Young Writers Society

Dead Center

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:32 am
View Likes
lillianna says...

Spoiler! :
go ahead and go first! i’m very busy this morning.
i'm probably listening to taylor swift.
can you tell i love pink?

she/her

(previously harperlouise06 and lulon)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:46 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Okay! I'll post later today, then. :)

And, just to check here so anyone who didn't see your wall post knows - it's the first day of school for everyone, right?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:38 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Raziel (Rachel Genesis on all official paperwork)
Age: She was around when Earth was created, so really, really old. She looks like she's in her late teens, though.
Gender: She's genderless, but uses she/her pronouns for now
Type: Fallen angel

Looks: Image

Personality: She has very few social skills, and she's a bit of a thrill-seeker. She's up for anything and tends to mimic the mannerisms of the people around her.
Hobbies/skills: She is technically capable of shapeshifting, but the one thing she can never change is her wings. The only way she can hide those is with outside help, and she favors using concealment spells sourced from the local witches (there are always at least a couple) which make them invisible, but not intangible, so she has to be careful that no one bumps into them.

Other: She can't feel human emotions, but she wants to. Thus, thrill-seeking and mimicry.

Name: Maggie
Gender: genderfluid, uses they/them and she/her pronouns at different times. It's really most polite to just ask at any given time, but if they're not around they usually just tell people to use they/them.
Type: (She never has and never will tell anyone)

Looks: Image
Personality: They're quiet and reserved. The people they consider friends - which is not a lot of people - don't even know where they live, if they have parents, siblings, pets. They may know that she has a job, but they won't know what that job is. She's the kind of person who remembers everything about everyone, and often times she can surprise people with how much she knows about them.
Hobbies/Skills: She's an artist of multiple kinds, but she's most likely to be spotted drawing or possibly painting.

Other: She always has a little sketchbook on her and tends to doodle in it when she gets bored.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:40 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The day had finally come.

Going to school had seemed like a great idea when her dad had brought it up. It hadn't been his idea, originally, but Aunt Sam had suggested it after Arin told her about how well she was doing with the homeschooling system that her parents had concocted.

(Parents being just her dad. Her mom could honestly use the schooling herself, but she was too busy being on missions.)

And while Aunt Sam wasn't really her aunt, she was close to her dad like Arin imagined an aunt was supposed to be, so soon it was decided: Arin and her brother would be going to school today.

But while school had sounded like a great idea when she had been watching all of the older shows that her dad fondly remembered, looking up at the actual building was terrifying. It was even more scary than the last time that they had been abducted, pre-living here.

Arin took a deep, deep breath.

"We can do this," she said, glancing over at her brother. He looked just as nervous as she felt, but he was slightly better at hiding it - to everyone except her, at least. They had grown up together, so Arin could easily read what he was thinking. It was why they had done so good before coming here.

And they were going to do well here, too. Her dad had totally abused his power and pulled all the strings he could to make sure the two of them were able to stay together in all of their classes. As long as Simon was at Arin's side, they could handle anything.

She grabbed onto her brother's wrist.

"Come on!" she said, shaking him out of whatever thoughts he had been focusing on. "It's time for our next big adventure - I'm already getting an idea for a song about it."

Without giving him a chance to protest or even reply, she jerked him up the steps and through the front door - even though Simon never knocked her down from her excitement.
mage

queer and here.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:47 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Spoiler! :
I hope you don't mind me posting! Because Betty and Lukács don't know each other, I'll be splitting my posts into two.

Betty Ditte

"Good morning Bet--" Mrs. Ditte entered her daughter's room to wake her, "No."

Betty stared back at her from the typewriter, "Yes."

"Betty, you can't just stay up and write." Mrs. Ditte bent down and scooped up their cat, "It's not healthy."

Betty rolled her eyes and stood up out of her chair, "I won't do it again. Now, where is my hoodie?"

"Under your stack of Elvis records," Mrs. Ditte pointed out the piece of fabric sticking out from under the boxes, "Now get changed. Dad's at work, so I'll drive you once you're ready."

