z

Young Writers Society

The Curse of the Marie Celeste

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:44 pm
View Likes
RedBird says...

It is said that the British Royal Navy fears only two ships, the Llorona and the Syren. These two pirate ships are known all over the world for their terrifying stealth and ruthless crews. Both captains are clever and no ship that they have hunted has ever gotten away. The two are deadly rivals. Generally, they try to stay out of each other's way, but when they inevitably cross paths, violence ensues. The last time this happened, villagers on the coast nearby fled their homes for fear of the fight being taken to land.

Now, however, a tale has come up of a fabulous treasure, one that is not only vast in its riches, but which also grants a great power to any who possess it. Rumor has it that this treasure is locked in the hold of a ghost ship which floats in the Sargasso Sea, the Sea of Weeds. No one knows what happened to the crew of this ship, the Marie Celeste, but everyone who tells the tale does seem certain of one thing: The treasure is still there, ripe for the taking.

Of course, most dismiss such stories as rubbish, mindless supersitions. But pirates, being pirates, have their ears perked for any signs of treasure, and this one, something that could grant powers unimaginable to those who possess it, is irresistable. Soon, the crews of both the Llorona and the Syren are raking every port they come to for someone who has seen the Marie Celeste. When they find just such a person, the chase is on. As both ships race towards the Marie Celeste and a treasure beyond anyone's imagination, the pirates fail to connect two most important facts. For the treasure they seek is powerful, yes, but with it comes something terrible beyond belief, something the crew of the Marie Celeste discovered to their peril....

Characters:

As we start, I'll be the captain of the Syren, and if you want to be first officer on either ship, or the captain of the Llorona, PM me your profile. I'll reveal who gets each post in the DT. As the ships reach the Marie Celeste, I will reveal the nature of the mysterious treasure...
Also, each ship has a magical artifact of sorts that aides each crew in their pirating. I'm still considering what that object will be for the Syren, but we can discuss this in the DT!

Here's the template (you can have two characters):

Name:

Ship:

Position on ship:

Appearance:

Personality:

Brief history:

Strengths/weaknesses:

Other:
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

A memorandum isn't written to inform the receiver, but to protect the writer.
— Dean Acheson