z

Young Writers Society

The Masks We Wear

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:01 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"Just because I know about demons doesn't mean I can necessarily do magic," Harper said, "The pastor is always ranting on and on about demons and stuff and he can't do magic. I mean, I can do magic - kind of - but it's not how or because I know about demons." She lifted her grimoire, "You could do it too. I can show you. Magic isn't, like, some inherent trait or anything."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:55 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Alice looked like she was about to faint at the suggestion. Edward wasn't all that surprised. She was a Muggleborn who had only just started learning about summoning demons - she could only handle so much groundbreaking magical information.

Edward, admittedly, also wasn't used to the idea of magic not being inherent, but he wasn't going to let that show. He was good at wearing metaphorical masks. He just wrapped his arm around Alice's shoulder, heading towards what looked like a staircase in the distance. If he was lucky, he could find a way up onto the roof. That would give them a good idea of where they were right now - and what they were up against.

"You can show her on the way," he said, glancing over his shoulder and grinning. "I think I might have found a staircase for us to go up."

He pointed a finger in the direction of the door.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool, you end up looking like a moron instead.
— Robin Hobb