z

Young Writers Society

The 16 Kingdoms

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:50 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Personally, I'd rather avoid getting tangled up in this mess of alliances and betrayals," Agrona said as she and Athelstan made their way down the hall in search of a steward. Athelstan nodded in agreement, glancing at his twin.

"Drottheim certainly wouldn't benefit from such an alliance. On the other hand, we lost economic assets in the attack on Algernon." Not to mention several of their trusted officials. "We don't take such slights lightly."

"Blood for blood," Agrona muttered. "That's how it's always been. But last time Drottheim entered an alliance, we lost a monarch. Our grandfather's grandfather, remember?"

"Of course."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:07 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

@Vil @TheMulticoloredCyr
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:17 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Astoria glanced between Jarl and Winthrop. "That went well, I think," she said.

"I disagree," the Dwarf replied. "I wish you'd've let us stay."

"Yes... pity that they were a bit boring," the Wolf replied. "Far too boring for my taste."
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:49 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Phyrra was lead to her rooms, and she silently commanded her bodyguard follow her inside rather than stay stationed outside, as he would normally have done. The doors were closed and locked, and she examined the rooms. They would do fine. They weren't particularly lavish, but they certainly were suitable.

Her bodygaurd's young ward hung back nearer the door. Showing a bit of initiative by staying closer to an entry point, or just nervous to be in the presence of anyone of rank. Phyrra could never tell with that child.

"Negotiations will continue when I'm summoned for them again," she told the man. He gave a curt nod.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

All we can do is our best, and hope that it was enough.
— CandyWizard