745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:01 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

[tagbook 101, a prelude]
What is a Tagbook?

A tagbook is a silly storybook wherein you play your YWS self. Crazy antics happen and there isn't much plot--more like hi-jinks. You move the story along by tagging other YWSers like done below!
What if it gets to be too much to read?

Feel free to skip ahead and just read the current actions. We don't mind if there are continuity errors! The continuity police aren't going to continuity arrest you!
I've never storybooked before. Does my post have to be ___ words long?

Nope! You can write as much or as little as you'd like! The world is your oyster!

It was moderately cold--or moderately hot--depending on the hemisphere of YWS in which you lived, and Lumi and @chibibo were hot afoot with their huge bags of pranks for the unsuspecting YWSers. Why, you ask? For it was none other than a prologue for the tagbook titled

fools!

which implied that it was, in fact, April Fools' month.

What? You thought SB Crew would let you get away with just a day of pranks? Oh no no no. We're gonna ride this horse all the way til the poets go to bed.

Somewhere, a poet went to bed. The metaphor was compromised. CHEESE IT.

Chibibo and Lumi made it two blocks down before they had to rest, but then chibibo noticed that they'd reached @Sheyren's house, and recalled that he had promised to help them prank throughout the month. Or however long it took until this puppy was archived. You know, meta stuff. Lumi provided Sheyren with a can of silly string and a ham--YES a whole entire, glorious Ham--and they set about their journey to prank all of SB crew in one outstanding night-month: from @Rydia to @TheSilverFox to @Steggy and @Mage; @TheMaieuticMesmerist, @AstralHunter, @Wolfical, and even @Lumi himself if the need arose.

Their first target was the April Scrooge himself: @AstralHunter.

"Are you sure we should be targeting the Scrooge himself first?"

"More sure than anything in my whole life."

"More than the fact you're alive?"

"Gotta pinch myself every three minutes to make sure."

"More than the fact that you and cheeb are best friends?"

"Gotta pinch him every three minutes to make sure. Makes sleeping real tough."

"More than the fact that Pokemon was the superior anime to Digimon?"

Chibibo and Lumi drew water guns instantly. "Say that to our collective face and we'll feed you to the Prank Queen Rydia for a midnight snack between a layer of @marmalade and marscapone cheese." Unbelievably, this was said in unison.

"Fine, fine. We'll hit up the Scrooge first."

A glimmer of bright blue caught Lumi's eye in passing. "Or we could prank @soundofmind first..."
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:20 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@soundofmind sat peacefully outside, strumming on her ukulele, playing Moon River for the 35th time that day. She had her legs crossed and tucked up into the chair, and she stared out into the open field of grass that was her backyard. Because she was prone to be forgetful, and didn't pay much attentions to holidays anyway, the fact that it was April Fool's didn't even enter her mind.

Looking into the yard across from her, she could see @ChieRynn out in her backyard taking care of her many pets. Sound sent Chie a little wave.

"HOWDY there, partner."

"Howdy!" Chie waved back.

And because of the nature of the conversation carrying a western feel, @Wolfical naturally popped up (we know not from where) atop a horse, and tipping her cowboy hat.

"I have come with an urgent message." Wolfie declared, holding up a little scroll and reading from it. "I have come to remind you that it is April Fool's day."

Sound looked at Chie with wide eyes.

"The pranks are coming." Wolfie said. "We must prepare ourselves."

Sound looked at Wolfie, then at her ukulele, then back at Wolfie. "Does that mean I have to stop playing mah uke? Or does this mean -" Sound stood up dramatically, holding her ukulele up in the air. "That we must WAGE WAR AGAINST THE PRANKSTERS THROUGH THE POWER oF MUSIC?"
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:14 am
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

"Is that really necessary?"

@Themaieuticmesmerist jumped down from where he had just set one of the many defences for his broomcloset entrance, landing beside his ever present comrade @Persistence.

