z

Young Writers Society

What Happens in New York, Stays in New York

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:24 pm
Daenyss says...

I glared at Math. "My name isn't involved in this. I had a plan, and it involves a happy ending for everyone except the people that break their blood oaths."

He shrugged, and Sofia, still attached to his arm, continues her airhead act. I'm pissed. Very, very pissed. If I wasn't new here, he'd be dead by now.

He and Sofia walked away to go plan their little adventure, and I slipped out of the warehouse. This Nuestra general lives in Brooklyn, I thought. Great. I can't walk to Brooklyn, and the subway is not what I want to be riding in the event that I have to hurt someone. I decided on a taxi. You could buy silence from the driver.

Almost an hour later, I sauntered into the house of the general. “El ángel del diablo,” the man smiled, rising to greet me. “This is a rare honor.”

I inclined my head and smiled in acknowledgement. “Hello, Santiago,” I returned. “I usually associate with your superiors, but this calls for direct interaction.”

He nodded, and I continued. “I associate with a group these days. They’ve got a dealer out here in Brooklyn, Norman Moretti. He’s dating one of your girls.” Santiago started to interrupt me, but I held up my hand. “He seeks no trouble with the Familia, and I would advise you not to violate your oath.”

The general hissed lowly, letting his eyes say what his mouth couldn’t. “What’s in it for me?”

I gave him my most glittering smile. “Your life, plus I’ll do any graffiti jobs you want for free in the next month.”

“You drive a hard bargain, ángel.”

“Does that mean you accept?”

“I have no choice,” he replied, sighing.

“Good. I’m at your service for the next month, you know where to find me,” I told him, turning to leave.

“Wait,” he called after me. “I have a letter for your new associates.”

I turned back to him, “Can I read it?”

“I don’t see why not.”

He handed it to me, and I unfolded the piece of paper.

To the friends of el ángel del diablo,

She has chosen you. There is something in you that she sees, something that makes you think you are worth her time. This is rare. We commend you.

There are times when she is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Do not judge her for this. She has had a long life, and she has done things she regrets. She does not publicize that she regrets them, but there are times when her eyes betray her.

There are other times when she is a sheep in wolf’s clothing. These are the times when you can glimpse her true personality, when you can see how she might have been as a child. Cherish these moments, if you see them. That is who she truly is, and she only lets those she care about see it.

If you are wondering how we know this, once upon a time the Hell’s Angels associated with the Nuestra. We have seen el ángel grow. If she comes to harm at your hands, the Nuestra will find you.

On our blood,
La Nuestra Familia

I looked up at Santiago, eyes shining. “Thank you,” I murmured, and the man smiled at me.

“You are as precious to us as one of our own, ángel,” he replied. “You will be treated as such.”
I'm the most indecisive person you've ever met, so don't expect me to figure out your life for you.

9 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 9
Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:43 pm
kat13254 says...

Sofia

Sierra leaves, after angrily saying she has a plan. We've only been here today and she's already being bossy.
"Bye bye" I mumble when she leaves and turns all my attention to Math.
"Soooo, what do you think about her trying to take over first day?" I purr the first part out.
"She's pretty talented, and I think a lot of the others respect her." I get slightly upset at that, but I try to keep my cool.
"Of course! She's so amazing, but you're a lot better darling. I wouldn't want anyone to ever replace you!" I pull his hand up to my mouth and suck his finger for a second and then dropping it. I feel so cringey being so forward in public after barely knowing him, but damn do I want to make him think I'm so weak. I'm not saying I enjoy hurting anyone, but it feels so good...
Shut up Sofia. You do not want to hurt anyone.
I shake my head slightly, making it look like I'm just pushing hair out of my eyes, and then pull away from him, although really not wanting to.
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:51 pm
Sujana says...

Math

He had taken some time to think of Sierra's words. The new ones often got themselves killed by going off the rails, but he figured if she was associated with Hell's Angels, she wasn't like most newbies. Still. Planning required further attention to the Morretti boy himself.

The apartment building he was walking to was in one of the worse parts of the city, but that was to be expected. There was a homeless man begging on the side of the street next to the doorstep, and Math handed him the chips he had stolen but never got to give to the newbies. He told Sophia to wait in the church complex, of course--he didn't need her histrionics distracting him, for now.

He rung the doorbell. As he chewed bubblegum and tested the edge of his pocketknife, a young blond man opened the door, pot and various other chemicals wafting in the air as soon as the hinges moved. "Oh. Hey," the scruffy fellow said, and Math wondered why he wasn't so suspicious of a stranger knocking his door (especially considering his profession), "Uh, you must be Math, right? From church."

Math arched a brow. He wasn't famous anywhere, since any level of notoriety would attract too much attention to a vagabond, so he wasn't sure how this 20-something, red-eyed highschool dropout wearing a white shirt with pizza stains could have any knowledge of him. "Right. Yea." Math coughed, stashing his pocketknife. "Did Tommy tell you I was coming down here?"

Morretti chuckled. Laughed? Well, it didn't sound like a laugh. It sounded like someone on marijuana impersonating one of the Three Stooges, except they don't know what the Three Stooges sound like. "Um, yeah, nah man," he...made the noise, "I mean, not really? Some dude came around asking if you were in town--I told him I'd call Tommy, and Tommy said he'd call you, and here you are. Heh."

Math wrinkled his nose, then widened his eyes. "Wait. So you're..." he considered his phrasing. "You're not dating a Nuestra chick?"

Morretti giggled. Snorted. Chortled? He did the thing, but with a more nosey sound. "Heh, aw yeah man, I am. She's hot stuff man, don't worry," he did the sound thing that Math wished he could describe in more detail, if he ever learnt how to read past the third-grade level, "You want to get in on that?"

Math looked over Morretti's clothing. He creased his forehead. "No." He was getting agitated. "Tommy said the Nuestras are after your ass."

Morretti's shock was delayed, and he stood there for a moment, his eyes slowly widening. "Woah. Really?" he squinted, again. "Huh. Ugh, I guess that makes sense? My uh, the chick did say something about her dad wanting me dead or something, el-oh-el." ...Did he just say 'lol' out loud? "But like, I don't think it's a biggie? I'm pretty sure Tommy didn't call you over here for that, el-em-ae-oh."

Math was starting to think Tommy was either playing him dirty, or killing two birds with one stone. Either way, he didn't like being lied to. "Who was the dude who asked?" he demanded.

Morretti's face went blank.

Math looked behind him. Only the homeless man was there, munching on his chips. Math took the opportunity and grabbed the high man by the edge of his shirt, shaking him. "Come on, man," he said, "I need an answer here."

Morretti's eyes snapped wide, and Math could see the veins in his whites. Math rolled his eyes. "Woah. Uh, I guess he was like, sort of tall? Not as tall as you, but like taller than me, I guess, and he smelled nicer than the both of us," Morretti did the giggle-snort thing again. "Dude looked, like, like a Mormon? Except without the black tie, you know. Have you seen the Book of Mormon? Man, I love that--"

"Stay on topic," Math demanded, though he already had an idea of who it was. "What was his name?"

Morretti was zoning out again, and Math took a swipe at his face, making the other man blubber incoherently. "Uh, what? Name, name, name, right," Morretti gargled. "Uh. His, uh, name was, August?" He thought for a moment. "Yeah, August. Um, August Carver?"

Math felt his chest grow heavier. He breathed in, letting the pot addict go. "Okay. Okay," he said, making a mental note to ask what Thomas was doing, sending him out here to-- "You need to break up with the Nuestra chick. This is your last warning."

"Aw, what? Dude, that's not cool, man. She and I are, like, soul bonded, man. Like, I even got her name on my back. It's, like, Romeo and Juliet stuff happening here. And besides," Morretti started, "have you, like, fricking seen the rack on her--"

"Have you seen the rack of firearms in her old man's headquarters?" Math was losing his patience. "Break it off. I don't care if you have to take pics or anything, this is the last I want to hear about this."

