590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:18 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The Birthday Party Tagbook

Brought to you by the Storybook Crew!

It had been quite sometime since Sae had partaken in a tagbook, but she vaguely remembered that part of the experience was frequently breaking the fourth wall - so doing exactly that seemed like just the right way to kick off the biggest birthday party that Young Writers Society had ever had.
------

Upon looking back, Sae realized that she should have included what exactly a tagbook was in her first post - so here's the gist of them! A tagbook is a storybook that features members of the site instead of characters, and the goal is to tag as many different people as you can! If you want an especially hard challenge, try tagging people who haven't been tagged yet or haven't replied yet. They tend to be very random and goofy, and there's no commitment involved...you can post as many times as you want!

And, now, back to your regularly scheduled post.

------

She had spent weeks helping to plan it; she had picked out just the right decorations, prepared and bought delicious foods, organized fun activities, and had even gone as far as inviting everyone on the site.

(Which had taken a decent amount of time, considering that there were thousands upon thousands of them.)

But now the big day was here.

The absolutely enormous building and land that she had rented was filled with people, all eagerly swapping YWS stories and the latest updates about their lives. As she walked through the building to see how things were going, she made sure to stop by the people she recognized and give them little hellos. "Hey, @BlueAfrica! Hey, @dywn! Hey, @zaminami! Hey, @Saruka! Hey, @CoffeeCat! Hey, @niteowl! Hey, @Holysocks!" The list went on and on. Sae knew a lot of people, and always wanted to greet all of them - which seemed like a great idea in theory, but it meant that she went far slower through the building than she would have liked.

She finally took a break near a group of people she knew quite well: the site's roleplayers. They were currently discussing their evil plans for some of their favorite and most active roleplays. @SirenCymbaline was eagerly discussing how she want to give her character Boris even more angst, while simultaneously trying to convince @Featherstone to tone down the amount of angst. @soundofmind, @TheSilverFox, @FireSpyGirl and @ChristenedPages eagerly listened to the conversation, all taking note on how they could further torture their protagonists.

And while all of this happened, @RaidenCheese lounged by the drinks table, sipping on a juice box inside of a wine glass, as was his style.

"Hey, guys!" Sae said, feeling just a tad bit guilty about interrupting the very entertaining conversation. "You guys liking the party so far?"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:18 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

"Yes we are. How about you?"
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:30 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Yeah!" Feather echoed. "Also, I'm really enjoying the chocolate fountain. It was a good choice."

"And the ice sculptures are a nice touch," Siren added, looking at the row of human-sized ice carvings lining the wall beside them. Meanwhile, soundofmind stood on the side, staring into the eyes of one of the sculpture's cold, colorless eyes.

It was a sculpture of a monkey, naturally. Beside it was a dragon.

"This guy's got a good look to him," sound observed, looking the monkey up and down. "I feel like he'd order me pizza on a down day and works as a temp at an office job. He just needs a tie."

"That would look very nice," a voice echoed in agreement from behind the sculpture, and sound jumped, backing away slightly.

A head popped out from behind it, revealing a friend.

"Good to see you all," @Carina said with a smile. Then @Omnom popped out from behind her, waving. And @Iggy materialized beside them, because she was just that powerful.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:39 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Fa and Killa sat talking with Natalie.
"Nice to see you guys!" @Fantascifi66 said with a smile, while @Bellarke and @WriterSister33 made their way through the crowd.
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:41 pm
View Likes
Bellarke says...

((Huh? What?))
“Who we are and who we need to be to survive are very different things.”

~Bellamy Blake

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:44 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@Bellarke, this is a tagbook! Think of it like a regular storybook, but the characters are actual members of the site. You try to tag other members in every post you do - especially ones that haven't been tagged/replied yet. They happened a lot in the past, so the Storybook Crew decided to bring them back for YWS's birthday!

They're meant to be very goofy and a lot of fun.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:54 pm
View Likes
Bellarke says...