"Yes, it absolutely is," he said to his comrade as cast an illusion spell on the defences to make them look like Christmas decorations. "While some of my SB crewmates might be taking a more hands-on approach to foiling @Lumi and @chibibo, I prefe to wait out the month in my broomcloset."

The two mages walked deeper into the broomcloset, passing sleeping brooms as they made their way to the living room.

"So," Persistence said as he took a sip of his tea, "what's with all the defences? Don't you like pranks?"

"I like pranks as much as the next SB crewman," Wiz started, "but I don't like pranks directed at me. You see, once upon a..."

The closet bell echoed through the closet as someone came to the door. Immediately on high alert, Wiz and Persistence stealthily proceeded to the door, staffs at the ready. At the door, Wiz cautiously raised his head up to the keyhole, before releasing a sigh of relief.

Unlocking the seventeen different locks on the door, he opened it up to show @featherstone9086, @Sacredlege and @PrincessInk clutching their cloaks tightly against the gale force wind outside. Wiz stood aside to allow his three comrades in Roleplay into thr closet.

"Thanks," feathers said, taking off her coat and hanging it on the hooks on the wall, "Looks like a storm's brewing out there.

"Sorry, I think one of the Gen Lit folks forgot to switch off the weather machine again," Sacredlege said, almost tripping over a random gargoyle bust.

"Where are the others?" Wiz asked the three arrivals.

"@Mage and @ScarlettFire went to ensure the Character Profiles were all still safely secured in the library, @Wolfical teleported away while we hurried here, and I don't know the whereabouts of @Astralhunter or @TheSilverFox," PrincessInk read from a scroll she suddenly seemed to have in her hand.

"And the Admiral? Where is @Rydia, Queen of Pranks?!"

The three arrivals looked at one another before shaking their heads simultaneously. "Both her and @Lumi's movements are unknown."

"Oh Lord," Wiz said, conjuring a boulder to block the door, "This is going to be a loooong month."

Somewhere out in SB town @anyone spoke in a narrator's voice: "Little did the senile old mesmerist know that his exaggerated defences would ultimately lead to his demise.
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:30 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

"Okay," said @Sheyren as Lumi finished tying the knot to the piano, "so the piano falls onto @soundofmind, but...it doesn't crush her?"

"It does not crush her, or that would be murder."

"And murder is bad."

@chibibo chortled. "If video games have taught me anything, it's that--" he stopped and looked at the camera, dead-faced: "Murder is a crime and crime is reprehensible."

Lumi wiped sweat off his brow--or maybe it was rain. Gen Lit crew with their rain machines, always making jokes like Look who's makin' it rain this Saturday or Now your crew smells mostly of wet dog, haha @Rydia. I mean, they were solid jokes, but sometimes Lumi wondered if @Lauren2010 or @Iggy really knew how long it took to get rid of the smell of wet dogs on a pirate ship.

"The piano will burst into gummy bears."

"Gummy bears?"

"Gummy bears."

"But there's a trick to making it super sweet and vegan-friendly that I don't know, and I need the help of @silverhanded or @Nutty."

"I like that second one," noted @chibibo.

"Note noted," noted Lumi.

Suddenly, a happy marching of music approached underfoot. Lumi walked out onto the piano to get a better look. "They're coming!" he whispered!

"What'd he say?"

"They're here!" he pseudo-repeated.

"Oh," said chibibo, and began pulling the levers to release the piano. Lumi turned back to see this just before realizing the steadiness under his feet gave way, and, as he fell with the gummy bear piano in the rain, he shouted "BAMBOOZLED AGAIN," even though he had yet, this year, to be bamboozled.
-Shinji Moon

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:05 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

@ChieRynn slams her fist into the door again, trying desperately to get someone to hear her knock so she can get out of the darn rain.

Feathers, who was still in the entryway, goes to answer the door before @Sacredlege or @PrincessInk can.

"Rynn? Where's @AkeliaTaske? Shouldn't she be with you?"

"I don't know," Rynn shivers. "We got separated."

