Young Writers Society

Hogwarts Students and The Years We Lived with Harry Potter

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:22 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Black

It was the next day and all I could think of was how Harry had almost fallen to his death, but Dumbledore saved him. Luke was safe as well, I saw him fly back down, but his skin was a pale as snow as if the Dementors got to him. I didn't see much from where I was cause of my tears, then again, I didn't want to see much at that point. It was horrific.

Lena was in the Hospital Wing today, I believe that something had to have happened to her. There were whispers of her screaming yesterday as if someone was dying in front of her eyes.

"Clara, ready for class?" Hermione asked me.

We were in the common room, sitting by the windows. I watched as the trees around us had their branches flail with the wind. Most of the other students left the room, already on their way to class. We already had breakfast but I decided to skip it.

"We never talk about Sirius Black." I whispered, facing her in my chair.

Her jaw dropped, but she picked it right up a second later and got her confidence back. "Do you honestly want to talk about a man who caused a murder and escaped Azkaban?" Her voice was a pitch quieter than usual.

"'Mione... I'm a Black..." I huffed, not meeting her eyes. "What if... what if I am evil as well?" My heart raced as I kept sitting there, unable to look at her.

The tension in the room thickened and she walked over to me, bending down to my level. I looked up and met her eyes, her kind eyes that always welcomed you in.

"You're not evil, Clara, far from it." She gave me a small smile. "and Harry will be just fine, as well as Luke. I'm sure of it."

"Of course they will be fine!" I smiled. "When has Harry not survived something deadly." I let out a small giggle.

She stood up and took my hand, pulling me up with her. "Exactly, now, Charms."

I knew Luke would be on the Qudditch field. I've known him for many years, and every time he needed to think, or even be alone, he went to the place that made him feel safe. And this was a scary thing that happened, and it happened at the place he cherished most. But he would still go there, I know it.

I had to see him, even if he would tell me he needed his space. Hermione was in the hospital wing, looking over Harry. It was safe to say, no one would be stopping me.

But once I reached the field on this oddly warm day, I saw him with Lena. They were talking and it looked heartfelt. I wasn't one to get jealous... but I wasn't feeling to safe about this. Luke and I haven't even spoken about what we were, what was going to happen, or even what happened. Every time we were alone, we'd be kissing and that's it. So that gives me no right to be jealous since we weren't even anything yet... even though I wanted to be something.

Lena shifted her hair over her shoulder to expose her neck, and I felt rage building up at the pit of my stomach. The warm wind hit me, making my hair flail with its motions. He examined her, his eyes widening. What was she showing him? Suddenly that rage passed and I just started to get curious. She may not know that Luke and I were trying something, but it didn't seem too romantic anymore.

Before I could even admit my presence, Luke looked up from her and locked eyes with me. My stomach flipped as his cheeks got red.

"Clara," He said.

Lena looked over, placing her hair back into place. She smiled an all toothed smile as if trying to comfort the awkward situation.

"What's going on?" I asked, walking over cautiously.

"Lena just needed some comfort, as did I... after what happened yesterday..." Luke sighed.

"I understand that. Everything okay now?" I asked.

I actually wasn't mad, nothing. Luke was helping out a friend and like I said, I wasn't the jealous type at all. I was just nervous right now, I had just gotten the courage to admit my feelings. But what had happened... I understood that Lena needed someone. She was terrified about the Dementors.

"Better, much better. Do you know how Harry is feeling?" Lena asked straight away.

"Hermione is with him right now, he's a little better, less pale." I smiled. "I was worried about all of you, I'm so happy the both of you came out scar free. But you were in the wing, weren't you?"

Lena smiled shyly, "Yeah... I had to get out."

"Don't blame you."

A beat passed and Lena crossed her arms over her chest, taking in the field around us. It represented a ghost town.

"I have got to go... I can't stand here any longer." She said. "Thanks for the talk." She nodded at Luke and walked off, back towards the castle.

Alone... at last?