Morretti moaned for a solid fifty-eight seconds. It was surprising how long he could last without breathing. "Fi-i-ine." Morretti whined. "But, like, if she gets angry and her dad comes after me anyway, it's still your fault."

He wasn't sure if he could care at that point. He was about to stalk away, when Morretti pulled him back by the shoulder, saying, "Oh, uh, yeah, wait. I think the August dude wanted you to have this?"

Math snapped back, and Morretti put a letter in his hands. Math stared at it. Even with the stench of marijuana from Morretti's pocket, the letter reeked of sunflower and olive oil.

He crushed the letter in his hands and shoved it in his pocket, stalking away without another word.

"Did you handle the Nuestra situation?" Thomas said when he came back, a knowing look on his face.

Math glared at him. Thomas had two other men by his side, and Math shot his glare at the extra company, immediately shooing them away. Thomas looked at them as they fled, bemused.

"Is that boy even in danger of getting killed?" Math started.

"Well, yeah," Thomas smirked. "But I figured the numbskull said more than I told him to."

"I thought I told you not to mind him," Math crossed his arms. "Did you always plan on sending me to Morretti so I could--"

"I have fifteen people telling me that August lad has asked for you. I've kept them in the backlog in case the time was right, I didn't plan for anything. It just happened." Thomas, despite being smaller, straightened his back and matched Math's pose, undeterred. "I don't know how many letters that lad has for you but he's not running out until you read one of them, Matthew."

"Don't call me that."

"What? Your real name?"

"I--" Math opened his mouth, then closed it again. His face turned dark. "You fucking read the letter?"

Thomas smiled. Math looked around him, seeing plenty of witnesses in the church complex. The bigger man scowled to himself. "How did the meeting go?" Thomas asked, smugly.

Math fumed internally. "You met August," he guessed, and by the look on Thomas's face, he continued, "You actually want me to meet him--"

"Was the kid compliant?" Thomas continued, knowing Math couldn't fight back. "Did he agree to break it off?"

"We are going to talk about this sooner or later," Math challenged. "You're not going to avoid this--"

"Funny. That's what he said about you." Thomas smirked. He looked like he was going to be torn apart and he didn't care. "Well? How was Morretti?"

Math, unable to fume any longer, sighed. "He was--he won't be a problem. Not unless the breakup goes sour," Math crossed his arms, tugging at his upper arm. "Do you have an actual job for me to do with the newbies, or are you going to keep toying with August?"

Thomas chuckled. "Don't worry, lad. I've kept the new hen busy. Now, the blond one, I don't have a clue where she flew off to." The weapons expert shrugged. "You should probably check if Morretti's situation goes sour, though. Just to check. I'm pretty sure the pothead's not going to listen to you, since this is the fifth time we've told him to break it off."

Math rolled his eyes. "What job did you give to Sophia?"

Thomas gave one of his infamous looks, and Math groaned further internally.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

30 Reviews

Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:35 pm
View Likes
Daenyss says...

Sierra

I smiled over at Santiago, stuffing another bite of food in my mouth. "Ish ish ood," I offered through a moth of tamale, and everyone laughed.

"I'm glad you think so," he answered, taking another bite off of his plate. "Can you stay after dinner, or do you have to go?"

"I have class tomorrow, I have to go throw my homework together," I explained, standing and taking my plate to the small sink in his apartment. "Besides, I should probably go drop this letter off to my new group."

"We understand, ángel. Go do your work," he said, nodding at me, and with a small smile I slipped out the door, making my way to the subway and back to the church.

Briefly stopping in the warehouse, I handed the letter to Thomas before walking over to my sketchbook and pencil. Carefully picking it up, I flipped through the pages to check that all of my work was still in pristine condition. Satisfied, I said my farewells to Mila and her crew before leaving and returning to my dorm on the NYU campus.

Ana, my roommate, looked up as I entered. "You've been gone for a while," she remarked before returning to her books.

