z

Young Writers Society

The 16 Kingdoms

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:23 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

In a land of myth and magic, the likes of which this world has ever seen, a world similar and yet different to our world exists known as Threya. The known world is confined to three small islands, on which 16 Kingdoms thrive. These 16 Kingdoms live in peace and harmony: the harvest becomes better each year, and new age of creativity, exploration, and imagination has begun.

Great cities of stone and marble have arisen where there was once little more than wood and dirt. On this world, the Elves and the Dwarves still dwell in peace with the Men. The Dragons keep the skies safe, and the mighty Wolves stave off the Orc bands in the Mountains of the world.

But something happened that the Peoples of Threya did not expect: an attack on Algernon, a majestic city that none of the 16 kingdoms claimed as their own so that they might peacefully meet if war was to break out.

The attack of Algernon frightened the known world. The kingdoms began to make strategic alliances and build larger armies. And that is where our story begins.

Spoiler! :
So, I probably do RPs at least a little different than what y'all are used to. If there's something that's just not the way y'all do it here, let me know.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Race: (Elf, Dwarf, Man, Orc, Wolf*, Dragon)
Looks:
Weapon(s) of Choice:
Kingdom:
Position:

*These Wolves are commonly larger than a normal wolf. They are free thinkers and have the ability to speak, as well as the option to shapeshift into a man at will.
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

311 Reviews

Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:53 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Here's the link to the map:
https://imgur.com/OLvTlSX

Rules:
1. Please wait for 4+ people to join, including yourself. If that many haven't joined by the 22nd of August, we will begin anyways.

2. You may have as many characters and NPCs as you want. NPCs do not require a character sheet, but a short description in your post when you introduce them is recommended.

3. Please no god-modding (taking control of another's characters) without the owner's permission.

4. Don't post multiple times in a row unless our post is just huge and you want/need a break. If you want/need a break, say so i () or [] at the end of what you've already written.

5. Please be considerate of other RPers.

6. Have fun.
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

311 Reviews

Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:13 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Character Sheet:
Name: Henry Winthrop (normally just "Winthrop")
Race: Dwarf
Looks: Stout, dark-skinned man with brown eyes. Receding gray hair, dark gray three-pronged beard. Fat but muscular.
Weapons of Choice: Crossbow, battle axe
Kingdom: Kingdom 5
Position: Captain of the Guard

Name: Astoria Greenbelt
Race: Human
Looks: Tall, thin woman with long braided dark brown hair. Bright green eyes, tan skin.
Weapon of Choice: Longbow
Position: Queen

Name: Jarl Earlsson
Race: Wolf
Looks:
Wolf- Stormy gray pelt, dark green eyes
Human- Gray-haired young man, average height, dark green eyes, wolfish face.
Weapons of Choice: Tooth and claw
Position: Friend of the Queen

[*insert future Kingdom 5 description here*]

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:42 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Hey, mind if I join in?
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

311 Reviews

Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:45 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

I was actually thinking about turning this into a SB. Do you prefer RPing or SBing, or does it matter?

112 Reviews

Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:46 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

I've always preferred Rping because it's less in-depth and intensive than many Storybooks.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

311 Reviews

Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:48 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Then, sure. Let's do this!

112 Reviews

Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:50 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Awesome!! Just gimme a few minutes to get a couple characters in order.

she/her

112 Reviews

Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:08 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Character Sheet:
Name: Athelstan Ragnarsson
Looks: About 6'4, gaunt features and very pale skin. He has sharp grey eyes and shoulder-length gray hair pulled back by a ribbon. He keeps a very short, neat goatee.
Weapon(s) of Choice: Zweihander Image
Kingdom: Kingdom 8
Position: King

Name: Agrona Ragnarsson
Looks: About 5'6, gaunt features and very pale skin. She has piercing grey eyes and grey hair that reaches her waist, though she keeps it in a braid.
Weapon(s) of Choice: Two morningstars
Kingdom: Kingdom 8
Position: Sister of the King, Captain of the Guard

she/her

311 Reviews

Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:53 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

"Queen Greenbelt?""