"Come in," Feathers steps back, turning to Ink and Sacred.

"Who do we have for the pranks?" Chie asks.

Sacred begins listing them off before Ink interrupts. "We need to get @ElizabethLovelace! Randomness and pranks are her specialties! And @Kelpies!"

Feathers nods in agreement.

"But what should we do for now?" Sacredlege asks.

"You could go in a barrel," she suggests, earning herself a dark look. "No, but seriously. You could go in a barrel and when someone comes in jump them. It'd be freaking hilarious."

"We could all go in barrels," Sacred points out.

"LET THE BARREL COLLECTING COMMENCE!" Chie cries as the party scatters to go collect barrels.

Once they've collected all necessary barrels, they hide in them to wait for someone to come. When @CharlotteS and @Mage and @RavenLord come they bide their time, waiting for the perfect moment.

"What are all these barrels doing here?" Charlotte asks.

Mage shrugs and pulls out a pencil, sketching happy anime faces on them as Raven answers.

"Presumably they are here to store things?"

"Are you sure they were here before?" Char inquires suspiciously.

As Raven begins to answer, Rynn leaps out of her barrel to tackle her. Ink jumps Mage and Feathers jumps Char. After the initial surprised yells, the trio fight off their assailants, looking quite annoyed with the entire episode.

"April fools?" Feathers tries.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:35 pm
View Likes
Sujana says...

"WAIT THERE MY FEATHERY FRIEND," Sacredlege screamed from inside his barrel, hopping out in his dark cloak, "NO MEMBER OF THE IRON PAGE SHALL SUFFER UNDER MY WATCH, APRIL THE FIRST OR OTHERWISE."

@Mage, @CharlotteS and @Ravenlord turned, blankly, to the crazy Asian guy with a cigarette for a profile pic hop out of his barrel, only to be chanting some fantasy mumbo-jumbo he was obviously not accustomed to practicing. "I CALL FOR THE SACRED POWER OF THE SACRED CONTAINMENT UNITS," he screamed, "HEAR MY SACRED PLEA AND TRANFORM ME INTO YOUR WILL."

There was a sudden burst of light and fire (and also a hint of alcohol) and as the smoke cleared, Sacredlege was gone. "Where did he go?" Mage asked, seeming concerned.

"fear me mortals" a small voice, crossed out in a meta-way, said, and they all looked to the toppled barrel below them. "i am your doom"

Feathers slapped themselves in the face.

Mage bawled in laughter.

Ink only groaned.

"oh? you do not fear my ultimate form?" Sacrebarrel screeched, "MAY YOU ALL GET DUNKED ON THEN"

Suddenly Sacrebarrel spun in his place (like a barrel really shouldn't), before launching himself onto the three visitors. He managed to stub Char's and Rynn's foot, before Mage impressively jumped over him, sending him speeding towards the door.

@ElizabethLovelace arrived, then, soaked in the rain. "Darn it, Elliot, where's @Iggy ? Is this a prank?" she screamed, "I thought Gen Lit already turned off the ra--"

And thus Sacrebarrel smashed Elizabeth out the door, closing it behind him and possibly leaving the storybook for everybody's sake.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:33 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

@chibibo looked over the ledge, then turned back to Sheyren, lifting a thumb confidently. "We got him."

After a high five, they changed their attention to who the next victim would be. Sheyren really wanted to prank @Tortwag, but Cheeb wanted to go for @TheSilverFox. They argued for a few minutes, not getting any closer to a decision.

Finally, an idea struck Shey. "Let's get them in the same spot, and knock out two birds with one stone!"

Cheeb held up a pile of round stones. "With real rocks!"

After a few moments, they had covered the floor with the round rocks, so that when you walked over them, they rolled out beneath you and you fell. Innocent enough, of course.

Well, except the back of the round stones had spikes on them, so when they rolled, the spikes pointed up, and you fell back first onto them. Even though it probably wouldn't hurt too much, it was still somewhat less innocent.