Betty pulled the hoodie and baseball cap out from underneath the records and put them on. She quickly popped her retainer in her mouth (to hide her fangs) and exited the room. Betty walked over to the kitchen and grabbed her backpack. Mrs. Ditte strolled into the room and held up her car keys, "Ready?"

Betty nodded and put an orange in her pocket. She followed Mrs. Ditte out the door and into the car. Usually, Betty doesn't care about the first day of school. After 50+ years of attending high school, you stop being nervous and grow used to it. But this first day was different. It was the last first day. The last first day before Betty could receive her last diploma and move on.

And Betty was dreading it.

Lukács Anssi

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Lukács slapped his alarm clock off of his bedside table, breaking it. Lukács groaned and pushed himself out of bed.

Today would start his second year at BHS. It was a monumental moment for both him and his family, for he was the first Anssi to continue attending school past 9th grade. His father didn't make it past 6th grade and used to work as a laborer in Hungary, but was now working as a butler.

Yes, that's right... a butler. Lukács and his father both lived in the guest house of Mr. Anssi's employer, Brad Finkleman. Finkleman paid well and occasionally paid Lukács for work he did around the estate, so the Anssi's rarely had to worry about money. Usually any of the extra money the earned went to Mrs. Anssi and Lukács' sisters, who were still in Hungary.

Lukács wandered over to his dresser and changed into some jeans and a white t-shirt. A quick look in the mirror revealed it did not cover up his spider tattoo, so he put a plaid shirt on over it. Lukács grabbed his phone and left his room, leaving the door ajar behind him.

After a quick breakfast of eggs and toast, Lukács packed his things and exited the house. Filled with excitement (and breakfast), he hopped on his bike and made his way onto the main road.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:07 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Raziel

No one really explained why this song in particular was so difficult to listen to. Raziel had often heard people lament how it got 'stuck in their head', which was a very human saying that she only got the idea of in concept, and how annoying it was when they were attempting to get their tasks completed only to have this song playing on repeat behind their thoughts.

She didn't understand why that truly was a problem, though. These were the same people who often claimed to require music to be playing for them to complete certain tasks effectively. Perhaps it was different when it was in their head directly?

She turned up the volume and squinted into the early morning sunlight. No...no volume wasn't the problem. What was it, then, that made this song so frustrating to people?

She shook her head as she walked up the steps of the school building, 'Baby Shark' still blaring in her earbuds. An eternal punishment for an eternal offense, Gabriel would say if he were here, or she, they. Humans and their hyper-specific languages. Raziel could never get behind it.

She produced a piece of paper from her pocket and unfolded it. On it was listed her class schedule, her locker number, combination, and a few other details here and there that she needn't read into just yet. She already had on the way over, but she didn't need to.

With this information, she found her locker and twisted the little padlock to open it. Click, click, click, click, click...

It popped open.

"Do you have gum?" asked a voice that seemed to curl around the air, ever so slightly rough around the edges from disuse. Chalk on stone.

Raziel turned from the backpack in which she fiddled - her backpack, not just one she'd found lying around - and faced the owner of the voice. "I do," she said even before she saw the girl's face.

She was overall rather sharp. A hard jawline, pointed chin, and a long, roman nose made the girl - or, Raziel presumed she was a girl from how she presented, it had always been nearly impossible to distinguish which pronouns were preferred just from appearance - look rather hard sharp. It seemed the girl's goal to remedy this with her soft woolen sweater and shin-length pleated skirt, both things associated with more innocent people of softer personality.

By the time Raziel had gathered this of her, the girl - whose name had not yet been offered - had taken a piece of gum from the offered package.

"I'm Rachel," Raziel offered.

"Maggie," the girl said, folding the piece of gum into fourths before popping it into her mouth.

"It is a pleasure to meet you."

