590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:59 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Cold Oak

[ A Saeverse Roleplay ]

There was once a town hidden away from the world. Nestled between sprawling hills, thick forests and a sparkling lake, this town thrived. As the world gradually became more industrialized, the town slowly adjusted to the steady stream of travelers and tourists passing through. This town would have likely blossomed into a bustling city, but something odd happened to its occupants. On one summer day, a family arrived in the town. They were only heading to a vacation resort a few towns over, but ended up discovering a peculiar thing.

All occupants of the town had vanished.

An investigation was launched, but no information was found. After many years, it was declared that the people had died. No one knew how, but no one cared to learn. It is said that this story is nothing more than a children's tale, told around flickering campfires. But those who live closer to the town have a slightly different version of the tale.

If one visits the town on the darkest nights of the year, they will not only find ghosts and demons wandering the streets. They will find beings from other peculiar worlds, and strange individuals that claim to be from places that simply are not on the map.

You are one of the night time visitors.

You have been brought here against your will, and it is up to you to figure out why you were taken here. But if you want to live to find that out, you must first discover the story behind the disappearance of an entire town.

mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:59 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Rules

1. Please include a description of your character in your first post - you can throw it into a spoiler using the code down below and put it at the top of your post.

Code: Select all
[spoiler]Put your description here![/spoiler]

2. Feel free to pick characters from whatever you want. They can be from another roleplay, a storybook, a novel or even a fanfiction of yours. The world, time and plot they're from ultimately just impacts how they interact with this roleplay, so it's really up to you.

3. You can have as many characters as you want, but there'll come a point where you can no longer add new ones because it would alter the plot too much. I'll make sure to say something when that happens, so don't worry about it for now.

4. Please don't write for anyone else's characters. It's hard to predict what someone else might have their characters do, and it takes away some of the fun for the other writers.

5. You're free to have your character guess what the plot is, but don't make any plot-altering decisions with talking about with me first. You can PM me or chat in the spoilers of our posts if you have an idea - I love scheming! :) I just want to make sure your schemes can be incorporated into what I'm already scheming.

(I also have a discord server for roleplay scheming! If you don't use discord or don't want to join, don't worry about it. But if you want to join in on the shenanigans, here's the invite link.)

6. Don't post multiple times in a row, and make sure everyone has a chance to get a response in. There's going to be times where it makes more sense to post back-and-forth between two people, but try avoiding it unless you absolutely have to - it prevents the other writers from getting too behind and feeling like they aren't involved with the story.

7. Have fun!

Edit: It's not entirely night yet - it's more like the time of day that's shown in the picture.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:48 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
He's 32. Kazimir Petrov doesn’t look very approachable. He has a look about him that makes people uneasy (and for good reason). Even from his gait/walk he gives off the vibes of a dangerous predator. He’s 6ft3, very strong and muscled, and his resting face is something akin to a smirk but more the unsettling lenny-face kind. It’s that, or a dead-tired expression. No real in-between.

(Under his clothes of course) he has two snakes tattooed, winding up his arms with their heads resting on his chest and their mouths open. His hair is short, brown, and messy, and his eyes are dark brown. He has a Russian accent.

He’s wearing a tattered black leather jacket over a black tank-top and dark jeans and black walking shoes. Pic of him I drew here (just a diff outfit):

This was not California.

Kazimir stood frozen in the doorway of some old-timey abandoned church. The lights in the area were out, and he could only make out the scene because his eyes were already adjusted to the darkness from lying in wait for his next hit. With his gun still in hand, he felt the shock of the sudden shift in his environment most when the prop underneath his gun was gone, and it fell with his hands down to his stomach.

Without question, the first thing Kazimir did was swing his backpack off his back and disassemble the weapon into all of its parts, packing it back in the bag where it wouldn't be seen. He didn't know where he was, or how he'd gotten there, but he was smart enough to know that anyone walking around with a sniper gun would draw suspicion. His hiding place was gone. His cover was gone. That meant he needed to look as inconspicuous as possible.

The whole process took under 30 seconds, and he swung his bag back on his back, looking up, out, and around to see where he was.

With one priority out of the way, the bigger, more daunting one settled in.

Kazimir didn't recognize this place at all. Had he fallen asleep on the job? Knocked out? Drugged? Was this a hallucination? Was the whole thing a dream from the start?

No. Kazimir pinched himself, hard. He picked the skin on the back on his hand with his nails until he drew blood, and then wiped his hand on the inside of his jacket.

He was lucid. He was awake.

He adjusted a strap on his shoulder and ducked down low in the dark shadow of the church archway. Someone had to be around, right? He would just watch and wait until then.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:19 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Lorcan Fuery II: Lorcan is tall and lean. His skin is pale, and he has long black hair that he's currently keeping up in a ponytail. Since his hair is up, it's easy to notice that he has a nick in his right ear. His eyes are a bright shade of blue. He has a pair of fangs as well. His clothing is all dark clothes - a dark red t-shirt, a black jacket, black jeans and black boots. He looks just like a vampire. He appears to be somewhere in his late teens to early twenties.

