The Warehouse: A Rebooted Superhero Story

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:55 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

Spoiler! :
A time skip is good for me
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:04 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Spoiler! :
A time skip would be great.

Also Sorry about The Actor's name. It was an easy way to add humor
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:40 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Don't worry about it. :P Now I know the perfect thing to taunt The Actor with in his actual story!

A short time later, in another part of the city...

The Actor had suggested that they go somewhere else.

Maahes had been worried about how they were going to get to that somewhere else when they were all dressed as fictional superheroes, but it seemed like The Actor had already prepared for that. He led the group through a series of unfamiliar, empty alleyways until they arrived at a little building that didn't seem like a superhero's base in the slightest: a cafe with what had to be an apartment on the floor above it.

Molly, who had been following Maahes along by holding his hand, immediately perked up when she saw the colorful depictions of food on the window. Maahes just couldn't get over how dark it was inside - and how awkward The Actor looked as he pushed the door open.

The lights flickered on.

"...I thought you might hungry," The Actor hesitantly said, cheeks red as he stared down at the ground. Maahes could see two figures peeking out from the back room. They had a look of concern on their face - but it was specifically directed towards The Actor.

"I'm friends with the owners," The Actor hurriedly added, "so you can have whatever you want to eat! The cafe is technically closed right now, but there should be some leftovers - and I can always make more food. They, um, let me use the kitchen...sometimes?"

The two figures - a man and a woman - gave each a soft look that Maahes knew very well. Maahes hid a smile. He would pretend that he hadn't just realized that the owners weren't just The Actor's friends; they were more like the Kents that lived out on the farm in Smallville.

"I want bacon!" Molly exclaimed. "Lots of bacon!"

Maahes gave her a look.

"...Please?" she added, grinning back at Maahes when he gave her a smile.

The Actor gave Molly a grin and a mock salute.

"I can do that," he promised. "Does anyone want anything else? Oh, and you can sit wherever you want - there's a big table in the back you can use if you want to sit together, but the booths are good, too."

"I'm good-" Maahes started to say.

He was cut off by the sound of his stomach rumbling.

...That was going to take some getting used to.

"...I'm okay with whatever they have in the kitchen," he corrected, giving The Actor an awkward smile.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Hey everyone! I know I just posted (and that you've probably already received the tag for what I'm about to mention) but I'm testing out a discussion topic for this roleplay. DTs are usually reserved for storybooks, but the idea to use them for roleplays was suggested to me the other day - and I just had to try it!

Please swing by that thread and subscribe to it the first chance you get. I explain it a little more there, but it's basically our place to plan and geek out about posts. :)
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:59 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Harper looked around the cafe, giving the owners a little wave when she spotted them watching. She wasn't hungry, really, but to reject free food...she could never.

"You got anything sweet?" Harper asked, striding into the cafe in search of a table, "I would kill for a pastry or something about now." Selecting the bigger table The Actor suggested, she plopped down into a seat and folded her legs up so she was sitting cross-legged on the chair. She looked expectantly at the others.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

41 Reviews

Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:07 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

Asher looked around at the small cafe they were in. He didn't really trust the actor dude... but... he had just offered them free food, and he was starving.

"Do you have sandwiches?" he asked the owners before sitting on one of the tables. He felt like he could eat a whole horse, and his stomach rumbled. "Make that a lot of sandwiches," he paused and added as an afterthought, "...please."
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:45 am
View Likes
Lezuli says...

Ollie hasn't been to a cafe like this in ages, maybe ever. She found that she kinda liked it. Plice certainly would if she were in this world.
Food, though, Ollie definitely liked that.
"What's the sweetest thing on the menu?" Ollie asked The Actor, "because I want two of those." She paused, "and some lemonade. That too, please and thank you."

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:51 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Cass looked around the cafe cautiously. Places where a lot of people tended to hang out where not areas that she frequented. She felt the urge to leave as fast as possible. But food.

With that thought in her head she braved her fears to request something. Come one Cass, you can do it.

"Do you ha..have something for breakfast?" asked Cass, her voice almost inaudible," ba..,bacon and eggs maybe." She worked hard to fight the urge to jump back into the shadows as everyone turned to look at her.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:37 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes would have never been able to keep track of the list, but The Actor didn't even looked a little bit overwhelmed by all of the requests. Maahes made another little note of what he knew about him; The Actor, apparently, must have had a great memory.

