.

It didn't take long for her keen ears to pick up something. The sound of the occasional twig cracking and heavy breathing as someone tried to keep up with her brisk pace, someone that was clearly younger and smaller. Her hunch was right, it certainly wasn't the careers, and it was more than likely that it was the thirteen year old. Deciding that she wouldn't be a threat, Kate decided to continue with her hunt, she would worry about catching the stalker once she had secured some food, preferably food that would last her couple of days with careful use. They better have a pig or something in this arena.

She walked around, hoping to run into anything that would like a trail that a wild animal might make. She knew that the animals in the arena probably didn't behave much like animals did but looking for something familiar would be a good place to start before she had to improvise.

It took her a few minutes but soon she managed to locate something that looked like a small animal crashing through the undergrowth with the way that twigs were broken and leaves had been trampled on. It resembled the small wild boars that she'd learnt how to hunt. Well, at least one thing is happening as I had hoped. With that she continued on the trail, moving as quietly as she could and hoping whoever was following her would not make a noise at the wrong moment and scare the animal away.

It was a grueling few minutes as she crept around, keeping low and slow but soon she managed to spot it, the night vision illuminating everything as if it was still daytime. Stalking closer, she aimed her trident and with a deep breath, she threw it. It scored a direct hit and she ran over to cut off the pig's terrified squeals.

Kate set about quickly getting the grisly business of butchering it in the wild. It was an skill that she'd mastered a while ago but it still didn't stop it from being the mess that it always was. She was going to have to leave the place as soon as possible after she'd taken what she needed or else it would be very obvious that someone had been there and the three gaping holes in the side of the pig would pinpoint exactly who had managed to kill it.

As she began to start skinning it, she heard the noise again, this time closer than it had ever been. It was about time for her to finally construct the person who had been following her all this time. Taking a deep breath, Kate decided she'd take the first step.

"I know you're there, you've been following me for a while now, haven't you?" asked Kate, hoping that she was actually speaking to who she had guessed and not a career about to stab here in the back. "You can come out now. I won't bite."

There was a rustle of leaves and Kate turned around.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

I *do* like flipping tables.
— Faye Whitaker, Questionable Content