z

Young Writers Society

Murder on the Holiday Express

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:11 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

@BlueAfrica's ghost skirted through the halls quicker Helena Ravenclaw chasing down a Slytherin rat. And most everyone raced after her, trying to solve the puzzle and what the gosh darn journal entries contained.

@LadyLizz still sat at the long table, silently questioning how Santa Baby could be sung as a funeral dirge. Moments ago she had went into the storeroom, telling the others she wanted to check out an inscription, but all she found was more death. There was the poor potato boy, lying under 10 sacks of potatoes, unfortunately not being able to control the magical power of the potato fairies.

The rest of the troop was in the front of the train, the dining and kitchen car being in the middle, so she dragged the body into the caboose with the help of Blue's unicorn. She should have questioned what the unicorn was doing in the fricking kitchen in the first place but help was needed in that moment.

Once again she sat down in her chair, took out the journal, deciphering the codes and further remarking how Blue couldn't have done this. Then there was rustling in the cupboard and she slid the shotgun out from under the chair. It was hard to creep over the floor boards so like your standard showoff witch, she levitated across the floor, started to pull on the door but instead kicked it open.

@Kyllorac sat under a quilt with a bag of cookies.

"Come on, let's go find the murderer."
"No."
"You can't stay here all day."
"I can and will."
"Just don't die, the caboose is already starting to get stacked with adding @Sheytato to the pile."
"How'd he go?"
"I just found him crushed under 500 pounds of potatoes."
"So not as happy as Blue. Good luck. Shut the door so I don't hear the screams."

And as the door closed, sealing Kyll in the sound proof chamber filled with cookies and coffee, a scream echoed down the train from the passenger cars ahead.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

Reviews: 1
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:48 pm
LieutenantPanda says...

Suddenly, a man who liked to call himself @LieutenantPanda ascended from his seat.

"I think I know who the murderer is!" shouted the mad man

Nobody knew if they should believe him or not, then he pointed his finger at @LadyLizz. He grabbed the shotgun from under her seat.

"See, is this enough proof!" shouted the man, everybody gasped.

"@LadyLizz, how could you!" shouted Mea!

@LadyLizz swiftly ran away out of the train and into the deep snow. Everyone chanting and swearing at her...

Was this the end?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:04 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

A CLAP OF THUNDER announced the arrival of one of the Crewmanders of the great and mighty Storybook Crew outside the train; and with a funnel of lights varying across a spectrum of radiant blues retreated @LadyLizz into the train car with Lumi by her side.

"@Kyllorac!" he called, "now comes your plot twisting, doubly-delicious explanation of our scenario, courtesy of--" he snapped his fingers, the shotgun in @LieutenantPanda's hands becoming a microphone, "--the [i]Resources Dep--"

Lizz looked beside her to see Lumi's eyes wide. Mouth agape. From his pirate vest grew holly and mistletoe in great clusters and vines--all from one hole in his chest.

He was yet dead, but dying where he stood - and anyone in the car could've been responsible.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:19 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

Except for Kyll who, having been shut inside the soundproofed confines of the cookie-and-coffee cupboard, heard nothing of the goings on outside. Not the scream. Not the dramatic CLAP OF THUNDER. Not the bombastic beginnings of a dramatic reveal.

Only a slight twang as Kyll reached up the slight gap between the cupboard door and front of the shelf to snag a pack of snickerdoodles.

Kyll froze, hand in the proverbial cookie jar, expecting something terrible and deadly to occur. When nothing did, Kyll shrugged, opened the package, and dunked the delicious dessert into Coffee Mug XI, completely blind to the chaos unfolding outside.

At least, until @LadyLizz opened the door and revealed the garishly festooned corpse of @Lumi while a put-out @LieutenantPanda tried to point a microphone menacingly at the organizer of this ill-planned trip on the murder train.

"So," said Kyll before taking a bite of the perfectly dunked cookie.

"So," echoed LadyLizz.

"Is it time to drop the reveals, or should we wait for more of the ghosts to drop haunting hints?"

Everyone in the car glanced around for the restless revenants of @BlueAfrica, @Sheytato, and the unfortunate soul who had been murdered off-screen whose identity had yet to be revealed.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:47 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

LadyLizz tried to think about in the space of 30 seconds, what exactly had just happened and how were they to proceed next. One moment, there was a hitchhiker on the train, invading the posts and claiming she was the murderess. This was so far from the truth, that it was laughable, but now was not the time for laughing.

Her pursuits for back up had failed and succeeded at the same time, losing @Lumi to a surprisingly un-watery grave for a pirate, but still managing to drag @Kyllorac out of the cookie cupboard.

The entire train stood silently watching the ghostly apparitions while also trying to make sure the prisoner didn't escape. It may have been him who killed Lumi or it might have been someone else, that was still to be determined.

The unknown ghost morphed in shape several times, switching forms and identities, before finally settling on a metallic canine. It was covered in blood, stab wounds and what appeared to chicken feathers, a curious combination for cause of death.

LadyLizz flipped through the living journal, so similar to Riddle's, to the next page. It now seemed that the new ghost on the scene was @ The
"It is @TheSilverFox!" shouted Kyll in between scarfing down a dozen cookies.
"But then who is the murderer?" questioned multiple crowd members, whose names Lizz forgot since actual passengers were showing up.
She went with a correction instead of a real answer.
"Murderers."

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

Resistance is futile.
— The Borg