z

Young Writers Society

Welcome to the House Of Night!

9 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 9
Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:14 am
kat13254 says...

You are a Fledgling Vampyre. You and a select group of other fledgling vampyres have been chosen to venture on the journey of starting the new House of Night! With teachers of course! As a fledgling vampyre your body is going through many things. A new growing lust for blood, the irritation the sun causes, the fact you have to live in the night, with the humans having a hatred for your kind. Of course there's the kind ones, and the understanding ones, but there are the others who would kill you and your kind if they had the chance. But your teachers and High Priestess would never let that happen. The High Priestess being the gifted "principal" of the House of Night, she is supposed to be the embodiment of Nyx. Nyx being the Goddess of the Night. The one Vampyres worship. She gives as much as she can take, so its always good to do as Nyx wishes, but of course, everyone has their own free will. She can give gifts, it could be visions, affinity for cats, or even one of the 5 elements of Nyx, Air, Fire, Water, Earth and Spirit. That order is the way they're summoned in a ritual circle. Which happen every full moon, and other holidays like Sahmain(Halloween) or others. Rituals are held by the High Priestess, with 4 others standing in to hold the candles used to summon each element. All Vampyres can do it, but those gifted with an affinity for an element can actually control and feel their element when summoning it. The affinity for cats isn't solely a thing gifted, all vampyres have a connection to cats. But the catch in the vampyre world is the cats choose their "owners" and can do as they please.

The House of Night school works as following. There are 4 years of schooling, third form, fourth form, fifth form, and sixth form. Teenagers usually get marked when they're 16, and are in the school until they are 20. The issues is the fledglings body can easily reject the change, and when it does it isn't pleasant, blood coming out of the mouth, nose, eyes, and ears. This happens if a fledgling is away from an adult Vampyre for more than a day, but if can happen randomly. There's not normal classes, things like fencing and equestrian studies can make it into your schooling. You also need to take Vamp sociology. A level each year. Blood lust comes as a fledgling advances in their change.

But Never. Ever steal or go against a school rule. There are no locks on any door or any cameras, because teacher always know. Vampyres are incredibly intuitive and will know if someone is stealing or doing something very bad without being there, some students even rumor they can read minds(they cant, but they don't deny it, it keeps the kids from misbehaving) The High Priestess is also rumored to have the power to alter, or even block out memories.

Fledgling Vamps are characterized by there outline sapphire crescent moon tattoo . Adult vamps have a filled in crescent moon with tattoo designs framing their face, usually to do with their personalities, like a equestrian would have horse like tattoos.
The tattoos signify when a fledgling has become a full Vampyre.
The idea of being the first to join a new House of Night seems cool right? Well what if there is a dark secret brewing inside.

Sample Char desc.:
Year:
Why (s)he decided to go to the new HoN:
(If App.)Already known Affinity:
Personality:
Physical desc.:

{Students, as well as teachers, or even the high priestess welcomed. Multiple characters also welcome}
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

9 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:57 am
View Likes
kat13254 says...

Intro:

'Blessed be, dear fledglings, teachers, and Sons of Erebus. Welcome to the newest House of Night!' the delicate and feminine, yet powerful and alluring voice calls, 'You are all here to be the first group to arrive to this wonderful location! This is a blessed land, one always known to hold power to our holy Goddess Nyx. It was only a matter of time before a High Priestess founded a school here, and I am blessed to be the one to do it, and you all should be honored to be invited to join. Now we all have our own paths to follow in the footsteps of Nyx, as so, we all have our reasons for coming here. I hope this school will help you all reach your aspirations. To cleanse this holy ground, we will be having a ritual. For those of you who have never been to a ritual, it goes as following. I have 4 vampyres surrounding me in a circle, they each will stand in as one of the elements, Air, fire, wind, earth, and I will be standing in as spirit. You will turn to face each element as I light the candles. We will start facing the East and then to the south, and so forth until we're facing back to the north. We have our wonderful teacher and Poet Laureate, read a poem for me to enter the circle and light the candles for, and after I light the spirit candle my consort, the Poet Laureate, will sacrifice his blood into this red wine, and my circle will drink, and then I will close the circle. Very simple.' She indicates to the feast table with a large marble statue of the Goddess. 'After the ritual your mentors will lead you to your rooms, and tomorrow classes will begin at 8PM and end at 2AM with supper at 3:30 AM. You may leave campus with permission, but for those who do not know you must wear the concealer given to you as it specially covers our mark. Adult vampyres do not need to worry, but fledglings are venerable to attacks. Do not be away from this school for more than a day. Your body will begin to reject the change. You had a bit more free reign when you all were first marked, but now that you're around adult vampyres, your body will quickly reject the change after that day. If it is necessary to leave campus for multiple days we will have one of the knights of Nyx, the sons of Erebus, accompany you. You all should have your schedules. We will be forgiving on lateness for the first week, as we are all learning the layout of our new building, so we hope you will give us adults the same leeway. That should be everything you need to know. If you have anymore questions you could come to me, your mentor, which you all should have, or any of the other teachers. We will now begin our ritual."
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:05 am
View Likes
Nobunaga says...

