z

Young Writers Society

What Happens in New York, Stays in New York

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:43 pm
Bellarke says...

Luanna

Thats what she thinks. Luanna thinks as she waves her arms, and looks at the floors, and walls. "Wow. I can see what you have been doing, not that I care. I need some help with my car."
“Who we are and who we need to be to survive are very different things.”

~Bellamy Blake

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:48 pm
Daenyss says...

I sighed. "Look. We're not a mechanics shop. Just leave and forget what you saw."
I'm the most indecisive person you've ever met, so don't expect me to figure out your life for you.

9 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 9
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:44 pm
View Likes
kat13254 says...

Adrianna

Getting back into town felt amazing. I haven't been here in almost 2 months. As far as I know hell hasn't broken lose with the group, but I could be wrong. I look at my watch and see it's almost 2 Am, damn got in later than I thought. The bus stops around the corner from the church and I hop off, handing the bus driver some change. It's raining out and I pull my hood up, glad I wore one, and not the jacket I normally wear without a hood.
I grab the key to unlock the church, thinking it should be locked at this hour, but I give the handle a quick tug before putting the key in, and much to my suprise it's open. I hear voices from not that far in the hall, and check around me before going in, seeing what looks like a broken car in the parking lot. Damnit Math. You forgot to lock the door again and now randoms are in here.
I rub my hand over my pocket, checking to see my small pocket knife is in there, and when I confirm it is I walk in calmly. I look in front of me and see two young girls, looking to be arguing.
"Now who in the fuck are you two and why the fuck are you here." I have to admit I have a sharp tongue, but hey, usually intimidates randoms off the street who wondered where they aren't supposed to. One girl looks like she's more put together and, maybe even, like she belongs here, but Math didn't tell me about anyone new so I grip the handle of the knife in my pocket, ready just in case.
The other, the one with black hair with red in it on the other hand, is wet and is obviously just a kitten who wandered where she shouldn't be. At least she'll run if things get violent.
I push my hood down and push the hair out of my face, sighing. I didn't want to have to deal with anything tonight
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

30 Reviews

Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:53 pm
Daenyss says...

Sierra

"I'm trying to get streaks here to leave," I stated, blatantly annoying the girl next to me in favor of the woman who had just walked up. "She wandered in, and now she wants car help. I told her this wasn't a mechanics shop, but she's not listening."

While I was speaking, I took the opportunity to look over the woman. She was thin, but quite muscular, and her outfit left me with no doubt that she was carrying more than one weapon. Her hair was the same blue I'd paint a midnight sky, and her eyes a deep ocean, both popping against her deep red lipstick.

Rain was rolling off of her clothes, but that didn't seem to bother her. In fact, it served her aesthetic, making her appearance more dramatic. Maybe I should add shadows or water to my concept art project, I thought, before shaking my head. I couldn't let myself get distracted when someone who was armed was in front of me.
I'm the most indecisive person you've ever met, so don't expect me to figure out your life for you.

9 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:00 pm
kat13254 says...

Adrianna

"As I thought, this kitten here wandered out of her pen, and ended up here." The way this girl was talking made me think that she might be welcomed here.
"Do you know where the hell Math or someone is. They should be able to scare her back where she belongs. I just don't want to deal with it tonight." I wave my hand nonchalantly.
I see the way she's looking at me, and I smirk. She looks intimidated, yet not shying away. Further helps the theory that she knows where she is.
"Now what's both of your names, little kittens." I purr out that last part, then smiling wickedly, toying with the knife in my pocket.
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

30 Reviews

Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:15 pm
Daenyss says...

Sierra

"Math is talking to a new guy. I think Sofia, that airhead, might've sent him in," I explain, and then add "She just can't handle her problems herself," under my breath.

The woman is moving her hand and her fingers in her pocket, I can tell by how her wrists are moving. She's probably twirling something around, so her weapon is most likely a knife.

"I, meanwhile, was going to spar with Avery or Ryan. I don't see Mila around, it's a pity," I told her. I wanted to just walk off and go over to my friends, but if this woman could twirl a knife in her pocket without ripping her clothes or cutting herself, I knew testing her aim would be a bad idea. Might as well play it out and see what happens.
Last edited by Daenyss on Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

9 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:42 pm
kat13254 says...

Adrianna

"If you're going to see them I'll join you, seeing as you say Math is busy." I take my hands out of my pockets, mumbling under my breathe, "Damnit I wish he'd actually tell me when he's recruiting." I'm avoiding the topic of asking who this girl is because they usually don't stick around too long, and to be quite honest I don't really care. She's pretty enough, but that makes her a target for bigger men. I'm known enough around here that most guys leaving the me alone, and those that don't, are pretty quick to learn. I'm not the type to play coy, I let them know who they're talking to.
"Now as for Math, next time I see him I need to give him a good slap for neglecting to tell me anything." I let out a small laugh, trying to give a joking vibe about my sentence, but depending what he's been fishing out of the streets, I might actually slap him. Wouldn't be the first time
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

30 Reviews

Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:56 pm
Daenyss says...

Sierra

I laughed, walking over to my friends. "And blondie is back!" Riley exclaimed, slinging an arm around my shoulders. "You were, like, awol."

