Young Writers Society

The Church of Incarnate

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:49 pm
sheysse says...

phpBB [media]

The Church of Incarnate

Three weeks ago, a teenager calling himself Father Benedict appeared before several teenagers. He asked them to join the Church of Incarnate, because they were reincarnations of the Archangels.

They thought he was crazy.

However, he spoke the truth. He told them he himself was the incarnate of Angel Gabriel and that he was sent as a messenger of God to tell them of this. Eventually, after much persuading, they believed him, and for their own reasons, they joined the Church of Incarnate.

They then learned that the church was at war with the Faction of the Fallen, a group of teenagers who were reincarnations of Fallen Angels. Both sides have been fighting with their respective powers, light and dark, but the Church of Incarnate's few angel reincarnates were no match for the Faction of the Fallen, and that they needed the immense power of the Archangels. They also were informed that there were more than just the traditional four Archangels, that the Archangels from many non-canonical books and forms of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam existed.

Rules and Info

Your character can be the incarnate of any Archangel ever mentioned (Use the wiki to see them all) except Gabriel and Remiel. They can control light to form a weapon appropriate for the Archangel they are reincarnations of. They will be teenagers, and part of the Church of Incarnate.

Genders of incarnates don't need to align with the Archangel's gender.

Your character can swear, but will be reprimanded by Father Benedict.

Yes, Father Benedict is a teenager too. All reincarnates are.

Sex is only allowed if you fade to black, but should really be avoided.

No killing any characters without permission.

Character templates, more lore, and info will be uploaded in the future, so keep your eyes out.

Have fun!

176 Reviews

Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:48 am
View Likes
sheysse says...

Character Templates

Code: Select all
Name:
Archangel Incarnate:
Form of Combat:
Personality:
Appearance:
Up For Romance:
Reason for Joining The Church of Incarnate:
History:

176 Reviews

Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:27 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

“Lucifer, He is not happy with you!” Father Benedict shouted, but his voice was almost completely drowned out by the rain pouring around them. He held up his sword, glowing a golden light, and it illuminated the church roof they stood on.

Lucifer stood perched on the cross with jutted out of the roof. He laughed, a hollow, cold laugh. “When has He actually been happy with me?! I call to be surprised that He’s angry with me again.”

Benedict clenched his teeth angrily. “You've taken over a human boy and are using his body to do your dirty work. I’m not surprised either.”

“Have you not done the same?

That's different! The Archangels bestowed their power upon humans, but the humans still have free will!” He shouted above the rain.

“If you want to think what you did was any less evil than what I did, who am I to tell otherwise?” He looked down at the slash wound digging into his stomach. “However, I shall now take my leave. You may claimed victory this time, but my Archangels have something your incarnates will never have, making them infinitely stronger. Total control. No human emotions affecting them.” He spread wings of purple light and hopped off the building, flying into the distance.

Father Benedict stood before the few Archangels' incarnates he could round up. Most thought he was crazy and refused to listen. He was able to round up eight of them. It wasn’t a great number, but Lucifer likely had about the same on his side. Both of them had thirty or so regular angel incarnates, and then right or so archangel incarnates, so they were evenly matched in combat.

“Training begins today. Look around you. These are your comrades. So you get to know each other better, you'll be training with a partner. Find someone to pair up with up with and see me in twenty minutes.”

He turned and began walking down the hall of the massive underground church, leaving the new recruits to decide among themselves who they'd train with.

176 Reviews

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:17 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

Kuraie La'Seva

“How far down does this go?” Kuraie asked, glancing inquiringly at Cody. The lights of the elevator they stood illuminated his face, and it was the first time Kur had seen him close up. In fact, it was, save the awkward decision of becoming training partners, the first time they had talked to each other.

Cody shrugged. “I dunno, probably pretty far. That Benny guy said below the church was a huge underground training complex.”

“I thought he said not to call him Benny...” Kur mumbled, mostly to himself.

The elevator stopped abruptly, and the doors slid open. There was a space between the elevator and the doorway, and Kur got a heart stopping glance below. The shaft appeared to go down infinitely, only supporting Father Benedict's claims that it was a truly massive base of operations. However, that notion was whisked away when Kur and Cody stepped out into a cramped hallway. Leading in only one direction, they were forced to go straight.

After a few minutes of walking, they arrived at a dome-shaped atrium. In the center stood Father Benedict. He watched as they approached. “Hello. This is where you two will be training, in this dome.”

“Where's the others?” Kur asked, looking around. He hadn't seen them since they were broken up by pairs.

“They'll be training in different places around the church. You won't see them until dinner, and then you'll all go off to fight together.”

Cody tilted his head in question. “And you expect all of us to be able to fight back to back having barely seen each other?”

“Yep.”

“Fair enough. So, how're we training? Balancing on wooden poles? Channeling chakra? Please tell me we'll be at least be doing that,” Cody said, eyes sparkling at the prospect.