Now the only thing left to do was get Tort and Silver out here. And for that, they'd need another plan.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:44 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Lovelace stood outside the half clear, barn door of the storage facility, the rain ruining her hair and the lightning heating her temper. Sacrebarrel rolled down the steep cliff to the south of the storeroom and she shouted expletives at it, on its way down the hill.
"Elliot I swear to god if I ever catch you *?@#%$# with me again I will *?@#%$# send your soul back to hell."
"I'm a free like the wind and the rain and other natural weather occurrences will save me from your wrath."
@Sacredlege 's voice faded into the near hurricane going on outside, so Lizz picked up her belongings, straightened her gun belt, and headed inside. On her neck hung a small necklace with four pieces: dog tags, a pencil, a cross and a manatee. Without saying a word to the other guests, she hurried to the chest freezer in the corner and pulled out a mason jar of sheep blood before reaching for a can of ink on the wall.
"@Mea, grab the pencil shavings from the vault, quickly. I need to summon the gen lit goddesses here before he goes too far into the deep end."

Lovelace ripped up the throw rug from the wooden planks and started drawing the yws version of the pentagram, a pencil crossing a five pointed shield.
It's been awhile since I did this and there isn't really an incantation as far as I know.
"EXPECTO PATRONUM! I call to the gen lit goddesses, @Iggy and @Lauren2010. You may want to get over here to the dark spiral of SBs before he potentially kills or maims anyone else. If you don't get this message until Monday, please ignore this whole situation, the devil will be captured by then."

After she heard the last click of the answering machine, Lizz turned to face the new members of the new order that had been called. She started to turn to introduce herself to the few she didn't recognized but was instead interrupted by @TheMaieuticMesmerist screaming something about his newly swept floor.
"What have you done? My magical cleaning supplies worked so hard and now you've streaked the wood with blood and ink. What is wrong with you?"
He took his staff from the closet and the broom minions flanked his sides. Both @Mage, his fellow wizarding companion and @Lumi his comrade in the storybook wars, fell to his side. Lizz dropped her hand to her six gun while the other occupants of the room fell to one side or another. She wasn't surprised to see @featherstone9086 or @ChieRynn there, as they had been her allies for a long time.

Suddenly @Kelpies and @AkeliaTaske were beamed aboard the cliff house by faithful Scotty and Mr. O'Brien in the transporter room. AK looked from side to side, then back to Chie.
"Why did you call me into a randomisity geeks vs the sb geeks fight? I'm going back to the rp forums."

@Kelpies crouched on the ground next to her backpack, making sure none of the smoke bombs or poison vials were hurt during the transporter trip. Finally she stood up with a grin on her face and declared, "Good news. We will most likely not die from poisonous gasses."

Kelp went to the randomisity geeks side of the room and continued sorting through potions while the two armies stood against each other.

Lovelace stood in a battle position before relaxing her grip on the pearl handle.
"I don't particularly want to die at the hand of a magical staff or be beaten to death by magical brooms, so I suggest we all figure out what the heck is going on before my boss gets here or your boss. And then we all end up sleeping with the fishes in cement battle boots."

At that moment, the walls started shaking and there was a crack of lightning in the sky as the two yws titan queens floated down in Pegasus led chariots. @Rydia and @Snoink came prepared to end a fight between factions, bringing a notary and a lawyer along to sign the peace treaty.

As they walked up to the door, there was a number of gasps and whispers of "Oh crap."

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:55 pm
View Likes
Sujana says...

Sacredlege was enjoying his stroll through the countryside as an immortal barrel, when he came across his Iron Page boss, @Sheyren , who seemed preoccupied with his Queer Inks boss @Lumi , doing something that seemed like barrels of fun .

"GENTLEMAN" he screamed in all caps, "WHAT BRINGS YOU TO THIS CORNER OF THE COUNTRY?"

@Lumi turned around, glaring at Sacrebarrel. "What is this nonsense?" he turned to @Sheyren (as it seems sheyren knows all the answers to all nonsense).