Astoria glared at the dark-skinned Dwarf that had spoken. "Sit down, Winthrop, King Athelstan will be here any moment know."

They were in one of the Council rooms that the Greenbelt kingdom had to offer. Cobbled stone made up the walls, and spruce beams reinforced them. Silver lanterns with blue flames hang from the ceiling, and at the heart of the room was a long ovular table.

Astoria sat at the head of one end in an oaken chair with velvet cushioning. To her left, a large White Wolf sat on a stool, paws tucked in.

"Astoria is right, Winthrop," he barked. "You should sit. You could send him into a panic."

The Dwarf sighed and reluctantly took a seat to Astoria's other side. "I still don't think we should trust anyone."

"Officially," Astoria replied, "we don't. Unofficially, we're going to take a risk and find out who attacked Algernon. We just need to be patient..."

112 Reviews

Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:03 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Athelstan, at that moment, was being led to the Council Room by one of the many stewards attending that building. At his side was his twin sister, Agrona, surveying the area in silence as they walked. Athelstan himself was taking note of every detail--potential weaknesses, strengths, what the commoners were like. Nothing presented itself as particularly sinister as of yet.

"Don't look so dour," Agrona muttered after a moment, nudging him. "You're the public relation, remember?"

"I'm a politician, not a journalist," Athelstan said curtly, though not without humor. "They don't expect me to be their friend." Agrona inclined her head slightly in acknowledgment, quickening her gait slightly. Athelstan lengthened his strides to keep up with his twin, grimacing as his left knee protested. It was an old injury from when they were children; Agrona had a matching one on her right. Sometimes it would play up a bit, but it was little more than an annoyance right now.

"This is the Council Room, sire," the steward announced, stopping at an ornate door. Athelstan and Agrona came to a halt. "Shall I announce your presence?"

"If you could be so kind," Athelstan replied, straightening his posture and adjusting his silver shoulder-cape slightly.

she/her

311 Reviews

Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:08 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

"The King Athelstan, and his sister, Agrona," the steward announced.

"Thank you, Hillsborough," Astoria said, standing as the monarch and his sister were introduced. "You are dismissed for the day."

"Thank you, ma'am," the steward replied, dipping his head. "Long may you reign."

As the steward left the room, Astoria looked to Agrona and Athelstan.

"Welcome and well met," she said. "These are Jarl, one of my closest advisors, and Winthrop, Captain of the Guard. How do you do?"

112 Reviews

Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:13 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Athelstan gave a small dip of his head to Astoria as Agrona observed Jarl and Winthrop. "Sore and weary from the ride here," he replied with a thin smile. "How strange it is that we live only a mountain range away and we never thought to meet in person." His eyes flickered toward the Dwarf and Wolf, then back to Astoria. "I trust this invitation is in regards to the tragedy of Algernon?"

Agrona, satisfied that the Captain and advisor were of no immediate concern, stood back a little from her brother, though not too far back.

she/her

311 Reviews

Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:26 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

"In part, though much of what we have to say is related to that... massacre," Astoria replied woefully. "First and foremost, I would like to reassure you that we are by no means any danger to your kingdom. Nor do we believe that you are any danger to ours. The tragedy at Algernon is..."

"It's an unspeakable evil and we must figure who was a part of it," Winthrop interrupted. "The sooner we do that, the sooner we can go to bed at night without a knife under our pillows."

Astoria and Jarl looked at the Dwarf.

"That's just you, Winthrop, you paranoid old fool," snapped. "Now, shut up and let these two get settled. They've just said they're tired."

112 Reviews

Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:32 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Anyone who doesn't sleep with a knife under their pillows is a fool," Agrona put in. Athelstan nodded in agreement.

"You're very kind," he said to Astoria with another dip of his head. "But I believe I have energy enough to discuss the business regarding Algernon." He was slightly taken aback by the lack of respect the Dwarf was shown, but he let it go for now. Perhaps the customs of these people were less favorable to Dwarves, whether they be in a position of authority or not.

she/her

I’ll paraphrase Thoreau here... Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness, give me truth.
— Christopher Johnson McCandless