Family Matters

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:47 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Spoiler! :
Happy Birthday, @Lumi ;)

This is a story of two families, and a few other people who wander through their lives. Based heavily on characterisation and character interaction, it's a plot completely new, undecided on until we, the writers, claim our roles and get the ideas rolling.

~The Story So Far~

Ever since the Frey couple met, thanks to their mutual friends the Collins', the two families shared much more than the street they lived in. They invited each other to every birthday and anniversary, their children played together and everyone knew of how strong their bonds were.

Until everything changed.

Three years ago, the Collins' thirteen-year old daughter was found dead by her little sister, bled out on her bed from multiple stab wounds. The investigation followed the trail of smudged fingerprints and suspicious activities in the house across the street, to the eldest of the Frey children, the then fifteen-year old music prodigy whom they arrested at the night of his concert. Although he never confessed, and the family lawyer did all in their power to get the charges dropped, he was found guilty and sent to jouvenile prison, where he was to stay until his eighteenth birthday.

And now, three years later, he is coming back home.

~The Characters~
Note that the things written here are not changeable, but you have full freedom of shaping your characters' personalities and histories to your own liking.

~The Collins Family consists of now five members. The parents, a gay couple (of whichever gender and age) share last name and custody over three children. The eldest is just turning 25, while the youngest is just turning 13 - the same age her sister was in when she found her that morning. The middle child is 17.

All of the family members are playable characters.

~The Frey Family consists of six members. The parents - mother and father - are living separately, although still in the same neighbourhood, having gotten divorced shortly after their son ended up behind bars. The mother lives in their old house, with their youngest - an eight-year old - and middle child - who turned 15 a couple of months earlier. The father, a few streets away, shares home with their oldest son's twin (of any gender), who just turned 18 the very day their brother got released.

Again, all the characters are playable.

~The Others
Along with the families, there are some characters that would be nice additions. Not all of these need to be claimed, though, and some can be mixed into one person. Let me note here, I'd really like someone to claim someone from this list too. If we don't end up having all the family members, that's fine, too.

~The grandparent(s) of either family - more than one person can claim these, obviously, since there can be up to eight of them
~A school friend or two - preferably, this friend (or friends) would be hanging out with the members of both families, acting like sort of a bridge and reason why neither of the families has moved away yet regardless of everything that happened
~A therapist - whether they be here for the youngest daughter of the Collins family, for the oldest Frey son or any of the other characters, one is certainly needed
~A neighbour or two - someone who would know the families and the story, or someone who just moved to their street/neighbourhood

Feel free to suggest other character ideas in the DT, and don't be afraid to make all kinds of connections between the characters!
I'm rating this SB 16+. This doesn't mean that you can't join unless you're older, but do keep in mind that some topics might get less than child-friendly.
For any questions, reservations and so on, post in the DT or PM me c:

~Claimed Characters:
Spoiler! :
The Collins Family:
Parent I - reserved for @Lumi
Parent II - reserved for @Omnom
Eldest child -
Middle child -
Youngest child -

The Frey Family:
Parent I -
Parent II -
Eldest son - @ChildOfNowhere (me c: )
Eldest son's Twin - @Rememberance
Middle child -
Youngest child -

Others:
Grandparents -
Friend(s) -
Therapist -
Neighbour(s) - @Steggy (house next to Collins')

~Character Template
(feel free to add to it on your own, these are just guidelines)
Code: Select all
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b] (Include strengths, weaknesses, fears, dreams, hobbies, feelings towards other characters and so on, please)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Do add a picture up in the profile, but feel free to also mention additional stuff here.)
[b]History:[/b] (Keep in mind that family members will be sharing some, often significant, pieces of history. No need to go into too many details, though.)
[b]Other:[/b]
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Time is not your best friend - unless you use it wisely.
— Marco Pierre White