Maggie dipped her head, turning her attention to the locker beside Raziel's. So this was the girl whom she would see every morning until their graduation day. Only a few short months until that, yet now, fallen, human in nearly every meaningless capacity, Raziel sensed that that time would seem to drag on eternally.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:00 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

Feyre

Feyre swung her pink flowered backpack over her shoulder and walked out of the kitchen, turned off the lights as she exited. The first day of school, and she was all alone. Her parents had claimed some important trip, promising to make it up to her, but Feyre wasn't surprised. She actually preferred having the house to herself.
"Gerard!" she called, slipping on her shoes and walking outside.
The chauffeur was waiting outside, the engine of the car already idling. "Yes, miss?"
She frowned. "You realize that produces pollution. My parents have already told you not to do it."
He nodded. "I'm sorry miss."
Slipping into the backseat, she popped in her AirPods and leaned back, her mind already consumed by the music. First day jitters were not a common occurrence for Feyre, but for some reason she felt nervous, like something important was going to happen.

Grey

"Ruby!" Grey shouted, racing through the house after the red haired terror. She squealed in delight and scrambled over the couch, only to be pulled back by firm hands.
"Give me back my phone."
Ruby glared at Grey and slowly handed it over. "Please don't tell mom."
"Don't tell mom?" Saph, Ruby's older sister repeated. "Ruby, you and Grey were yelling so loud I think the whole neighborhood could hear you."
Grey let his sister go and trudged back to his room. He just needed to grab his bag and then he'd be ready to go. He didn't want to miss his ride.
Last edited by Shadeflame on Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

18 Reviews

Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:33 pm
View Likes
lillianna says...

Estelle

She had been dreading this moment since, well, eternity. Estelle left the townhouse that was squeezed between the rest of the identical buildings. As always, her knees and shoulders were covered. Not only did they disguise the fact that she was practically transparent, but this is how she had dressed since the day she died. April 6th, 1879. Shaking off the thoughts, Estelle straightened her jacket, and headed to the bus stop. She had to take the city bus. Her... “family” sent her to Ballad instead of the downtown city school. First day of high school in over 140 years. Wow. Estelle took a deep breath, even though she didn’t need to breathe. In a blink of the eye, the pale little girl stood on the steps of the prestigious high school.

Cher

“You try too hard.” Cher’s brother yelled at her while she smothered a layer of lip gloss over her plump lips. She rolled her eyes. “Whatever, loser.” Cher made a 'L' with her hand up on her forehead. Brushing the last loose strands of her dark curly hair out of her face, Cher nodded in approval at herself. Perfectionism was the key to a wonderful life. “Cher, if you aren’t down here in two minutes, we get the first pick of cars.” She humphed. Grabbing her heels, she ran down the two flights of elegant stairs to the main floor and out to the enormous auto court, garages and cars everywhere. Cher selected a sleek, white, yet flashy, Audi. Time to do this thing.
Last edited by lillianna on Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:59 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"It's so busy here," Arin whispered, looking around the hallway with a mix of awe and worry. The last time she had been somewhere so busy was when she had visited her dad and mom at work a few weeks ago with Molly - and and the base barely compared to Ballad High School.

She took a deep breath and looked over at Simon.

"How are you doing?" she asked.

"...A little in pain," he admitted, glancing at the rows of mismatched lockers lining the walls. There was only so much their family could do to make sure they didn't feel pain when walking through the school halls. Arin barely noticed it, but Simon always felt the pain from iron and silver worse.

"Good thing it has more iron than silver," she said, giving him a grin and a pat on the back. He gave her a tiny smile in reply. "And the greenhouse isn't growing any rosemary, either!"

"That's true," Simon agreed.

He pulled a slip of paper out of his pocket and stared at the information on it. It had his - and Arin's - locker number on it. There were already two people at the lockers beside theirs, but Arin barely noticed them. She was too busy getting excited at the thought of having her own little locker.

She threw hers open - nearly hitting Simon in the face in the process.

"Sorry," she apologized, giving him a sheepish expression when he looked around from behind the locker door. "I didn't realize how easily it would open-Oh! Simon, what are those?"