Chris walks in the room, looking around at @TheWeirdoFromBeyond, and @GodHatesShane, and @questfinder33.. "Hi Guys!"

((OH okay...))
“Who we are and who we need to be to survive are very different things.”

~Bellamy Blake

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:25 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

"Alright, Henry, it's showtime!" Niteowl said as the bird, a gift from @Rydia herself, led a flock of owls carrying bundles of miniature dancing elephants :elephant: and evil smilies :twisted: to the door of the building @Saen had rented for this fabulous party. Ever since her former assistant Charlie had retired to pursue his lifelong passion of sheep farming, she hadn't been able to deliver gifts the way she used to. When @SantaYWS granted her bird's wish of coming to life, he jumped at the chance to help her carry on the legacy. Now all of the thousands of invitees would have enough smilies to last a lifetime.

"You get a gift! You get a gift! @Everybody gets a gift!" Henry chirped as the owls swooped in with their bundles.

"Wow, thanks for the gift, Nite" @Elinor said. "I take it you want to join in the poetry slam?" Actually, Nite had no idea there was a poetry slam, but that seemed like a great place to head.

"Hi Tae!" @Meshugenah greeted Nite from the top of a ridiculously tall ladder where she was hanging up a sign for Mesh and @Aley's PCrew Pajama Party jam! @Audy and @PenguinAttack were inside serving lemonade and cookies while @Clarity was testing the mic. @Casanova was scribbling lyrics to his newest song on a piece of paper while @alliyah was encouraging a new member to enter her poem in the contest.

"So there's a contest? What's the prize?"

"Ten million points and @fortis will read your poem in her awesome voice" @LadyBird said.

"Oh hi LadyBird! Maybe I'll read one of my old poems so you and @concord can skewer it." Niteowl was very glad none of her old works had fallen prey to their exhumation of old works during RevMo. As she was considering whether she would enter the contest, she saw @Snoink chasing her toddlers around.

"Hey Snoink! Glad to see you could make it. You planning to enter the contest?"

"Heavens, no! But Mary might."

"Oh, she'd win for sure. Unless @freakforchrist decides to show up and blow us all out of the water." Nite looked at all the orange name tags on Snoink's table. "Man, Sae really did invite everyone. You think @electricbluemonkey will show up? And @Duskglimmer?" Nite remembered the fateful day she greeted Dusky with the first Official Unofficial YWS Gift. Now gifts were a robust part of the YWS economy where you could gift anyone anything, even Pat Buchanan.

"I called @Griffinkeeper, but I don't know about the others."

"Hm...I'll see if my assistant can pull some YWS Birthday Magic. Henry?"

"Cock-a-doodle-doo, Distinguished Members, I call you!"

"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:09 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

@alliyah makes her way through a line of dancing elephants that @niteowl had brought for the party. She noticed sculptures and chocolate fountains, and more YWS users than she'd ever seen in one place before.

"Look at all these people here! Distinguished Members, Global Mods, JMs, and all of these great users!"

I think I even saw a few new members helping set-up for the party @thecakesatruth, @Chinku, and @Muzzammil were carrying a pile of poetry and decorations to the party-site.

alliyah handed each of these members a flyer advertising the latest poetry events and encouraging everyone to follow the Poem of the Week thread.

Fellow poetry pal @TheBlueCat made a motion to alliyah from across the room "alliyah, alliyah! I think there's a problem - the cake is missing!"

@Iggy, @PrincessInk, @MJTucker, @zaminami, @ShadowVyper, and @EagleFly all turned their heads at this revelation and there was a collective gasp. alliyah threw her flyers in the air and started pacing back and forth.

"Well where is the cake?" @Meshugenah shouted back, "wasn't someone supposed to be watching it?"

@BlueAfrica and @Vervain compared numbers of RSVPs written on official Accountability Club letterhead.

"This is going to be a problem. We have about 40,000 members who RSVPd and said they wanted cake." @Holysocks summed up the fears of everyone standing around.

