Young Writers Society

Faustian Free Trial

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:01 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

-Faustian Free Trial-

Attention, possessor of a human soul! You have been offered, among others in this area, to receive a special modular contract with the devil!

These contracts are an experimental devil business plan, spearheaded by me, Memphis T. Fleece. I'll be on hand monitoring your usage of the contracts, so just speak of the devil, and I'll be there! Sounds too good to be true, right? Well, let me let you in on a little secret.

We are running out of human souls in hell. Ever since that Faust deal went public, almost nobody's been biting at soul contracts. You know what that means, don't you?

It means low, low prices!

This free trial will operate by giving you the power of a Level 1 Contract seal! You need merely specify a power that it will grant you, and it will be done! You will possess that skill for the remainder of the trial run, and given a custom tattoo of the seal on your hand.

Your power is decided by you, the customer! Limited pyrokinesis, limited flight, fully detachable head! There's also the option to upgrade the Level of your Contract, for even more power. Though this will gradually cost something extra with each usage. Your energy, your sight, your morals, anything of equal value will do!

I guarantee these powers will come in handy, especially when demons have been breaking out of hell in search of human souls! Luckily, we have you to defend this town, don't we? So, what do you say?

Sign Your Name Here _________________________________

---------------------------------------------------------------

The Plot

This storybook will revolve around its cast, but also the different demons that appear throughout. You have the option to either start the story with your contract or gain it later in the book. Once the main cast (6 people, maybe?) is set, a demon will be released upon our small town of Goetheburg. Deal with that as you see fit, but another demon will follow and so on. Each writer is encouraged to take initiative and slaughter as many as they can!

The Characters

Characters can be of any age and type, as long as they can realistically be fitted into a small-town setting. Also, the Level 1 Contract Powers won't be very strong, but they'll do in a pinch. Consider room for improvement!

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Level 1 Contract Power:
Romanceability:
Etcetera:

The sun can square up and fight me. Apollo is just another bi disaster, and I could take him.
— AlmostImmortal