She pointed at a girl that was walking down the hallway. The girl was definitely pretty - Arin ignored the little flutter in her chest - but the more important thing was the little white things she had in her ears. They almost looked like the comms that her parents wore on their missions, but these were more stylish and noticeable.

Simon looked in the direction that she was pointing.

"I think those are Air...Pods?" Simon hesitantly said, checking out the inside of his locker. "Od-Oliver was telling me about them the other day."

"Are they like the comms?" she asked.

Simon thought for a moment.

"More like the headphones Uncle Jack uses," he corrected. "You just don't need wires."

Arin covered her mouth with her hands to help resist the urge to make an excited noise - it didn't really work.

"They're tiny little music boxes," she whispered. "We have to ask Dad if we can get those."
mage

queer and here.

142 Reviews

Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:08 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Betty Ditte and Lukács Anssi

Betty stared at the giant brick building looming above her. Unlike most private schools she had been to, this one was different. For one, it was huge and two, there were so many students. There were students everywhere: near the trees, on the steps, in the halls.

Betty made her way through the crowded hallways to the back of the school, where her locker was located.

"317, 318... ah, 319," Betty mumbled to herself as she unlocked her locker. She opened the door and started putting her usual decorations up. A picture of her cat, a mirror, and a shelf.

"That's a cute cat," a voice asked, "Is it yours?"

Betty whipped around to the locker next to her to see a young man staring at her. His brown hair was halfway to his shoulders and was covering half of his face.

"Yes, Duckie's mine," Betty answered him.

"That's a nice name. Uh, I'm Lukács, by the way," Lukács held out his hand. Weird, Betty didn't think people shook each other's hands anymore. She hadn't been greeted with a handshake in years.

"Betty," Betty shook his hand just as the bell rung, "I better be on my way."

"Yeah, me too. I'll see you later, locker neighbor!" The boy exclaimed before dashing down the hallway. Betty checked her schedule and grabbed her math books. The door to the class was only a couple meters away, but the walk there seemed to take forever. Betty walked into the classroom and sat in the last seat in the second row.

"Good morning class," The teacher, who had to be at least Betty's real age, murmured, "Welcome to advanced algebra.."

Boy, was this going to be a long school year.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:42 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

Feyre strolled down the hall, deftly avoiding the ongoing stream of teenagers coming towards her. She glanced at the piece of paper in her hand and scanned the numbers of the locker on the side of the wall. 1267, 1268, 1269...
There it was. She quickly grabbed her phone and glanced at it. A few more minutes until the bell rang, so she was fine. She grabbed her books and hurried off, pausing outside the door to her first class. Footsteps behind her made her turn, her eyes widening as she realized who it was.

"Grey," she greeted the tall boy.

He nodded to her, pushing open the door. "Feyre."

Rolling her eyes, she slipped into the class and sat down, her head already hurting. Someone near her was wearing silver, she could feel it.
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:09 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Arin and Simon entered the room right after the tall boy and the girl with the little music boxes did - and Arin almost immediately found a pair of open seats right next to the girl. Class hadn't started yet, according to the time on the clock and the currently unheard bell. Simon was already taking his supplies out of his backpack, but Arin was going to wait until class started. Right now, she had a different thing in mind.

"Hi," she said, ignoring the itch she was beginning to feel. Someone must have been wearing silver jewelry nearby - Simon was sure to feel it worse than her. But most kids didn't feel that way around silver, so Arin made sure to brush it aside and give the girl with the little music boxes a grin. "I'm Arin. Where did you get those little music boxes?"

"Air Pods," Simon interjected.

"Air Pods," Arin corrected.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:31 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
gently nudges roleplay
mage

queer and here.

18 Reviews

Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:22 am
View Likes
lillianna says...

Spoiler! :
sorryyyyy i’ve been really busy reading webtoons

she/her

142 Reviews

Don't be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.
— Roy T. Bennett