z

Young Writers Society

Gossip Girl

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:54 pm
Nike says...

Emma Bobek

"I'm sorry about ditching you last night." I said into the phone, feeling my heart race.

"Why did you ditch me anyway? We were going together." Claire mumbled on the other end.
How do I tell my best friend that I left her for a boy. And not just any boy...Sawyer. She knew that we were seeing each other? Were we? We never established this. But I knew that my heart was set on more than just sleeping around and I didn't know if that would wreck me in the end. What if he's only interested in having sex? We haven't gone out on a proper date... mostly because of how hectic life has been.

"My stomach was hurting," I spit out, "Bad,"

"Huh," She huffed. "Are you feeling better?" I don't know if she took my bait or is teasing me. Claire likes to feed out lies.

"Not really..." That wasn't a lie, my stomach was turning from all the God dammed lies I'm busting out here.

"Well, go rest up then, I got stuff to take care of today anyway. Text me?" She seemed oddly distracted.

"Uh, yeah, sure." I replied, hearing the click on her end without a 'Goodbye'.

Either she caught my lie and is pissed... or she's actually busy with God knows what. I slipped my phone into my jogger pocket and sat back down on the bed. I felt my heart race as I thought maybe I was annoying to her? Maybe she needed space from me? Or maybe she just knew I was lying and was pulling away from me... knowing that all I am is a liar and she shouldn't continue being my friend.

Oh.
Wait.

That's just my anxiety. Great. Or, is it? Jeez.

I got up from my bed and took a deep breath, sure that if I didn't my mind would, well, have a mind of it's own. It would allow me to overthink this to the max. And now, I had to get to Dylan's. She invited me over earlier today, but little did I know how badly I'd actually need to see her.

Dylan was pacing the room, an eyebrow raised on her confused face. My stomach was doing all types of flips before she spoke up again.

"Why couldn't you just tell her you were with Sawyer?" She asked. "It's not like it's some big secret anyway Emm."

Rolling my eyes, suddenly all the anxiety faded away. "Dylan, it's not that it's a secret, it's that I ditched her for him... and she never really liked him in the first place."

"You're putting too much on this Emma, seriously. She's over him and just wants you to be happy. I'm sure she feels defensive, just like me, about the fact that you guys aren't even dating... it's like he's using you. And that's why she doesn't like him."

"I'm scared of that too." I admitted, feeling my throat dry up. "...and I think that's what he's doing."
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

"There is nothing to fear from someone who shouts."
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart