Young Writers Society

Fools!

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:59 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

"...WHY...! AM I...! ALWAYS...! TAGGED HERE! UGH!"

These words echoed through the Shell Master's castle, resort, and into every single extravagant building of the resort-like isle of tranquil madness that was his home. Dressed in his usual yellow magician suit and red boots - yes, red boots, did you expect a madman to respect conventional fashion sense? - Tortwag grabbed his squarred top hat and stormed out of his residence, a furious need to splash some brains like the Zombeef he sometimes dreamt to be. Or maybe he was closer to the Hampire.
Hmm. Mystery to be solved.

But speaking of Hampire, why wasn't that @AstralHunter answering the Chaos Phone? He was the one who wanted Tortwag to participate in YWS' antics in the first place!

"Sir," a random passing Gizoid minion interrupted as he came by, "if you don't mind me reading your mind, I do not believe your friend's influence should be needed for you to join anything that requires madness in it."

Tortwag frowned. "Which member of the G-Series of you?"

"Codename: G-Flint. 4th Wall-breaking series."

"Oh. Right. Flint. Because Skylanders. And about what you said, I DO need his influence! Or anyone's! Do you KNOW what happens when I join anything that requires madness in it? I add my own! And you know what happens along with that! The Reference-Quote Apocalypse musn't happen here?"

"Why the question mark at the end?"

"Typo."

"Right. Why not?"

"...Because... Uh... Nobody... Can... Fully... take it?"

"@Lumi would slap you for believing that, sir."

"Don't you mean Astral? Or @Sheyren? ...Or maybe @Mage, though she's not the slapping type. I think."

"Nice job tagging 3 more people with two sentences, sir."

"Thank you. I don't know what I'm doing."

"Wrong. You're distracting the current reader with dynamic dialogues. You're decent at those."

"YOU MEAN I'M THE KING OF THOSE! ...Don't let anyone know I said that."

"Only if you finally do what you do best."

"...Apocalypse?"

"Apocalypse."

Tortwag sighed. "This is a very very dangerous idea that could very very easily backfire." Tortwag's eyes suddenly lit up. "...Oh. I've started. Quick, G-Flint! Bring me the Book of Toons!"

The robot extended his hands. The book had been in it all along.

"...oh."

"Like a Boss, sir."

"Please stop Pennyworthing me." Tortwag looked at the readers. "Shoutouts to anyone here that actually got that joke. We appreciate your viewership. What I just said was an EVEN MORE subtle quote. Can you get it? Do get back at me if you did, and get free cookies."

With that said, Tortwag teleported himself towards the Balcony and opened his Book of Toons. He went for his favorite page, The 666th one, and cleared his throat.

"...WARE WA MESSIAH NARI! HA, HA HA HA HA! MOKUSHIROKU WA HAJIMARI DA!"

With that said and done, an enormous, impossibly large, more-redundant-description amount of references, quotes and Twaggyfied figures from all over the internet and even the realm world itself appeared from the page and spread in the entire realm of YWS, plaguing the place with its unstoppable might.

"Uh, G-Flint?"

"Sir."

"Please bring me the Wag Translator. I get the feeling that the next posters are just gonna take references of their own until my next appearance, and I want this apocalypse to go well. And for that, I must direct it myself and spread it across the world, the Fool's Month as my trusty companion. So, I need to translate Twagsicle to anyone who doesn't understand it."

"...D'you really think that lightly of this place's craziness, Sir? They'll understand you."

"EVEN IF MY REFERENCES AND QUOTES ARE IN FRENCH, SPANISH, ENGLISH AND PORTUGUESE ALL MIXED TOGETHER WITH THE INTERNET'S MADNESS AND CARTOON'S INFLUENCE?!"

"...Ah."

"Yeah."

"...Oh."

"Yup."

"...Eeeeh."

"Shut up and lemme jump from this balcony."

"...Oh."

"WIGGLER AHOY! FULL STEAM AHEAD!" Upon jumping from the balcony, the Shell Master was greeted by his eternal pet, the supersonic caterpillar that was Wiggler. Once on its head, Tortwag set off into the moonlight, his Book of Toon World still open, references and quotes spreading into the world like a deranged Pandora's box.

"Hey, reader?" Tortwag concluded. "Notice how this entire post was written without interacting with everyone else but my own minions and not actual people. You liked it? Yes? Good. Ah, But you didn't? WELL THAT'S HOW LITTLE I KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH OTHER HUMANS OF YWS. I'M TOO CRAZY FOR THIS. WANNA PROVE ME WRONG? THEN HURRY AND STOP MY APOCALYPSE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE TO DO SO! I'LL COME BACK LATER ANYWAY!"
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:03 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

With the tensions dispersed and other users off to Taco Bell, Mage found herself alone and without anything that she had to do in particular. (Besides writing a Curse of Wyvern post, but that was rather difficult without her trusty laptop.)

After a moment of thinking, she decided to visit one of her fellow fangirls. She found the nearest stargate and hit the address that she clearly remembered off the top of her head.

She jumped through the glowing portal. "Hi, @AllisontheWriter!" she exclaimed with a wave. "Have you seen some of the pranks-"

Allison was looking at her phone and painting something on the canvas in front of her. She had only just started, but the picture already looked vaguely familiar. Mage peered over her shoulder to look at the image on her phone.

Spoiler! :

"I wanted to put it on my actual wall," Allison exclaimed.

Mage fumbled around for her wallet. "How many points do I need to pay you for you to make me one of those when you're done with that one?"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:51 am
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Sometimes Wiz really despised @Lumi.

After his Master, Admiral @Rydia, had shown up with her hammer-wielding associate @Snoink to resolve a legal despute regarding over-due parking tickets and pizza topppings, @TheMaieuticMesmerist made a strategic retreat to his broomcloset before she or anyone else could find a way to prank him.

However, as he and @Persistence were herding the brooms back into the closet, the whole area around them was covered by silly pink string. He immediately knew Lumi and @Sacredlege (sorry, Sacrebarrel)were behind it, meaning bad things were about to happen.

And sure enough, just as Wiz locked the door, he was grabbed from the back, gagged and dragged before a council of sentient brooms wearing several of the cloaks Wiz stole from the Cloakroom before it was absorbed into the abyss by @Nate.

"Wizard, your overlordship over the brooms has come to an end," the central figure said, sounding a lot like @ChildOfNowhere. "Soon we shall break out of this broomcloset and wage our war against this alternate reality created by Lumi's gummy bear piano."

Why do villains always expose their plans to their captives?, Wiz wondered as he stood there on his once always cleanly swept floor.

"What are we to do with them?" The cloaked one on the right of the central one, who sounded like @BlueAfrica, asked.

"Throw them in the dust pit with the rest of the users," the third one on the left said, to which the brooms which had gagged Wiz and Persistence pushed them toward a dark, dusty room, locking them in the darkness beyond
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:44 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Meanwhile, in @ElizabethLovelace's car, Lumi sniffed the air, unable to shake the feeling that someone else had started another Prankocalypse without him.

Also, in the portal realm, Lumi-Zed was doing sit-ups while another Lumi stood on his feet. Another Lumi entered the chamber and provided him with a banana phone.

He answered.

"I already bought twelve boxes of thin mints, but thank you for calli--Ohhh, I seeeee." He yoinked his feet from under Lumi's feet and rose to stand. "So The Prank Queen @Rydia has shown her hand...no, I mean, she has more than one hand, but--" He took his ear off the banana phone. "Yes, boss, I know I'm supposed to be the Big Bad of this one." He siiiiighed. "Yessss, boss. I know I'm supposed to be inciting the riotous nature of the pirates in SB Crew."

He paused.

"...oh really."

A pace to the north wall, then the east.

"So he's really back, then."

He grinned.

"Excellent."

Back in the car with @Nikayla and Liz, who had become his fam, he downed a packet of hot sauce and pointed to a road leading up the hill towards the Resources neighborhood. "Y'all, let's go pick up @Omnom and prank some librarians."

Nikayla burped out crackers like a bloated whale relieving gas through her bristly teeth. "Why Omnom? Ain't he a resource mod? I thought you were all gung-ho about pranking SB Crew."

He grinned. "Oh nah, dude. He's a pirate again."

Liz groaned. "We're totally involving too many mods and not enough membRWHAT?!"

The car lurched off the ground and into the tree canopy above as a steel net pulled them off the road, facing downwards. Liz began to scream.