I faced Luke, noticing that he was looking at the ground. An uneasy tension set in and I took his hand, carefully. His touch was warm as he wrapped his fingers around mine, still unable to meet my eyes.

"What happened Luke?" I asked softly.

He looked up for a moment with a soft smile. "You don't know what happened yesterday, do you?"

"What do you mean?"

Taking a deep breath, he took my other hand and our eyes met, making my heart skip a beat. "I almost transformed into... dragon form. But I managed to stop it."
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

Reviews: 2
Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:23 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Gavin Olden, Saturday morning

Madame Hooch blew her whistle to signal the start of the match, I was facing Angelina Johnson. The quaffle came up and in between us, I made a grab for it but she reached it faster. As she flew away I pulled out in pursuit. We flew fast wind flowing past our faces. I got to her side as she approached the goal I reached for the quaffle and tried to take it. We fought for it for a second before she yanked on it, and once it was free from my grasp threw it in the goal post. "20 points for Gryffindor." Tamsin Applebee gained control of the quaffle, and got the majority of the way without much problem. Then he was swarmed by players, he tossed the ball to me. I cradled the ball in my arm while rushing to the goal posts. I saw that Wood was strongly guarding he twenty post, so I threw it into the ten. It went through Oliver's arms and through the post. Heidi got us another twenty. Then Luke got the ball and maneuvered to the goalposts before I even got to the middle of the field. He also got it through the twenty. Herbert was obviously off his game. The next goal gained Gryffindor another twenty points. Then another. Luke was doing really well. We were losing by 50 points.

Then both seekers caught sight of the snitch, Cedric was ahead. Then something kept Harry even more slowed down as Cedric got closer. Then I saw a flash of light someone else was up there, I couldn't tell who. I flew up as fast as I could.

Dementors swarmed the area, they reached out for me. My vision started to fade, but I fought it. One of my uncles had worked at Askaban and had told me they feed off of dark thoughts and fear. I pulled out my wand and yelled "Lumos maxima!" The dementors cleared and I saw Luke and Lena on a single broom.

Luke was starting to tip so I reached out and grabbed his arm, holding him upright. Me and Luke worked and got Luke onto my broom so that Lena could fly down. We slowly worked our way down. Dementors circled us. Their hands grasped at my broom, and pulled out a few of the hay bristles.

I was having a hard time thinking. Terrible thoughts kept popping in my head. Then Luke fell sideways. Fear filled me as I reached out for him, and only grasped air. I dived downward quickly. He was about to hit the ground when I grabbed him and yanked him onto my broom. He passed out and I just hoped that didn't hurt too bad. I lowered him to the ground.

I looked around and saw a lot of commotion. From what I could pick up Harry had fallen and Cedric had caught the snitch. I heard Cedric demanding a rematch, saying it was unfair due to dementors, but Oliver wouldn't have it he said Cedric was ahead of Harry and would have gotten it either way.

I looked over to see Clara coming. Everything started getting darker and it became harder to see. I breathed heavily, the sound of my heartbeat filled my ears. I fell to the ground.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:07 am
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Rain

I staggered into the school breathing hard. I somehow made it to the library and pretended to look through shelves so that I could clear my head. The room was quiet and still so it didn't take to long to slow my breathing and heartbeat. I needed to keep my cool so the others wouldn't notice me. I guess I wasn't very good at that because Robert came speeding over almost as soon as he arrived.

Robert pulled a folded up paper from his robe pocket and handed it to me.
''Would you have a look over my essay for Snape? I'd like a second opinion before I hand it in.'' he said.

''I'm not sure...'' I shuddered. I wasn't ready physically or mentally to read an essay on 'how to recognise and kill werewolves', particularly one written by a close friend.

''Trust me on this.'' he said, trying to sound assuring.

''All right.'' I said, my stomach was doing flips and I thought I might pass out again ''When do you want it back?'' I called after him, as he was already walking away.

''Don't worry about it, I wrote two copies,'' he called back.

