Danganronpa: Hope's Peak

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:48 pm
View Likes
Saruka says...

Taji Kubota
Ultimate Mathematician

"So we're just supposed to pretend like everything's fine?" Taji blurted. "Go about our everyday lives here with the threat of being murdered at any second?" There was probably no point to arguing with- whatever this was- but she had already started. "That doesn't sound much like a school environment to me!"
a lesbian disaster

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:40 pm
View Likes
Kanome says...

Sora Tacchin - Ultimate Musician

She rested her chin on the palm of her hand, listening to Mr. Monokuma explain the rules and regulations. She couldn’t believe what was happening around her. Everyone was skeptical about what the teacher was saying.

Sora looked through the student handbook that was handed to her. ‘This is really happening.’ She thought.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:39 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

Takuro Ginza

"Well, I'm glad you're deciding to be generous, Monokuma," he said, sidling up to grab his tablet. Give me your rules, and I'll upend each one, he thought, booting up the electronic display.

His face paled as he saw his name appear on the screen. The rest of his smug comment died soft, and he clutched the tablet to his chest, retreating back to his seat.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:26 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kaito Yasushi
Ultimate Voice Actor

As Kaito returned to his seat with his tablet and all of the other students received theirs, he poked at it and started looking through the apps before Monokuma instructed them to open the Student Handbook. Kaito's eyes scanned the list.

SCHOOL HANDBOOK REGULATIONS:

1. Leaving the school premises is not permissible at any time.

2. "Nighttime" is from 10pm to 7am. The cafeteria is off limits and close off at night, so please exercise caution.

3. Sleeping anywhere other than the dormitory will be seen as sleeping in class and punished accordingly.

4. With minimal restrictions, you are free to explore Hope's Peak Academny at your own discretion.

5. Violence against Principal Monokuma is strictly prohibited, as is destroying or vandalizing surveillance cameras.

6. Anyone who kills a fellow student will graduate unless they are discovered.

7. Additional school regulations may be added as necessary.

As all of the students began reading through the list, Monokuma started talking again.

"If you haven't noticed already, each of you should have your dorm room key on your person."

Kaito checked his pockets. Sure enough, there was a key in there, with a bright pink tag attached with his name on it.

"Everyone is designated a room key and a room. You name will be outside of your door on a plaque. Keys and locks are specifically made so they cannot be lock-picked. Please do not lose your key, as it's a hassle to make replacements. Your room comes furnished with a bathroom and shower. The rooms are totally soundproof." Monokuma tapped his foot as if in thought, and held his chin. "Hmm... I think that's about it! You'll find a map of the school on your tablets as well, and each of you has tool kits in your room for... well, you know." Monokuma winked. "Murderous things."

After a small pause, Monokuma clapped his paws.

"Wellp! Looks like that's all for today, class! Feel free to explore your new school! Toodles!" And with that, a small compartment opened and closed underneath the desk Monokuma stood on, and the bear disappeared from sight.

Kaito blinked. He didn't quite know how to feel anymore, but he knew no one was going to actually follow through on the whole murder thing. Right? He looked around at the other students, feeling a small tinge of doubt.

Now that he thought about it, he wasn't sure that he could be so sure.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:52 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

Takuro Ginza

He wasn’t trying not to panic; that’s to say, he was panicking, but in a muted, productive manner.

His mind raced with all the possibilities of their situation. Monokuma seemed to know far too much about them. Then again, as Ultimates, they were small-time celebrities already. Still, what purpose could he have for confining them? Especially when he already held them entirely at his mercy.

Privately, he also wondered: Was Monokuma a completely metal automaton, or was he squishy like a bear?

These questions and more were dashed as he realized the state of the other Ultimates. They were looking around the room, unsure of themselves. Slowly, their gazes turned to each other, not as classmates, but as suspicious strangers. He recognized those looks, and they spelled distrust.

I’m not much of a leader, he thought to himself, but none of us need to know that.

“Ahem.” He was beaten to the punch by a cough from a studious-looking boy next to him. “Well, I suppose we should introduce ourselves. My name is Logan Sanders. I hold the title of Ultimate Comedian.” He looked thoughtful for a moment, then added, “Bazinga.”

A nervous laugh rippled through the students. It was a good try, but it would take more than that to break the ice. Luckily, the boy with the untrustworthy face was willing to try.

“I’m...Takuro Ginza. I’m the Ultimate Publicist, which I promise, is cooler than it sounds.” Another laugh or two. “It’s nice to meet you all.”

And with that, the order was set. They continued introducing themselves in a clockwise sequence. It was like the first day of elementary school, each one slightly hesitant to engage, but gradually warming up as they continued. Ginza kept a smile on his face as he filed away information on each one of them.