Like Kaz, he doesn't exactly come across as approachable - until he speaks, at least.

Lorcan didn't know where he was.

The last thing he remembered was being in Charlotte's house - more specifically, he remembered being in her attic. They had been digging through the old clothes that had been discarded years ago, trying to determine if there was anything else that they could use there. They had already gone through it a couple of times, but Charlotte was at school and the three of them had gotten bored.

Second had just dramatically whipped out a cloak from what look like theater props when the world around him suddenly changed. The wooden walls of the house suddenly became an open, misty space. Old, decrepit buildings littered the town. Lorcan felt like he was walking through the remains of a town that had been attacked by zombies.

Realizing just how out in the open he was - and how defenseless he was - he moved back in the doorway of one of the abandoned buildings. He took a quick whiff of the air. After recoiling at the musty tint to the air, he focused on the other thing he had smelled.

The person.

It took his eyes a moment to register the difference in the light, but it wasn't hard for him to find the other person present in the town once they did - he found the man in the shadows of the church.

He quickly looked away. He didn't know if the man had caught him looking at him, but he didn't want to find out. Maybe it was his appearance, or maybe it was the way he was hiding out of sight. Whatever it was, Lorcan couldn't help but feel wary of him.
mage

queer and here.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:23 pm
View Likes
mythh says...

Spoiler! :

Jack Frost IV: Jack's 5'10" and much less fitter than a kangaroo would be, but is far more fit than compared to your average teenager. He's not bulky like you'd expect a heavy-weight wrestler to be; of course, he's no heavy weight wrestler, he's just an eighteen-year-old with high hopes and stunning skill in a lot of things - namely; martial arts, Heavy weaponry, and he also has special powers. He can shoot green coloured plasma from his hands and run faster than light. He has black hair with punk green streaks up front. He has green fierce and proud eyes and has no limits when it comes to pushing himself. He usually wears a black hoodie with a neon green hood and neon green stripes on his sleeves; he wears black jeans and fluorescent keds.

His behaviour would usually win anyone over, and he has never intentionally hurt a soul as long as Chloe was fine and not upset by anyone.

Chloe Blue-Talon: A mutant nineteen-year-old almost as fierce as Jack. She's 5'6" and has the ability to form wings from an extension of her spine. Her wings are usually flaming, but when upset, they turn blue and become as cold as ice. Her mother got the name "Blue-Talon" because of the mentioned nature of their wings, which means; she has her mother's wings. She is also a master at duel wielding - any one handed weapons.

She's not as kind-hearted as Jack is, and can get really cold at times. She has black hair with electric blue streaks. Her hoodie is the same as Jack's except for it's coloured regions are electric blue, unlike Jack's. She wears black jeans and blue keds.

Jack remembered standing on top of the spire of the Empire State Building, holding hands with Chloe - who was hovering right beside - and blacking out, and waking up to this.

He was beside Chloe. She was still out. He picked her up and went towards the light. As he got out, only to realize that they were lying in some kind of grass. He saw a town. He walked towards it, right towards the center of the town. Chloe was awake and startled. In her state of overdone shock, she fell right out of Jack's hands and right on his feet.

"Ow, WHAT THE --," he stopped speaking right then, realizing how much of an idiot he was being, shouting in a completely, seemingly desolate place with no clue of how he got there.

Chloe got up. She held his hand. "This place is creepy. What do you think?" She said in a fairly casual tone.

Jack smiled, and spoke.

"Creepy indeed. You're quite the scaredy-cat. Let's look around and see if there's someone lurking about. At least that's the word you would use. Hey, I did better! You aren't even speaking. And besides, you fell on my feet," he looked down at his shoes and moaned, "these keds were new.."

With that he kept walking, holding Chloe's hands; and she walked right beside him. They looked like quite the scary, movie couple under the haunting night sky.
The name's Myth.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:53 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Spoiler! :
Bobby: Raggedy looking street kid with tan, freckled skin and dust brown hair with a haircut that may as well have been given by a lawnmower with random strands being nearly to his shoulders while others stand straight up from his head like the quills of a porcupine, and every length in between. He wears a whole bunch of layers, nothing matches, and nearly everything has had at least a hole or two worn through it in one place or another. He's clearly malnourished and too-skinny, and his bloodshot eyes betray an unhealthy, well, everything, but mostly sleep schedule.

Bobby opened his eyes, and immediately scrambled to his feet. This wasn't the alley he'd fallen asleep in, and those weren't any buildings he'd seen in the city. This wasn't right.