Frowning I turned my attention toward the parchment I held. My brain hammered out thousands of predictions and fears for what could be inside. I wanted to disappear into the floor. To melt away hoping nobody would ever find me. I don't think I could bare it if the essay told me I didn't deserve to exist. I stared at it blankly took a deep breath and began reading.

Werewolves are dangerous. Under the influence of the full moon, they lose their minds, and are ruled by primal, bloodthirsty compulsions. They pose a danger to magical and nonmagicalkind. However, it is a grievous mistake to forget that they are our kind.

I almost dropped the essay. I gasped for breath and continued.

Whenever report of a child being attacked by Fenrir Greyback comes out, the public responds to the tragedy with sympathy. Adult werewolves, however, are met with nothing but fear and revulsion.

Upon examination of the standards that a 'good' werewolf is expected to follow, I find them to be incredibly difficult. The Wolfsbane potion that allows a werewolf to keep their human mind during transformation is incredibly complex and difficult to brew, and also requires expensive ingredients. This makes it as good as impossible for the majority of werewolves to access it, as many of them struggle with poverty due to their difficulty in finding employment.

The Ministry's efforts, such as the Werewolf Registry and Werewolf Support Services, amounted to nothing. No werewolves came forth to declare themselves to an establishment that not only periodically swung between classifying them as Being or Beast, but also had a Werewolf Capture Unit.

We are doing no favours to the children that we so readily offer our sympathy to by sending them our thoughts and prayers, and then maintaining social policies that make civilian life with their condition as good as impossible.

We see these people as vermin, when we should see them as patients.
The Wolfsbane Potion in itself is proof that it is possible to treat this condition.
(A potion that we should be prescribing and supplying to the afflicted, not only to alleviate their suffering, but also as a public safety measure for everyone.)
It is true that expert magiphysicans have been searching for a cure for hundreds of years.
It is true that it may be even longer before another breakthrough is made.

But it is up to us to make this society a place where the afflicted and the unaffected can live safely together in the meantime.

I felt tears spring to my eyes and my legs give out from under me. Suddenly I was on the ground quietly sobbing in the corner of the library. I couldn't believe what I had read. Never in my wildest dreams could I have hoped for something like this. After all I had seen happen to werewolves I was granted this gift. It was more than I could take. Hot tears of happiness streamed down my cheeks and soaked my hair. I didn't know what to do. I just sat there wondering how I got so lucky.
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:51 pm
View Likes
Midnightmoon says...

Lena Malfoy

Lena was sitting by the lake. She had left, giving Clara and Luke some time alone. Clara was nice, she hoped they could become friends. She wondered if Fred and George had gotten their revenge on Ron yet. Harry was still in the hospital wing. Lena hoped he would be alright. She sighed and put her head on her arms as her memory flashed back to yesterday. She shook as she remembered how much she had screamed yesterday, how much pain she had absorbed. The lake was the one place she felt at peace. Suddenly she felt like she just had to get away.

"Lena?" Someone was calling her name. She sighed.
"I'm over here." She called back.
Oliver entered.
"Hey. Hermione said I would find you here."
Lena smiled.
"Fred told me you were concerned about the game. Believe me, I won't kick you off the team. You played really well." He smiled and Lena blushed.
"Thanks." She said. "How's Harry? I haven't been to see him yet."
"He's fine. You should go see him. Come on." Oliver got up and beckoned with his finger. Lena sighed and followed him to the hospital.

267 Reviews

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:43 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Arabella Black
Spoiler! :

June

Miss Black... meet your father...

It was all dark; shadows flooded my vision, seeming so real and yet. Something was off, was this real? A sliver of light came form my right, opening up to a face, a familiar face with a stubble. I blinked, trying to focus more on it. But right when I was trying to reach for it... I awoke to Hermione speaking to me.

"Clara, I really need you to get up, Ron is in the hospital wing."

I shifted in my bed, unable to shake the uneasy feeling that that dream wasn't a dream. Hermione was already in full uniform, a frown lining her face. A warm glow came from the window, making the room have a soft orange glow, complimenting the red curtains that were draped over our beds.