“Looks like we make a pretty stellar group,” Ginza beamed.

The girl he now knew as Rosaleen Streinberg shrugged. “Maybe. We could’ve used an Ultimate Demolitions Expert, blow up that freakin’ bear.”

“Maybe,” Ginza agreed, “But I still think we may have a way out of this situation, as long as we work together.” His voice had carried an odd weight with those last words, barely perceptible, but frighteningly serious.

Carlotta Eberhardt was the next to speak. “For now though, why don’t we split up? We should be able to find clues elsewhere in the school.” All the time, she hadn’t taken her stare off of Ginza.

Ginza pretended not to notice, and nodded. “Everyone, let’s do our best! I’ll be counting on you!” Again, his enthusiasm ripped through them like a toxic shock. Ginza turned away to hide his motionless expression.

The group slowly dispersed after that, most of them pairing up before leaving the room. It was a natural precaution. Ginza hadn’t expected to coerce their friendship in a single sitting. He hung back, leaning on a desk, until he approached a girl who was kneeling at the podium where Monokuma had disappeared.

“Looking for his exit routes?” he asked, pulling up a chair beside her. “Good idea. You find anything neat?”

The girl ignored him, her green eyes scanning the seams of the metal platform.

Ginza frowned and tried again. “Miss Taji Kubota, right? I’m Takuro Ginza, though I prefer ‘Ginza’. What can I call you?”

“Hey, Kuro,” Taji said, not looking up. “You’re distracting me a little.”

“Oh, sorry,” Ginza backpedaled, pressing his lips together. Did she just give me a nickname offhandedly?

“Don’t be,” she reassured, but she showed no sign of further conversation. Sensing a loss, Ginza got up from his chair and exited the classroom.

Right outside, he re-entered the subtle stare of Carlotta Eberhardt. “Hi!” He waved cheerfully. “Wanna explore with me?”

She agreed with a nod, and as they walked, he couldn’t help but notice her darting glances, from the floor to the ceiling, as though tracking the gears of some cosmic puzzle.

“Are you really the Ultimate Publicist?” she asked finally, looking him in the eye.

Ginza pursed his lips. “Is my image not publicist-y enough?” His yellow-ish vest jutted out in question.

“It’s plenty public. But it took you a second to come up with it, didn’t it? And the way you kept talking, it was like you were trying to enforce something.”

Ginza’s eyes narrowed, and he looked into Carlotta’s, which were wide and piercing. “I can’t lie to you,” he admitted. “I’m only the Ultimate Publicist in that I call myself a publicist. Helps hide the real me. Yours truly is unofficially the Ultimate Propagandist!”

Ginza pressed a thumb to his chest and smiled. “You did well solving that mystery.”

“You seemed to want it solved,” Carlotta observed.

“Maybe I did! Or maybe I just wanted someone to talk to.” He gestured to the stairs. “Shall we?”

The two of them advanced through the school, each anticipating in their own way the killing school life that would follow. I'm one step ahead, Monokuma, Ginza boasted mentally. I'll see to it that murder never becomes an option.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:17 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kaito Yasushi
Ultimate Voice Actor

When Carlotta suggested they split up, it seemed the most natural thing to do. One, because staying in a large group would be hard to manage. And two, because that was just how school worked. Which meant that the present moment was a moment of fateful decision. Whoever he chose to be his friend now could end up being his closest friend for the rest of the school y- wait.

Kaito had to remind himself that this wasn't just normal school. This was... murder school. Or whatever. Somehow, if only for a moment, Ginza and Logan had given him a false sense of confidence - as if class introductions would ever be this formal, or organized. And as if any sort of conversation like this would happen without a teacher. And that was one thing he didn't like. The lack of teachers. There were no adults. Did that mean that adults were doing this to them? Watching them? He briefly eyed a camera in the corner of the room, perched up on the wall.

If there were cameras, someone was watching.

He flipped around to the kid with glasses. Logan Sandy something. The comedian. He had to make friends, so with a hand held out for a handshake, he smiled, trying not to look as terrified as he was. Because somehow, he was managing to keep a cool head - which was anything but intentional and had to be instinctual.

"Any kid who likes to make jokes for a living has my mad respects," he said to Logan.

Logan gave him a warm smile and shook his hand. "Thank you," he said, readjusting his glasses with his free hand. "It is always comforting to know that someone enjoys my humor, especially in a situation like this."

He gestured at the area around them.

"Well, to be fair, I have seen some of your stuff before, I think. You've got a pretty solid fanbase on the internet," Kaito replied.

