Young Writers Society

The Warehouse: A Rebooted Superhero Story

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:33 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Rew spun around to stare at the green guy.

...Comic sewer rave?

A light bulb suddenly went off in Rew's head. Why hadn't he figured it out sooner? It was like back at the graveyard! There was a pattern to this, and he had just totally missed it until now. He was the Scarecrow. The Reverse Flash was nearby. And Loki was here, too. They weren't the actual villains. He knew he wasn't who he looked like, and Loki didn't really look like the Loki that Puck had become during the whole Halloween graveyard incident.

"We look like comic book villains!" Rew realized. He wasn't really sure who he was talking to, but everything finally felt like it was falling into place. He didn't know why he looked like a comic book villain, but knowing what the pattern was had to count for something. He tilted his head ever so slightly to the side, now deep in thought. "But why would someone make us look like this?"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:45 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

These horrible people, these petulant children, how dare they, with their twisted lips and horrible croaking voices, declare him (HIM!), even in aesthetic, to be the villain of this, their unfortunately shared tale of kidnapping and deciet. Connery Blight, the esteemed and oft-awarded champion of the theatrical arts, top scorer in the realm of GPA throughout the entire accursed district, and sworn enemy of the undead plague the swept, ignored, through his world. Oh no, Connery could not, from any frame of reference, be referred to as a villain.

So, he scoffed at his accusor and turned on his heel to head down the stinking corridor, striding on long, birdlike legs on the walkway adjacent to the hideous river of sludge.

Oh, the indignity of his situation!

And oh, the incredible strength and charm of him to be able to maintain his dignity despite them!

"I am going to find civilized company!" he announced, surely to a series of agreeing nods to his turned back as these people realized they did not, in fact, fit that description.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:53 pm
View Likes
Lezuli says...

Several things had happened in the span of seconds after Plice had abandoned her unsightly armor. The ones of note were the strange demon-scarecrow whose name was Rew(Plice was confused as to why a demon-scarecrow needed a name and pushed further into confusion by its refusal to admit that it was a demon-scarecrow) seemed to think they were dressed as something called 'comic book villains' whatever that meant and that the winged woman with excellent taste in hitting people wanted to know her name.

Plice, always ready and willing to kill several birds with one stone, turned away from the dragon-kin wannabe who had decided to leave(Plice was pleased, perhaps he could go find someone else to offend with his fashion choices) and said to both the woman in yellow and the maybe-demon-scarecrow Rew.

"I am Plice of the Shadowvine Fae. Second born daughter of Cleopts and a member of the Unseelie Court. You may simply call me Plice strange demon-scarecrow and winged Magi, but I must ask you demon-scarecrow, what are these 'comic book villains' you seem to think we are dressed as? And does this mean you know if there's someone I could potentially hurt to get my powers back?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:14 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"But we are civilized-" Rew started to say, only to hesitate when he realized that the guy dressed as Loki didn't want to listen. He was pretty sure it would be a bad idea to split up. He was also starting to realize how limited he currently was - which meant he couldn't just pop up in front of Loki when he started getting too far away.

But Rew could handle this. The others had stints as humans before thanks to miscast spells. If they had gotten through it, he could, too! He even was best friends with a human. This would be easy.

He turned back to Plice.

"My name is Rew," he said. "I'm not a demon-scarecrow. I just look like one right now. And comic books are...hmm..."

He crossed his arms and mulled over it for a moment.

"They're like picture books!" he suggested. "Emphasis on the pictures. We look like the bad guys in some of them. I'm, uh, not sure on the hurting part, but I do think looking like this is limiting any powers we might have. I know that things are a little...quieter than they usually are for me."
mage

queer and here.

4096 Reviews

Reviews: 4096
Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:55 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"That is an impressive name," said Tapusha, "Nice to meet you Plice and you Mr. Demon Scarecrow sorry Rew, nice to meet you too. Your comic book theory bears merit. It appears I have been put into the form of the Reverse Flash, quite an annoying moron that one but not the worst villain to have ended up as I must say. As for the one that's stalking off, I suggest we let him leave, it would be the best option for his health and our mental health."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:19 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Plice. Rew. Nice. Good. It had almost all gone in one ear out the other, but Brian fought nobly to remember at least for the next couple of hours.

Oh, had Uppity Ponce Boy already left? Looked like he had.

"Oh. Just as well. It's always risky to have a tacky lunatic on the team." said Brian, idly brushing dust off of his form-fitting cheetah print leggings.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:01 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"But we must have all been brought here for a reason," Rew protested. He glanced over at the boy dressed as Loki. He was getting farther away now; it would be hard for Rew to catch up to him without his magic. "Even if it wasn't something we were chosen for, we should probably stay together. I'd feel really bad if we all got back to normal and returned to where we're supposed to be without him."

He looked back at the group.

And, more specifically, at the woman dressed as Reverse Flash.

"...If he doesn't come back," Rew slowly said, "you have super speed. You could run over to him and bring him back - or at least talk to him."
mage

queer and here.

4096 Reviews

Reviews: 4096
Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:45 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"I wouldn't feel bad," said Tapusha, "just gonna put that out there. From what I know, the Reverse Flash is quite pathetically slow compared to my normal speed but I suppose it will suffice if I have to run him over...I mean, run over to him if absolutely necessary."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
— Ann Landers