"I had a dinner meeting," I explained. "There are some things you don't miss."

"You left at seven!" he exclaimed, then reconsidered. "Well, we noticed you were missing at seven."

"I had a dinner meeting, then I had to get some of my homework done. If NYU throws me out I have no place to live," I clarified.

He shrugged. "Whatever. Now will you please teach me that back flip you did earlier with Mila?"

"I can try," I smirked. "But it took me six years to get to a level where I could be taught that flip in a place that was heavily padded. I highly doubt you could learn it in a concrete room."

9 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:14 pm
kat13254 says...

Adrianna

Walking into the room behind her had a weird mix of feeling at home, yet feeling kinda distant as well. I kept myself in the shadows out of sight for a few minutes just watching them interact. Apparently this new girl was quite popular, and not as much as a kitten as I thought, based on how the others are speaking, possibly even more like a lion than a mere street cat.
I step out and smile at everyone, and when they notice me they smile back,
"Hey Adri!" Riley yells. I roll my eyes and shush him, pointing at my watch noting the hour.
"Hello. It's fucking nice to be back," I let out a yawn and stretch some. "Now since Math can't seem to do the one damn job I wanted him to do will someone please tell me what's been going on. Also how many new recruits do we have, and what's their name and how's their training going. Although I've already met one new recruit it seems, and you all seem to like her." I speak nonchalantly, not feeling the need to intimidate anyone.
"Well this here is Sierra, and she's very well trained, already took down Mila." I nod and clap slightly,
"Well who else? I know Sierra mentioned someone named Sofia?"
"Yeah, she's... Well interesting. You can meet her yourself next time she's around. And as far as I heard Maths in getting another recruit. How long are you staying around Adri?" I think over my answer... Hm how long can I be here without suffocating.
"Probably awhile. 2 months away is draining."
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

30 Reviews

Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:19 pm
Daenyss says...

Sierra

The woman's name is Adri. Good to know. I smiled over at her before walking over to an empty area and planting my feet. Wishing I had music, I ran through the dance-like routine I had created of my fighting moves, Backflips. Punches. Spins. They flashed through my head in the seconds before I launched myself into the first move.

9 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:06 am
kat13254 says...

Adrianna

The girl, Sierra, her moves were rhythmic, almost dance like. Impressive. She could be a valuable asset. I stifle a yawn, but my tiredness overpowers me, the yawn escaping.
"Sorry darling. You aren't boring, I haven't slept in a fair bit. Now when Matthew, ah sorry Math, he won't be too happy with me calling him it, is done I have an announcement to make. In case I just pass out from lack of sleep I'll just say, I got in connections with a well known gang from outside the state. I'll leave the details out for now as it's mostly a confidential thing, but just know we'll be getting some financial support, and another type of support, in return for a connection to New York!" I smile kindly, yet inside an icy chill shakes me. I don't trust them, but they were involved with my parents... I can't think about them now. I'm too sleep deprived to stop the tears.
"Wait, that's what you were gone so long for?"
"Yep, and it was successful so, let's hope all goes well!" The cheerfulness in my voice sounds strained, hopefully everyone just thinks it's the fatigue or the fact I was gone so long. Regardless I need to be out of the spotlight until I have a chance to recover.
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

30 Reviews

Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:57 am
Daenyss says...

Sierra

I nodded at Adri before walking back over to Riley and Avery. "I can't stay, I pretty much only came back here to give someone a way to contact me," I explained.

Avery nodded, smiling. "We get it. You got a phone number or something?"

"If that's how you wanna ask for it, sure," I laughed, and took his phone when he offered it.

"I'll take a hot girl's phone number any time I can get it," he returned, winking at me. My face flushed, and I quickly added my contact to his phone and texted myself from it.

"Here you go." I handed his phone back to him and bit my lip. "I'll see you around."

He nodded once more, and I left the warehouse, walking home and playing the night's events back through my mind.

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:14 pm
Bellarke says...

LUANNA

I stand there, not letting a bitch rule me around. "Fine. If I don;t get any help, I'll just stay here." I prop up in a chair.

"This isnt the first time I have seen a blood bath."
“Who we are and who we need to be to survive are very different things.”

~Bellamy Blake

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:50 pm
Sujana says...

Math

The kid seemed busy with Sofia, and while he was sure something was going down, Math heard the door creak open minutes before and figured he was needed. He took his time, crossed his arms while waiting for David to finish his call, but when it seemed like Sofia's panicked sobs weren't about to end any time soon, Math stood up, whispering to David: "I need to go for a minute. You tell me what she's on about once I get back, got it?"

David looked at him with a mix of wariness and confusion. Math took his leave, quietly locking the door behind him, just in case. He didn't need anybody walking in or out for now.

He strolled into the main room before heading towards the open door leading to a small ruckus. Inside, he could hear the angel girl doing her choreography, impressive as it was, but she wasn't alone. A gaudy redhaired girl with blue eyes and an attitude he didn't care for sat in the sides, while Avery and some of the others were watching attentively. Among them, a familiar face.

He almost smiled.