"I know. I just wanted to get out and get some inspiration, you know, see if I could get any work done on that concept art project for Gillinsky." I slipped my shoes off quickly before crossing the room and throwing my bag down at my desk. "Now I have to face the rest of the pile."

My roommate laughed. "You'll get it done in three hours, you know that. You always work fast, and then get perfect grades."

I gave her a heap of side-eye while pulling out my textbooks and some brain food. "That doesn't mean I like doing it."

"Just do your work, Luciano," she answered, throwing a pillow at me, and the two of us continued our banter as we worked late into the night.
I'm the most indecisive person you've ever met, so don't expect me to figure out your life for you.

9 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:21 pm
View Likes
kat13254 says...

Sofia

Math was gone, and so was Sierra, so I was here with no one I really knew. Fuck.
I'm sitting with a piece of paper scribbling some stuff when Thomas comes up to me.
"Hey newbie," he calls "I have a job for you." My head snaps up, and I smile, let's see what he has for me to do.
"Yeah anything!" I say enthusiastically. I jump up, and hug him, so he doesn't see the devilish look in my eyes.
"So, there's this guy that's been hanging around here. We want to scare him away." Well that's easy, I look him in the eye and grin maliciously, this could be fun.

I'm walking around outside the building, smoking a cigarette, which I normally don't, but hey no harm done. I'm looking around casually when I see this guy, he's definitely no older than 17, and he's definitely not homeless. He looks like he comes from a pretty high end place. I walk up to him and smile,
"Hey, you hang around here often?" He jumps and I can see some white residue from around his nose. Ah. Drug addict.
"Y-yeah I do!" He's super fidgety and I can feel the nervousness radiating off him, I sit down beside him.
"Where do you live? You don't have to tell me if you don't trust me of course."
"I live up on that Hill there, I live with my parents, but they don't like me home." Yeah I wouldn't want a coke addict in my home either, I shutter when I remember doing it, definitely not for me. I move closer to him, and reach my hand in my shoe, acting like I'm scratching my foot and pull out a small pocket knife. Being used to the whole "trouble" I'm not good at using it, but I have one just in case. Before pulling it out I kiss him grabbing his arm. I drag the knife down just over his vein and he screams. Losing control over myself I Lick the blood. Definitely not the smartest idea, but I don't care. I'm supposed to scare him away.
After a few seconds I snap back into my own thoughts, and drop history arm and the knife.
"Don't come around here anymore..." I say in a monotone voice, and he gets up and runs.
I wipe my mouth, get up, and smile to myself. Damn that was fun.
I walk back to the warehouse and walk in, and Thomas comes over,
"That was quick."
"Yeah, just a rich kid coke addict." I shrug, and his eyes widen slightly.
"And why is there blood on the corner of your mouth?" I shrug agaim, turn around flipping my hair, and call out nonchalantly,
"I'll see ya tomorrow, I gave Math my number, he can get in contact with me."
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

Reviews: 0
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:41 am
View Likes
feltheart says...

David Luis Escarrà-Fierro

The large windows at the front of the café are letting in a horrible amount of light. I blink hard as I exit the storage room. I get in line so that I can pay Amanda for breakfast. She insists that I eat for free, 'After all, you're Bernicia's son,' so I comply... But I leave a good tip in the tip jar.

Amanda and Robert, thankfully, are generous people. However, generosity and a small café won't pay for a mattress. I lean and try to crack my back, but to no avail. When I make it to the front of the line, I take my plate and plop a random amount of money into the tip jar. I thank Amanda for the food and go to sit down. I groan as I slowly settle into the seat.

As I finish one of my boiled eggs, I look out the window now that my eyes have adjusted to the light. I recognize a girl about my age, standing by the window. Have I done a job for her? That can't be right; people who need my assistance are often older than me. What, then? I wrack my brain as I absentmindedly dissect my second egg.

Just then, it hits me. She was a friend of a friend at school. A while ago, she mysteriously went missing. This has piqued my curiosity. Before she can start walking again, I inhale my eggs, take my bag, and head towards the door.

