What Happens in New York, Stays in New York

9 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 9
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:30 pm
View Likes
kat13254 says...

Sofia

This guy was nice and all, but damn he was forward. I was definitely not into him. I was fine flirting with him and all until he tries grabbing my ass. I was not prepared for it and it set me off hard. The mental image of that damn pastor comes in my head and I slap him. Hard.
The sound echos around the room, and he looks pissed. He grabs my hand and I instinctively grab his neck. Rage fuels me. Fucking paedophile. Fucking parents. Years of pent up anger comes out on him. I dig my nails into his neck until I feel a bit of blood, when I hear Math call out.
"Stop it! Now!"
Fuck! I snap out of the emotions I was feeling and I realize what I was doing. I back away, him still holding my wrist.
"I-im sorry!" I whimper out. I see the bit of blood on his neck and his hand on my wrist and instinctively bite my lip hard enough to draw blood.
I'm not upset at what I did.I'm just upset my emotions had that much control over me.
When the guy Math was talking to calls out he let's go of my wrist and I run over Maths side and grab his arm shakily. He'll probably misinterpret it as fear, but it's not. It's anxiety at what he'll do to me.
"I'm sorry Math... He just grabbed me and I-"I realize I'm panting and sweating, so I take a deep breath trying to calm myself down.
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:50 pm
View Likes
Daenyss says...

Sierra

I smiled at the woman, who had just introduced herself as Mila. "I'm Rose. Good to meet you," I answered her, offering my hand.

She grasped it with an equal smile. "It's gonna be good having another fighter in the field. What's your training?"

"Dance, gymnastics, about a dozen different kinds of martial arts, and then about six months as the head of Hell's Angels."

She raised an eyebrow at me. "Hell's Angels?"

I smirked. "You know it."

"No wonder you seem familiar," Mila laughed. "Pretty sure we fought in an alley once."

"Eh, we might have," I shrugged, also laughing. "We were more of a graffiti group than anything serious. Just wanted to get out there and spread the message of the silenced, you know?"

"I hear that, I respect that," she nodded as she began to walk over to a group of people. "Hey guys, this is a new recruit, Rose. She'll be joining us as a fighter. She's damn good, and she could give any of you a run for your money any day."

I blushed as the rest of them introduced themselves. Avery, Riley, Jace, Markson. They looked similar, but I knew that soon they would become differentiated in my mind.

"Nice to meet you," Markson(I think) greeted me. "Can't wait to go hand to hand someday."

"She's also pretty alright with some spray paint," Mila interjected. "I've seen her work."

"New graffiti artist in the house!" Avery called, laughing. "This is gonna be great."

"We gotta get you an assignment pronto," Riley smiled, swinging an arm around my waist and starting to lead me over to where a red-haired man was standing. "You're gonna make waves."

I blushed as we came even with him. "Yo, Tom. We gotta get blondie here an assignment pronto. Mila says she's good, hand to hand and with some spray paint," Riley stated, relaying my sparring partner's words.

I blushed even harder at that. "We'll see what we can do," Tom answered with a smile, right before the sound of a slap echoes around the room and all hell breaks loose with Sofia.
I'm the most indecisive person you've ever met, so don't expect me to figure out your life for you.

9 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:19 pm
View Likes
kat13254 says...

Sofia
Oh.my. God. Fuck my life. They're all gonna hate me..
I pull myself away from everyone and hug myself, when I accidentally back into someone.
"O-oh I'm sorry!" I turn my head when I see it's Sierra. I grab my arms hard and flinch, afraid that I'll be hit. When she doesn't I slowly look up, and when I meet her eye I flinch again.
Why did I let myself get carried away... I lost control...
"I-im sorry" my voice is barely above a whisper. "I thought he.. Back then... Priest.. Fuck I'm sorry!" I run out of the room and hide myself around the corner and slide down the wall.
I'm having a full blown panic attack and I don't even hear someone coming around the corner. I can barely breathe and I'm lightheaded. I fucked up so bad...
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:40 pm
Sujana says...

Math

Math was going to approach Rose over her apparent fighting skills, only to find Sofia going into panic mode, attacking the boy she was with earlier.

Thomas looked at him with an odd glint in his eyes, and Math groaned. As Sofia stumbled backwards into random people, holding her head with her nails, Math grabbed her by the shoulders, pulling her aside to the corner of the room. People stared, but nobody worth a damn bothered.

"Look at me," Math whispered, hoarsely, shaking the girl. Sofia still seemed stuck in her own thoughts. "Look at me, damn it."

She looked like she was about to cry. Math rolled his eyes, shaking his head. This is just like the man from the farm--

No, no, not the time to think about him right now.

"Look, if you're going to keep doing this I'm going to ask you to go home and get a doctor to deal with your shit," Math started, trying very hard not to use his usual method of physical violence to deal with emotional problems, "because if you're going to keep getting into episodes like this, you could get an entire crew killed on the job."

Sofia sniffed.

"Are you even listening to me?" Math's voice was high. Very high. The scene quieted, suddenly, and he realized he was shouting at her.