"You've seen him, haven't you?" I asked, my voice still a bit sleepy.

She looked over at my and rose an eyebrow. "Who, Clara?"

"Sirius Black," I paused, letting the name float between us. "You know he's innocent."

As I said this, she swallowed hard and couldn't look my directly in the eye. "You know, he's my father?"

"Clara..." Her arms were folded over her chest, "Where did you get this idea?"

I got out of my bed, letting my feet embrace the cool floor, it shot me awake, more awake than the possibilty that Sirius could be my actual dad. Looking over at her, I noticed that she was already pacing the room, for sure unable to hide any more secrets from me.

"Hermione, we are best friends, come on."

She paused, turned to me with a stern look. "Your father is your father, not Sirius."

My heart sank, unsure if I could believe her.

It was time for Luke's Quiddith practise, and I wasn't going to miss it. It may be chilly out, but just seeing him swarm through the skies left me smiling for days. Lena was on the field first, doing some laps around to increase her speed. The others joined later, with Luke in tow. I suppose he was talking to Oliver before coming out.

"Clara!" Someone said from next to me in the stands, causing me to jump. I looked over and saw Rain with a huge grin lining her face.

"Rain, come, sit." I smiled, patting the spot next to me.

She had on her warmest robes, as did I. Plopping down next to me, she gave me a big side hug and looked over the field.

"I knew I could find you here." The wind blew her hair around her face, winter was definitely coming and I just wasn't here for it. "Since you and Luke have been... you know."

"Yeah, yeah," I felt myself blush, even the cool temperatures couldn't hide that heat.

"I did some investigating for you on Black..." She started, making me shift my focus only on her. "Clara, there's no rumored children for him, I'm sorry."

My heart dropped, but why? I loved my father, he was an amazing man. He may have not been a wizard, but he apprieciated the magic as well as being a muggle. He loved the balance we had, and loved us. My childhood was easy and amazing... I wouldn't want any other father. And yet, here I was, sad to hear Sirius wasn't mine.

"Nothing to apologize for Rain," I smiled sincerely. "I love my father, I just... I don't know..."

"Wanted to be pure blood?" She asked, those words cutting through my skin. "I know, being a human isn't a bad thing at all, but who wouldn't want to be a full wizard?"

I shifted in my seat, uneasy by the situation. Why did I want Sirius to be my father? I looked over at the field and saw Luke racing Lena, increasing his speed. Harry was on there as well, catching up with Oliver.

"No, it's not that..." I looked back over at Rain. "I love my father, I just never really felt like his. Does that, does that make sense?"

She titled her head with a soft smile. "It does Clara... but it may just be bacuase you have magic and he doesn't?"

"That's not it, Hermione's parents don't have magic at all and she still feels the connection."

"You will figure it out Clara."

I swallowed hard, pushing my thoughst away for a moment and watched Luke. He was maginificent. Now it was time to tell Hermione that... I was seeing him.
Last edited by Nike on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

267 Reviews

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:21 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Godric Percivil Rolland Lovegood

June

"Aye, Lovegood." A condescending voice called from behind me. The hallway was crowded with students, rushing to their next classes, as was I. Turning on my heel, Draco was just in front of me, a smirk playing on his face.

Rolling my eyes, I felt my heart stammer. "Malfoy,"

"I wouldn't have that kind of attitude, Lovegood." He folded his arms over his chest. "You will really love to hear what I have to say."

"And what is that? Enlighten me." I was glad I stood a bit taller than him.

"Medora," His smirk grew larger as that name sent shivers down my spine. "I wouldn't trust her if I were you."

"Where did this caring come from all of a sudden, Malfoy?"

He scoffed, looking around us as the hallways started to empty. "She came to me last night, begged for me back. Said that you wre just a copy of mine, but not entirely..."

Before I could retort, he cut me off. "...you are too naive for her. You fell in love too quick Mister Lovegood."

