z

Young Writers Society

No Faith, No Trust, And Lots of Pixie Dust

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:34 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"The rest of me, dipshit," she said, shaking the bottle to loosen the dust. She wouldn't need all of it. Hell, she wouldn't even need half of it.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:36 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Okay. He should've been able to guess that. Fine.

He watched quietly, holding her things as she shook the bottle. He doubted she'd want any sort of feelsy goodbye, and he knew one wasn't warranted, so he held his tongue.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

95 Reviews

Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:39 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"Don't fuck up my jacket. It was expensive as hell and I was bedridden for a week from blood deprivation just to afford the damn thing," she said with a pointed look.

No, she was not delaying actually leaving. That clearly had to be said before she just up and left.

he/they

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:42 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"I will treasure it," he said quietly, sincere. He held it a little closer. He knew asking for her to take her stuff wouldn't end well. If she wanted to take them, she would.

He glanced down in his arms. The blood though, he didn't really have a use for. He shifted the items to one arm and pulled the vial out, holding it out to her.

"Don't forget your vial."

95 Reviews

Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:47 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She took it from him and tucked it into her trouser pocket.

The bottle of pixy dust had been shaken about as much as it could be, and she stopped, glowering at it for a moment before turned back to James. "You better not end up drinking yourself to death in some alley somewhere. My girlfriend's a sea witch and I swear tot he gods I will have her drag your sorry soul out of whatever afterlife you believe in just so I can tell you how stupid you are."

he/they

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:55 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

A small, soft smile formed on James's face and he nodded. There were a few things that passed through his mind in that moment. One being that, if he did die, it wouldn't be from drinking too much. He knew the next few days wouldn't be easy after drinking a lot regularly for some time, but he looked forward to being sober for the rest of his days. He didn't want to touch, taste, or smell alcohol ever again.

Would he feel like that tomorrow when he was experiencing withdrawal? Well, it wouldn't matter, would it? He didn't have any alcohol on him or money to support the gods-awful habit anyway.

"I'll miss you, Kate."

95 Reviews

Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:01 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She snorted, "Right. Keep alive. How you'll do that without supervision is beyond me. Maybe get a cat or something."

With that, she popped the cork out of the bottle and sprinkled a bit into her hand, already mourning her glitter-free hair. Happy thoughts. It was such bullshit, this whole magical process.

She didn't let herself put too much thought into it before she dumped the dust over her head. It rained down over her, and almost immediately she felt lighter. Her tunic lifted off her body and floated around her like she was underwater, and she located her happy thought. On my way home, Lully.

Her feet lifted off the ground and she floated up, level with the rooftops. She gave her new friend one last salute goodbye, and darted up into the sky.

he/they

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:14 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James watched in equal parts awe and wistful sadness as he watched Kate ascend into the air, saluting back to her before she eventually disappeared from sight.

He needed to stop making new friends like this. Not that he would ever take back time spent with Kate, or with Skull, but neither of them were from his world, and he had no way to contact them once they were gone.

He stared up into the sky for quite a long time, and then sighed.

He opened his sack and put away the items Kate had left behind before holding out the jacket in front of him and giving it a good look.

He slipped off his current jacket and put on the new one, tugging at the collar to adjust it under the satchel's shoulder strap. She had been right. It did fit him, probably better than it fit her.

He folded up his old jacket and stuffed it into the space left in his satchel, closed the flap, and started off into the forest. With no ships to head to, he was left to wandering.

Alone again, just like always.

~<>~

THE END

No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.
— John Donne