I've lost her in the crowd. I scan the mass of people for her head of bright purple hair. She isn't hard to find, and I run off in that direction. I think hard about what she's called. If I call her name, I'll be able to catch up with her. After about three seconds, it comes to me.

"Sofia," I call out. I get some weird looks, but it works. She turns around and stops. I gesture for her to come closer.

"What do you want," she asks as she gets closer. She talks haughtily, but she's grabbing her wrist. Either it hurts, or she subconsciously feels unsafe. From what I can see, probably both.

"You're from my school, right? One of Jared's friends?"

She seems to think for a moment. "What's it to you?"

"I can't get in touch with them right now. It's nice to see a familiar face, after--" I interrupt myself. I shouldn't share that.

For a moment, she looks sympathetic. She seems to be rolling a thought over in her head. "I can't talk to Jared for you, but I can help you," she begins. She rummages in her coat pocket for a pen and paper and writes an address and a time. "Here," she says, and leaves before I can react.

--

I look up at the church. The tall building is almost intimidating; how it looms over me seems unnatural. I spot a sign on the door: 'Troubled Teens Youth Group.' I have to stop myself from rolling my eyes. I am curious, however. Did Sofia send me to a random location to get me out of her face, or does she really think it will help? I push open the door.

As I enter, signs direct me towards the basement. As I go down, I am directed by a person at the bottom of the stairs to enter a side room. As I enter, I spot a few empty, cushioned chairs. Is this it? I start doubting Sofia's words. I sit, waiting for someone. Anyone. Suddenly, the door opens again. A black man enters.

First thing I notice about him: Daaaaamn. Despite his worn clothes and missing ear, there's something about him. Possibly how he carries himself? I'm not about to hit on him or try anything, but he has my interest. I shut out these thoughts as I look up at him from my seat.

He takes a chair, sets it across from me, and sits down. I start speaking before he is able to. "My acquaintance told me that coming here would help."

9 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:11 am
View Likes
kat13254 says...

Sofia

I'm walking back to 'my place', half cursing ever coming back here, half happy I did. I'm walking past a Cafe on the long way back, which isn't the way I normally take, and I see a nice view of the sunset, it's deep colours accented by the crimson slows my pace. My thoughts are focused on it when I hear someone cal my name. Damn the voice sounds kinda familiar. I think on it as I turn around a see a boy about my age waving me over. I instinctively grab my wrist and dig my nails into it. Please don't know my parents. Please don't know my parents.
"What do you want," I say, I probably sound defensive but I don't trust anyone know could promote my presence.
"You're from my school, right? One of Jared's friends?" Damn if he knows my exes best friends then I should definitely remember him.
I ponder on who he is, then realize I'm sitting there silently, "What's it to you?" I rush out, trying to not sound awkward.
"I can't get in touch with them right now. It's nice to see a familiar face, after..." He pauses. I take it as a sign he doesn't want to talk so I butt in,
"I can't get in contact with Jared for you, but I can help you." I dig through my purse and coat until I find the napkin I scribbled on earlier, I write down the location of the church, I should probably tell Math I'm sending someone his way, but eh I'll worry about that later.
"Here." I hand it to him and smile slightly, quickly turning my back and leaving not giving him a chance to ask questions.
When I get home I see someone standing on my doorstep, and I try to conceal myself behind the streetlight. They turn their head but don't see me, and I'm not worried until I see his face. Fucking hell. What's he doing here.
I step out from behind the pole and over to my step.
"Uh hey... What are you doing here?" I question cautiously.
"I heard rumours you were back in town, one of my buddies saw ya." He says nonchalantly.
"Oh? I'm just visiting my aunt."
"Cut the crap, I know you broke up with him and now you're staying here. We may not be close but I still keep tabs on him."
My exes older brother is here on my doorstep. He never liked me and I doubt he would now. It was an on and off thing, at one point he'd flirt with me insistently, and the other push me around and leave a few bruises when my boyfriend wasn't going to see them. I always felt it was about the fact he didn't think I was loyal, but I can't prove or deny that.
"One of my buddies is involved with that little group you're quite clearly joining Sof. And I on the other hand am on the other side of said group, so is Derek, so you don't want to piss us off. Now drop out or else. You'd always be welcomed by my side..." He says the last sentence, almost teasingly, yet at the same time kind. That is, until he shattered it by pushing me into the railing, which I'm sure is going to leave a nasty bruise on my side.
He tenderly uses his finger to lift my chin and looks me in the eyes.
"You've always been so scared of me Sof. I could always see it in your eyes, yet at the same time you're a fucking nympho whore, and was attracted to me. So you better listen to me. And don't try to get any of your new friends Involved. Because I'm telling you now they aren't your friends. They're just using you for fresh meat to play with until you do something they do like and then, well, let's just say it'll be loud." He makes a gun out of his hand and puts it against the side of my head and pretends to shoot it. He laughs and confidently strides down the steps and waves at me.
"Seeya Sof. And next time try to actually talk." I run inside and lock the door behind me, panting and clutching my side. I pull out my phone and try try manically looking for a way to contact any of them, when I see David's number still in my phone from years ago... I hope it's still the right one. I call it, my hands shaking so bad I can barely hold my phone. He's probably at the church right now, but I let it ring, holding it desperately to my ear hoping for an answer.
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:39 pm
Sujana says...