I felt my heart crash as our eyes met. There was no trace of hesitance from him, nothing, just cockiness. Cool wind hit my face as I stood there, trying to prevent tears from streaming down my face.

"Speechless, cat got your tounge?" He laughed. "Heard that off a mudblood."

"Shut up Malfoy." I hissed. "You have no right to meddle into my life."

"Oh?" He took a steo back, as if offended. "I am not meddling, just passing the word off. She doesn't love you."

That would explain why she hasn't really spoken to me... at all. He had a dirty smirk playing on his face and all I wanted to do was punch it right off, but Hermione had done that a few weeks back. The empty hallway suddenly felt so full as I couldn't catch my breathe.

"Well, I've got to get to class Lovegood. Try not to... Love, good anymore?" He mocked, turning away from me and headed down the hallway, away from me.

I shook my head, taking a few deep breathes. She wouldn't go to him, would she? That's crap, right? Fuck. I started to walk into the courtyard, enjoying the cool air, making all these feelings frozen for a moment.

"Ric?" Robert said from behind me. I could tell his voice from anyone else. "You're missing Divination."

"Tell Proffessor Trelawny I'm coming down with something." I replied back, seated on a stone bench.

Robert was headed towards me, his shoes crunched the frozen grass. He plopped down next to me, leaving some space between us. I sniffled, surprised that tears were actually covering my face.

"What's happening Ric?" He asked cautiously.

"It's Medora... I think, she's back with Draco."

"What?"

I looked up at him, his eyes wide with confusion. "That's impossible Godric... you guys were so... I don't know, you really liked each other."

"Well, I loved her." My voice felt raw.

He rose his eyebrows and nodded, as if that explained everything. "I doubt she would have left you if she didn't love you yet."

"I don't know, Draco seemed certain."

"Draco is a bigot, come on Godric, we know this!"

I shook my head, fiddling with my fingers, unable to keep still. The wind blew cooler, causing me to shiver. Sniffling again, I sighed, unable to think straight. She wouldn't leave me for Draco, I'm certain.

"I haven't seen Medora to be honest with you Godric." Robert mentioned.

Raising my eyebrows, I looked back at him. "Neither have I... she wouldn't skip classes just to avoid me, would she?"

"Not at all,"

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:41 am
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert Griffiths, 19 June 1994

Godric shook his head, and sniffled again. His sigh made a tiny cloud in the cold air.
It was hard to see him like this. He'd fallen hard for Medora, and it was clear that he needed her.

Robert hadn't seen Medora in a while. Strange. Godric had made it clear that he was willing to stick to her, Death Eater family ties be damned. And yet she seemed to be avoiding people, despite having no clear motives to do so. Did she have some additional baggage they were unaware of? That didn't make sense. Even if she did, surely by now she could understand that Godric wasn't easily scared off. It just didn't add up.

"I haven't seen Medora to be honest with you, Godric." Robert mentioned.

Godric raised his eyebrows, looking back at him. "Neither have I... she wouldn't skip classes just to avoid me, would she?"

''Not at all. I don't know what the problem is, but I don't think it's you. Of course it isn't. You've had some obstacles together, and she's come back to you before. Something has to be going on with her, something we don't know about.

Whatever it is, it can't be Draco. At least, not in the way you think. Medora knows Draco too well, it'd take more than a lifetime for her to forget what an insufferable cunt he is. If I were to take a guess, she's avoiding him, too, and he's just lying about it.'Robert reassured him.
Then he paused for a moment, to see if it worked. The silence hung there a moment longer than he would have liked. It worried him.
It hurt, to know that Medora didn't trust him as much as he thought she did. He knew that it must be hurting Godric a thousand times more.

'Whatever's going on with her, I wish she'd just ask us for help.' Robert said finally.

Me too.' Godric said. He looked uncharacteristically tired. The cool breeze did nothing to make the atmosphere feel less heavy.

'I'll talk to her. I'll find her, and I'll find out what's going on. Even if she doesn't want to talk to me about it, I'll at least convince her to talk to you. You said you were in it for the long haul, and she should understand that you meant it.' Robert said, with conviction.