He coughed. Then, he sighed. Sofia was looking at him, now, at least. "Listen. I need you to tell me what the fuck is going on." he arched a brow at her. "You understand that we can't have you like this constantly, right?"
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

9 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:51 pm
View Likes
kat13254 says...

Sofia

"I'm sorry I'm so sorry...he grabbed me... And... Parents... Priest...
I was 11..."
I get too overwhelmed by my own memories,and collapse in his arms,my breathing so shallow and fast my vision is blurry. I hear him talking but it's all mumbled. The last thing I remember before passing out is looking up at him.
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

383 Reviews

Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:27 pm
Sujana says...

Math

"Oh, for God's sake," Math hissed, pulling the collapsed girl in his arms. Thomas was approaching him, obviously worried. "Get her a cold towel. I think it might be shock, or trauma, or whatever."

"Hand her to me, lad," Thomas offered, pulling the collapsed girl into her grasp, "I've seen it in vets before. This, uh, might take a while."

Math rolled his eyes. He left Sofia to Thomas, who seemed to be more capable than he could ever be. Rose was heading his way, along with Mila, an old-time member. She seemed concerned, but maybe not concerned enough to actually care for the odd girl.

"What was with her?" Rose asked.

He recalled something about a priest, and touching. He figured he could piece together what had happened, but he thought it might not be a good idea to give Rose that sort of information. You don't know with girls--they could be unusually cruel once they've decided some people aren't worth the time of day.

"It's not any of your business," he decided. "Come over here. I've got to talk to you about those moves you just showed Mila."

"She's a natural, Mattie," Mila laughed.

Math smiled. "Right." He still wasn't impressed, but he was getting there. "So, Tommy over there just gave us a job. You familiar with the Nuestras?"

30 Reviews

Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:39 pm
View Likes
Daenyss says...

Sierra

i tried my best to be concerned, but her actions were reminding me of back when I'd started the Hell's Angels, back when I didn't have an escape from the terrors of my past. Math was doing his best to help, and eventually Thomas took over. Choking back my own emotions, I pulled my game face back on.

"What was with her?" I asked Math, brushing off how much I cared.

"It's not any of your business," he told me, and I sighed internally. That's fair, I thought. People shouldn't think I care when I act like I don't.

Mila and Math chatted for a second about my little spar with her, and then Math asked me if I was familiar with the Nuestras.

I laughed at that. "Familiar with them? I've done a few things on their turf."

He raised a slightly uncaring eyebrow, questioning my meaning. "Hell's Angels," I explained. "That graffiti group. I had some guys do a few pieces on the Familia's land. Hell, I did a few myself just for the fun of it."

Math once again questioned what I was saying. "Had guys do a few pieces?"

A smirk gained control of my face. "Well, you know, when you run a graffiti group, you do get to tell people what to do."
I'm the most indecisive person you've ever met, so don't expect me to figure out your life for you.

9 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:01 pm
View Likes
kat13254 says...

Sofia

I feel myself waking up, but I don't want to open my eyes. Damn, I'm exhausted. I feel like I just ran a marathon. At least I feel a lot calmer.
I finally force myself to open my eyes and sit up, when I see an unfamiliar face and open my mouth to scream when he covers my mouth.
"Sh. I'm Thomas. You passed out, what happened"
"Nothing. Sometimes I get really worked up. It's happened before." I shrug it off, acting like it was nothing.
"Where's Math?" I ask extremely concerned. He's gonna hate me. I almost start hypervenilating when he touches my back which calms me enough I don't panic.
"Math's in the other room talking to Sierra. Something important."
"Ah." Is all I can manage to say.
I stand up, slightly dizzy, and he catches me with a single hand on my back, I shake it off and walk back out into the main area, I pause and just stare out at the crowd.
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

30 Reviews

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:35 pm
View Likes
Daenyss says...

I held up a hand to Math and walked over to Sofia, moving slowly and lacing everything about my carriage with gentleness, the way I'd do with an injured stray on the street.

"Are you good?" I asked, layering my voice with a softness that I usually kept out of it.

She bit her lip, hesitant to talk to me, and I smiled gently. "Hey. I don't bite, you know," I assured her. "Not when people haven't earned it."

She sniffed again, and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. "You know where to find me if you want to talk."

I turned my back on her and walked back over to Math, who was looking at me quizzically. "Continue," I said, but he just continued to look at me like I was a puzzle he couldn't figure out.

383 Reviews

Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:21 pm
Sujana says...

Math

Math wasn't going to ask questions he didn't need to, so he continued as he was told. He told Rose of the problem with the dealer and the Nuestra general.

"Seems pretty petty," Rose said.

"Yeah, well, one man's petty is another man's grave. Especially considering the Nuestras and their firepower," he looked at the note Tom gave him. "The dealer's name is Norman Moretti. I have a couple of ideas on how to go about this, but if you have an idea, that's also cool. Preferably an idea that doesn't involve kickboxing."

Rose considered the statement.

9 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:38 pm
kat13254 says...