"WHICH ONE OF Y'ALL SCRAWNY BOOK JOCKEYS--"

"Dear Lord," shouted @AllisonTheWriter over the profanities. "We caught Red Fire in the forest."

"IF THERE'S EVEN A SOLITARY SCRATCH ON MY BABY WHEN I GET DOWN I'M GON' KICK ALL Y'ALL'S--"

"I suppose we should lower the net," mumbled @Megrim, scratching the back of their neck.

"Why's that?" asked @ScarlettFire and @Tenyo in unison. "We caught them likely attempting to prank us in our neighborhood."

"You see Nikayla trying to escape through the window?"

"Yah," they all said in unison.

"BLARGHNRGFFFFLAAFM."

"She gets motion sick."

"Oh GOD," shouted Lumi. "It's everywhere!

Back in the portal world, Lumi-Zed was realizing things were not going quite as planned.

"Things are not going quite as planned," realized Lumi-Zed. "Until more of our fodder can spawn, let @Tortwag's Prankocalypse continue...while we get our boy cleaned up." He turned his head to a female Lumi. "What is the status on @AstralHunter and @TheSilverFox?"

"One has yet to make an appearance, and the other escaped total mischief after being, according to reports, 'Pied in the face so wicked hard dude you wouldn't even believe oh my god I've never seen a guy run like that ah ha ha ha ha.' End quote."

"Excellent. Increase pursuit of TheSilverFox by the @Sacredlege troop. I'm sorry, that Sacrebarrel. I keep forgetting they let him evolve. Who was with him?"

"That would be the current featured member, @Sheyren."

"Excellent. Proceed while I send these goons to Resources. That barf really is everywhere."

After his minions left the room, doors closed, he reached for the top of his neck and began to pull until the Lumi face slipped off, revea--
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:53 am
View Likes
Brigadier says...

While Yam, vomited through the window of the mustang, Lizz proceeded to curse @Lumi until she kicked open a door and jumped to the ground. He remained sitting shotgun in the front of the car, half wanting to follow her and prevent a fight. But he also half wanting to scroll through animal memes and see what she did to the so called 'book jockeys'. He made the compromise at, "Liz do you need any backup?" and then turned back to his phone.

"I'm fine."
Her reply happened parallel to the straightening of the gun belt she had never removed back at the warehouse. Then she bent down and dusted a few nacho crumbs off the black leather heeled boots while also somehow tightening the bandana around her neck. Suddenly @featherstone9086 and @ChieRynn dropped from the sky like birds of prey and even called out in a shriek "cawwww cawwww cawwwww."
"What the he- I thought you two were still in the back seat."
Feather folded up her parachute and answered, "you know how transporters work."
"Yes but I'm trying to work out some things right now so if you'll just back up a set and I'll call you if I need your cyberhawk to attack someone."

Lumi peered down once more from the car as well as @ScytheMeister and @FairyLight who had also mysteriously apparated from nowhere.
"You still doing fine liz?"

Instead of answering, she turned back to the car capturers, and started to waltz towards them.
"Now y'all are gonna take down my car from that tree and I'm not gonna shoot you. If there is one dent or scratch or bit of dirt on that car, I will break the terms of the agreement. Certainly you resource people have some resources that can get my car down safely."

@Megrim looked back and forth at the other trappers before pulling a cellphone from their pocket and going off into the woods to call the boss. @Omnom went to work on lowering the car safely while @Mage tried to strike up some pleasant conversation to keep things semi peaceful. Lovelace's mild cursing and the mage's very happy inspirational quotes, were interrupted by a @Stormcloud in the sky carrying down a very shaken @ty7lucky.

"Well that was luck that I didn't land on top of you Ms. Zinnia."
"I'm very grateful for that Professor Vermillion."

Storm sat on the ground next to the tree that the car was strung up in, talking to Tom and @haredrier. Now surrounded by a gang of random people parachuting and teleporting in, the main bits of the gang started to question what they were doing here. The recalling of the train of thought was further disrupted by an actual train to Hogwarts barreling through the forest and on-board in the first seats were @Iggy and @Carlito, before the train rocketed back onto its actual tracks and faded into the background.

"Well this ain't awkward at all. But you see my car hasn't been cut down quite yet so I'm sorry but I'm gonna start shooting targets."