(Or experience waiting on tables.)

"I'll get a little bit of everything," The Actor said, giving them all a tiny smile before heading into the back room. If Maahes strained his ears enough, he could just barely make out a conversation between The Actor and the two figures that had been lurking in the doorway to the room earlier.

Maahes led Molly over to the biggest table.

"...I wonder if The Actor knows any other heroes," Maahes thought out loud. Molly, who had started stacking up the little milk containers on the table into a mini-tower, gave him a curious look before eagerly turning her attention back to her task.
mage

queer and here.

58 Reviews

Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:28 pm
View Likes
Lezuli says...

"Hmm?" Ollie glanced over to Maahes. "What are you talking about? Didn't he say he was the only superhero he knew of?"
She looked around the table to see if anyone else remembered that particular deatil. When no one immediately responded, she continued with her thought out loud. "But it makes no sense for him to be the only one. If there's enough supervillians for there to be a superhero, why aren't there more? Anyone else find that weird and just a touch disconcerning-slash-frightening?"
Ollie didn't like thinking that, because it made her start to think they were brought to this world for a reason. A reason like filling the gap where more superheroes should be.

41 Reviews

Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:22 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

"I knew he was suspicious," Asher agreed, pounding his fist against the table for emphasis before snatching away hurriedly when he heard a groaning sound. The place where he had hit it was dented, and he winced. He hadn't thought that he had hit the damn thing that hard. Getting used to these new powers would be harder than it seemed.

He cleared his throat, trying to draw everyone's attention away from the table before they started to blame him, which would be totally unfair. It wasn't his fault the table was structurally unsound. No good table would break that easily. "We should find out what he plans to do with us," Asher suggested. "Is he gonna hand us over to the government? Is there a thing like S.H.I.E.L.D. here?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:31 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes barely noticed the dent in the table, but Molly did - she started reaching her hand across the table to touch the caved-in area.

"That seems like a good plan," Maahes agreed, giving a little nod. He glanced in the direction of the back room. Molly was kicking her feet against his legs as she sat on his lap, but he was trying his best to ignore it. "I don't think that he would turn us over to any government organization, but it would be good to see what he's planning."

No one else must have noticed what he had picked up on it. The Actor had already shown them something incredibly personal. Whether it was his intention to or not, Maahes seriously doubted that he would want to cause them any harm after bringing them here.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:37 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Harper stared at the dent in the table for a moment, a little grin tugging at the corners of her lips, before she turned her attention back to the group. Balancing her elbows on the table, she rested her chin on her interlaced fingers. "I like him." No one that adorkable could be evil. He didn't have the vibe for it. "We're fine here. And he's feeding us. You all could be a little more relaxed. We're all very powerful now, remember? Even if he is a bad guy we can just fight him off."

She leaned back in her seat and proper her legs up on the table. "So just relax."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:18 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Adrid sat stiffly (she was fine, that was just how she sat) at the table, battle-axe balanced shyly by her legs. It was comforting, to have it on her, but as a woman of the law she would have to respect local officials if they had something to say about it.

No bystanders she had seen on her way to this establishment had carried anything of the sort, so Adrid thought it best to be discreet with it.
As discreet as it came with battle-axes, anyway.

Thought train concluded, Adrid tuned back in to the conversation to find Harper speaking reason.

She nodded, and relaxed. Moderately.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

58 Reviews

Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:33 pm
View Likes
Lezuli says...

Ollie sighed dramatically. "I never said I thought he was evil," she glared at Asher, eyeing the dent he made in the table for emphasis. "I just mean that the specifics of this world are weird. I don't know anything about superheros and villians and even I find this world suspect." She titled her head to the side, her hair falling like a curtain around her. " but I do I agree with Harper on the non-evil thing. Though... Not all of us are more powerful here."
She was hesitant to say this aloud, but if they were going to be allies she'd best be candid. "I used to have powers and now I don't."
She shrugged, "I still have swords so I'm probably fine, but I seriously can't be the only one in this boat."

These were autumn mornings, the time of year when kings of old went forth to conquest; and I, never stirring from my little corner in Calcutta, would let my mind wander over the whole world.
— Rabindranath Tagore, The Cabuliwallah