@Sheyren shrugged. "Hey, Sacred," he said, patting Sacrebarrel at the top of his...thing. Is that called a lid? A head? Anyway, Sacrebarrel was pleased, for petting was the most affectionate of all forms of platonic bodily contact. "I see you fused with the barrels again."

"i have, yes," the Sacrebarrel spoke. "And what do we have with you two?"

Thus, Sacrebarrel's two bosses explained the situation, prompting Sacrebarrel to ask: "WOULD YOU CARE IF I JOINED IN ON THESE SHENANIGANS?"

For Sacrebarrel, unlike Sacredlege, was a being of chaos, and cared not if everybody would die this April Fools.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:01 pm
View Likes
Virgil says...

Nikayla walks into the room, all cool. She picks up a marshmallow and throws it at @ElizabethLovelace but she deflects it. Nikayla left aware that Eliza is most definitely a black belt in karate and marshmallows. Nikayla turns around, trying to rethink her plan, but is hit in the head! By what? A marshmallow!

Outrageous. Nikayla sits down to watch the new Stargate run by @Meshugenah because it is supes cool tho her fam doesn't like it that much. She picks up a couch cushion and throws it against the wall after an episode, almost hitting a gummy bear that once belonged to @Lumi. "Yo fam can you pick that up????" Nikayla asks Lumi, pokin' him in the tumtum.

"Yeah bro." he sets his cane down and picks up the gummy bear and then drops it inside his ukulele, saying, "I hear it makes the uke sound better when there is a tiny bear screaming inside of it, ya know?"

And Nikayla's all like, "I know fam."

Lumi nods and sits on the couch cushion, going into a deep sleep because naptime is always lit.

"NAPTIME. IS. ALWAYS. LIT." Nikayla shouts, and everyone in the room nods because Nikayla is always right.

Since Nikayla is done like, watching her show n' stuff, now it's time for her to go sell her mixtape. "Hey @Gringoamericano, @Willard, @CowLogic, do you want to buy my mixtape?"

Gringoamericano starts singing, "WHEN YOU WERE YOUNGER YOU WERE THE KING OF CARROT FLOWERS!!!!!" but is cut off.

"Um, it's a little on fire." @CowLogic says, giving the most logic a cow could GIVE.

"NOBODY ASKED YOU." Nikayla shouts. "Oh wait. I did. Ok, it is on fire."

Nikayla's amie-go comes in the room, @amelie, and buys 47 copies of her mixtape because Amie is her biggest fan. After that, Amie goes off and puts a label on it, claiming it to be her own because she's a BIG COPYCAT.

"WHAT IN SaLuTAtION?" she screams.

"I don't know fam."

And the joke is on the reader of this legendary scroll because you just read the thoughts of Nikayla that go on when you ask her if she wants to make a tagbook post. And then you realize that this is breaking the fourth wall and when the fourth wall is broken then it breaks the other walls too and you reconsider why you built your house this way.

Eliza, Nikayla's roommate, throws a chicken nugget onto the ceiling for it to forever reign. For the marshmallow, was actually a chicken nugget!

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:11 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Lumi's gummy bear piano fall had clearly split him into two dimensional beings, for one had joined @Sacredlege--he means Sacredbarrel--in the safehouse, while another was jamming with @Nikayla, @Gringoamericano, @CowLogic, @amelie, and the previously unmentioned @Willard and @ElizabethLovelace. It was a party everywhere!

In the Sacred world, Lumi pulled out a can of silly string and shot it at Sacredlege's shirt, making art in the shape of a necktie. It was highly fashionable.

In the Nikayla world, he became hungry, so he began shaking his ukulele to remove the gummy bear. He missed @chibibo. He wondered if @Steggy wanted to chill in the SB. He wanted to prank Steggy.

He realized he was getting way off-track of his quest.