Math

Word had gotten out that a purple-haired girl was cutting people outside of base. When he had asked Thomas about it, the other man merely shrugged, not thinking of it. Thomas was about to talk to him regarding a letter the Nuestras sent them, until Samuel approached the two of them, his words laconic: "Purple-girl called. She's sent you another one."

The boy who was waiting for Math was rather short in stature, a common symptom of either malnourishment or the occasional genes. He was surprisingly unblemished, a nice honey sheen on his face, matching hazel eyes, dark hair. The boy looked at him with wide eyes and reddened cheeks, before trying to regain his composure. "My acquaintance told me that coming here would help."

Despite his best efforts, Math glanced over the front of the boy's trousers. Yeah, this was Sofia's friend, alright. "Yeah. We got the call." Math took a seat in front of the boy. "David, right? Sofia told us you were looking for help."

"Uh, yeah?" David said.

Math laid back, pulling out his gum and his notepad. He looked over the boy, and offered him the gum. "You want some? You look like you haven't been eating well," Math said. David stared at him, and Math was deciding whether it was because he was thinking or if it was because he was dumb. "You have a place to stay, kid?"
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

Reviews: 0
Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:09 am
View Likes
feltheart says...

David Luis Escarrà-Fierro

I had to think about whether or not I wanted some gum. After all, this man probably wants it more than I do. Before I could reply, he interjects with another question. "You have a place to stay, kid?"

"I-- Uh, yeah. It's not the best, but it keeps the heat in and the rain out."
He nods, considering what I said. He notes something down on his notepad. "And what about the gum?"

"Oh, no thanks," I answer. I smile politely. "Thank you, though."
He looks both amused and like he wishes he were somewhere else. He pops a piece of gum into his mouth. "Did Sofia happen to mention what goes on here?"

I tilt my head. What does he mean? "She walked off before I could ask any questions."

"I'm Math. I'll be your counselor today," he smirks.

"Nice to meet you." I smile. "You already know my name."

"Well, talking about your problems is the first step to moving on," he continues. There is an awkward silence for a few moments. He raises his eyebrows. "She really didn't tell you what you were getting into?"

Confused, I shake my head in reply. Before the conversation can continue, my phone rings. I apologetically glance at him before I pick it up. "Hello?"

As soon as the phone speaker is near my ear, I can sense someone having a panic attack on the other end. She's talking, but I can't make out what she's saying over her hyperventilation and crying. Despite that, I can recognize her voice.

"Sofia?" My confusion and concern make it into my tone of voice. I have so many questions racing through my mind. Is she okay? Why did she call me instead of someone else? Why does she still have my number?