Douglas Scribe

Doug clutched his schedule and looked around the long hallways in the dorm buildings. He had his room number on top - 316 - but couldn't for the life of him figure it out.

Defeated, he sat on the ground and closed his eyes, focusing his energy. Almost immediately, all the spiders in his vicinity came to wait in front of him.

"Okay," he whispered to them, "I need you to find Room 316. Quickly, now. I have to pee."

He watched as they scurried away down the hall. In the meantime, he procured a book from his backpack and began to read.
"Be the butthole" - Lareine, 2018

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:24 am
View Likes
Kanome says...

Hesé Wilshire

The ritual began and since Hesé had the fire affinity already inside of him, he stood upon the fire circle. He placed his hands in his pockets, looking at the other members that also joined the House of Night. He listened to the rules of the school, which he didn’t care about much to begin with. As soon as Laureate started reciting the poem, the High Priestess stood upon the middle of the circle, holding a candle in her hands. The teacher lit the four other candles and stood back.

Hesé just wanted to go somewhere else and just explore the House of Night. He didn’t care about being marked as a Fledgling Vampyre or rejecting the change or anything else for that matter. He just wanted to have fun. He sighed, tapping his foot as he looked at the teacher. Laureate slit her hand with a small dagger, blood dripping in the cup of red wine then handed the cup to the person who was standing in the air circle. The cup got past around until it came to him. He took the cup and sip the red wine.

As soon as the ritual was finished, Hesé received his schedule, which also included the room number he is supposedly going to stay in. He was walking throughout the halls when he noticed another person sitting on the ground in the middle of the hallway. Something caught at the side of his eye. He noticed spiders going the opposite way.

“What are you doing on the ground?” Hese spoke out to the person sitting on the ground.

“Ah. I told the spiders to look for my room.”

Hesé raised a brow as gripped his backpack. “You must be my roomie then.”

“Roomie?”

“Yeah, the other two students were females. Or did you not know we are supposed to bunk together?” Hese smirked at the man.

“Then I suppose you know where our room is?”

Hesé placed his index finger under his chin, thinking. “Hmmmmm… not a clue.”

“Some help you are.”

“Whoa whoa. What’s your name anyways?”

“Douglas. Douglas Scribe. You?”

“Hesé.”

“Hesé…?”

“My last name don’t matter. Now let’s go look for our room.”

“I’d rather wait for the spiders.”

Hesé shrugged at Douglas. “Suit yourself.” Hesé started wondering the halls again, looking for room 316.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

9 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:49 pm
View Likes
kat13254 says...

Esmeray

The high priestess is so magnificent. She has hair that almost looks white, it's down to her waist and filled with small intricate braids and small flowers, and I can't tell if they're real or not. The way she sways around the circle to a hypnotic ancient sounding beat, which the Poet Laureate reads a poem about the Goddess Nyx and her ancient garden, and how it protects and cleanses the spirit world. I don't understand a lot of it, but its so fascinating. I send a silent prayer up to the Goddess thanking her for taking me away from my old life.

She gets us to turn east while she lights the air candle and when she does, it's magnificent. My hair feels like it's fluttering around me and how the not windy day turned into a windy one, is beyond me. I'm expecting something magnificent when I turn South for fire, but when nothing happens I'm slightly disappointed. 

After the ritual she gives us small group of students our schedules, and tells about how new students will be arriving from all over the country shortly. 