Back in the Sacred world, he nodded in agreement and took a bazooka of silly string and launched it into the ceiling of the room, coating the entirety of the place in silly pink. He even thought some hit @TheMaieuticMesmerist and @Persistence in the closet.

In the Nikayla world, he said "Yo, Kays, let's go to Taco Bell (not a sponsor) and get some crunchwrap supremes. That'd make a cool post. We can prank some peeps there, holmes."
-Shinji Moon

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:21 pm
View Likes
Virgil says...

Nikayla says to @Lumi, "Fam I'd love to go to Taco Bell but like half of their tacos are lettuce and I don't like that fam. Like sometimes I just want it to be complete but sometimes it just doesn't fill like it ya' know. How many of those you gotta eat to feel like your tum is good? Whole box, prolly fam."

Lumi solemnly nods, for he knows this problem well.

"Only the pranks that we will accomplish at Taco Bell can fully feed me." Lumi says.

"Same." Nikayla says.

So they go to Taco Bell and Nikayla steals all of their sauce packets as she usually does, taking them home for her OWN usage for the next couple of weeks but they don't last long because they're so darn good. SO DARN GOOD, Nikayla thinks.

And then Lumi smashes a window open with his bare fist, waking @Snoink next door who is still in her jammies. But Lumi is not hurt because the window was ALREADY OPEN and for he is protected by the wind. Lumi pets a nearby pup because they are adorbs and then Nikayla plans to secretly steal it tho it's ACTUALLY AN UNDERCOVER PUP THAT IS THE DOG WITH THE GLASSES.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

766 Reviews

Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:30 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

While @Lumi and @Nikayla were messing around in the Taco Bell parking lot, Lovelace sat on the hood of her 65 red mustang eating a chicken burrito and guarding several crates of hot sauce packets. She watches Yam stagger around the blacktop, half screaming and half high from the many sauce packets chugged down a moment ago.
This is not going to end well at all and it looks like I'll have to be the responsible one.
She took a whistle, an air horn and a string of firecrackers out of the trunk, setting everything off at once to get her companions' attentions. They looked at her and saw the disappointment face return and slowly trudged back to the car. She slid off the hood to give them an even more evil and piercing glare.

"Now y'all dragged me out of the gang war of the century to come down here and steal hot sauce packets from Taco Bell. On top of all of that, you didn't even do it right."
"wat fam?"
"Chill yam."
She dragged the large boxes and crates of hot sauce packets out from behind the car to present the correct way to go about smuggling out large amounts of hot sauce.
"The trick is you never go inside to the security cameras and take from the general supply instead."
Lum butted in with an unusual concern for getting arrested.
"Isn't that illegal?"
"Not when you pay for it at a heavily discounted price by paying off the company. This is 100% genuine and legal but still smuggled Taco Bell sauce. And the smuggling part comes in when we try and get this home past the checkpoints. To Media Review tower we go."

They loaded the boxes in the car and yam slid into the back to start searching for Lizz's usual bag of snacks.
"Now we don't have too much time before customs officials like @Megrim or @Kyllorac catch onto our plan and get hot on our trail."
With that she kicked the car into gear and sped away onto the back roads of yws like an old time rum runner or white lightning racer.

"And yam, there's two rules to my car. 1. Don't use too much slang. and 2. Don't spill crumbs onto the floor mats, I see you back there eating the tortilla chips."

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:18 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Sacre(d)bleu

A few glances at the clock and calendar led Silver to believe that he would not be sleeping during this special night. Or night-month, as it were.

As one of the moderators, he was absolutely sure that @Lumi was out to prank him. Likely with associates. @Sheyren, who had advocated for the implementing of pranks before April Fools day, was a candidate, if only because they had potentially come up with countless ideas before this day. @chibibo was also far too close to Lumi to not be held to suspicion. He'd have to keep an eye out for the both of them.