Sofia

Sierra comes up to me, which is weird. I'm super tense, but I try to relax, but I can't.
I walk up to Math and Sierra, afraid to interrupt, but wanting to make them think I'm fine.
"Hey!" I say in my cheeriest voice. "What are you guys talking about?"
"Nothing." Says Sierra, but I'm not weak, so I'm not gonna let her exclude me. I put on my strongest voice,
"I asked what you're talking about!" I smile in a sickenly sweet way. I grab Maths arm, and push myself up against him.
"You'll tell me right Math, darling?" I kiss his cheek, whispering in his ear, I'm not weak darling. I just lost control because of a flashback." I dig my nails into his arm in a slightly playful way, slightly teasing. The teasing isn't in a flirting way, but in a way saying I'm not going anywhere.
I smile at everyone in the circle. I'm not going to take no for an answer.
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

30 Reviews

Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:12 am
Daenyss says...

I smile, but not in the fake way Sofia is. No, my smile is all comfort and happiness. "We're talking about ways to deal with people that don't involve kickboxing," I answered her, and she rolled her eyes.

"I was told it was important," she hints, still in her fairly teasing manner.

"It is important. Kickboxing can get you pretty banged up, and that's not exactly ideal," I informed her, my tone deadly serious.

She huffed, and I smiled at Math and whispered in his other ear. "We need to talk before we go. I have a good relationship with the Nuestras, and also you need to get control of your center of gravity in case one of the rogue members attacks us. I want you able to hold your own. Find me soon."

Giving Sofia one last charming smile, I headed back over to Mila and her crew. "So you've met Math," Avery noted, not bothering to hide his smirk.

"Glad to see you have eyes," I replied, not bothering to hide the sarcastic tone in my voice.

"I give you a week before you're head over heels for him."

I laughed out loud at that. "Look, buddy, I might be pan, but I have to know somebody to feel something for them. And right now, I know him about as well as I know my dead grandpa - I don't."

A sheepish look overtook his face, and he murmured an apology. I told him it was fine, and it was. He didn't mean any harm.

"I would give you my estimation for Sofia, but it seems like she's already there," I told them, and they all laughed.

"She's just like any other new girl," Jace commented. "They all see a guy here they like on Day 1, and then by Day 5 they've had their hearts broken."

I sighed. "You guys are offering people a haven from a lot of hurt in their lives. They're going to be grateful, and sometimes that leads to quick emotional attachment."

Markson whistled. "Pretty and smart. You need to watch out, or you'll be fighting off more than just our enemies."

9 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:02 am
kat13254 says...

Sofia

"So, tell me, am I allowed to be involved in this plan?" I smile genuinely, this time, happy for the others to be in a different area.
"Hey, can't say she can fight but damn her nails are sharp." The guy from earlier laughs. I give him a death glare and he puts up his hands in a surrendering motion, still laughing, even harder this time actually. Glad to see he thinks assaulting me is funny, I go to say something when Math talks quickly,
"I'm not sure, based on earlier I'd say she isn't the right type to handle strenuous situations."
I go to counter what he says, but honestly I can't think of anything. I'm not weak I repeat in my head.
"I'm not weak. I can handle it!" I smile and wink, being playful to try to make him not mad at me anymore, but I'm not sure if it's gonna work.
The guy from before laughs and I bet I looked like a small child pouting, then look at Math with puppy dog eyes.
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

383 Reviews

Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:59 am
Sujana says...

Math

He considered Sofia's puppy dog eyes, and realized he'd feel bad if the girl died because he couldn't make a good choice. She was going to get herself killed, obviously, so he couldn't bring her directly into the mission. But he figured she'd find a way to get herself shanked regardless.

An idea popped to mind.

"Right," he smirked, "You've got a real knack for flirting, don't you?"

Sofia looked at Math. "W-what about it?" she asked, defensively. Then she grinned like a cat. "What? Do you like me?"

He chuckled. He made sure it was low and deep, just enough to sound seductive, but not enough to be a confirmation. "Maybe," he said, "But I think your looks and intelligence could lead us out of this problem."

"How so?"

Math explained the same problem he explained to Rose, and Sofia's eyes dimmed. "Don't tell me you want to pimp me out to some dealer?" she snapped.

"What? God, no. That boy is as loyal as a lapdog," he chuckled. He knew any man dumb enough to love a Nuestra offspring had to be too thick in the head to be anything but loyal. "Nah, nah. I want you to find some way to frame the girl for cheating on him."

9 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:08 am
kat13254 says...

Sofia

He proposes something interesting, but I'm down.
"Get me in contact with her and I can do more than just accuse." I wink and slightly stick my tongue out of the side of my mouth, extremely playfully. I giggle and run my hand on his chest. That is, if she's into girls, because I haven't been with one in so goddamn long and I'm down for anything." I groan and snuggle up slightly to Math.
Sierra comes up behind us,
"What's going on over here?" She questions, sounding snake like and I snap my head around.
"Nothing, he's just setting me up with this girl, he says it'll help!" I try to make myself sound completely airheaded. I bite my lip while looking at her and laugh. I'm trying to make her think I'm a complete dunce, so she'll underestimate me. Never underestimate me.
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

*surprised scream* Aaaaah, NaNo!
— spottedpebble