z

Young Writers Society

Eden

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:17 pm
KiraThePotatoChip says...

DeathWood

Welcome to DeathWood, I see you all have passed our... rigorous entrance examination. I am the guilds caretaker, you may refer to me as the butler, curator, or keeper of the grounds. The butler dressed all up in black if you will. I really can't say if you should call me that, it may lead to confusion between the otherworlds. Anyway, to get back on track, I again must congratulate you on your successful entrance to our illustrious guild. Already I can see that this batch of new recruits will be exceptional. You all, of course, have very different skills, backgrounds, and aura.

So, to you magicians and witches, knights and stave users, assassins, and thieves, and all of the in between, let us get started right away. Let us start with the orientation and a basic first course about the guild. Let us first examine your aura. Even if you know what yours is, how it works, or even, Eden forbid, know how to use it, there is always good judgment in observing how others work.

Aura exists as an internal power, it is part of everything, or rather, there exists no natural thing without an aura. The very grass you stand on flows with aura, however, it can never take control or even understand how it might work. Unlike most people, I can see each one of your aura. Furthermore, I do not possess myself an aura, but control all types that surround me. If you've been paying attention, then you will make the connection that I am not a natural being, but we shall dive into that later.

Aura takes different characteristics based on its color and shape. Let us first delve into colors and their respective uses. Aura can be any color, however, it is easier to break them down into main groupings. Primary colors, such as Red, Green, and Blue, make up the purest forms of aura. Pure Red has high offensive uses, and being one of the pure forms of aura is extremely powerful. Pure Green is highly effective with supportive uses. Finally Pure Blue is very good with defensive uses. The one biggest flaw to these pure aura types is that they are un refinable by themselves. They are pure, raw energy, ill suited for specific tasks and manipulation.

Aura shape determines the specific range of powers you will ever have access to. For example, our local bartender has a daisy that dominates the majority of his aura. While the daisy means nothing about his personality, at least, one would think, with his demeanor, it demonstrates his power range. The daisy is a flower, for those of you who don't know agriculture, but the flower relates to a branch of shapes. Organic shapes can mean very different things, however, most flowers relate to regeneration and longevity. The more you use your aura, the more variation will begin to crop up. Most new developments will be additions or changes to shape, but color has been known to change or gain complexity. This of course takes years upon years of aura use.

To Recap;

Red: Offensive Capabilities

Green: Support Capabilities

Blue: Defensive Capabilities

Shape: Shape is personal to the user, and allows for nearly any use of aura.

Daily Schedule

6:00-7:30-Waking Hours

7:35-8:15-Guild Breakfast

8:20-Morning Training (Individual Choice)

9:30-Guild Study (Arcanum, Apothecary, Bestiary)

11:00-Free hours

12:30- Guild Lunch

1:30- Guild Training (Group, Battalion, Battle training)

2:30-Guild duties (Room cleanup, ship repairs, and maintenance, etc.)

3:00-Adventure Board (Turn in, accept, post new jobs)

4:00-Free time

6:30-Guild Dinner

8:00- Curfew (Be on guild grounds by this time unless you have permission to be elsewhere)

10:00-Resting Time

Information Form

Code: Select all
Character Template
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearence:[/b]
[b]Weapon(s):[/b]
[b]Aura:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Class(Knight, Assassin, Mage, etc.):[/b]
[b]Other Info:[/b]

Rules
1.Standard SB Rules Apply
2.Don't kill of characters without permission
3.Keep it PG-13, blood and gore to minimal levels
4.Respect others ideas, but work with one another in the DT
5.Have fun!
Bisexual Disaster, Master Stroke of a human being, may or may not incite a revolution.

Be steadfast as a tower that doth not bend its stately summit to the tempest’s shock.
— Dante Alighieri