Godric smiled a little at this. But his heart wasn't in it. His eyes were still tired and sore. He knew they only had a week before it was time to go back on the train the next Saturday. Robert knew this too. But he wasn't about to let any amount of doubt get in the way of at least trying to keep everyone together.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:50 am
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Gavin Olden, June 1994

The year seemed to fly by since the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, until the few weeks of exams(which every student know is the longest part of the year). The school year was nearly over and it had overall been a pretty good one. I had gotten to know who my real friends were since the incident of his relations to Voldemort. The classes this year weren't terribly hard despite having Snape teaching potions ( and trelawney's extravagant personality). I had quite enjoyed Defense against the Dark arts, Lupin style of teaching was so much more fun than most other teachers.

I had found myself reflecting on the year's adventures a lot the last few days. I wished I could have done so many things differently, been a little stronger. I realized if I was going to ask Robert the question I'd been working up the courage to ask before the end of the year I'd have to ask it soon. With that I hopped up from my seat in the library in search for Robert.

I scoured the halls, not worrying too much about getting to call on time. I had made my mind up to ask him, and I knew if I waited longer I'd talk myself out of it. I found him talking to Godric. I stayed back waiting for them to finish. Once they did Godric saw me and did a little wave, he seemed worried. I waved back, but had to turn and walk fast to keep up with Robert who was speeding off in the other direction.
Once I caught up I began to talk, " Hey Robert, how are you doing?"
"Alright I guess, I need to find Medora though. Have you seen her?"
"No I haven't, but I was wondering if I cou-"
Robert had sped up more to catch up with a girl with black hair that looked like Medora. I jogged to catch up again.
Once he realized it wasn't her he spoke, " Sorry, what were you saying?"
"If you're busy now it can wait", The anticipation was killing me, I didn't want to wait until later, but I also didn't want to be a burden.
"That might be good." He waited a second before adding, "Well, I guess I'll see you around."
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:47 pm
View Likes
Amnesia says...

Asha Diggory June 1994

She shut her trunk, pulling the hem of her shirt down. She could hear the rustling of other students in the common room. Her friends laughing loudly and talking about their plans for the summer. Asha took a long look around the room that had become a home to her over the last school year. Unsure if she would be permitted to return in September with her brother she tried to take everything in.

After a minute Asha made her way down to the common room, a smile on her face. Cedric was acting a fool with his friends, but when he caught sight of his little sister he walked over and gave her a hug.

Later on in the day Asha and Cedric waved goodbye to their friends on the platform. Cedric pulled his sister into his side and rubbed her hair in affection.

"Cedric, do you think father will let me come back next year?" She asked, they were waiting for their father outside Kings Cross when she asked and Cedric looked at her weird.

"I think he wants you out of his hair, so yes...he will permit you to come with me next year."

And with that Asha and Cedric got into a car both wearing smiles and ready for the summer.
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

59 Reviews

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:09 pm
SirenCymbaline says...

This wasn't working. He'd mistakenly stopped at least three black haired girls, none of which were Medora. Then Rain caught Robert's eye, so he decided to give up on his search for the time being and talk to her instead.
'Hey, Rain. How did your exams go?'

She exhaled loudly. 'Could have been better. But I passed just fine, mostly.'

Robert shrugged. 'Eh, same.'

Truthfully, he'd done pretty well at Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, Herbology, and DADA, the subjects he was putting the most effort into. But of course, he still felt he could have done better. He cared less about Astronomy and Ancient Runes, so he came out of those with only a passable grade.
He passed Divination fine, because anybody who claimed to see anything in the crystal ball made it through that exam just fine.

'Got plans for the break?' asked Robert.

'I'm going to catch up with my sister, and see if there's any good muggle music I've been missing out on.' said Rain.

'I really wish I could stay up to date with that while I'm here. It's not so bad though, because I usually end up catching up on them with my mum. I remember when I came back from my first year here and we listened to the last Queen album- that was pretty special.' Robert said warmly.