I look down at my schedule. My room is in the girls dorm number 402. From my understanding it's a 3 story building as the main building. Dorms are on the second floor, classes on the first, the teachers dorm on the third, which is off limits without permission, and it would be stupid to go up there because they'll know. She said theres no locks on any doors, and from what I understand from my short month of being a vampyre, is that they're seriously intuitive. Like they'll know if you do anything. It's scary.

But there's also a second building. The temple, on the second floor of that is the high priestess room, and the place where all the teachers eat and prepare rituals. 

I scower the school grounds until I find a staircase tucked in a nook in the main building. Albeit now that I see it, it's not really a nook, it's pretty prominent. I head up the stairs, and I see a few fledglings just loitering around, and I know I'm in the right place. 

"Uhm, hi. Would you guys happen to know where room..." I look down at my paper, cursing myself for feeling so awkward, "Room 402 is?" 

"Oh, so you must be my roommate. I'm Bella Stone." The gorgeous girl with such silky dark brown hair, and light blue eyes says, she seems a slight bit distracted, hence why she was a bit closed off from the group she's talking to. 

"Hi, I'm Esmeray. I'm just trying to find my- I guess I mean our room. Ha, uh yeah! I meant to say it'll be a pleasure to be your roommate!" 

I'm smacking myself inside. Stupid. Why can't I just talk like a normal huma-Fledgling. I'm a fledgling now. I don't need to be scared of what I say. No one can hurt me here. In 4 years time I'll be a powerful vampyre and everyone will respect me... Or I'll be dead. 

I shake my head. I can't be thinking like that. I need to enjoy my time here, and not get distracted by things like death. 

"Yeah, you too" I don't know whats up with this girl, if she's airy, or if she's just rude. She looks like she's trying to listen, but by her responses I don't think she's listening. 

"I guess I'll see you later. I rush off, thinking about that encounter until I find room 402. I open the door surprised to see it wasn't locked, and when I stepped in I was confused as to why my bag was already in here, it was on the bus and I never saw anyone take it out, let alone bring it into my room. Bella's bag is also already here. 

By the time I'm done unpacking I realize how exhausted I am. I look at the clock and see it's 4 AM. Dinner time, but I'm just not hungry tonight. I lay down, still in the little red dress I wore today, and fall straight to sleep, not even caring about my new roommate, new school, or any of it. 
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

Reviews: 3
Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:14 pm
DivinePrincess says...

Bella

After the high priestess gave her speech, I headed to my room and started to unpack my things. I started with my makeup bag, which was barely anything, and just placed my beauty blender and my eyeliner on the bathroom counter-- safely away from my roommates side.

I'm not one for roommates, I never have been. Something about the idea of living with someone that you barely know creeps me out-- but the funniest part about the whole thing is I'm the one that creeps all my friends out in the end. I can just hear all the jokes now: She sees dead people, she's talking to her little friend from the dead- not us.

The spiritual energy in the House of Night was unimaginably questionable, considering the fact almost all of the spirits were screaming for help. This isn't uncommon, mostly for the fact that in every place I go there's always spirits screaming. But here, it's different. The spirits are almost warning me.

I shake it off and head back into the main room in the dorm, just as te spirits keep talking again. I forget about unpacking my things, stressed as ever, and head into the hallway to my dorm. This girl with fiery red hair stops me and starts asking about where her room is just as I realize she's my roommate. She starts stuttering her words and I almost flash a smile, just as the spirits start to talk again.

He's here...

He's coming Bella, you hear me?

Blood, so much blood.

As the girl is talking to me I answer her questions as needed but my mind stays on something else. Her eyes seem to look confused, and as I just seem to catch my attention again she says she'll catch me later.

As she walks past me into the room, I take a deep breath and push my silky black hair behind my ear. As I walk, men seem to catch my eye and flash cunning smiles that do not impress me. I'm used to that though, my mom always told me it was my light blue eyes and full lips, saying that I almost looked like a movie star. But I never payed attention to the men that came my way, coming as I never met anybody who could handle my gift and could understand my state of mind.

I pass many people as I walk, taking in all the unfamiliar faces, and head to the dining room where most of the fledglings were eating.

The quote generator! That's a genius idea.
— Necromancer14