z

Young Writers Society

Dance Academy

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:50 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

This is it. This is the moment you've been waiting for.

Welcome to the National Academy of Dance, located in Sydney, Australia. Your audition begins the moment you walk into the room. Any mistake will get you booted, only 20 will be accepted in each class, first, second, and third year. For the sake of this storybook, everybody will be about 16 and in first year.

You've trained your entire life for this. The National Academy of Dance focuses primarily on ballet, but other dance forms (jazz, hip hop, contemporary, etc.) are requirements to pass. Your character must be very strong in ballet, but strength and flexibility in other dance forms is a great way for your character to get ahead. The bottom 2 who don't make the cut at the end of exams each semester will be going home. The top students, at maximum, 4, will be offered contracts at the Sydney dance company. The next top, maybe 6 or 7, will be offered contracts at other prestigious companies. The rest of you? Good luck.

The Academy is both a competition and a learning experience. It is just as cutthroat as it is graceful.

This is based on the hit show, Dance Academy, but the similarities end at the basic premise and setting. IT IS OKAY IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE SHOW. IT IS OKAY IF YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF HOW BALLET WORKS.

I would like an even distribution of male and female dancers, but if you would like to experiment with the gender spectrum (transgender, nonbinary, gender fluid, etc.) that is totally fine. You may have up to two characters. I hope this gets some interest... here is your template:

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Personal History:[/b]
[b]Hobbies:[/b]
[b]Strengths/Weaknesses (Personality and in Dance):[/b]
[b]UFL?[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Rules:

1. Swearing is fine, try to limit dropping the f bomb. The "r" word is not acceptable ever.
2. Romance is fine, don't describe anything you wouldn't want your mother to see.
3. Don't God Mod. Please. Please don't do it. It's not fun for anybody. Especially not me, I don't want to have to patrol the storybook haha.
4. If you're rude to somebody else, (I don't mean disagreeing, I mean name calling and outright bullying) you will be removed from the storybook. No exceptions.
5. No perfect characters. Your character must have some kind of flaw. And it must actually be a flaw. I don't mean cute flaws like "she's shy." I mean actual, out of your comfort zone, FLAW.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach.
— Winston Churchill