He looked mildly embarrassed at the comment. "That would be Roman and Patton's work. Roman was the one who first suggested that I film some of my more comedic moments. Patton, of course, was all over it - I suspect that a good number of fan accounts are run solely by him."

"Ohh, so you don't work alone. Nice, "Kaito nodded, trying to look interested as his gaze drifted from Logan to the girl behind him. She was poking around on her tablet, but he could see her watching them from the corner of her eye.

"Hey, what about you," he said, pointing his chin at her as they made eye contact. "You said you were a musician. What's your name again?"

The young girl paused, but got up out of her chair to walk over to them.

"Sora Tacchin."

He gave her a firm handshake as well, before looking back over to Logan.

"Looks like we've got a lot of entertainers in our class," he commented, voice shifting to that of an announcer and lowering a few octaves. "Music! Comedy! Me!" He pointed to himself, or rather, his face. "Or my voice, I mean," he said with a little shrug.

Logan gave him a completely blank look. "What did you act in again?"

Kaito blinked a few times, still frozen in his pose with his hand pointed at his face. It took him a second, but he noticed the look in Logan's eye. Ultimate Comedian? Of course he was joking. He half-forced a laugh and elbowed Logan in the side.

"Haha, pffff," he blew through his lips with a grin, desperate to conceal his minorly damaged ego.

Logan smiled. It was almost a smirk, but not fully there. "Roman adored your work in Frozen 2. He raved about it for a good week before he found another interest - and, for Roman, that it is quite a long time."

Kaito had immediately recovered. Ego, refueled. He stepped back, wearing a pleased grin. "Oh wow, well, I'm glad he liked it! The sequel was really fun to work -" His stomach made a loud, wheezing cry of hunger mid-sentence. "-on..." The rest of his words descended into silence as he looked down at his stomach, and then gave it a little pat.

"Well I guess that means it's time to find food," he decided. He gave a brief glance around the room before heading towards the door - at first in a slow walk and gradually escalating to a fast pace. "Come on!" He called out to Sora and Logan.

Sora and Logan exchanged brief glances before they both hurried to follow.

When Kaito emerged into the wide hallway, he was on a mission. His eyes scanned above for signs, passing another classroom as he found the passageway to the first floor that said it had the cafeteria (and the dorms. and other things he wasn't really paying attention to). As he stepped down the stairs, the slap of his flip flops between the steps and his heels echoed throughout the stairwell, and carried out with them as he began to run past the dorm rooms, gripping the strap of his flip flops with his toes.

He did briefly notice seeing his picture and name on a door but he didn't want to look at it. He was hungry, and food was going to be his sole focus for this moment if he could help himself. It was better than thinking about anything else.

When he saw the cafeteria sign he almost tripped to a stop as his flip flops slid around his feet, and he hopped twice to readjust them on his feet before dramatically pushing both of the swinging doors open with one grandiose gesture.

"And here, we have arrived!" He announced, again in his token announcer voice. "Here we can see the... surprisingly beautiful cafeteria architecture, with its vaulted ceilings and its sleek, modern design. The metal picnic-table style seating and the shimmery tile floor give a nice touch with the addition of the bright light-" his voice cut off and immediately jumped an octave. "AND OH MY GOSH THEY HAVE BREAKFAST FOOD I LOVE BREAKFAST FOOD YESSSSSSSSS!" He shouted as he sprinted off towards the buffet-style set-up, grabbed a plate, and began to pile eggs, bacon, and fruit on his plate. It was then that he saw Sora and Logan following slowly up behind him.

"You seem... very excited about food," Sora commented.

Kaito shoved a piece of bacon in his mouth.

"And rightfully so," Logan replied, grabbing a plate himself. "I'm really hungry too."

Sora quietly grabbed her own plate, and took her time serving herself as she followed behind Logan and Kaito.

"It makes me wonder how long we were out though. Because I feel like I haven't eaten in days," she said, putting some bread in the toaster.

"Ibn't that bind of mormal bor beens?" Kaito asked through a mouthful of food.

"For teens? Of course. But not beens," Logan said with a small smile. "Though maybe human beens."

Kaito snorted with a hand over his mouth as he swallowed, trying to keep himself from spitting food out.

"That was terrible," Kaito snickered.

"All of the good puns are," Logan smirked.

The three finished piling up their plates and found one table, among many, to sit at and eat. They ate partially in silence apart from a bunch of small-talk and a few jokes thrown out between the three of them, but when Kaito finished inhaling his food, Logan threw out a suggestion.