When I speak, she audibly becomes calmer for a moment. I can hear her breathe in as if she is about to say something.

9 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:19 pm
View Likes
kat13254 says...

Sofia

The phones about to go to voice mail, when he answers. I'm hypervenilating and not thinking clearly, when he says my name I momentarily calm, and take a deep breath.
"72 Adams lane... Come please.. Trouble.. Scared. Help.." I can barely get my words out as I'm starting to get very dizzy, but I hope he understands me.
The thought of him being with Math, as I heard him faintly in the bathroom is a worrying one... What if Math is like what Evan says. The thought of him showing up, very well knowing he's probably still in the area is terrifying.
I go to put my phone away, the hesitate and pull it back out. I pull up Maths number I got from Thomas, and hoping he doesn't have my number I text him.
~~~It's Sofias boyfriend. Stay away from her. I know what you guys do and am not afraid to get the police involved.
If he has my number then this is going to be very embarrassing, but I don't care. Evan scares me more than Math, which now I think about it is funny. He's a higher up in a gang, and Evan is just some drug dealer.
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

30 Reviews

Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:59 pm
View Likes
Daenyss says...

Sierra

The events of the night swam in my head while I worked, and eventually I resigned myself to stop trying to fight them and let them have their space.

A dark-skinned man without an ear. A blood-stained bandanna scratched out onto my paper. A purple-haired girl that I think I hate, but I don't know. In the center of the bandanna, a broken heart. Fighting with someone I could really match with. I stowed my sketchbook as my Biology textbook took over. The purple-haired girl fainting. Scratching down the importance of the Hardy-Weinberg equation. Leaving without giving them a way to contact me. Means of genetic variability appearing on my paper from the tip of my pen.

I sighed, shaking myself out of my stupor. Ana was asleep in her bed, her snoring evident that me sneaking off now wouldn't wake her. I sat my books down, threw my hair up, and pulled on an all-black ensemble before tiptoeing out of the dorm room and then running down the stairs of the building and out into the streets.

The New York City streets were more my home at nighttime than they ever were in the day, never losing their noise and bustle but reclaiming their element of mystery and shadow. My feet slapped the pavement as I ran, the cold of the air blowing past me. The Church was a bit far from my dorm, but it was a run well worth it.

Half an hour later, I arrived at the church, my cheeks flushed and gasping lightly for breath. I asked Mila where Math is, and she directed me to a side room.

Following her words, I poked my head into the room, where Math sat...interrogating? helping? I-don't-really-know-ing?...a young man with honey skin and curly black hair. I wasn't sure if I should interrupt, but I took a deep breath and rapped on the door anyways.

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:49 pm
Bellarke says...

Luanna

Luanna walks up, and looks around. "Ughh."

She looks around, noticing the people, and more the guys than the girls. "Hello." Then she thinks, Damn this is new york, but where are all the hot guys? She tosses her read hair around her face.

She turns and looks at the people. The people in the corner argueing, to the calm people who say nothing.
“Who we are and who we need to be to survive are very different things.”

~Bellamy Blake

30 Reviews

Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:42 pm
Daenyss says...

Sierra

When neither of them answered me, I sighed, going back to the main room. A girl with black and red hair was standing near a door and looking like she had a problem with everyone present.

"Hey, can I help you?" I asked, careful to come off as indifferent. She had to know that she was drawing suspicion by standing alone.

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:05 pm
Bellarke says...

Luanna

"I came in to get outta the rain." She points out the door, where rain is pouring down. "Soo yeah. I am Luanna."

She looks the girl up and down, trying to figure out what to think about her.
“Who we are and who we need to be to survive are very different things.”

~Bellamy Blake

30 Reviews

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:38 pm
Daenyss says...

Sierra

I sighed. Clueless people were annoying. Luckily, I didn't think she'd noticed the blood puddles yet. "I get it, but you might want to leave. This isn't a place you stop in to get out of the rain," I told her. "Plus, it's like 2 am. You shouldn't be in the streets."

All we can do is our best, and hope that it was enough.
— CandyWizard