It was then that all the characters saw a glowin light coming down from the sky.
"It's a bird," said @Vellichor.
"It's a plane," said @Eternity.
"You're all idjits," said the ghost of Bobby peeking out from behind a push.

It was in fact a group of alien and human heroes from every franchise. @Aley was at the front of the pack of Vulcans while @AkeliaTaske and Chie sat on a chair being moved by the force of Jedis and rebel fighters behind them. @Falconer followed who was leading a small group of Klingons who were just barely keeping from killing each other. And then @Meshugenah who descending slowly from the sky, followed by a pack of kittens in military uniforms before realizing this was the wrong fight, and turning around to ascend back into the sky.

Lovelace stood in the middle of all of this happening and finally just let out a long sigh followed by a couple of expletives and a very simple question for the crowd surrounding her.

"What the heck is even going on around here?"

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:00 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Lumi was suddenly glad he'd paid his portal bill.

"Y'all are just excessive, fam." So he grabbed @Nikayla and popped a portal open, slinging the both through into @Omnom's old place in the Resources district.

"YOOOOOOO Husbando?!"

"I'm moving," he tweeted from below.

Lumi looked at Kays, who shrugged. He took out his yPhone and tweeted back:

Okay so like we have portal balls now. Stepping up in the world! Come w/ me.
No way!! <33 I'll be up after I finish cleaning these daggers for @Rosendorn

And soon enough, the trio was together. "Next, stop, the pirate shi--"

"No. No pirate ship for me. Take me to the Poetree so I can get out of this bedlam and have a nice, inspirational peach."

Lumi shrugged. "Alright. It's not a tagbook without a visit to the Poetree. Maybe we'll see @AstralHunter in our jump through continuity."

Omnom shook his head. "My guess is that he's the guy who took off the Lumi-Zed mask in the last post of yours. He wants to prank you for being so gung-ho about pranking him."

"I figured it was @Rydia."

"But who would she call "Boss" earlier on?"

"Obviously Nate."

"Hm. We could investiga--"

"POETREE."

"FINE FINE." Lumi threw a gusher on the ground and a portal opened. The three walked through and breathed fresh, clean air that smelled of peaches and lavender and symbolism. In the distance, @Tortwag's minions were wreaking havoc on the continuity proper of YWS.

Over by the tree, @Audy strummed a Ukulele. "Leeet's go to the gaarden, youuu'll find something waiiitiiing..."

Nikayla clapped and harmonized. "Riiight there where you left it, lying up-side-down..."

Lumi couldn't help but notice the lack of poets. No @Rosendorn or @LadySpark. No @Kyllorac or @Aley...No @alliyah! Where was Alliyah?! Where was @Morrigan?!

"Something's not right here," whispered @Omnom.

It was then that a horde of poets dove from the tree above with cans of Silly String, covering the two men from head to toe in glorious, symbolic violet.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:23 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

Sheyren was lost and without direction. This was likely the result of unplanned plotlines and crazy character development. But Shey liked it.

Not knowing what else to do, he decided to prank a few people who had basically been left out of the , as far as he knew. On his planned list was @SarukaTheHuman, @Feltrix, @KiraThePotatoChip, @KaraStevens, @screamingsloth, @regismare, and @Snazzy because no one shall stay unaffected by the madness. But first, he needed an accomplice. The important question was who should be his accomplice.

He pondered it for some time before deciding to head through the center of YWSville and see who was there. Maybe someone would see his need for assistance in pranking and offer support.

But when he got to town, he was shocked to find it was severely damaged. @Tortwag 's minions were wildly running around town wreaking havoc. Shocked by this, he ran inside a building and peaked out a window to survey the surroundings.

Below him was a lot of fire.

It occurred to him this was his fault for tagging Tort and angering him, so Shey realized he needed to fix the issue.

For the first time he turned around to profile the shadowy depths of the building. Behind him were two people meditating. It was SarukaTheHuman and KaraStevens.

"Uhh, what are you doing here?"

Saruka gestured to herself and Kara. "We are meditating."

"Why?"

Kara stood up, breaking her trance. "Well, no one would prank meditating humans, so it's a countermeas- oh my Lord there's fire."

Shey tilted his head. "You haven't noticed the explosions and flames? Really?!" He sighed. "I need to get to Tort's palace and put an end to this madness."