Nevertheless, there was nothing to do aboard the SB fleet, as the ships had already anchored for the night. Most everyone had left to the various homes or objectives, with @Rydia shooting away in her chariot of Pegasi (Pegasus? Pegasuses?) to solve some kind of legal dispute. The smoke and flames had taken forever to get rid of. A sparse few lights flickered as he lowered a small dingy into the water and paddled towards shore, having abandoned his previous suits (now thoroughly water-soaked from his last adventure) for a T-shirt and jeans. He was hoping that he would be able to avoid the inevitable prank-storm threatening to wreak havoc upon YWS. Unfortunately, by writing this post, he had managed to both seal his own doom and break the fourth wall. At least, whatever was left of the fourth wall.

It was about as quiet as one could expect in a YWS night. The distant cooing of pigeons suggested @Poopsie was flying around and being his pigeon-y self somewhere. As Silver stepped onto the shore and tried to march his away across the white sand, he spotted fireworks somewhere in the distance, lighting up the sky in greens and pinks and sarcasm, accompanied a couple of minutes later by the sound of a fast car. Police sirens rang out in the distance as somebody shouted, "I TOLD YOU NOT TO EAT THE TORTILLA CHIPS, DAMNIT." The car chase took place beyond his vision, eventually outpacing his hearing, as he took his shoes and socks off, shook the water and sand from them, and walked barefoot across the cold sand towards the rolling (why are they always rolling? Why can't they float, or bump, or screech?) hills beyond.

He was hoping that he would not be the first target of any pranks. The lucky victim, he surmised, would be @AstralHunter. The April Fool's Scrooge despised pranks and shenanigans. Doubtlessly, he was peering at his crystal ball from that alternate dimension he called a home, surrounded by his loyal minions as he sneered and mocked the random plot holes and shenanigans (shenannygans?) taking place. Hunter was likely rolling his eyes at that pun just now, awaiting what misery or surprise would inevitably inflict Silver in the next few hundred words or so, if the latter could ever get past his own tedious descriptions.

Beyond Silver, however, there was still @Steggy, who was apparently trying to present someone in the distance with Carl. "See, he loves you! Or he wants to eat your face, either way." "THOSE ARE 6 EYES TOO MANY, I'M OUT OF HERE." Nah, Steggy would be the one creating pranks, intentionally or otherwise. Nobody would approach her as long as she had Carl, so she was safe. @TheMaieuticMesmerist (with an impossible-to-spell name) was probably in his broom closet, protecting himself with magical spells, brooms, minions, and a hilarious lack of foresight as to how his defenses would doom him. His own allies might start a fight over something petty, like chicken nuggets or pencils, and cause his place to collapse. He'd be more likely to prank himself by accident.

And then there was @Mage and @Wolfical, neither of which he had heard much of lately. Wolfical was a genius at mysteries and could easily act against any pranksters by revealing their tricks, while Mage was also a detective with a fantastic sense of humor, so that pranks wouldn't be effective against her. She'd see them coming, laugh them off, and charm the pranksters into turning good with her joy. They could unite as some force against good and conspire against Lumi in what would be a brilliant plotline that Silver was too lazy for write for at that moment.

Now he was getting nervous, as that only left him and Hunter as targets. Thankfully, under those circumstances, he might be second. Unfortunately, as his tepid descriptions faded and wore down by their having simply been overdone, he found himself stumbling over a particularly tall hill and rolling across the wet grass (he had forgotten it was raining) towards some kind of swirling, green portal atop a piano stuffed with gummi bears. Suspicion, in those moments when he was momentarily suspended in the air and ignoring the disconcertingly erratic motions of the portal, automatically fell upon the mastermind Lumi. However, the sheer randomness and inconvenience of this strange setting meant that it was just as likely a prank gone bad, with the whereabouts of Lumi/whatever was left of him unknown. And, now that he was rolling towards the portal, Silver decided it was best to not suffer the same problem.