'Well, she did skip a few of the raunchier songs...but I did sneak and listen to them behind her back a few years later.' he said more quietly.

Rain grinned. 'I love Queen. And the Beatles. Me and my sister listen to them all the time, when I'm back.'

'What else do you two listen to?' he asked, curious.

Spoiler! :
@Oswin1800 Sorry it took me so long to write such a short post. I'll try write a longer one next time. Also @ty7lucky you're getting me curious about that question. Feel free to chime in at the next opening. The year will be over soon, after all.

Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:38 am
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Gavin Olden, June 1994

After leaving Robert to find Medora I headed towards the library. I was about there when I noticed Hannah. She was talking to Justin. A second passed and I realized I had stopped walking, I started walking again subconsciously faster. I was almost around the corner when Justin must have seen me because he shouted after me, "Gavin! Wait up!"

I turned to see him and hannah running over to me. "Hey Justin, Hannah." I felt my face going red.

"Hey!" Hannah said with a smile.

"I was just headed to the library."

"Mind if we tag along?" Hannah asked.

"Yeah, I mean no, I don't."

We walked the rest of the way to the library and then we sat in some armchairs that were facing each other. We sat in silence for a moment and then Hannah spoke, "So what are your plans for the summer, Gavin?"

"I'm going to New York with my family, and then we'll probably go to the quidditch world cup." I said, "How about you?"

"Not much," She said quickly, "I need to go to the bathroom." She softly nudged Justin before getting up and leaving.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"Umm... No clue," He shrugged, it was pretty obvious that he knew exactly what it was about.

"Ok..." We sat in silence for a second avoiding each others gaze. It had never been this awkward around Justin before. " Well... what plans do you have for the summer?"

"Oh, Not very much, My parents are going to be pretty busy all summer."

"We should hang out some time."

"Definitely."

Another moment of silence passed, this time it was interrupted by someone tapping on my shoulder. I turned to see Robert. "You were wanting to tell me something?"

I stood up quickly, "Yeah," I look back at Justin, "I'll be back soon."

"Oh, ok" Justin said.

I led Robert to a part of the library where people weren't close. I felt my face going red. I'd never mentioned this kind of thing to anybody, "Well... The thing is... Umm..." I thought about how to phrase this, " How have things been since people found out you liked Godric?"

He hesitated.

"What I mean is, have people acted alright about you liking guys?"
-Douglas Adams

59 Reviews

Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:44 pm
SirenCymbaline says...

He was a little surprised at this. It wasn't a question he was expecting, but then again Robert had never known Gavin closely.

It could have been curiosity, but what if he was asking for advice? What if he was testing the waters to see if it would be safe to come out himself? It wasn't clear yet.
But either way, Robert intended to help him.

''It was a little daunting at first. There's been a few stupid comments. But you know, people got over it, I'm over it, and for the most part it's old news.
My only real regret is that I didn't come out on purpose. And that it was more dramatic than I would have preferred." Robert shrugged. "But all in all, things aren't too bad."

Spoiler! :
@ty7lucky hope you don't mind I kept my post short. I thought the conversation might be more organic this way.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:14 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Gavin Olden, June 1994

"That's good," I looked down at the floor. "Thanks for talking to me about this."

I stood there for a second realizing that now someone knew that I like guys. I looked over my shoulder back at Justin sitting on his own. I turned back to Robert, "I... Um... Guess I should get back to Justin. He's looking pretty lonely over there." I motioned over. I forced a smile trying to cover up what I was feeling.

"Well, See ya," I started to slowly walk back when Robert stopped me.

"Wait, Gavin... So you like guys?"

I had been avoiding actually saying it, I wasn't sure why. I guess I felt that if people knew I'd actually have to deal with it. " Yeah... I think I'm gay."
-Douglas Adams

Remember: no stress allowed. Have fun, and learn from your fellow writers - that's what storybooks are all about.
— Wolfical