"Could we do pie instead?" @LadyBird offered, getting out her list of Recipes.

"But someone must have the cake" @TheWeirdoFromBeyond said back.

"I don't like to point fingers, but I believe @Rydia said that she hid the cake" alliyah said to those gathered.

"Well then someone better find Rydia or better find that cake, because we're going to have a lot of hungry party goers" @Meshugenah said back while simultaneously sending out the signal to assemble search parties and making a phone-call to Batman.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:21 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

What a turnout! What a celebration! What a... lack of cake?

Coffee overheard the news: the cake had been snatched. For so long Coffee had been on a mission to convert unsuspecting YWSers into sharing and collaborating with each other — heck, she'd only advertised it on her wall everyday for the past week. Perhaps her chocolate chip cookie analogy hadn't been effective enough...

"What's up?" @AmberSunset asked, still new to these events — still so pure.

"Apparently the cake is gone, and also..." Coffee squinted through the confetti. "What is this ominous new option hovering above us?... 'Contact Mods'...?"

"No don't!" shouted @Arcticus, coming towards them from the direction of the poetry slam. "I have inspected this new phenomenon thoroughly, and it appears dangerous."

"Really?" said @EternalRain, taking out a Squills™ pen.

"Aww, it's not bad," @Mea assured, appearing from behind the chocolate fountain. "You can use it to contact a moderator for help, report a user, or for any other reason. At least that's what it says when you click on it."

There was a silent pause between the group present.

"Can we report @Rydia with it?!" blurted a few YWSers simultaneously.

Mea laughed, perhaps for too long. "Of course not! She has more power than all of us combined. The governance of this society is corrupt."

Coffee looked to @Tenyo and @WritingPrincess for suggestions, then back to the group. Meanwhile, many members of YWS were running around organising search parties to find the missing cake. This was disastrous; they needed a backup plan.

From nearby, @Hattable came into view, mixing a batch of peanut butter — his latest food instalment.

The gathered YWSers thought the same thing: could Hattable make a replacement cake?

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:22 pm
View Likes
Crysi says...

The very conspicuous coffin chilling in the corner of the room started shimmying.

Shimmy.... shimmy shimmy...

The fateful words had been spoken. Loud pops like deadbolts being unlocked echoed in succession from inside. Finally, slowly, over-dramatically, the lid began to creak open.

Creeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak...

"Can someone grab the WD40?" @Meshugenah yelled. She knew the contents of the coffin. She rolled her eyes and stomped off to whatever else was on her list. Seemed like chaos to everyone else, but she insisted everything on the list made perfect sense.

Meanwhile, fog began spilling from the coffin, soon accompanied by laser lights. Everyone began coughing and complaining they couldn't see. They were so distracted and annoyed that they missed the grand entrance.

Crysi pushed the lid of the coffin all the way back and climbed out. "You rang?"

No one paid attention. "Someone open a window! Whose lame idea was this?? Where's Big Brother when you need them??"

Crysi shook off some dust and stretched out her joints, accompanied by several pops and cracks. "Okay, okay, jeez. I thought I'd try to be 'hip' and be one of the 'cool kids' but I see my efforts are unappreciated." She pressed a button on the coffin, and the lasers turned off. She pressed another button, which seemed to turn the coffin into a vacuum, sucking all the fog back in through a vent. "There. Happy?"

@Nate shook his head. Why do I still invite her to these things? he thought wearily. I've had to deal with her antics for... He checked his watch. Fourteen years tomorrow! "Holy Pat Buchanan!" he shouted.

Crysi turned to look at him. "Nate! At least someone around here appreciates me... Anyway, I see you're all trying to get the party together, but everyone knows the party doesn't start until @ZZAP, @OverEasy, and @Vasticity get here!"

Crickets chirped. No one had any idea who she was talking about. "I think Grandma Crys is off her meds again," someone muttered.

@Hattable walked over to her, still mixing the peanut butter. "Taste," he said, sticking a spoon in her mouth.

"Mish shrelly goob," Crysi said. "Gosh miksh?"

