Civil

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Tue May 16, 2017 8:17 am
Sassafras says...

C I V I L

The elder ones called it, Ka Lehu Haule, meaning “the falling of the ashes”

"Two generations ago, before the arrival of man unto our water, there was Ka Lehu Haule. Carcasses, debris, and destruction rained down from the Beyond. The Old Ones saw it as the end of times, the destruction of the heavens. Omens from an angry God.

Then came the Menfolk, bearing down on us with lights and metals and noise and “treaties”. We thought them God-sent. Oh, how foolish we were in that long ago, but never again. These Menfolk have polluted and raped our water, stolen our caves, our reefs. I say, no more! No more will we suffer under the hands of these dirty creatures. No longer shall we run or hide in fear. It is time we take back our home, our Numakhiki, and our lives.

Now, it is our time to fight back."

History

Some centuries ago, the surface world of Earth experienced its great apocalypse. The world has ended in fire and not ice. However, Humans had been preparing for such a downfall decades in advance, so when the apocalypse finally touched down, the survivors of the catastrophe initiated Operation Deep, and moved Mankind into the oceans.

It took a few generations of hard living and casualty before Humans finally made it deep enough into the ocean to escape the nuclear fallout from the surface while also keeping within range of resources and food.

The only problem was that the Merfolk were already there.

After some time Merfolk and Man struck up an agreement to live cohesively, but that was an extremely short-lived arrangement. Tension has been growing between the Man and Merfolk for ages and now things have finally burst.

Conflict

very important

Now for some technical, SB-mechanics hoohaa.

Since this is a War-type storybook, there are going to frequently be battles between Merfolk and Mankind. These are going to be decided on a random die roll between both parties. This way, neither I nor others can steer any one side to win.

For example, we have Blue and Red. Blue decides to “Attack” red. “Attack” does not have to be physical or violent, but can simply mean stealing, spying, or any sort of other direct confrontation between groups. If Blue wins, whatever “Prize” was laid out before the Attack is won, but if Blue loses then they must take a “Loss”.

Prizes could be “Gain that piece of information” or “win that battle” etc. A Loss could be “Lose certain item” or “suffer injury”. Prizes are established by the Attacking team and Losses are determined by the Defending team. I will be mediating to ensure these terms are kept fair.

Now, Attacks can be brought up in the Storybook at any time by the participating members - as long as it is discussed - but Battles can only be initiated by me.

There will be three Battles before deciding the winner of the War. The time of these Battles will be determined as the story progresses.

Going into major battles, each side has five dice.

However, Battle mechanics are a little different than Attack mechanics. Let's say there were 8 Attacks leading up to the first Battle and Blue won only 3 of them. This means, during the dice rolls for the Battle, Blue can make Red re-roll any die three times, but Red can make Blue re-roll any die five times. Very simple ^^

Profiles

You can either play a Merfolk or a Human, but I want to keep the sides even.

Merfolk:

Kiuna "The Chief" - ReisePiecey

Likau "War Chief" -

Warriors:

- ScarlettFire

Mankind

Commander - ScarlettFire

Major -

Officers:

- ReisePiecey

Template

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Other:[/b]

Hope y'all enjoy. Please enter all profiles, comments, or questions into the DT. ^^

P.S.

This SB will rely heavily on communication and dedication. Be prepared to be active if you decide to join. There are no "civilian" roles being played here so everyone's participation is important <3

Spoiler! :
Tag time ^^ @ScarlettFire @Sheyren @Lumi @Rosendorn @Nike @Wolfical @niteowl @anyoneelse
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you, and smile."
— Anne Frank