z

Young Writers Society

Dynamic Universes

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:17 pm
PrincessInk says...

DYNAMIC UNIVERSES

[This is my first SB, so here goes! This is science fantasy, but it also has elements of adventure in it]

There is unrest in the universe. Planets, comets, stars, and even black holes are appearing and disappearing in space. Recently, two planets, Saturn and Uranus, and their moons have disappeared with their human inhabitants, replaced by two ice-core desolate planets.

What is going on?

It is YOU and your fellow crew members who have volunteered to get to the bottom of this. On January 1st, 2991, you (and your comrades) applied for a position as a crew member in the high-tech spaceship Dynamic.

Because you were accepted as a crew member, the astrophysicists have arrived to explain their theories of what might have caused this unrest. They call it the “Dynamic Hypothesis”, which states that there are multiple universes merging together and splitting apart.

Your task:

Understand why this is happening and try to prevent this phenomenon from happening again. The astrophysicists are saying that it is possible that there is some mastermind behind all these dynamics. It is up to the Dynamic crew to figure out either who, or what is causing this.

A mighty endeavor, indeed, but perhaps possible. However, there is a time constraint: the astrophysicists and mathematicians have estimated the time that the solar system will completely vanish, thus splitting apart the planet colonies from each other, in 3000. The next planet that could disappear could be anytime in February.

Speed is everything. The Dynamic crew is the only hope to save this world.

When this SB begins:

You have boarded a commuter spaceship (or some other kind of transportation) and arrived in Mars, the headquarters for the astrophysicists. If you are an astrophysicist, there is no need to commute to Mars.

Technology:

1. Space travel is very advanced. Spaceships can travel faster than the speed of light (relativity can be defied here because this is science fantasy) It can be nice though if someone suggests how.
2. Food can be transmitted via radio waves
3. Most incurable diseases are now harmless.
4. Homes can be built on gas planets (like Jupiter)

Government:

The government is no longer the ones we have right now. Instead, there is a democracy spanning the whole solar system, broken up into “planet states”. This government depends a lot on technology and scientists hold a lot of power. The government is running smoothly and so far it will probably not play an important role in this SB (unless somebody wants it to).

Geography:

(After Saturn and Uranus' disappearance) The solar system is now consisting of six planets and one dwarf planet. People have set up colonies and trading posts there, so when the Dynamic stops by expect the crew to hang out in the planet and talk to some officials there.

Characters:

~Physician~ 1 open spot
~Astrophysicist(s) ~Three open spots
~Chemist~1 open spot
~Solar System Diplomat~ claimed by @PrincessInk( he he—I get first choice ;))
~Others(university students, high school graduates, astronauts)~No limit on number of spots--at least for now

SB Rules of 7:

1. Romance and swearing must be kept PG.
2. No gore.
3. No god-moding (in this case, no supreme physical and/or mental abilities)
4. Don’t introduce an important plot twist or event before discussing it with the others. Likewise, don't kill anyone's character without discussing it.
5. Post at least once every two weeks please. If you want to quit or you are unable to, please PM me.
6. Don’t worry too much about scientific facts.
7. Have fun!

Character Templates:

For specialties:

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
Name:
Age(please between 18 and 30):
Profession:
Home planet:
Area of research (optional):
Physical capabilities (up to 3):
Mental capabilities(1 to 3):
Personality:
Fame, what people think:
Political Office (or other honorable titles):
Appearance:
Others:
History:

For the others:

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
Name:
Profession(can be student):
Age(please between 18 and 30):
Home Planet:
Personality:
Physical capabilities (1 to 3):
Mental capabilities(up to 3):
Appearance:
Others:
History:

Notes:

Before making a character profile, please reserve one in the discussion thread.
Feel free to PM me if you want your RPC to cause these "dynamics".
Also, if you have any other general questions, please PM me or post in the discussion thread and I will try to answer them as best as I can.

I will be updating this post when needed.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon."
— Paul Brandt