"Ooh, can I come?" Kara said. "Meditating is kinda boring, and I'm only doing it cause Saruka is."

"I did say you weren't entitled to stay," Saruka interjected.

"Shhhhhh."

Shey looked out the window at the havoc. "Okay, let's get going. Flames ain't gonna put themselves out."

"We need an army, cause armies are fun," Saruka said. "I know just who to get to join us."

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:28 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Kara laughs. "Haha, me too! And for your information, I wasn't really meditating, I was brooding on Houston and how we should worship him."

"Who?" Saruka asks.

"Never mind," Kara sighs. "Who is this help you say? Mine is @ZeldaIsSheik and @Ferruccio1234567 , my stalker. You?"

She inches away from the fire slowly, as to not burn herself.

((I don't normally do storybooks but okay.))
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:59 pm
View Likes
Feltrix says...

Feltrix slid through the timeline, picking out the time that had been drawn to his divine attention. Someone had uttered his name. Shern, or something like that. To a fourth dimensional being such as himself, going into the three dimensional world of YWS would be quite dull, but he would go anyway. He had been invoked, after all.

He moved towards the third dimension (smiting a few pesky mortals as he did so), before entering it with a slight twist in space.

He surveyed the area. The landscape was mostly on fire, pockmarked with craters. Not much had changed.

And then Feltrix looked up. What a boring direction, up. No where near as interesting as when. Those thoughts were immediately banished from his mind.

"@Sparkawan, @featherstone9086, come here," he muttered. He spoke quietly, but that didn't matter. They would come. "You're going to want to see this."

The sun was blotted out by a familiar inky shape, as well as most of the sky. Tentacles twisted across the heavens, stretching across the world. The gargantuan creature hovered over the world of YWS, it's weight distorting the gravity of the tiny planet, throwing the oceans into disarray.

Feltrix's thin lips twisted into a smile. "Hail the Cosmic Squid."
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:04 pm
View Likes
KiraThePotatoChip says...

The Black King was inhaling the sweet fumes of utter trash as per usual when he heard a call he had not heard of in several millenniums.

"So, a call has been uttered, this should be fun," said he, kicking the pile of trash into the Void. He walked over to a large, seemingly neverending wall of masks. "I'll need to restrict my power if I'm to descend into the depths of YWS, can't have the mods in my way after all," muttered Kira, picking up a hardened leather mask stitched down the middle with two slitted eyes.

"Shame, I was intending to use this design in a lovely little storybook down the road. Ah, well, it is a fitting design for this expedition," Kira moved through the onyx halls of his mighty realm. "I do hope that @Sheyren knows what he's unleashed. I may not have power in his questing halls, but now I get to show some flair," laughed Kira, thrusting his hand into the solid floor, stirring. After a few rotations, the obsidian flooring had turned into a swirling mass.

Kira sniffed the air one last time before jumping down into the portal. For a few moments, he could see the Void but was whisked away at high speeds through the landscape of Realms. He sneezed destroying countless unfinished realms.

"Whoops," he muttered, shooting out of the portal into the Realm of YWS. He promptly slammed into a stone tower, leveling the structure into atoms. "Yowch, let's hope no one saw nor heard that... Guess I'm really not one for quiet entrances. Well wouldja look at that, there's the ship I sank into the chats ceiling!" exclaimed Kira, standing up from the crater he formed.
Bisexual Disaster, Master Stroke of a human being, may or may not incite a revolution.

61 Reviews

Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:37 pm
View Likes
Feltrix says...

"Hail the Cosmic Squid, may it's greatness last forever!

"Hail the Cosmic Squid, wielder of eternity!

"Hail the Cosmic Squid, shatterer of reality!

"Hail the Cosmic Squid, who burns through time!

"Hail the Cosmic Squid, lord of the multiverse!

"Hail the Cosmic Squid, emperor of all that is, all that has been, and all that will be!

"Hail the Cosmic Squid!

"Hail the Cosmic Squid!

"HAIL THE COSMIC SQUID!

"HAIL THE COSMIC SQUID!"
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Brief Castaway
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:52 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Lady Lovelace sat outside her car while still waiting for a response to the simple query. The crowds were thinning out and her two travel companions had left mid-chaos to go see Omn. It was moments after they passed through the portal, that she had heard the screams and the spray of hundreds of cans of silly strings.
It seems that once again she was left to deal with the squadron of knights sitting in front of her. Most of them were young and green but a few were old and slightly judging her, as if there was no way she could be a commander.