"So I saw we passed a bunch of the dorm rooms," he said, looking between Sora and Kaito. "Once we're all done, I really want to go check them out. I think it'd be good for us to take a look."

"That sounds like a good idea," followed Sora, who nodded.

"Yeah, let's do it," said Kaito, though less enthusiastic than the others. Not that any of them were overly enthusiastic in the first place.

As the other two kept eating, Kaito reached into his pocket, feeling for the room key that had already been put there. For a moment, he wondered if Monokuma was the one who slipped the keys into their pockets - which was a weird image to envision, considering they'd all been knocked out some way or another. But then a part of him wondered if they had been the ones to put them there. If they'd received their keys right before they were kidnapped. If they had been conscious at any point in the school process, but had forgotten because of whatever drug or something they'd been given to knock them all out at once.

He knew that didn't sound right, or feel right. Mostly because he didn't like the idea of forgetting something he'd lived. But there was something... about the key. When he pulled it out and looked at it again in his hands, he couldn't help but feel like it was familiar. Like he should've known it from before. Or something.

He closed his eyes briefly and shook his head.

He was probably just overthinking things because he was stressed.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:24 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Logan Sanders

Ultimate Comedian

They had made their way to the dorms in a surprisingly short period of time. It was in part due to Logan's insistence that they needed to arrive in some place that had a table; Kaito had been making quite the mess as he partook in devouring one of the waffles he had taken from the cafeteria. Though Logan had been far from thrilled about being trapped in a school run by a lunatic, he also despised leaving unneccessary messes. A table was far easier to clean than a floor, especially when a bathroom was in the near vicinity.

They came to a stop in front of their respective rooms. By some stroke of luck - or maybe a wise decision from their abnormal principal - it appeared that their rooms were close together. He wasted no time in directing them towards his own room. As Kaito walked past him, he gently guided him in the direction of his desk. Some water and a towel would easily remove whatever stains the syrup left.

That left Sora. He graciously offered part of his bed for her to sit on. Once she had done so, he joined her on the little bit of the bed that was remained open. Though the bed was certainly large, Monokuma had certainly exceeded expectations with the number of pillows - and sheer size of them.

He had spent the majority of the walk from the cafeteria to this room mulling over what had happened to them. Kaito had been too busy with his latest snack to initiate a conversation like he had before, and Sora had grown just as silent as Logan himself had. It was hard to suddenly switch topics when something so monumental had just completely changed the courses of their lives.

But he was a comedian, and what comedians did best was relieving people of their pain. It was his duty as the Ultimate Comedian to lighten the mood. Whether that be by a joke - which he suspected would be poorly received - or by simply changing the subject to something less serious, he would fulfill that duty. Kaito and Sora seemed like decent people; neither one of them had caused him any harm yet, and he doubted either one would do so in the near future. They simply didn't have the personality for more heinous activities.

He took a cue from the conversation he had with Kaito when before their venture to the cafeteria. A simple reference to someone's love of his work had improved his mood considerably. It was possible that Sora would react in the same way to praise. Claiming that he had personally listened to her music would be a falsehood, but referencing the tastes of one of his,,,brothers would not be.

He turned to Sora. "I meant to mention this earlier in our conversations," he began, giving her a warm smile, "but Virgil listens to your music quite frequently. I believe he would like to someday met you in person, though he would never admit such a thing with Roman or Patton in the room."

"Are Roman and Patton, like, your agents or something?" Kaito asked after swallowing a bit of waffle.

"I suppose you could say that," Logan mused, folding his arms together and turning his gaze towards Kaito. He gave a small smile - not the friendly one from before, but one that displayed a sort of fondness to the others present. "The three of them - Roman, Patton and Virgil - are my brothers. Roman has always had a flair for the dramatic, while Patton has a tendency to act like a doting parent instead of a brother. And Virgil..."

He paused for a moment. He had tried not to think too much of him in particular during the previous conversations. but now it was hard to avoid the topic. The two of them had always been close. Roman and Patton would happily go on adventure after adventure in their childhood. Logan had always preferred a good book to an outdoor venture, while Virgil had played his disinterest off as simply not caring for that sort of thing - though Logan had come to realize that it was because he was terrified of everything that could possibly go wrong.

"Virgil is my advisor of sorts," he settled on. It was the closest description he would be able to decide on. "He has always had a good sense of what is wise and what is unwise. He does the majority of the editing for my videos, and suggests possible alternatives for some of my less humorous ones."

"So your brothers are like your partners. They like, helped build you. And your career," Kaito replied.

"Yes," Logan said, readjusting his glasses.

And he wasn't sure how he was ever going to survive something like this without them.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Journeys end in lovers' meeting.
— William Shakespeare