"Milk! I forgot about the milk!" @Meshugenah shouted from somewhere near the floor.

"I be ribe here ib you neeb meh," Crysi choked out, then crawled back into the coffin. It was nap time.
Love and Light

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:07 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

What an exciting day, what fun to be had, what mischief to inevitably explore? A YWS party would not, afterall, be a party without a few pranks and some kind of ridiculous disaster, like that time they accidentally hired all of those killer robots to staff the event. Whoops! Honestly though, it had worked out fine in the end and everyone always came back the next year; it was practically tradition by now.

The other big tradition was cake. With almost 50,000 people invited, there had to be enough cake to go around so the YWS chefs (re-programmed robots who were strictly instructed to only flambe steaks and blow-torch meringue) had been hard at work all week under the careful supervision of @Pretzelstick and @Kale. There was chocolate cake, vanilla cake, cheesecake in a hundred different flavours (including the slightly odd choice of cabbage) and the belle of the ball, a gigantic pirate ship shaped cake which Rydia herself had personally commissioned.

Truly the sight of so much cake was wonderful to see... for Rydia. Afterall, she had hidden every last piece and nobody was ever going to find where the super secret cake stash was, not unless that is, they took part in a very important event.

Sneaking back up the secret passageway and into the main room, Rydia stepped on to the stage. "Listen up everyone! I-"

"Rydia, there you are! What's all this nonsense about hiding my cake?" @Meshugenah demanded at the head of a mob of rightly annoyed unruly writers, some of them clutching empty paper plates or plastic cutlery.

"I was just getting to that, thank you very much. Hello people! Some of you may not know me but I'm one of the organisers of the site and I help put together these parties and I thought this year it would be really fun if everyone had to complete a scavenger hunt before you get any cake."

There was a deathly silence around the room; everyone clearly did not think it was really fun.

"So @AstralHunter and @soundofmind are going to help give out these papers." Rydia passed them toward two of the rather confused anti-cake theft movement who seemed to be deciding if they should follow their captain's orders or call for a mutiny. "And all you have to do is check off everything on the list then boom, you'll find the por- the secret passage to the cake."

"It's a portal," @zaminami offered helpfully. "Definitely a portal."

Rydia frowned, wondering who had been telling people about her secret way of getting around the YWS mansion. So not cool. "Anyway, I'm sure you'll all have lots of fun with this!" Then Rydia stepped off the stage and flipped open her y-phone to check her notifications. Lots of reports in the Contact Mods folder, who were- "Hey, you can't report me!"

Spoiler! :
Rydia's Scavenger Hunt List

1. Tag five new people
2. Tag five people who have already been mentioned/ already posted
3. Hang a festive decoration
4. Give someone a gift
5. Talk about a past YWS event
6. Thank Saen for the invitation
7. Explore the venue
8. Right something that is wrong
9. Make wrong something that is right
10. Steal something without getting caught
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:40 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Well, a scavenger hunt! What fun! What thrills! What adventures! PrincessInk smiled ear to ear as she picked up @Rydia's list.

"Tag five new people," she read to the person standing nearest to her, who happened to be @soundofmind. "Well, that won't be too difficult. And I do love a fabulous game of tag. Unless that is, they don't know about the tag."

She clapped her hands and summoned her hummingbird entourage. In a flash of all the marvelous rainbow colors, they swooped toward her, zipping through the startled crowd. Yelps ensued. "Well, dears!" she said. "I want you to find someone who hasn't been tagged yet and TAG them. Get it?"

Rydia was passing around '@' stickers, and the hummingbirds made a hummingbird-line to them and scattered them all over the floor.

"Nooo," the people nearby groaned. With a sigh, @Evander picked up a broom and began to sweep away at the stickers, accidentally tagging himself meanwhile.

"One down!" shouted @Saruka. "We're one down."
always daydreaming, always clumsy

It is a happiness to wonder; it is a happiness to dream.
— Edgar Allan Poe