He tried to steady his breathing as he crept toward the alley's exit and peeked out onto the street. Barren, creepy streets and abandoned, clearly-unsafe buildings were all that met his gaze. The setting itself seemed to stare at him, watch, breathe.

Quietly, he backed back into the alley and went the other way. The building to his right was a church, he could tell that, at least. Churches were usually nice to the street kids, at least at first, and only if it wasn't too big of a church. The bigger and richer the church, the less they offered help.

With a deep breath, he stepped out into the open and, without paying too much attention to his surroundings, went to the doors of the church. If anyone was around, the ones most willing to pretend to care about his situation would be there.

He'd already stepped under the archway when he saw him, the big, grim man hunched over in the shadow.

Bobby stumbled back, his eyes wide in surprise and tentative fear. Don't hurt me, the words he didn't realize he hadn't said aloud echoed in his head.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:33 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kazimir saw the pale, black-haired dude retreat into the shadows and saw the distant silhouette of a pair of teenagers, probably, walking down the main street. He noted their presence, but the sudden appearance of the child drew his attention. Kazimir would be willing to forgo his cover to interact with the child.

The kid looked like shit. Or rather, as if he'd been through shit.

"Hey, I'm not gonna hurt you, kid," Kazimir said quietly, still keeping alert and looking out into the street. "Keep out of the open, though. There are some weird characters around here. Didn't you see that pale guy with the ponytail? Here - come over here."

He rolled his backpack off his shoulders and opened a pocket, pulling out a simple navy baseball cap. He held it out to Bobby.

"Put this on. We'll find you a barber when we have less pressing issues to worry about."

95 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:45 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Bobby hesitated. He didn't like taking things from strangers, or anyone, really. People didn't really give gifts to kids like him. Just made little investments, built up a debt for Bobby to pay later.

But right now, he didn't want to be alone.

He took the cap and put it on as he moved into the shadows with the man.

"I-I'm Bobby," he said quietly.

he/they

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:55 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

“I’m Kazimir,” he whispered back as he looked through his bag again. He found a granola bar and handed it to Bobby. “Hungry?”

95 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:02 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

He was, and he was really, really tempted to take the bar, but he found himself shaking his head. That was too much. I fed you, you useless brat, he could already hear it, Do as I say.

He ducked his head and adjusted the hat, staring down at the ground as he went still. It was harder to notice someone who wasn't moving around.

he/they

127 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:15 am
View Likes
mythh says...

Jack and Chloe heard talking and headed towards the sounds. They saw two people who probably were the ones talking but had now ceased conversation. They kept their distance just in case and stood about five feet away.
The name's Myth.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:27 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

There were more people in the town, and Lorcan didn't even have to smell them to know that. There was the ragged-looking boy who had approached the man hiding near the church, and there was a couple that had stopped relatively close to the man and the boy. From the little Lorcan could see from his hiding place, it didn't seem like the man was all that dangerous - he had just put a hat on the boy's head and offered him what looked like food.

Lorcan's stomach rumbled.

He absentmindedly raised a hand to his stomach and tried to fight off the hunger pains. Now wasn't the time to think about the food he had left behind at Charlotte's house, even if he wished he hadn't skipped breakfast that morning.

He could get food later.

...Hopefully.

Moving his hand away from his stomach, Lorcan stepped out of the building he had been hiding in and approached the growing group of people. He awkwardly lingered off to the side - a few feet from the couple, and a few feet from the church's entrance.

Then he awkwardly cleared his throat, very much aware of the fact he had absolutely no idea what to do in a situation like this.

"Hello," he said.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:00 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kazimir spoke quietly to Bobby before the others approached. "Okay," he said, tucking the granola bar away. "Let me know when you're hungry, then."

While he zipped up his bag and swung it over his shoulder again he watched the three figures approach out of the corner of his eyes. Two teens in clothes that looked like they were part of a matched set. They looked like they could be on some kids' show where teens had lame superpowers or whatever. Then there was the pale dude, who was looking more and more like some Hollywood vampire the closer he got.

Where the hell was he? Comicon? No, this was way too barren for a comic convention. Not that he even ever went to those - he just remembered passing one once or twice and seeing people dressed up as all sorts of shit.

He stood up tall, stepping slightly in front of Bobby as the vampire said hello.

"Who the hell are you?" he asked, his voice deep and his accent thick.

127 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:55 pm
View Likes
mythh says...

Jack hesitated a bit, still a little confused about what to do, but Chloe stepped forward towards the pale figure.

"Hello," she replied, "What is this place?" She continued.
The name's Myth.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:27 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lorcan stepped in between the man and the couple.

"I'm Lorcan," he said, turning to the man. Then he glanced over at the couple, hoping that the man - who already seemed like he was ready for a fight - hadn't been offended when neither one of them answered his question. "I'm not sure where we are."
mage

queer and here.

The man who never makes a mistake always takes orders from one who does.
— Anonymous