Oh gawd I hate when he leaves me here to deal with this crap, Lizz thought to herself as trying to decide how to address the rescue team standing in front of her.
"Troop, we have a very special mission today, to rescue the commanding officers that we somewhat like but have a loyalty to because we may need our usernames changed one day. And also because the other ones are good people who shouldn't have had to fall under the prey of silly string assassins. Any questions?"

@PrincessInk, the hummingbird lieutenant, raised her hand with a question before meeting Lizz's eye and lowering it back. The few other knights shot her looks of 'why' and 'don't you know what she does when people ask questions'.

"Ink, do you have a question and/or and objection to the mission?"
"How are we getting there?"
"Generally by portal but your specific mode of transportation is up to you. That all?"
"Yes. But shouldn't we call in more knights that are older and have more experience in these sorts of things."
"I suppose we could call in someone like @Griffinkeeper, though god knows what parallel timeline of space he's in at the moment. @PenguinAttack is probably too busy fighting for the other side in the silly string attacks. Wait I know of someone who would come and fight with us."

Lovelace went to the car and searched around for her phone. She shot off a quick 911 text to @Lavvie reading, "The silly string wars have begun, again. Bring all the knights."
Then she flipped through her contacts and found the Knight Queen herself, @Hannah. The same message was sent with the addition of this monty python gif.

I might as well text all of the semi-active knights while I'm at it.
And with that messages were sent to @Carlito (even tho she had already been summoned for an earlier HP sequence), @EternalRain, @RippleGylf, and @KAL, these being the few fellow knights she was comfortable talking too. Then she looked out into the crowd to see four phones lighting up and realized they were already there.

"Oops. Guess we better get a ramblin'."

A few jumped in the back of the car while Ink mounted her chariot led by hummingbirds. The other, older and more devoted knights, took coconuts from the packs and walked through the portal while making clip-clop sound effects. No matter the method, they all got to the other side, just in time to see the remnants of the battlefield. It was a horrid sight to see but it was what happened next, that surprised everyone.

Tune in the next hour to see what happens during the exciting tagbook of Fools!

"Omni dear, for the love of someone, please get off the roof and stop being a spokesperson/announcer/radio man. Lum will kill me if you die."

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

40 Reviews

Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:12 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Tortwag abruptly stopped the advance of his giant supersonic catterpillar - he'd call it by its name, AKA Wiggler, but he knew that not all readers would understand the name or see the image behind it - and rolled his eyes. Fire? Minions wrecking havoc? And now a giant squid?

"Well. This would be intimidating if I wasn't listening to electric violin." he commented as a void formed itself under his pet's feet. Luckily, he still had the book of toons in hand, and hastily summoned his trusty Sunshine Sunbird to fly on. Wiggler had fallen into the abyss created by the giant squid, but now Tortwag could see the full extent of that Cosmic Squid's countermeasure. Still, Tortwag could not help but chuckle.

"@Sheyren!" he called over the city. "I knoooooooow you're involved in this! And this is your second mistake, y'know! First was calling me here, thinking I'd act like everyone else! Second was calling this squid! Don't you know what I long for the most? Don't you KNOW that there's one thing aside dynamic descriptions that I'd DARE bring to the table of a Tagbook? Don't you know that this will elongate my posts even more?" Tortwag opened his Book of Toons once again. "That's right, maggot! I'm a BATTLE-HOLIC! Now let's make this place my home turf even more and hit my music! GIZOID SQUAD! RADIO STATION!"

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

As the invading music resounded through the entire city, thus preventing the rare rescuers from properly hear the screams of people they tried to help during the apocalypse, Tortwag went straight towards the Cosmic Squid's location,. "Well then, Mr.Squid!" he exclaimed. "Time for a Quote Summoning session! And it begins... now!"

"SandBird Spam!" Having said that, five more giant sandbirds appeared next to Tortwag. He put the book in his shoulder bag and pointed at all the birds in sight.

