Young Writers Society

Project:「Dragon」

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat May 06, 2017 8:53 pm
DragonNoir says...

Project:「Dragon」

Introduction:
Medieval England, 1479. Gossip of a prophecy spreads through London like a wildfire. The prophecy’s message is:
“Within the capital of the Kingdom which granted the title of ‘Conqueror’, a beast will be born of a woman of common blood, yet her character cannot be described as ‘common’. This beast will not be of fur, but of scale, of wing and fire. It will grow to full-size in three moons and when it does, it will destroy everything in its way to domination.”
England’s King brings a superior scientist before him. He is given the task of finding the woman and containing the beast, so that the King may use it for future conquests. The scientist, along with his associates, hunt for the woman. Meanwhile, the King of France pays a visit to England, claiming that the beast should belong to him, since the ‘Conqueror’ was of French blood. The English King disagrees greatly, their argument ends in a commencing of a race. The French King arranges for his own scientist to find the woman before the English. Which side will find the woman and manage to harness the beast’s power? Will the prophecy turn out to be just another rumour?

Rules:
Basic YWS/SB rules
Romance is allowed, but sexual content is not
At least 500 words per post
Posts don’t have to be created at specific times, but this doesn’t mean you can just slack off and not write anything.
Adapt to the time: we don’t have magic or gunpowder, but we do have witchcraft and religion.
All posts have to be in some way, shape or form related to the topic.
Have fun! Any feedback is also welcome!

Roles:
English King: Needed
Prophet: Needed
English Scientist: Needed
English Scientist’s Associates (Max. 4 characters): Needed
The Beast (but will it really be needed…?): Unknown
Test Subjects/Women (At least 2): Needed
French King: Needed
French Scientist: Needed
French Scientist’s Associates (Max. 4 characters): Needed

Link to DT: Project:「Dragon」DT
"I don't need eyes to see that I have talent." - Brandon Rogers

I communicate much better on paper than I do when I open my mouth.
— Aaron Sorkin