“You'll be fighting each other. First one to kneel loses. I'll be leaving now. Bye,” and without another word, he spun around and headed down one of the other halls protruding from the atrium.

Cody immediately created a giant shield out of light and held it in front of him. So you're getting right down to business. I can do that. Kur thought, forming his scroll of yellow light. He commanded the end of the paper to shoot towards Cody, who threw his shield up, as was expected. Because it was expected, Kur expected it, and thus made the scroll shoot upward at a 90 degree angle, point downward, and stab him in the back. He made sure it would draw blood without doing too much damage. Cody lurched forward, pulling the scroll out of his back, and slashed at it with his shield. It flinched away, and Cody had a clear opening to hit Kur with the shield.

But Kur was too fast. He hopped backwards, beckoning for the scroll to do the same. It sliced through the air towards him, heading straight for him. Cody saw it coming and realized he'd be in the way if he kept running, so he stopped and spun around, lifting the shield to block any sudden impacts. This left his back an easy target, and Kur was able to kick him clean in the spine.

Cody dropped to the ground just before the kick hit him and rolled out of the way of both kick and scroll. Kur turned and just barely had enough time to dodge the shield flying directly towards him. He tried to command the scroll to catch the weapon, but the initial force of the shield caused it to cut straight through the scroll. The severed end of the scroll disappeared in a puff of yellow smoke, but regrew shortly after.

Meanwhile, Cody was charging straight towards Kur, shield extended.

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:26 am
View Likes
Sujana says...

Reza

"What are you doing here?"

The elevator doors opened, and Reza was standing there, seemingly waiting for Benny to arrive. He would've said that he knew where Benny was, but really, he was making an educated guess--though he was glad he was right. It would've been awkward, if Reza had to visit several floors before he got to perform his dramatic reveal to Benny. "Waiting for you," he said, closing his upside down copy of The Art of War (he'd already finished the book, he just liked screwing with the 'Father' and making himself seem dumb).

"You oughtn't," Benny replied, walking inside. He punched a button on the elevator, not bothering to face the other boy. "Where's your sparring partner? You should be training."

"I'm the first one to fight in your war, pops," Reza replied, "You should be a little more confident in my abilities."

Benny glanced at him. "You have no partner, do you?"

Reza shrugged, a perpetual smirk on his face. "I never bothered looking for one."

Benny sighed. The elevator shook slightly, and Reza imagined the cord holding them up snapping, sending the both of them to hell. He couldn't see into the future, but he knew he wouldn't die via elevator malfunction--which means if it were to fall, he'd be there, most likely with a broken limb or two. Alive. Begging for a death he'll never get.

"I'd ask why you won't fight with any of our members, if I didn't already know the answer," Benny said.

Reza stashed his book into his satchel. "Was that an insult or a compliment?" he chuckled.

"Depends," Benny crossed his arms. "What you have is deadly, but it's the only thing in your attack arsenal. I can't afford having you harm one of us with it, but at the same time if I take it away from you, you're utterly useless."

"I'll take that as a compliment," Reza retorted.

Benny sighed. "You need to learn something other than how to drive people mad."

"But I'm so good at it," Reza argued, "I'm doing it to you now!"

The 'Father' looked at him, scowling. He seemed like he was ready to scold Reza, before shaking his head, looking away. The elevator stopped. "You know, Reza," he said, "I'm most afraid of you than anybody else on this team."

Reza arched a brow, though he already knew this from the get-go. Still, he asked: "And why is that?"

Benny stepped out of the elevator. They had entered a large library, filled with dusty tomes and leather-bound books. "I don't know what side you're on," Benny continued, "I don't know what side you or Adilah are on."

The other boy laughed. "You don't need to be afraid of me, dad," he said, affably, "Adilah, I can understand. I'd be a little wary of her, if I were you. But me? I'm only the messenger boy. I don't mean any harm, and I couldn't harm anyone, not alone."

Benny stared at Reza. He had that look in his eye that reminded Reza of his ex-girlfriends, that look of 'you-know-what-I-mean' when it's clear Reza doesn't. "So much knowledge in such a capricious form," Benny finally said. "The reaction human emotions must have to such power--"

Reza laughed. He shook his head, heading towards a bookshelf. "Paranoid as always, I see," he said, "Though I suppose that's what helped you after all these years."

The other boy seemed to ignore the comment, whether he knew it was useless debating about Reza's meanings. "Fine then," Benny said. Reza paused, already sensing the coming attack. "Let's see how justified I am in my fears."

Reza knelt down, hearing the sound of a cross slashing above his head. He rolled away from the 'Father', shooting back up. "Heh," Reza breathed out, "Nice try, padre," he said, "But I'm not dying here or now."

"You can't keep dodging forever," Benny said.

We'll see. Reza grinned, preparing to duck.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

It's been many years since I had such an exemplary vegetable.
— Mr Collins, Pride and Prejudice