"Ware Wa Messiah Nari!" "Quote Summoning: Messiah of Desctrucion - Omega Zero! And because I know I need visuals for y'all YWSers to actually get what I'm saying, I'LL ACT EVEN MORE AGAINST THE USUAL TROPES OF PLACES AND PEOPLE HERE BY PROVIDING THEM AFTER EACH SUMMONING! HERE'S ONE!"
Spoiler! :

"I've been waiting for this day... To see you again... Fox McCloud! " "Quote Summoning! Lylat System Conqueror - ANDROSS!"
Spoiler! :

"We are the ultimate existence. You cannot resist us. You will join us." "Quote summoning: Civilization Absorber - Aparoid Pigma!"
Spoiler! :

"And finally...!" "Meet the BEAST that sent Eon to his well-deserved bodilless Oblivion! Meet! MY HYDRAAAAA!" "Quote Summoning! Skylands Conqueror - Kaos Hydra!"
Spoiler! :

Tortwag calmly crossed his hands as his army of bosses charged their mouth-mounted, arm-mounted, or even chest-mounted lasers, all aiming at the so-called Cosmic Squid in front of them, who was still absorbing the scent of the burning city below.

"By the way, For anyone who's alive!" Tortwag shouted from his sandy pedestal, knowig that the music had ended. "Two of my summoned Quotes here are virus holders! They absorb and spread the apocalypse through whoever they hit, even if they don't kill! Soooooo, have FUN with that! C'mon, yaro-domo! Open fire already! And don't forget your epic descriptions!"

Firstl came Omega - the small warrior jumped from his Sandbird and assumed his second form.
Spoiler! :

Now the size of the Squid he was facing, the rightfully self-proclaimed Messiah of Desctruction pointed his house-sized armcannon and fired an equally gigantic series of energy balls at the Cosmic Squid. As the direct hit occured, Andross floated next to his unlikely companion and opened his mouth, exhaling a shower of meteors towards the enemy. Then came Aparoid Pigma, who opened his mouth only to unleashed a long, unstoppable fiery breath of cosmic substances at the squid.

"Your turn, Hydra!" Tortwag ordered. "And you're going FULL BULLET HELL on this idiot!"

Not even waiting for the cloud of dust and fire to extinguish, the Hydra extended its four heads as severam magic circles appeared above them. Then, lasers, sflying sharks, fire balls and vine-like spikes appeared by thousands, impaling the remains of the squid being until nothing remained - if it did, it would've been infected a long time ago anyway.

Tortwag closed his book and put it in the small shoulder bag - that, indeed, had not be mentioned before due to creative budget cuts - and flew away into the sunset as his Quote Summons disappeared.
Including the Sandbirds. Including The Sandbird Tortwag was flying on.

"...I'm an idiot." he said to himself as he fell towards some sort of shiny green garden. He expected a great amount of pain, but to his surprise, something had cushionsed his fall as he raised up, happy to be safe. Looking down, he realized that a bunch of poetic and symbolic-looking doves were eitehr dead or unconscious - point is, they were squashed.

"...Huh. Usually I accidentally kill bugs, but I guess that works too." he commented. Gazing back up, he finally noticed @Lumi, @Audy and @Omnom staring at him. He raised a defensive finger before anything happened.

"To my defence, my recently-tagged senpais," Tortwag concluded, "I'm just a distracted puppy looking for fun, and was summoned to do something. So technically... uh... Mission accomplished? Right? ...I'm stuck with gathering Dragon Balls and doing resurrection duties, aren't I?"
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

61 Reviews

Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:56 am
View Likes
Feltrix says...

"Did..." Feltrix trembled with rage. "Did you just attempt deicide on the Cosmic Squid, may it's greatness last forever?!"
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Brief Castaway
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

40 Reviews

Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:06 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Despite the distance and the current cliff-hangered dialogue situation Tortwag was in, he managed to place both hands in front of his hands and shouted.

"I'm actually pretty sure I won, and infected the squid anyway with quotes and references! Also, I didn't summon this squid but was summoned to do something in this Tagbook! You actually can't blame me from that! Blame whoever called the Squid! And called me, too, by the way! Have a good day!"

With that said, and the laws of physics broken once again, the Shell Master glanced back at his still angered-looking senpais. "Sorry. Had to. Still a Battle-holic. So, may I negotiate for background-shaping duties in the future? And ask for the type you'd request in the future? Yes? No? Talking too much?"

Congratulations!
— Magestorrrow