""Sorry darling. You aren't boring, I haven't slept in a fair bit. Now when Matthew, ah sorry Math, he won't be too happy with me calling him it, is done I have an announcement to make." Adrianna remarked, and though the last part seemed unnecessary, he wasn't in the mood to brawl with the woman. For now. "In case I just pass out from lack of sleep I'll just say, I got in connections with a well known gang from outside the state. I'll leave the details out for now as it's mostly a confidential thing, but just know we'll be getting some financial support, and another type of support, in return for a connection to New York!"

Somebody asked, rightly, if that was why she was gone for so long, and Adri answered as cheerily as possible. Which is to say, not much, knowing Adri. The fact that she even attempted cheeriness was worrying--her eyes were dark with fatigue, and though she tried, she seemed unable to concentrate on anybody in the room.

While Sierra went off to discuss something with the Avery boy, Math sneaked up on Adri, as exhausted as she was, tapping her on the shoulder.

Adri grabbed his hand, almost pulling him down towards her braced fist, as alert as ever. At least she was healthy. "Math?" she snapped, realizing who she was about to punch.

Math didn't mind being punched every now and then. Though he rarely trained any of the new members (not his division), he'd been throttled and gagged and barraged and shot, he had basically become an organic punching bag for any of the less even-tempered new members of the organization. Though he felt plenty pain, the ear incident probably stuck his face into a permanent grimace, giving off the illusion that no matter how hard one punches him, it would only register as a tickle to him.

Adri knew better than to assume this, though, and she quickly pulled away, though she was still too stubborn to apologize. Not that Math needed an apology. "Don't sneak up on me like that, you prick," she joked. "You brought in new recruits. Why didn't you update me?"

Math shrugged, pulling out more gum from his pockets. He didn't offer one to Adri, because he knew Adri didn't like gum anyhow. "They came in almost days apart from each other. I wanted to see them get past orientation before texting you," he leaned against a wall, hands in his pockets, blowing the bubblegum and popping it. "So. What's the connection from this time? New Jersey? Toronto? Chicago?"

"L.A.," Adri answered.

Math popped the bubble he was blowing. "Jeez. No wonder you've been gone for so long," he huffed. "You're one to talk about not updating people."

"I was busy. I'm sure you'd get that."

He chuckled. "Right. So which is it this time?" he challenged. "The Triad? The Crips? The Bloods?"

She shook her head.

Math lost his smile almost immediately, recognizing the look in her eye, the defensive stance she was taking as she folded her arms. "No. Don't tell me," he scowled. "Adri, we talked about--"

"I managed to get a deal out of them, alright? That's all that matters," Adri justified, before Math could even find a reasonable offense. "It'll be fine."

"Look, I get that you want to honor your family, especially after--" Math cut himself off that point, making a gesture to signify what he meant. "But you do realize that you can't keep reconnecting like this, right? You can't bring back--"

"I already told you, I'm not," Adri snapped, irritation clear on her face. "I'm not thinking about that, okay? I'm in the present. That's all in the past." She looked to Sierra across the room. "That's all that matters."

Then why don't you act like it? Math closed his mouth before going too far, knowing that Sierra had enough dirt on to him to throw in his face if he tried having this particular conversation. He shook his head. "Were the Costello's at least cooperative?"

He wanted to say As cooperative as they were with your family , but he didn't need to. Adri picked up the subtext, and she made a displeased face. "Yeah, sure." she brushed off. "Blondie and redhead. Give me an update."

Math did as he was told, knowing well that she handled the organization better than he could. He was glad she'd come back at least. Put the weight off his shoulders a little. Even as he explained the situation he thought of ways to get out of the group for a while, travel outside of NYC again, maybe hitchhike his way to Maine, maybe get a good job, maybe finally find a life for himself. Maybe, he'd finally meet August, and maybe he'd finally tell him--

"What about the redhead?" Adri demanded.

"Oh. Her?" Math shrugged. Another bubble. Another pop. "No clue. Haven't even seen her yet."

Adri seemed vaguely interested. "Right." They both stared at the odd guest, not entirely sure what to do.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

9 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:10 pm
kat13254 says...

Adrianna

Actually talking to Math makes me feel like a giddy child. With him I feel familiar, like I don't have to act. He feels like home when mine is shattered.
I cut that thought before it gets to real, and I can tell Matthew is zoned out too.
"What about the red head?" I forcibly ask.
"Oh her? No clue. Haven't even seen her yet."
"Right. Oh that reminds me. Sierra told me she wandered in looking for car help. Now she won't leave so, there's that. And I didn't want to deal with a lost kitten all wet from the rain, so I was waiting for you." I shrug, knowing how capable he is, and how he knows I try to keep my hands off outsiders, unless I have to.
"Why did I expect you to say that." He groans, and I just have to let out a little laugh.
"You know I keep myself away from outsiders unless they're in our world. It seems Sierra was close to starting a fight with her when I walked in. So why don't you two deal with her." I wave my hand in a go away motion and smile at him playfully.
I watch him stroll over to her and I turn my attention to the rest of the room. Damn I sure missed this place. But it gets so overwhelming, that sometimes I just have to leave.
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

Carpe Diem
— Catullus