z

Young Writers Society

Kin No Tsubaki

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:14 am
FadingBrighter says...

It is the year 1875. The shogunate has fallen, and Japan has once more been united beneath the banner of the Emperor. What once was an isolated island nation has now opened its borders to trade, and the ancient nation is remodeling itself in a western image at an alarming rate.

Some think the change is a good thing.

But others desire to return to the old ways.

✿❀ ✿❀✿❀ ✿

Enter the Ronin, men bent on returning the Tokugawa clan to power and bringing back the old ways - even if it means using the dark powers of the Akuma to do so.

You are living in Japan when suddenly you find a strange red envelope marked with a golden camellia. Upon opening the envelope you are greeted by a strange being, a kami, who brings you a gift and a quest: You have been chosen.

STOP THE RONIN

SAVE THE EMPEROR

OR DIE TRYING.

✿❀ ✿❀ ✿❀ ✿

Hey guys, and welcome to Kin no Tsubaki. This storybook is going to be set in Japan during the early Meiji era and the Meiji restoration! There is going to be some magic involved and a lot of culture so if you want to try something new, or just like Japanese culture then this is for you!

First things first, each character will be imbued with power from a representative kami. As for what kami, you can choose or make up one of your own! Some examples of abilities would be:
Elemental abilities such as earth/water/fire and their variants such as storm/ice/ect.
Luck
Beauty
swiftness
...or any others you can think of.

As for characters, I am also fine with you creating any character you desire, though I do want to get some variety so here are some choices:
Shinto Preist
Shrine Maiden
American soldier
Japanese Soldier
Japanese Lord
British Lord
Maiko( apprentice geisha)
Buddhist Preist

The goal of this storybook is to have fun playing with a culture that is not often explored! I look forward to writing with you!

Character Profile:
Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[img]please include a picture![/img]
[color=#FFBF00]❀ [/color][color=#FF0000]Age:[/color]
[color=#FF0000]✿[/color][color=#FFBF00]Blood Type:[/color]
[color=#FFBF00]❀[/color][color=#FF0000]Appearance:[/color](preferably two lines along with the picture)
[color=#FF0000]✿[/color][color=#FFBF00]Personality:[/color] (minimum three lines)
[color=#FFBF00]❀[/color][color=#FF0000]Current Position:[/color] (Information pertaining to the character now.)
[color=#FF0000]✿[/color][color=#FFBF00]History:[/color](information about your character's past)
[color=#FFBF00]❀[/color][color=#FF0000] Likes:[/color]
[color=#FF0000]✿[/color][color=#FFBF00]Dislikes:[/color]
[color=#FFBF00]❀[/color] (And finally you can include a character song. I like to do this because it helps others obtain a general feel of what you want your character to be like)

Here is a link to the DT: Kin No Tsubaki DT
“Omnia mutantur, nihil interit (everything changes, nothing perishes).”
― Ovid, Metamorphoses

I don't think so alliyah, but don't quote me on that.
— TheBlueCat