He screamed and tried to stop himself, and was fortunate enough to land in a mud puddle that stopped him feet away from the portal. With yet another suit ruined, and him smelling terrible again, he grumbled as he stood up and tried to wipe the mud off of, well, everywhere. The rain produced (curse the Gen Lit mods and their inability to properly use their own weather machines) only made his situation worse, soaking him and swamping his feet in the muck. He was lucky that he had not actually taken his socks and shoes back on, but they now stood atop the hill, taunting him from their vantage point. Silver was tempted to throw his shoes at them, but remembered that they were his shoes, and had been smart enough to bail when he had tripped. Unlike him.

However, at that moment, the portal began to hum. He turned around in turn to dodge a flurry of cream pies shooting towards his face, blasting the hillside in cream, pie crust, and metal casings. Yelping in surprise, he fled in terror as voices emanated from beyond the portal. "I AM QUITE HAPPY WITH THESE SHENANIGANS," shouted @Sacredlege's ultimate form, Sacrebarrel, was more pies flew out from the portal. "THE SPACE DISTORTIONS OF THIS PORTAL MULTIPLY ANY OBJECT THAT COMES THROUGH IT. I AM OWED $10 FOR THIS COMPLEMENTARY EXPOSITION."

"And that's another target!" said Lumi!2 as Silver grabbed his shoes in mid-sprint and ran as far away as he could on muddy feet. "I'd follow him, but I'm not sure what would happen to Lumi!1 if I did that. Or maybe I'd create Lumi!3 and Lumi!4?"

"DO TRY, I AWAIT THE RESULTS WITH JOY," remarked Sacrebarrel, who was probably spinning in excitement.

"Nah, he's not fun enough," said Sheyren. "Let's go after Hunter!"

Silver poked his head over the top of the hill. "Please, go right ahead," he called back in vehemence. "But know that you've won nothing! All you've done is surprise me! Your "prank," as you refer to it, was hardly effective. The machinations of my revenge will be cold, swift, and absolutely ridiculous!" He was subsequently hit in the face with a cream pie and fled, losing his ability to laugh evilly in the process by the momentary loss of his own dignity.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

766 Reviews

Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:40 am
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Lovelace continued speeding down the mountain road with the forum fuzz hot on their tail, ats eating tortilla chips and getting the crumbs everywhere, and @Lumi occasionally shouting when she took a sharp hair pin turn. She slipped a small, dented purple MP3 player out of her pocket and hooked it into a small speaker on the dash, the entire time diving with her knees.

with the big iron on his hip played out of the speakers as they climbed up and down the slopes of media review mountain. Lizz could hear the sirens growing closer and even the shouts of resources police captain @Rosendorn through the squad car's radio.

"Lizz."
"Yes?"
"You had a typo a couple of lines back. I think diving was meant to be driving."
She scrolled back up through the text while trying to think of a witty response.
"You try driving a fifty year old car on a nearly twenty year old road while narrating a 12 hour old storybook and yelling at yam for eating tortilla chips.

@Nikayla looked up from her bag of chips long enough to say "But they were so good." before going back to the hunt through the snack bag.

"Hold on folks, we've got trouble."
@Kelpies jumped out of the back seat and questioned, "Good trouble or bad trouble?"
"I think it's good trouble. There's a red gt heading round the corner and it looks like it's being driven by @Casanova."
"Is he even licensed to drive on YWS?"
@TheSilverFox then also jumped out of the back seat and Lovelace started to question the time lord properties of her coupe.

"Alright. It's just a couple more miles till we are over the media review border and scott free of the entire incident. Just one more goddamn mile."

A barrel and tumble weed went rolling by the car and @ChieRynn shouted out, "Hey isn't that @Sacredlege, the Sacrebarrel." Following the barrel and tumble weed down the hill was 39 or so lumi clones.

As they crossed over the forum state line, Lizz shouted out,
"Lum what did you do? We talked about your use of the genetic manipulation machine and replicator."

XD YES !!!! EMBRACE THE POWER OF CAPS LOCK + EXCLAMATION!!!! no SHAME IN BEING EASILY EXCITABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
— Euphory